Sony Online Entertainment starts to shed light on their new, dark project.
H1Z1: information is low, hype is high.
To close the gap, Sony Online Entertainment President John Smedley has taken to the H1Z1 subreddit. Smedley has already started a dialogue on monetization and a discussion on map size. One fan, a_monkie, has compiled a very solid list of recent H1Z1 info. Notable highlights:
- Your loot stays with your body when you die.
- Character progression does not involve XP.
- You can play in either first or third person.
- SOE can quickly grow the world map as needed.
- The H1Z1 dev team is hovering around 20 people.
- SOE insists monetization will not affect PvP combat.
- H1Z1 will be free-to-play, but Early Access (coming in 4-6 weeks) will cost $20.
- The alpha will be meant to find what's fun, and the beta will be to find bugs.
- A live stream of the current build will be scheduled for "next week".
The rest of the list is long and full of juicy scraps. If you want to catch new info as it comes, consider looking through Smedley's regular posts and threads. As always, we'll keep you tuned to the big stuff in the coming weeks.
Colt "ShdwFlm" Casey