Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Sure! I'd be happy to DE for you :)Follow

#1 May 14 2009 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
658 posts
Just wanted to put that out there in defense of my profession. There are waaay too many whiny posts by enchanters wanting to hog all the shards after an instance.

But I promise not all of us are greedy @#$%s. I always tell people I'm willing and able to DE at the start of a run. If someone asks me to de their green drops, I do so cheerfully. If someone passes on shards at the end, I make a point to thank them for doing so. If someone leaves the group without either taking their shard or specifically saying they pass, I assume they forgot, and I put it in the mail.

Even if enchanting weren't a service industry with plenty of competition, there's no need to be stingy with the shards. It's a very profitable profession. Heck - even if you don't get lucky with green drops or loot rolls, you can just go out, do a couple leftover leveling quests and de the rewards.

I mean, come on guys.



Edited, May 14th 2009 6:45pm by Laecy
____________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

-Dr. Seuss
#2 May 14 2009 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
288 posts
good to know i'm not the only one.

I have 2 toons that DE, one at lvl 80, and one on the way to 80.
At the start of ever instance i tell them i can DE and would be happy to. At the end we all roll and the top rollers win shards.

No problem from me to DE anything as long as i'm not on my way to a raid or someplace i have to be. i level my proffessions for me. Tips and whatnot are just nice little extras that happen from time to time.
#3 May 14 2009 at 4:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,912 posts
Laecy wrote:
Just wanted to put that out there in defense of my profession. There are waaay too many whiny posts by enchanters wanting to hog all the shards after an instance.

But I promise not all of us are greedy @#$%s. I always tell people I'm willing and able to DE at the start of a run. If someone asks me to de their green drops, I do so cheerfully. If someone passes on shards at the end, I make a point to thank them for doing so. If someone leaves the group without either taking their shard or specifically saying they pass, I assume they forgot, and I put it in the mail.

Even if enchanting weren't a service industry with plenty of competition, there's no need to be stingy with the shards. It's a very profitable profession. Heck - even if you don't get lucky with green drops or loot rolls, you can just go out, do a couple leftover leveling quests and de the rewards.

I mean, come on guys.



Edited, May 14th 2009 6:45pm by Laecy


I think we're all pretty clear that the situation isn't "Enchanters are greedy pricks", it's "There's greedy pricks that are enchanters".

Jewelcrafters are greedy pricks. (j/k).
____________________________
NOTE: I may post comments about my like/dislike/approval/disapproval of game features.
1- They are NOT a complaint. They are a perspective.
2- They are NOT advocacy. They are a perspective.

Overlord Theophany wrote:
Insults aren't needed
#4Tsuvati, Posted: May 14 2009 at 5:23 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.
#5 May 14 2009 at 5:51 PM Rating: Excellent
**
436 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.

You, OP, are an idiot.


Correct.

And my aren't you just a big fluffy ball of friendly.
#6 May 14 2009 at 6:04 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,829 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.


In an MMO where cooperation is a central theme to the game? Yeah, pretty much.
____________________________
"Is it wrong for me to long for the simpler days of yesteryear when performers weren't so confusing? Jagger, Bowie...you KNEW they were women. But nowadays, this internationally ranked cheerleading coach just can't figure it out. Neil Patrick Harris? You confuse me. I HEAR you're gay, but there you are on my TV playing a normal, womanizing, cardigan-wearing straight. That's confusing. And then I heard a rumor you're not actually a doctor. So much sneaky **** deception!" --Sue's Corner
#7 May 14 2009 at 8:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
658 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.

You, OP, are an idiot.


/eyeroll

Enchanting is plenty profitable. I serve myself quite adequately. DE'ing for groups helps other people and does not hurt me. It's not a difficult decision.
____________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

-Dr. Seuss
#8 May 14 2009 at 11:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.

You, OP, are an idiot.


Yawn - slight difference between not serving others and QQing "everything that drops is MINE!!!"

The OP's post was in response to the monthly post of some self-absorbed enchanter that thinks that every BOP greed roll item from an instance should automatically become his property so he can have the shard.

But you would know that now, wouldn't you, since you're one of the self-absorbed chanters posting one of said QQ threads?

Talk about an idiot. ;-)

edited upon noticing that poster was one of the monthly QQers

Edited, May 15th 2009 3:21am by rusttle
#9 May 15 2009 at 2:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
422 posts
Quote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.


Why yes, yes they are.
#10 May 15 2009 at 6:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Tsuvati wrote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.

