We're looking for a Senior PHP and Front End Developer to join our team!
This position has been filled, thank you!
Want to work with world-class web applications at a company built for gamers by gamers? Are you extremely detail oriented? Do you know how to buy wards and support your team?
If so, we have some good news: we're hiring again at ZAM!
This time we're looking for a Senior PHP and Front End Developer with experience in developing in a high traffic, high availability environment. This developer will work with our team to help make awesome new features for LolKing, Wowhead, and other ZAM properties. This is a full-time position with benefits. This role has the option of working remotely or working from the ZAM offices in Northern California depending on the candidate's location. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, salary history, and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role: Senior PHP & Front End Developer
- Want to build world-class web applications at a company built by gamers for gamers?
- Do you enjoy every part of building software for the web and have a passion for developing awesome product features?
- Do you know where to drop wards and how not to feed?
- Come and work in an environment where you can go as far as your skills and drive can take you!
What you’ll do
- Develop awesome new features for Wowhead, Lolking, and other ZAM properties.
- Work with a team of talented developers and designers to build simple, beautiful, and consistent tools for gamers like yourself
- Invent and prototype new features, then build, test and ship them
- Drive the implementation of new technologies which improve our ability to build great products
Masteries & Abilities
- Draven like PHP skills with many full lifecycle projects under your belt
- 6+ years’ experience with PHP and web frameworks such as Zend Framework (1 and 2), Doctrine (ORM), enterprise design patterns, Git, MySql, jQuery, Memcache, and Ajax
- Must know more about API architecture than how to spell REST
- Experience with C# applications, as well as Direct3D with SlimDX
- Knowledge of ActionScript and Stage3D
- Experience with Linux, bash, and Apache
- Familiarity with one or more Continuous Integration Servers. E.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis
- Solid software design skills, and a love of automated testing
- Experience in creating optimized web pages, SQL queries, and database structures for high-load environments
- Solve problems on the fly, using your wits and knowledge
- A passion for continuous improvement, always looking for ways to use your skills to improve the status quo
- Be able to communicate and advocate for the right solutions with other teams, working together to solve hard problems
Honor will be awarded for the following
- Gearman or other job queuing frameworks
- Vagrant and VMware
If you have the correct Masteries & Abilities, this job may be a perfect fit for you if…
- You can balance the needs of the our users against engineering goals of code debt and maintainability
- You can have effective conversations with product managers as well as developers
- You suggest solutions instead of opinions
- You can work in a remote environment and still deliver projects on time
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, salary history, and any other relevant information to email@example.com.