Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Titanium and Frost LotusFollow

#1 Oct 06 2009 at 5:48 AM Rating: Good
*
64 posts
I've noticed recently on my rounds of SB that any time I get many Frost Lotus drops I find almost no Titanium nodes, and vice versa. I'm starting to wonder if there is some law of conservation of Titanium nodes and Frost Lotus.

Obviously I'm kidding but it is funny that I never seem to get several Titanium nodes and Frost Lotus drops on the same farming session, and I generally farm when the area is quiet. Of course my theory falls apart on the days when I don't get any of either...
#2 Oct 06 2009 at 6:03 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
103 posts
You might want to try farming those in Wintergrasp. Plenty of both.
#3 Oct 06 2009 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
220 posts
The god's were smiling upon me a few days ago when I scored four Frost Lotus in six herbs. I haven't picked up another since :(
____________________________
Druid
Warrior
#4 Oct 06 2009 at 6:54 PM Rating: Good
*
229 posts
Quote:
You might want to try farming those in Wintergrasp. Plenty of both

Shhhhh! ;-) <jks>

No, <whistles innocently, eyes staring intently at the ceiling> really, there's not...
#5 Oct 07 2009 at 10:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,761 posts
Had a painful time last night, herbing for 2 hours and only a single frost lotus (I was farming mats to make flasks).

Of course you get your good days and bad days. On rare days I've pulled 8-9 frost lotus in an hour before. If I average about 3 I'm happy, but more is always better ^^
#6 Oct 08 2009 at 12:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,229 posts
Yep, I'm back farming too. The cost of frost lotus on the AH has shot up and it is no longer viable to buy the mats and make flask. I only spent about 45 mins farming last night and got 1 Smiley: glare
____________________________
Create Something Amazing
#7 Oct 08 2009 at 5:40 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,590 posts
Ouch, poor herbalists. *hugs*

Where have you guys been farming? I always found I had the best luck in Storm Peaks, provided there weren't hackers flying around at the speed of light.
____________________________
Moon Guard (Alliance) & Wyrmrest Accord (Both Factions)
#8 Oct 08 2009 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
I'm not sure exactly why Frost Lotus has shot up the way it has...the demand for flasks hasn't increased since 3.1, but lately it's been getting out of hand.

I have my rogue gather all of the herbs I need for flasks/potions and then have my hunter make them for me, but my stockpile of Frost Lotus is dwindling. I go through up to 12 flasks/week, which require a total of 6 Frost Lotus to make. I'm not looking forward to the day when my limited time to gather herbs has me short Frost Lotus and I have no choice but to head to the AH to augment my supplies D:
#9 Oct 08 2009 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
Lady isyris wrote:
Ouch, poor herbalists. *hugs*

Where have you guys been farming? I always found I had the best luck in Storm Peaks, provided there weren't hackers flying around at the speed of light.


No, not poor herbalists. Poor Alchemists. I'm an herb/tailor and I don't mind the increased price in frost lotus one bit. Smiley: grin I probably will when my druid hits 80 though, as she's an alchemist.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#10 Oct 08 2009 at 7:24 PM Rating: Good
PigtailsOfDoom the Eccentric wrote:
Lady isyris wrote:
Ouch, poor herbalists. *hugs*

Where have you guys been farming? I always found I had the best luck in Storm Peaks, provided there weren't hackers flying around at the speed of light.


No, not poor herbalists. Poor Alchemists. I'm an herb/tailor and I don't mind the increased price in frost lotus one bit. Smiley: grin I probably will when my druid hits 80 though, as she's an alchemist.


Word.

I Herb and Mine on my DK. The "Money Maker" as I call it.

I have got more Frost Lotus in SP then Icecrown.
Also, the Frozen Herbs in DB, I think I have picked a few from them too.

I find Titanium in the Basin all the time. Don't just fly around the outside of the map. Learn (or use an add-on) where stuff pops, and then zig-zag around. You will find more spots.

I do Gathering Skills. If I need something made, there is usually 2-3 Creators in my Guild. So I give the mats, they give back the goods ^-^
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | **** | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#11 Oct 09 2009 at 7:45 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
288 posts
i usually dont go out of my way to herb, i just grab nodes as i pass them while questing and what not. becuase of this i maybe pull 1 frost lotus a week or so, nothing special but i'm not hurting for them anyway.

not sure what was up with my luck last night but i found 6 in less then an hour. 2 actual FL nodes in WG back to back in less then a minute followed by a icethorn and FL node 3 minutes later.
after wintergrasp while doing Argent dailies in icecrown found 3 more....just a great RNG night for me.