Quoted for truth. Disenchanting is probably the most profitable profession. You can easily afford to purchase anything you need from the AH that you don't have on hand. That really means that if you want to hog every shard from an instance, you really are a "greedy prick".
____________________________
--- Mike ---
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Aside from the deep and complex parts, WoW is not deep and complex. Jordster
There are only 2 types of goldsellers in these parts. Dead ones, and dead ones that don't know it yet... Dread Lörd Kaolian
Stop hanging out with morons. That's probably impossible though because there are tons of morons out there. Mentalfrog

[wowsig]2577575[/wowsig]
#11 May 15 2009 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
**
970 posts
ohmikeghod the Venerable wrote:
Tsuvati wrote:
Yes because everyone who levels their profession to NOT serve other people are greedy pricks.

Quoted for truth. Disenchanting is probably the most profitable profession. You can easily afford to purchase anything you need from the AH that you don't have on hand. That really means that if you want to hog every shard from an instance, you really are a "greedy prick".

I actually don't mind the greed as much as the selfishness.

"Yes, I've joined up with you guys in a collaborative effort to accomplish something none of us could do individually. We all have to do our part and pull our weight. There's a service I could provide to the group that costs me nothing, but I'm not going to do it. Why refuse to? Because I can. Nyaah."
#12Tsuvati, Posted: May 15 2009 at 10:37 AM, Rating: Unrated, (Expand Post) Hey, inbreds, I didn't say I deserve every drop. I did say I wouldn't DE unless I felt like it. It's not greedy, it's preference.
#13 May 15 2009 at 8:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
2,590 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
Hey, inbreds, I didn't say I deserve every drop. I did say I wouldn't DE unless I felt like it. It's not greedy, it's preference.

Ever heard of a "service"? Yeah, you pay for those.

You asshats can keep whining about how the big bad enchanters make all the money while I sit back and get my shards anyway :)


Why so bitter? Does your girlfriend charge you for her "service" too?

Protip: "Inbred" is not a noun, and using it as such makes you seem like a third-grader who is leafing through his father's dictionary looking for insults only confirms the previously formed opinions of everyone else here.
____________________________
Moon Guard (Alliance) & Wyrmrest Accord (Both Factions)
#14 May 15 2009 at 9:28 PM Rating: Good
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
Hey, inbreds, I didn't say I deserve every drop. I did say I wouldn't DE unless I felt like it. It's not greedy, it's preference.

Ever heard of a "service"? Yeah, you pay for those.


So how much should the healer charge for the service of healing you during an instance? What should the tank charge for the service of taunting a mob off of you? What's a fair price for buffs during the run?

Quote:
You asshats can keep whining about how the big bad enchanters make all the money while I sit back and get my shards anyway :)


If you've got so much gold then why QQ that peeps aren't giving you all the shards from instances? ;-)
#15 May 16 2009 at 1:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
*
135 posts
Quote:
So how much should the healer charge for the service of healing you during an instance?

Oooh, I like that idea. 1s per heal and extra for buffs and rezzes would probably make a nice amount Smiley: lol
#16 May 16 2009 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
***
3,879 posts
I'd go with 1s per point healed if I were you, say 10g a buff and 100g a rez - this guy claims he's a dps and with his attitude I'm betting he pulls agro and dies a lot.
#17 May 16 2009 at 11:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
2,590 posts
rusttle wrote:
I'd go with 1s per point healed if I were you, say 10g a buff and 100g a rez - this guy claims he's a dps and with his attitude I'm betting he pulls agro and dies a lot.


200g per B-rez or Ankh. Reagents are a pain in the ass.
____________________________
Moon Guard (Alliance) & Wyrmrest Accord (Both Factions)
#18 May 16 2009 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
*
135 posts
Quote:
I'd go with 1s per point healed if I were you, say 10g a buff and 100g a rez - this guy claims he's a dps and with his attitude I'm betting he pulls agro and dies a lot

I'm liking this more and more. When do we start to introduce this pay per heal system? Smiley: sly
#19 May 16 2009 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,761 posts
I never get these rants...

Shards from items you win? Yours.

Shards from items others won that you DE? Theirs.

Either way, the normal rules of need vs. greed apply. If you want a chance at it, greed it. If you don't pass it.

Plus, once you are at cap especially, who cares about having mats. 99% of the people that want one bring their own mats and tip. You having the items only helps you.

