1. Follow ZAM forum rules and guidelines.
This is fairly obvious of a rule, no need to explain this
2. Pay respect to all members of this board, regardless of opinion.
Everyone comes from different walks of life, and most players on these boards will never meet one another in game, let alone rea life. This means there is no excuse not to be polite and courteous to one another. Being on these boards is a privlidge, not a right. This rule will be strictly enforced.
If you feel you cannot conduct yourself like an adult, do not post. If you feel as if your post will be overly aggressive or emotional, wait until you have calmed down, or just not reply. Nothing incites forum fights more than approaching a situation ruled by the emotions of the moment. Remember nobody is forcing you to post here and unlike other sections of the forums, there is not large amounts of traffic you have to 'protect from misinformation'.
3. Constructive criticism is the only critism.
Declaring that an idea is 'stupid' accomplishes nothing but upsetting people. If there is an idea that you view as flawed explain why, and offer an alternative. For every idea shot down there should be at least one alternative idea brought up.
The Creed of the Board:
- I acknowledge that upon signing below, that I am joining a small community that focuses on being helpful and respectful to its members. That this is a forum section made by fans of the game, for fans of the game, and that though we may love different things about it, we are all here to enjoy the games we play and to share that enjoyment and experience with one another.
- I accept that while some ideas or viewpoints expressed in this community may not agree with my own, I shall treat them with the same respect and thoughtfulness as if they were.
- I promise to treat each member in these boards with the same respect and courteousness I would in any professional environment.
- I promise to leave my personal distaste or dislike for any specific individual, playstyle, or idea outside of these boards.
(This is a work in progress, if you feel as if you have any other parts to add or want to edit/change what is above, feel free to discuss it in the general chat thread.)