#12 Oct 09 2009 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,943 posts
I spent a little under an hour herbing Sholazar Basin; got probably 6 stacks of Adder's Tongue, 5 of Tiger Lily, 3 of Deadnettle, around 10 Eternal Life, and 4 Frost Lotus. Maybe a stack of two of goldclover as well.

Prices were better than I thought. Frost Lotus was MUCH pricier than I remember it being. Those 4 should give me almost 180 gold. Not sure how much I'll have made overall, but I'll update when I log in.

Is Wintergrasp any good for herbing? Haven't gone there for anything other than weekly quests since the fly-over changes came in.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#13 Oct 09 2009 at 8:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
288 posts
now that you can fly in WG during NON-battle times its a good place to herb. i think its the only zone where you can find an actual frost lotus node, not just an extra drop from another herb.


....o wait. its a terrible place, so much PvP....dont go herb there....dont take my nodes. bad bad, stay away.
#14 Oct 09 2009 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
103 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
I spent a little under an hour herbing Sholazar Basin; got probably 6 stacks of Adder's Tongue, 5 of Tiger Lily, 3 of Deadnettle, around 10 Eternal Life, and 4 Frost Lotus. Maybe a stack of two of goldclover as well.

Prices were better than I thought. Frost Lotus was MUCH pricier than I remember it being. Those 4 should give me almost 180 gold. Not sure how much I'll have made overall, but I'll update when I log in.

Is Wintergrasp any good for herbing? Haven't gone there for anything other than weekly quests since the fly-over changes came in.


If you don't want to PVP just stay out of the zone 15 minutes prior to the battle through 15 minutes after the battle. There is alot of pre and post battle ambushing at the nodes. The rest of the time, mining and herbing are great. Its a bonus if you enjoy PVP.
#15 Oct 09 2009 at 12:48 PM Rating: Decent
Mobow wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
I spent a little under an hour herbing Sholazar Basin; got probably 6 stacks of Adder's Tongue, 5 of Tiger Lily, 3 of Deadnettle, around 10 Eternal Life, and 4 Frost Lotus. Maybe a stack of two of goldclover as well.

Prices were better than I thought. Frost Lotus was MUCH pricier than I remember it being. Those 4 should give me almost 180 gold. Not sure how much I'll have made overall, but I'll update when I log in.

Is Wintergrasp any good for herbing? Haven't gone there for anything other than weekly quests since the fly-over changes came in.


If you don't want to PVP just stay out of the zone 15 minutes prior to the battle through 15 minutes after the battle. There is alot of pre and post battle ambushing at the nodes. The rest of the time, mining and herbing are great. Its a bonus if you enjoy PVP.


I took my first visit there a couple of days ago for herbing and was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately I didn't find any FL nodes, but it was pretty good otherwise. Not quite as good at Sholazar though, but there is that increased chance to get FL.

Plus all the elementals drop crystals too.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#16 Oct 10 2009 at 7:58 AM Rating: Decent
11 posts
First post... User since Vanilla WOW, I'm not big on posting. This needed to be said: IRT(in reference to) the OP, if you want to increase Frost Lotus(FL) node appearance, /1 the location that you find any Titanium nodes. Once the Miners mine up those nodes the FL nodes seem to pop. I spend about 3 hours of my WOW day in WG, either participating in WG, farming the fire mobs/fishing/herbing. In my time split between my herbing/farming I leave WG with between 4-12 FL. I am truly convinced Titanium and FL share some sort of regional spawn commonality (you get my point). The locations of the FL are obviously shared by the Frozen Herb(FH) nodes and Gatherer/Cartographer seem to get confused, especially because the FH nodes have a relaively high FL drop rate anyway. I hope this helped.
____________________________
-"I am NOT the mage you seek."
#17 Oct 13 2009 at 5:20 AM Rating: Good
*
64 posts
I find a get most of my Frost Lotus in the basin, probably because the herbs are fairly close together so I can pick them quickly. Today I hit the jackpot and got 10 Frost Lotus in 45 min - that's 500g on my server. Of course, only one Titanium node showed up as per the Law of Conservation of Titanium Nodes and Frost Lotus :)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)