Thus, more reason why people shouldn't pass so you can hog the shards.

Now, RECIPES should be specified at the start of raids. Are you passing them to those with that profession (and who has what), or are you all needing?

That is the ONLY point I think can be contested. Because, while that IS money for the rest of the group, it is still a large boost character-wise for you. It is the same, to me, as needing a BoE blue or purple that is unusable by your class but an upgrade for another. But this is why I clear the group loot rules before.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#20 May 17 2009 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
I never get these rants...


I can understand to a certain degree - the chanters see that everyone else has sole dibs to their raw mats and they feel that they should have the same exclusive rights to their source of raw mats.

The problem in their thought process is that they don't take into account that other classes cause zero loss when they gather mats - if no one else in the party can skin then no one would have had a chance at the leather I skin from the mobs, if there are no other miners then the mineral node is lost, no other herbalists means that plant goes unpicked - as such, when someone skins/mines/herbs the other party members lose nothing since none of them could have gotten any profit out of the corpse/node.

On the other hand, all of those blue/purple BoP items would have been sold to a merchant for gold if there was no chanter in the party to DE them, so while the chanter can make the BoP items into something other then gold, the fact is that the party would have gotten use for those items even without the chanter, thus meaning that giving the chanter al the BoPs does cause a loss for the party.
#21 May 17 2009 at 11:05 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
ElMuneco wrote:
"Yes, I've joined up with you guys in a collaborative effort to accomplish something none of us could do individually. We all have to do our part and pull our weight. There's a service I could provide to the group that costs me nothing, but I'm not going to do it. Why refuse to? Because I can. Nyaah."


For the record, I stopped D/Eing for PUG dungeon runs with my hunter not because I was lazy, or because I was mean...I was both of those things, but that's not why I didn't speak up when folks asked if there was an enchanter in the group. I stopped doing it because it was never the three seconds for the D/E...it was waiting for people to finish the transaction. I'm wanting to get on with my life and I'm stuck standing over the corpse of some random boss waiting for a handful of drooling buffoons to accept the trades and click accept. And ya, I was the kind of guy who would get fed up and start counting after I sent the trade request...if I got to 10 without a trade window opening, the shard just became mine. Not because I had any pressing need for it, but because I wasn't interested in waiting around. Obviously it couldn't have been that important.

Having said that...

Tsuvati...just give it up. You did well to lay low after your guild loot whoring debacle; now you can't help but go off on people because they don't back your mindless egocentrism. You're not a very nice person. Get used to having people call you on it. Between the guild loot policies and now this, I think you'd do well to simply assume that if you've got an opinion on a policy or convention revolving around who gets what and why, you're wrong. Just wrong. Don't defend it, don't get all uppity and start calling names. Just get some zen around your wrongness and move on. Srsly. You'll just be doing yourself a favor.
#22 May 18 2009 at 11:21 AM Rating: Excellent
**
260 posts
sezmo wrote:
Quote:
I'd go with 1s per point healed if I were you, say 10g a buff and 100g a rez - this guy claims he's a dps and with his attitude I'm betting he pulls agro and dies a lot

I'm liking this more and more. When do we start to introduce this pay per heal system? Smiley: sly


LOL I like this idea too! Think someone can write us an add on that keeps track of how much fellow party members owe you? Also, it should send a message to the entire party when you get an invite: "By inviting me to your party, all members agree to pay (list of fees). A deposit of (X gold) will be collected in advance and any surplus refunded to you at the end of the run."

Seriously, when I play my chanter, I have absolutely no problem DEing for the group. Nor do I expect that all shards belong to me. That would be patently ridiculous.

1) If the items weren't de'd they'd still be valuable to other party members for vendor sales if nothing else.

2) I am leveling enchanting for MY benefit. Therefore however much it cost me to level, I would have done it anyway. Since I've already done the work, why NOT offer the benefit to other party members (presumably folks who are helping me level my character and finish quests more easily than I would alone)?

3) It takes just a few moments out of my life and costs me nothing.

4) It creates goodwill.```

5) And when all is said and done, I'm not a d**k.

#23Tsuvati, Posted: May 18 2009 at 12:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) To: Idiot who argued how inbred is used. Welcome to the internet. We use verbs and adjectives as nouns now. Get with it.
#24 May 18 2009 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,590 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
To: Idiot who argued how inbred is used. Welcome to the internet. We use verbs and adjectives as nouns now. Get with it.


