Blizzard just posted a lengthy blog post that outlines some tips to keep your account safe. While most of you hopefully already follow these guidelines, here they are:
- Never give out your account information.
- Be mindful of phishing scams.
- Don't use gold selling or power-leveling services.
- Grab an Authenticator.
- Install antivirus and anti-spyware software.
- Keep your operating system up-to-date.
- Keep your browser and browser plug-ins up-to-date.
- Turn on your browser's phishing filter.
- Read the "Help, I Got Hacked!" guide if your account is compromised.
As a reminder, GU Comics is currently hosting a contest to promote WoW account security. Submit a limerick by the end of the week for a chance to win a Battle.net authenticator.