Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Good news/bad news/worse newsFollow

#1 Jan 22 2011 at 3:17 AM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Good news - got my alchy mount recipe out of my first jar

Bad news - got my alchy mount recipe and am incapable of resisting the urge to make it

Worse news - didn't realize that anyone can actually use the vial even if they aren't an alchy, meaning that I have to make one for both the alchy and the main - truegold xmute PLEASE proc O_o
#2 Jan 22 2011 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
Congratulations.

I'm waiting for our guild Alchemist to get the recipe, and saving up some so I can provide him the mats. That's one sweet mount.
____________________________
Wahu - Disc Priest (main)
Get an Authenticator!!
#3 Jan 23 2011 at 12:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,949 posts
rusttle wrote:
Worse news - didn't realize that anyone can actually use the vial even if they aren't an alchy, meaning that I have to make one for both the alchy and the main - truegold xmute PLEASE proc O_o


... Seriously? That's a kick in the nuts for sure. If you just wanted the vial, a much better way would have been farming for all those hours rather than spending it on archeology :-/ Hopefully you got some good BoAs at least!
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#4 Jan 23 2011 at 5:45 PM Rating: Excellent
**
970 posts
Aye, the actual Vial is BoE. While I'd prefer it to be BoP, it would probably end up rarer than Mimiron's Head, and I don't think Blizzard wants that.

On the bright side, at 30K+ worth of mats, selling a couple would give a way to recoup a big part of the cost.
#5 Jan 24 2011 at 12:59 AM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
... Seriously? That's a kick in the nuts for sure. If you just wanted the vial, a much better way would have been farming for all those hours rather than spending it on archeology :-/ Hopefully you got some good BoAs at least!


Who said I just wanted the vial?
#6 Jan 24 2011 at 2:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,949 posts
rusttle wrote:
Quote:
... Seriously? That's a kick in the nuts for sure. If you just wanted the vial, a much better way would have been farming for all those hours rather than spending it on archeology :-/ Hopefully you got some good BoAs at least!


Who said I just wanted the vial?


If you didn't, that's fine then. I was just going off what you wrote, which was that you wanted to make the vial RITE NAO and got the recipe, but didn't realize the mount was BoE.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#7 Jan 24 2011 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
ElMuneco wrote:
Aye, the actual Vial is BoE. While I'd prefer it to be BoP, it would probably end up rarer than Mimiron's Head, and I don't think Blizzard wants that.

On the bright side, at 30K+ worth of mats, selling a couple would give a way to recoup a big part of the cost.


Yeah, the problem is trying to find people who are willing to buy it. I've seen a couple on my AH for 48k or so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most people don't have that kind of gold just laying around. I know I certainly don't.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#8 Jan 25 2011 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,455 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I've seen a couple on my AH for 48k or so.
I would snap that up in a heartbeat if I only had a couple thousand more gold. Current AH price on my server is around 60k gold, and it'll be a month or two before I can afford that since I'm lazy and the AH JC market has tanked a bit.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#9 Jan 25 2011 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I've seen a couple on my AH for 48k or so.
I would snap that up in a heartbeat if I only had a couple thousand more gold. Current AH price on my server is around 60k gold, and it'll be a month or two before I can afford that since I'm lazy and the AH JC market has tanked a bit.


Agreed, I was finally starting to get into the gem market but so far it has not been good. Obsidium Ore has dropped to about 50g a stack so I can buy a couple hundred, prospect it, and transmute with my alchy (hoping for procs). Yet they just don't seem to be selling, mainly, or else they are just really low priced. Some yellow and blues are selling for under 20g. Reds selling for under 75g. I need to find a steady market.
#10 Jan 25 2011 at 12:40 PM Rating: Excellent
**
970 posts
Hyolith, Hero Among Heroes wrote:

Agreed, I was finally starting to get into the gem market but so far it has not been good. Obsidium Ore has dropped to about 50g a stack so I can buy a couple hundred, prospect it, and transmute with my alchy (hoping for procs). Yet they just don't seem to be selling, mainly, or else they are just really low priced. Some yellow and blues are selling for under 20g. Reds selling for under 75g. I need to find a steady market.

At 50g a stack, seriously consider all you can get your hands on, since there's currently zero risk:

Cut green-quality gems vendor for 9g.
Prospecting one stack of obsidium gives an average of 5.6 green-quality gems and 0.29 blue-quality gems.
The greens vendor for 53.1g. You should be able to squeeze 20g out of a random blue, so call it 5.8g for 0.29 of 'em. That's about 6g pure profit, since the 3.1g pays you for the time you spend cutting the greens.