Golly gee, mister, you sure have shown me the erroneous of my exist. Clearly my weak intellectual is no competing for your mighty think!

Show me please how to astound the populating as you do!

Quote:
To: Morons who seem to think EVERY job of a class is suddenly payable.
You should quit WoW, forever. Your ignorance has reached a level so high that even every windowlicker out there now looks down on you.


Screenshot


____________________________
Moon Guard (Alliance) & Wyrmrest Accord (Both Factions)
#25 May 18 2009 at 4:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
To: Idiot who argued how inbred is used. Welcome to the internet. We use verbs and adjectives as nouns now. Get with it.


So you're saying that due to this being the internet we should accept the fact that idiots like you are going to mangle the English language due to a combo of low intelligence and poor English skills - check! ;-)

Quote:
To: Morons who seem to think EVERY job of a class is suddenly payable.
You should quit WoW, forever. Your ignorance has reached a level so high that even every windowlicker out there now looks down on you.


See, that's where the disadvantage of low intelligence kicks in - an inability to recognize sarcasm and/or when someone is demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

Quote:
You play a class, you HAVE to do your job or you have no purpose existing. As a chanter, I leveled a profession for -me- not you, -me-. I leveled something for -my- benefit.


Then why should people give up the BoP items which they could sell just so that you can have a shard or crystal for your benefit?

See, that's the problem with your 'logic' - you're sitting there screaming that people are being greedy because they don't want to let you have everything.

Quote:
Should I also enchant all your gear free?


If you expect us to give you all of those shards and abyss crystals, then yes, you should since we're contributing to you leveling and upgrading your enchanting.

Quote:
Because god knows that those rods were free for me from pugs! Oh wait, no, I spent the thousands of gold between them all.


See, this is where that lack of intelligence on your part kicks in again - you're demanding the BoP items, which have value both as shards/crystals and merchant bait, yet you're QQing that people would like you to perform the zero-cost-to-you action of DEing the BoP items that they win in a greed roll.

Quote:
Seriously. It was a very simple issue of "is this new" and all the lickers had to show up and bring even lower class speds with them.


Sorry friend, but you're the window licker/sped here - the OP made a post in defense of chanters, reminding folks that not all chanters are greedy little bastards that want every shard for themselves and who refuse to shard stuff for the rest of the group. He didn't mention you by name nor did he link to your post.

Instead, you came in and started going spastic and cussing out everyone and anyone who agreed with him.

Sorry buddy, but you're the moron that came in and started throwing a tantrum.

Quote:
If you don't like it, you don't have to run with me. Seeing how next to none of you are on Alleria,


And for that we're quite thankful.

Quote:
stop getting hemorrhoids over it and go outside or something(while we're using tireless, boring stereotypes).


Isn't the guy who comes into a thread and starts screaming at people the one who needs to get out - ie/you? ;-)

Quote:
I'm not going to argue further. As the above mentioned, you do your thing we'll do ours.


We can only hope you'll stand by your statement.

Quote:
*edit*

One other reason I stopped.


Damn, couldn't even keep your word that long - ah well, as noted, this is the internet. >_<

Quote:
People are whiny children(as this thread shows VERY well)


ROTFLMAO!!! I take it that your limited intellect can't grasp irony either?

Quote:
and if they win items or orbs, I refuse them shards.


Do you share this loot rule with them before the run or only at the end so that you come off as a ninja?

Quote:
They got something, so the rest go to the rest of us. Makes perfect sense to me, yet there are always people out there who cry about how they got an upgrade and orb, but still deserve to roll on Abyss or Dream Shards. No. Done with the whiners. Now I just greed on things and keep my mouth shut :)


I'll take that as a no then - something that you spring on them at the end of the run.

Well don't worry kid - with your attitude and behavior you not only wont have to worry about us not grouping with you, but pretty soon, I doubt anyone but the most worthless muppets on your server will be willing to group with you.

Think about it kiddo - you have to pug a lot for a reason and its not your leet dps. ;-)
#26 May 18 2009 at 6:54 PM Rating: Good
Guru
*
135 posts
Quote:
So you're saying that due to this being the internet we should accept the fact that idiots like you are going to mangle the English language due to a combo of low intelligence and poor English skills

But dnt dey alrdy do dat?

Quote:
They got something, so the rest go to the rest of us. Makes perfect sense to me, yet there are always people out there who cry about how they got an upgrade and orb, but still deserve to roll on Abyss or Dream Shards. No.

