Several of the restrictions on Free and Silver memberships will be removed.
A big announcement from SOE today: many of the free-to-play restrictions will be lifted soon on EverQuest and EverQuest II Free and Silver membership accounts. Here's a look at the changes F2P players can soon enjoy.
As of mid-next week, we're going to be removing the following free-to-play restrictions in EverQuest and EverQuest II. Free and Silver players will now have access to all of the following options:
- We are opening up ALL CLASSES.*
- We are opening up ALL RACES. **
- All bag slots are unlocked.
- All players can now use the shared bank slots.
- The quest journal restrictions are lifted entirely. Quest away!
- Additionally, EverQuest is allowing all players to send delivery parcels! (This change is for a game-specific change in EQ, so it doesn't happen in EQII.)
* "All free classes" exception for EQII only: Beastlord is still only accessible via the "Age of Discovery" expansion pack.
** "All free races" exception for EQII only: The Freeblood race is still an SC-only marketplace option.
Head over to EverQuest II's site to read the full article on these changes.