The PTR patch notes for 3.2.2 have been released, and as we've mentioned, the big news is that Onyxia is being scaled for level 80 players to help celebrate the fifth anniversary of World of Warcraft.
One of the drops will be a rare 310%-speed mount modeled after Onyxia, and Boubouille of MMO-Champion already has some images of the mount, which can be viewed by clicking the picture to the right. Boubouille also has a list of some items that have dropped off Anyxia on PTRs, as well as information on other new mounts and pets coming in this anniversary patch.
You can discuss 3.2.2 in this thread started by NeithanTheWronged in our WoW general forum. You can read the full patch notes below.
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
- The Brood Mother Returns
- After years of lurking in her lair battling the many brave adventurers who travelled from afar to challenge her, Onyxia returns to commemorate World of Warcraft’s five-year anniversary.
- Onyxia has been scaled to offer new challenges to level 80 players and is now available for testing in 10- and 25- player modes.
- Adjustments have been made to the encounter to keep it fit for modern raiding, but the fundamental experience of fighting the Brood Mother will remain, as will the horror of the Deep Breaths!
- Some classic items Onyxia offered level 60 players will have their stats adjusted appropriately for level 80 players.
- Brood of Onyxia, a very rare 310%-speed mount modeled after Onyxia herself will be available for the luckiest of challengers.
- Copied Test Realm characters will no longer be copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.
- Gnaw: This death knight ghoul ability now has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Moonkin Form: This form now also reduces the damage the druid takes while stunned by 15%.
- Typhoon: The knockback distance from this spell has been increased to match Thunderstorm.
- Feral Combat
- Predatory Strikes: This talent now also causes the druid’s finishing moves to provide a 7/13/20% chance per combo point to make the next Nature spell with a cast time below 10 seconds instant cast.
- Arcane Blast: The buff from using this ability now stacks up to 4 times instead of 3, and each application increases mana cost by 130% instead of 200%.
- Missile Barrage: The effect from triggering this talent now removes the mana cost of Arcane Missiles. In addition, the chance for Arcane Blast to trigger this talent is now 8/16/24/32/40%. All other listed spells continue to have a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to trigger it.
- Righteous Fury: The bonus threat from Holy spells caused by this talent has been reduced from 90% to 80%.
- Judgements of the Just: The reduction in cooldown to Hammer of Justice provided by this talent has been reduced to 5/10 seconds instead of 10/20 seconds.
- Touched by the Light: This talent now provides 20/40/60% of the paladin’s strength as spell power instead of 10/20/30% of the paladin’s stamina.
- Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack.
- Fan of Knives: The damage done by this ability has been reduced by 30%.
- Throwing Specialization: This talent no longer causes Fan of Knives to interrupt spellcasting.
- Honor Among Thieves: A 1-second cooldown is now enforced on how often a rogue can gain combo points from his party via this talent.
Dungeons & Raids
- Shadowfang Keep
- Wailing Guardsman: Screams of the Past will no longer have multiple applications on a target. Recast time has been increased.
- Glyph of Mind Flay: This glyph no longer reduces the magnitude of the movement reduction on the Mind Flay victim.
- The size of the Focus Frame can now be adjusted via the Interface Options menu.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?sid=1&forumId=11114
- Balance of Power: Misleading tooltip reworded. The tooltip previously reported an incorrect value for the increased chance to hit with spells. The actual benefit of the talent is unchanged.
- Divine Aegis: Ranks 1 and 2 now work with Holy Nova.
- Trap Mastery: Tooltip now states the correct amount of snakes summoned.