Why? Why should they not be entitled to roll on shards that have come from gear that was available to everybody? I'd expect to be able to roll on what an item disenchanted into even if I'd already got an upgrade and/or won an orb. I asked my guild whether they would and every single one who was online answered that they would too. I wouldn't group twice with anyone with that attitude and would also warn everybody I knew about that person. Especially if this rule was sprung on the group at the end.
#27 May 18 2009 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
*
156 posts
Anyone want to share my popcorn. I also got a spare soda (Beer for the adults)
____________________________
"Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness""Lord of the Thirteen Hells""Master of the Bones""Emperor of the Black"
#28 May 18 2009 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
You play a class, you HAVE to do your job or you have no purpose existing. As a chanter, I leveled a profession for -me- not you, -me-. I leveled something for -my- benefit.


Maybe you should have a chat with an admin. You go from "here are my ideas" to namecalling and idiocy in a heartbeat. It's like the second someone challenges an idea of yours, you go absolutely **** and it becomes time to put the kids on the playground to shame with the level of immaturity that ensues.

Seriously...just stop. Or at least grow up enough to have an intelligent debate that doesn't degrade to idiocy the instant someone shows up with an idea contrary to yours.
#29 May 18 2009 at 8:31 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
Anyone want to share my popcorn. I also got a spare soda (Beer for the adults)


I'm happy with my SoCo and Coke but I'll take a bowl of that popcorn thanks!
#30 May 18 2009 at 8:46 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,590 posts
xDarkpheonix wrote:
Anyone want to share my popcorn. I also got a spare soda (Beer for the adults)


Smiley: popcorn

I'll have a Fanta, thanks.
____________________________
Moon Guard (Alliance) & Wyrmrest Accord (Both Factions)
#31 May 19 2009 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,764 posts
Tsuvati wrote:
To: Morons who seem to think EVERY job of a class is suddenly payable.
You should quit WoW, forever. Your ignorance has reached a level so high that even every windowlicker out there now looks down on you.

You play a class, you HAVE to do your job or you have no purpose existing.


Tsuvati wrote:
I don't see what is so hard for people to grasp that my services are bought, not free. Be it DE'ing or DPSing.


Just thought I'd add this little gem from the original emoplode thread.

Sprite and some popcorn with extra butter, please.
____________________________
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
#32 May 19 2009 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
I'm actually thinking of making my way to the O-Boards and posting this thread for others on Tsuvati's realm to Smiley: lol at.
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#33 May 19 2009 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
35 posts
Jeez, what a cluster *&%$. Listen, you can be nice and DE and let people roll on the shards/mats that they could have rolled on in item form in the first place.

Side note: I always try to have a leveling enchanter as a friend, as I routinely have dozens of greens from my alts to DE. Mostly because its very tiresome to list dozens of items on AH to sell over the course of a few weeks, just so I can put things I actually WANT to keep in my bank. And for this service/favor I will give gold or any kind of dusts/essences the said enchanter needed.

Generally, this said enchanter will do enchants for me, for little to no cost, being as I gave him mats already and he will possibly get to advance his profession at the same time. Sounds vaguely like a win-win scenario.

Orrrrrrrr, you could be a **** and get on Allakhazam, or any other game forums and complain.

My tip, if you do not want to DE things from a PUG, don't offer. Better yet, don't ever mention that you are an enchanter, because someone will be sure to ask you to DE the BoP loot that nobody in the group can use.

Finally, I realize I may not have the most complete grammar/spelling skills on here, but I do respect trying to speak with some intelligence, and give kudos to everyone on the internet who tries to do the same. Thank you.
#34 May 19 2009 at 11:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
184 posts
Quote:
I'm actually thinking of making my way to the O-Boards and posting this thread for others on Tsuvati's realm to at.


It would be more like a public service announcement IMO.
#35 May 19 2009 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
**
629 posts
Quote:
So how much should the healer charge for the service of healing you during an instance? What should the tank charge for the service of taunting a mob off of you? What's a fair price for buffs during the run?

Oh, I like where this is going. As a tank im gonna charge 1s for every 100 dmg points soaked in whole run. In addtion to that I'm gonna charge for every taunt and shout I do. And of course there will be some money in marking mobs( not needed, but hey people buy useless stuff all the time, don't they?). Do you think it's ok if I negotiate funds for keeping my "work uniform" fixed and clean? Or is it too much to ask? Of course newly established Tank Union will try to deal with outrageous conditions we're commuting to workplace. New griphons for every dungeon I say!
____________________________
A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Timelordwho wrote:
Good plans are never ruined, only secondary contingencies triggered.
#36 May 19 2009 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
808 posts
rusttle wrote:
Quote:
and if they win items or orbs, I refuse them shards.


