Patch 4.1 has only been live for a few days, but Blizzard has already opened the floodgates for patch 4.2 news. Following the release of two preview videos, Blizzard posted numerous blog entries about the upcoming update. Here's the rundown:
- The Firelands: Patch 4.2 will offer hardy adventurers an opportunity to turn the tide in the Firelands, a huge outdoor raid of the highest difficulty, with 10-person and 25-person normal and Heroic modes. It will be a scorching opportunity to delve into this Elemental Plane, where six unique bosses stand between you and the reinvigorated Ragnaros.
- A Legendary Engagement: Patch 4.2 introduces an epic quest that will challenge those daring enough to complete the legendary staff Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest. The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight. Those who complete the staff won’t be the only ones to receive a reward, though. As this task requires the dedication of an entire guild, upon completion of the staff all guild members will receive a unique non-combat pet to call their own.
- The Regrowth and Molten Molten Front Daily Quest Hubs: In patch 4.2, stalwart adventurers will have the opportunity to test their mettle at two new daily quest areas located in the fertile hillsides of Mount Hyjal and the burning depths of the Firelands. Known as the Regrowth and Molten Front, these areas will offer an unprecedented amount of daily solo content for level-85 players to enjoy -- including over 60 new quests, four "unlockable" iLevel 365 gear vendors, and a world that evolves right before your eyes.
- Elemental Bonds: Can you break Thrall from his elemental bonds and ensure the restoration of the World Tree? The fate of the world, and one of its foremost heroes, hangs in the balance with this quest for level 85 players.
- Tier 12 Armor Set Preview: Look at the armor sets for paladin, mage, rogue, hunter, death knight, and priest.
- BlizzCast 16: In the first video BlizzCast, Rob Simpson sits down with Game Director Tom Chilton to find out what the patch is all about, Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak lays out info on the new Firelands quest hub, and Lead Content Designer Cory Stockton spits and flows on Ragnaros and the upcoming raid content.