EverQuest II servers are down for an emergency hotfix. According to Holly "Windstalker" Longdale, it's "because a designer broke...uh...death... ."
Here's the update notes:
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
F.S. Distillery: The Rum Cellar [solo]
- Fixed a crash that would occasionally happen in the rum cellar solo zone.
- The radius in which some of the guards will see you along the Rum Run and near Kildiun before sending you to jail has been slightly reduced.
- Portia Rumuffin should no longer be stuck with her secret recipe buff.
F.S. Distillery: Distill or Be Killed [Heroic]
- Any party members still within the sugarcane press will be freed upon defeating Yipnik.
- The Fishbone Earring's water breathing effect is no longer removed upon zoning, relogging, or death.