Do you share this loot rule with them before the run or only at the end so that you come off as a ninja?


I know it's fun for a nerb mob to pile on a bully when everyone else is doing it, but you do realize that this principle at least is SOP for PUG runs, right?

"Refuse them shards" is a silly way to put it of course, but basic fairness suggests that if at the end of an instance you have only four shards instead of five because someone claimed Need on one of the blues, then the four toons who didn't snag an upgrade would each get a shard. The toon with the upgrade already got the equivalent of a shard through his or her own choice.
#37 May 19 2009 at 3:26 PM Rating: Good
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
I know it's fun for a nerb mob to pile on a bully when everyone else is doing it, but you do realize that this principle at least is SOP for PUG runs, right?


Oh no, I know that this is standard etiquette as I practice it myself as I'm sure the majority of the posters here do as well.

The trick is that with any loot rules, one has to establish them ahead of time - if you don't feel that someone should get more then one NEED item or can't roll on the orb or shards or whatever way you want to play it, if its something that you intend to enforce then its something that you should share with the group at the beginning.

If you hit PUG raids with any regularity, you know how you get raid leaders that turn into loot **** after all's done and over with, suddenly announcing a whole slew of loot rules that were never discussed at the beginning and that you'd of never joined the raid had you known - this gent is coming off as one of those types and being rightfully slammed for his behavior.
#38 May 19 2009 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,764 posts
I don't expect other people to pass on shards if they got a drop, but I usually will, if there aren't enough shards to go around. Lately, though, I get in a pug and we plow through 3-6 heroics in 2-4 hours, depending on where everyone wants to go. We just collect all the shards and divide at the ed, give the extras to whoever rolls highest.
____________________________
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
#39 Jun 09 2009 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
Duchess xNocturnalSunx wrote:
I'm actually thinking of making my way to the O-Boards and posting this thread for others on Tsuvati's realm to Smiley: lol at.

Too late. (Insert Smiley: sly emoticon here!)

Edit: Oh, and rate ups for the other reasonable enchanters.

Edited, Jun 9th 2009 9:02pm by Wondroustremor
____________________________
Longtail | Evilynne | Maevene | Kornakk | Steelbelly
#40sybban, Posted: Jun 28 2009 at 7:03 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's not that enchanter's are greedy, it's that most of you are complete idiots.
#41 Jun 28 2009 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,764 posts
sybban wrote:
Enchanting is not even profitable


/facepalm

If you can't make money with medium to high level enchanting, you're doing something wrong.

Also, blues and epics have a vendor value if there is no enchanter in the group; mining nodes, skinnable corpses, and plants do not.
____________________________
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
#42 Jun 28 2009 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
**
546 posts
sybban wrote:


I can't even sell my mats b/c I have to save them in case a guildie needs enchants NOT that they sell for much anyway. And blizzard messed up the progression so badly that they only thing that you get from random greens is planar's. Infinite dust, you have to go out of your way to get.


Since your entire post is so full of fail I will focus on one part of it to correct. You do not have to go out of your way to get infinite dust. Planars and dust from this expansion are just like they have always been. Dust comes from armor and, since BC, jewelry. Planars come from weapons. Your cheapest source of dust will be by getting a JC. In closing stop being a moron.
#43 Jun 29 2009 at 4:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
sybban wrote:
It's not that enchanter's are greedy, it's that most of you are complete idiots.

I can't believe the stupidity that involves someone thinking that they are ENTITLED to something that they can't perform on their own.

When miner hits a node in a group, how come we don't roll on that? Or herbalsim? Or skinning?

I don't mind de'ing. As long as everyone is cool about it I normally will just do it.


I leveled enchanting, it was a pain in the ass. Wtf did you level? Skinning and mining so you could sell the mats? And now you want some more free mats to sell just bc you are grouped with me?

I had to pay and tip a blacksmith for every rod I ever needed. How come it's not customary to tip the disenchanter? Enchanting is not even profitable, people just get enchants from their guild for free. The only people who ask for enchants are twinks.

I can't even sell my mats b/c I have to save them in case a guildie needs enchants NOT that they sell for much anyway. And blizzard messed up the progression so badly that they only thing that you get from random greens is planar's. Infinite dust, you have to go out of your way to get.