Therefore, 50g for a stack of obsidium should be an absolute price floor. The only risk is that they'll patch in a change to the ventor price of cut green-quality gems, in order to lower the auction house deposit since so many auctions are being returned due to the JC flood.

(Edited since my proc chance for blues was too high, since at most one can proc per prospect)

Edited, Jan 25th 2011 6:11pm by ElMuneco
#11 Jan 25 2011 at 8:11 PM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
If you didn't, that's fine then. I was just going off what you wrote, which was that you wanted to make the vial RITE NAO and got the recipe, but didn't realize the mount was BoE.


Where did I say I was making it right now?

As things currently stand the cost of the truegold is even to slightly higher then that of raw mats so I'm just doing my xmute every day and hoping for procs (as noted in OP) - happy to say that last night I got a bonus truegold so patience just made me 850g richer then "right now."

Nope, the annoyance factor is locking up the xmutes for the foreseeable future self producing the mats - sure, I'd love to just say "f-it" and AH the sucker but I'm just too gosh darn cheap practical to pay more for something now when there's no immediate need.

Although with peeps talking about AHing the thing, well, I'll just have to check my local AH - let's see - hmm, none there, ah well, will take a stab at it after I make it - if I can flip it for a couple tens of thousand then I'll happily do without even longer. :-D

Edited, Jan 25th 2011 9:59pm by rusttle
#12 Jan 26 2011 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
I've stayed a steady 13-15k for most of the expansion thus far. Alchemy just doesn't seem to be that profitable at the moment, without having a miner and a JCer as well. I've been too lazy to farm, so my volatiles are down to 12, not quite enough to transmute, and not enough herbs to sell on the AH either.

That's why I'm working on leveling my priest and my DK. Priest is the JC'er, and my DK is the miner.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#13 Jan 27 2011 at 1:05 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,455 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I've stayed a steady 13-15k for most of the expansion thus far. Alchemy just doesn't seem to be that profitable at the moment, without having a miner and a JCer as well. I've been too lazy to farm, so my volatiles are down to 12, not quite enough to transmute, and not enough herbs to sell on the AH either.

That's why I'm working on leveling my priest and my DK. Priest is the JC'er, and my DK is the miner.
Is the price of Life so similar to the price of other Volatiles that buying and transmuting isn't worth the effort? Even without procs, I'm making between 200-400g a day(prices have been fluctuating pretty heavily) just buying lifes and transmuting them over in Uldum for the airs. More if I get a proc of anything but Fire/Water, which I'm using to level tailoring.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#14 Jan 27 2011 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,756 posts
The "prices have been fluctuating heavily" part seems to match my server best. I can usually take my stockpile of lifes and transmute it into something more valuable (usually air or water) but whether that's 50g or 500g more a stack seems to vary day-to-day.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#15 Jan 27 2011 at 8:10 PM Rating: Good
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I've stayed a steady 13-15k for most of the expansion thus far. Alchemy just doesn't seem to be that profitable at the moment, without having a miner and a JCer as well. I've been too lazy to farm, so my volatiles are down to 12, not quite enough to transmute, and not enough herbs to sell on the AH either.

That's why I'm working on leveling my priest and my DK. Priest is the JC'er, and my DK is the miner.
Is the price of Life so similar to the price of other Volatiles that buying and transmuting isn't worth the effort? Even without procs, I'm making between 200-400g a day(prices have been fluctuating pretty heavily) just buying lifes and transmuting them over in Uldum for the airs. More if I get a proc of anything but Fire/Water, which I'm using to level tailoring.


Heh, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the tip Pold, I'll check that out.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#16 Jan 30 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
Is the price of Life so similar to the price of other Volatiles that buying and transmuting isn't worth the effort?


Yup - been reduced to that, although the volatiles are beginning to get chewed up for use by other tradeskills now, like 75 air for the 525 JC recipes. >_<
#17 Jan 31 2011 at 1:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,455 posts
rusttle wrote:
Quote:
Is the price of Life so similar to the price of other Volatiles that buying and transmuting isn't worth the effort?
Yup - been reduced to that, although the volatiles are beginning to get chewed up for use by other tradeskills now, like 75 air for the 525 JC recipes. >_<
Now I'm curious. Is it due to an overabundance of Alchemists driving down the price of other volatiles(characterized by a really low price for other volatiles), or due to a shortage of herbalists driving up the price of the VLs?

If it's the latter, folks on your server have an opportunity to make a lot of money right now.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#18 Feb 03 2011 at 1:06 AM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Sorry, bad response - I meant that the price of truegold had been driven down to the point that it wasn't worth making anymore - a single bar is selling for less then the value of the raw mats while a life to air xmute without a proc, well, life averages 8g each at worse while air is 30g each at best and if you get a proc then you've actually got enough profit to almost buy a bar of truegold.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)