Colin Johanson discusses Guild Wars 2 updates to come.
Guild Wars 2 Game Director Colin Johanson made a review listing what came to the game with the December 10th release, and what will come in early 2014. Some of the 2013 projects will be extended to 2014 to ensure further polish of those features.
What came exactly with the December 10th release?
- The end of Tower of Nightmares battle in Kessex Hills.
- The return of the marvelous holiday of Wintersday.
- The first step of the PvP reward system revamp further detailed on John Corpening’s blog post on PvP rewards.
- New healing skills for every profession.
- The addition of the final pieces of Ascended gear: Ascended armor.
- The opportunity for Leatherworkers, Armorsmiths, and Tailors to raise their skill level to 500.
Only four releases are now left in the current major world story arc, season one of the Living World. 2014 will bring answers to the motivations behind Scarlet's actions and how she'll act with the knowledge she gained. It will also explain what the “do not touch” devices are and bring an epic finale.
The next release in the arc will be on January 21. Due to the size and scope of the final four story releases in season one, the next round of major features will be bundled together into a large “feature only” release that will come after the first season of the Living World 2014 has finished. More details on what's to follow will come after the story is completed.
Guilhemette "Whilhelmina" Giacopazzi