So I guess what I'm trying to say to anyone who complained in this thread is basically, eat a **** and die. You are absolutely too stupid to live anymore. Thanks


And this, ladies and gents, is what we call a "sock" account (most likely) or a "troll" (less likely). Why a sock? Because they know how to break the Allakhazam swear filter, and knew it before posting (notice no edit tags).

**** off. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're totally wrong if you think enchanting is not profitable. I have made probably tens of thousands of gold from it (I know I made at least 10k back in TBC alone).
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#44 Jun 29 2009 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
***
2,590 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
sybban wrote:
It's not that enchanter's are greedy, it's that most of you are complete idiots.

I can't believe the stupidity that involves someone thinking that they are ENTITLED to something that they can't perform on their own.

When miner hits a node in a group, how come we don't roll on that? Or herbalsim? Or skinning?

I don't mind de'ing. As long as everyone is cool about it I normally will just do it.


I leveled enchanting, it was a pain in the ass. Wtf did you level? Skinning and mining so you could sell the mats? And now you want some more free mats to sell just bc you are grouped with me?

I had to pay and tip a blacksmith for every rod I ever needed. How come it's not customary to tip the disenchanter? Enchanting is not even profitable, people just get enchants from their guild for free. The only people who ask for enchants are twinks.

I can't even sell my mats b/c I have to save them in case a guildie needs enchants NOT that they sell for much anyway. And blizzard messed up the progression so badly that they only thing that you get from random greens is planar's. Infinite dust, you have to go out of your way to get.




So I guess what I'm trying to say to anyone who complained in this thread is basically, eat a **** and die. You are absolutely too stupid to live anymore. Thanks


And this, ladies and gents, is what we call a "sock" account (most likely) or a "troll" (less likely). Why a sock? Because they know how to break the Allakhazam swear filter, and knew it before posting (notice no edit tags).

**** off. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're totally wrong if you think enchanting is not profitable. I have made probably tens of thousands of gold from it (I know I made at least 10k back in TBC alone).


So this is what happens to that one sock that always gets lost in the dryer?

Poor, lonely sock.

/sniffle

Edited, Jun 29th 2009 12:30pm by isyris
____________________________
Moon Guard (Alliance) & Wyrmrest Accord (Both Factions)
#45 Jun 29 2009 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
**
970 posts
AstarintheDruid wrote:
sybban wrote:
Enchanting is not even profitable


/facepalm

If you can't make money with medium to high level enchanting, you're doing something wrong.

My hunter just dinged 77 in Grizzly Hills. The only dailies I've done are making seals mate once a day (most days, but not every day) for walrus rep. I leveled Enchanting to 425, paid for Outland and Northrend leatherworking (I skinned up to 70 and saved mats), and bankrolled epic flight including Cold Weather. All without any help from my main except for a 1k loan I paid back plus 20% in less than a month. Guess what skill paid for it...

For the record, I'm happy to DE in a party.
#46 Jun 29 2009 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
I can't believe the stupidity that involves someone thinking that they are ENTITLED to something that they can't perform on their own.


/agreed

Chanters who think that they're entitled to all unclaimed BoP drops from bosses that they are incapable of soloing are complete losers.

Oh wait, that's not the way you meant it, is it? ;-)
#47 Jul 23 2009 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Laecy wrote:
Just wanted to put that out there in defense of my profession. There are waaay too many whiny posts by enchanters wanting to hog all the shards after an instance.

I agree 100%. 'Chanters don't need BoP shards to level. They also don't need BoP shards for the gold. It isn't a hardship to share shards with the other players in your PuG/Guild run.

Quote:
Even if enchanting weren't a service industry with plenty of competition, there's no need to be stingy with the shards. It's a very profitable profession. Heck - even if you don't get lucky with green drops or loot rolls, you can just go out, do a couple leftover leveling quests and de the rewards.

