Valve introduces two new elemental heroes and a ton of improvements.
Valve has once again put out a very impressive update to Dota 2, the Three Spirits Update. In this update, Valve gives us two new heroes: Kaolin the Earth Spirit and Xin the Ember Spirit, who join their fellow elemental Raijin the Storm Spirit.
As if that wasn’t enough, there’s also a ton of other additions:
- In-Game Coaching: Train up to three people at once, using a variety of teaching tools.
- Crafting: Transform your unwanted or duplicate items into new / better ones!
- Socketing: Personalize your items with animations, colors, effects, stats and autographs.
- Showcase View: Zoom closer to the game and notice details you’ve never seen before.
- Player Items: Show support for your favorite pros and wear their custom gear.
- New Treasures: Unlock three new thematic treasure chests.
- Diretide: The late 2013 Halloween event which runs from today until the 28th.
Looking over the whole change log, there’s no way a summary would do it justice. Besides, the Dota 2 update pages are always a work of art. Head on over to the official update page and soak it all in.
Colt "ShdwFlm" Casey