Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

JC nerf... still coming?Follow

#1 Jun 22 2009 at 9:30 PM Rating: Decent
**
809 posts
May 22
Bornakk wrote:
In the next major content patch we will be removing the prismatic quality of the jewelcrafter-only Dragon’s Eye gems. Like other gems, they will have to match the socket color to receive a socket bonus. When this change occurs, players with qualifying jewelcrafting skill will be provided a yet to be determined amount of Dalaran Jewelecrafter Tokens as compensation.

[...] Nerfs are rarely (if ever) something that returns positive feedback, but we feel this change is necessary to bring this profession more in-line with the bonuses from the other professions. The stat bonuses are meant to stand on their own, not provide extra socket bonuses or ignore meta-gem requirements.


I havent heard if the nerf announced a lil bit ago is still going thru, or even on the PTR, but was hoping someone knows something new, in case I missed it.

Buffing current dragon eye cuts is fine. But losing prismatic quality to them, and no word on Blizz creating hybrid stat dragon eye cuts, kinda sucks.
____________________________
"...for he suffers the worst fate he can know, and that is to know that he dies."
#2 Jun 22 2009 at 11:34 PM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
I'm translating "major patch" as 3.2 but that's just a guess - it could very well be a 3.1x patch.
#3 Jun 24 2009 at 8:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
"Next major content patch" is always always a 3.x sort of thing, so yeah, this should be slated for 3.2.
#4 Jun 30 2009 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
****
7,608 posts
Aren't they also buffing the amount of stats the JC gems provide?
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#5 Jun 30 2009 at 9:02 PM Rating: Default
*
63 posts
It looks like everyone is an master jc in the ptr, at least my pre made priest is. Anyway, the dragon gems are red or blue, etc, socket only, not prismatic like before. I don't remember about the stats, I'll look next time I log on.
#6 Jul 01 2009 at 8:45 AM Rating: Decent
**
809 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
Aren't they also buffing the amount of stats the JC gems provide?


Dragon eye cuts are red/blue/yellow now, losing the prismatic quality. Fine. But the lack of orange/green/purple cuts sucks @ss.
____________________________
"...for he suffers the worst fate he can know, and that is to know that he dies."
#7 Jul 02 2009 at 6:47 PM Rating: Good
****
7,608 posts
Azaza wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
Aren't they also buffing the amount of stats the JC gems provide?


Dragon eye cuts are red/blue/yellow now, losing the prismatic quality. Fine. But the lack of orange/green/purple cuts sucks @ss.


I meant from like +27 Agi to + 32 Agi or something. I swear I remember reading about it.

Multicolor cuts would be HAWT though.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#8 Jul 21 2009 at 8:57 AM Rating: Decent
**
608 posts
Will you choose the color or will it be dependent on the type of cut?(red for str, yellow for hit rating, blue for stam?)
____________________________
Quote:
I've been married for 15 years, and I can say with confidence that wives are definitely BoP. And Unique. Hope yours has a short cooldown.

Heroic-ize your Ret!

Ret Solo Data
Paladin Stats
#9 Jul 21 2009 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
SarionBelmont wrote:
Will you choose the color or will it be dependent on the type of cut?(red for str, yellow for hit rating, blue for stam?)

This as always, I'm sure. It'd be nice if you could just tailor it to whatever color you happened to need, but they'll never make it that way.
#10 Jul 21 2009 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
**
629 posts
They are buffing pretty much every proffesion BoP gear to keep it on par with BS extra sockets that will get natural buff once epic gems get more common. I am 95% sure that MMO-Champ had whole list of changes for this. Check under "professions" - no numbers, but it's there.

I guess Blizz didn't like how JC got solid trinkets (and epic versions are bound to happen), BoP imba gems AND practically no requirements on meta gems. I have JC on two of my 80s and I still think it's OP. No biggie though, we will have to think a second when socketting, that's all.

Edited, Jul 22nd 2009 2:06am by himdraug
____________________________
A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Timelordwho wrote:
Good plans are never ruined, only secondary contingencies triggered.
#11 Jul 24 2009 at 5:42 AM Rating: Good
**
608 posts
linjon wrote:
It looks like everyone is an master jc in the ptr, at least my pre made priest is. Anyway, the dragon gems are red or blue, etc, socket only, not prismatic like before. I don't remember about the stats, I'll look next time I log on.


So much for this huh?


Anyhow, anyone else on PTR know the stats of them yet? Really interested to know!
____________________________
Quote:
I've been married for 15 years, and I can say with confidence that wives are definitely BoP. And Unique. Hope yours has a short cooldown.

Heroic-ize your Ret!

Ret Solo Data
Paladin Stats
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (14)