I make more gold by selling normal DE'd components than anything else I do. Enough so that if I want to buy a couple of high-end shards, it's out of pocket change rather than feeling like a huge amount.
____________________________
--- Mike ---
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Aside from the deep and complex parts, WoW is not deep and complex. Jordster
There are only 2 types of goldsellers in these parts. Dead ones, and dead ones that don't know it yet... Dread Lörd Kaolian
Stop hanging out with morons. That's probably impossible though because there are tons of morons out there. Mentalfrog

[wowsig]2577575[/wowsig]
#48 Jul 23 2009 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
*
104 posts
Well as an enchanter i usually dont have a problem with deing for a group, but from reading this i realized that it is not the norm for the party to roll on other things that might be in an instance such as herbs or nodes. So i stick with this philosophy that i just roll greed like everyone else if i get it and dont need i disenchant and the shard is mine to sell or use. I dont think im greedy for this but why should i not be able to roll on other mats to sell or use for me also. Alla fans dont hate me for this but this is just how i feel i dont think i abuse my skills or others with how i go into pugs and how i use my skills.
____________________________
GO GO FLAME WAR!
#49 Jul 24 2009 at 7:12 AM Rating: Decent
Guru
**
503 posts
To each his/her own. I've been playing a different game then most people since the release of WotLK, I multibox. With a group of five characters, it takes me about 40 mins to do 30 dailies. I have ten level 80(crap gear, but with a group of five, you basically can do them naked) and it takes about 90 minutes for me to make 800g(60 dailies and 2 JC dailies). After the "work" is done, I multibox instances. Three shards and a crystal from H UK, one shard from UP first boss, four shards/one crystal from H HoL, another four + one from H CoS, and two more shards from H Gundrak. I ran those heroics almost nightly when I was farming emblems for my first group. Currently I'm leveling my third group in instances, specifically Gundrak at the moment. That's at least another eight dream shards a night, unless that spell hit cloak drops of the last boss. When my disenchanter end up in a pug or guild run, I let everyone know that I can and will DE if no one needs. We all roll at the end, top roll gets the crystal. Everybody is happy.

____________________________
15 80s, I multibox.
#50 Jul 24 2009 at 8:52 AM Rating: Decent
**
970 posts
bigmantooL wrote:
Well as an enchanter i usually dont have a problem with deing for a group, but from reading this i realized that it is not the norm for the party to roll on other things that might be in an instance such as herbs or nodes. So i stick with this philosophy that i just roll greed like everyone else if i get it and dont need i disenchant and the shard is mine to sell or use. I dont think im greedy for this but why should i not be able to roll on other mats to sell or use for me also. Alla fans dont hate me for this but this is just how i feel i dont think i abuse my skills or others with how i go into pugs and how i use my skills.

I think it's possible for reasonable people to disagree about the bolded section.
#51 Jul 26 2009 at 3:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Okay, since this has been bumped recently, I'll reiterate what I said before in another thread. If you're an enchanter, and decide not to offer to DE for a group, it's your right. However, you're more likely to get disenchanting goods if you are willing to DE. Why do I say this? Simple. You are one of five people rolling each time for the items that drop, if nobody needs them. Each time you roll Greed, you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting an item. Let's use an analogy, and say you're in a group with 5 items that drop that nobody needs, and everyone wants to greed roll for vendor.

Scenario One wrote:
Item 1: Everyone rolls, and you roll a 2. Someone else rolls 68 and wins a pair of blue pants.
Item 2: Everyone rolls, and you roll 53. Someone else rolls 82 and wins a pair of blue pants.
Item 3: Everyone rolls, and you roll 78. Someone else rolls 97 and wins a pair of blue pants.
Item 4: Everyone rolls, and you roll 16. Someone else rolls 85 and wins a pair of blue bracers.
Item 5: Everyone rolls, and you roll 91. Someone else rolls 99 and wins a purple chest piece.


You win nothing in that scenario, and the other people that won something get to vendor it- which probably won't be worth as much as the Dream Shards or Abyss Crystals they might have won. Now, on to another scenario where everyone passes on each item that they don't need, and you pick them up. At the end of the run, you all roll for shards.

Scenario Two wrote:
At the end of the run, everyone rolls for shards.
The tank rolls 82.
Druid healer rolls 97.
Death Knight rolls 85.
Warlock rolls 99.
You roll 91.

The shards are divvied up evenly. The Warlock, having the highest roll, gets the Abyss Crystal. The rest of you get one Dream Shard each.


Granted, you didn't win 4 shards and a crystal- but then, thanks to the random number generator, you have a good chance of not winning each time you roll for an item against your other four party members. When you decide to play nicely with other people, your odds improve. I'd prefer a 3 in 5 chance or even 2 in 5 chance of winning a shard or crystal at the end of a run to a 1 in 5 each time. But maybe that's just me.
____________________________
Longtail | Evilynne | Maevene | Kornakk | Steelbelly
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (27)