Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

blacklistFollow

#252 Mar 02 2005 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
Actually, I'm going to make one more post, then giving up with this particular topic, because I'm just disgusted at the childish behaviour that has resulted from it.

Hearoh, Finalfantasyonlineplayer, Anonymous, and even Theysayimcrazy have all been rated down for their craptacular posting frenzy in the Remora forums. Theysayimcrazy, I appreciate the PM of apology, but I really don't believe you any more than I believe any of the other posters. You can pretend to be who you want to- you're rated below the filter now anyway.

Finally, I fully intend to /blist add Hearoh, Finalfantasyonlineplayer, Anonymous, and Theysayimcrazy- I don't need to hear you in the game, either. If you're all such asshats IRL, you're not worth knowing in Vana'diel. </farewell>
____________________________
Longtail | Evilynne | Maevene | Kornakk | Steelbelly
#253 Mar 02 2005 at 5:01 PM Rating: Decent
LOL!! This is some funny ****..let me tell you.

Just a couple points in defense of a good person...

Clelond

First time I met Clelond was in the tunnel near Gustav zone where the Golden Bat spawns most frequently...I was camping and he got the claim.
Naturally at first I was ****** and took off in a huff. Later on (about two weeks later) some jackass trained a line of gobs to the La Theine Plateau zone...guess who waded into the fray as only proper for a Paladin to do? Clelond.

Criticizing someone for the job that they are playing is wrong, and Anonymous was victim of that at the Eco-Warrior quest. I have already spoken to him about it and apologized, CUZ I WAS WRONG and was already having a bad day (some of the people at the Eco event didn't want to wait for the clearing team). Clelond is an exceptional example of the virtues you would expect a Paladin to uphold...but even a high level Paladin switching to Ranger (an unfamiliar job) can make mistakes. God knows we all do.

And as far as chaining goes...most ppl will bring the appropriate foods to an exp party, generally in the right quantity for the assumed duration. IMHO, the mages should have at least been carrying a couple Hi-Ethers and Yagudo Drinks for emergencies. And...before you all yell me about expensive potions...does it really take that long to farm up 10k? Is it not worth it to be prepared so that you can have a better chance to survive a hostile environment?

Peace all

Alerus
Remora
Rank 5 San d'Orian Elvaan
36PLD/18WAR
____________________________
Alerus
PLD75 | BLM62 | WAR37 | WHM40 | NIN38
SM8-2 | PM8-1 | ZM17 | AM18
Honor. Courage. Chivalry.
Paladin
#254 Mar 02 2005 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
211 posts
To be honest i have heard lots of people having problems with Hearoh, dont know why though. So i'm guessing there is a good reason he's been /b-listed by people.

Edited, Wed Mar 2 17:10:58 2005 by Shinigam
____________________________
Maddocks - 70 Hunter (SwC)
Teranna - 23 Paladin (SwC)
#255 Mar 02 2005 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
>.>
<.<
>.>
Just making sure I'm not in this thread.
#256 Mar 02 2005 at 7:45 PM Rating: Default
32 posts
grr that *******..

thats what he wanted he wanted me to make a big deal out of it so ppl would find me uncreditable....

its so not ******* fair im being blammed for his ********** pls dont blist me ... I would never just blurt out cussing like that, im a friendly guy.
____________________________
Jobs: SMN 60, BLM 37, WHM 37 WAR 30 PLD 15
(Do you need any help?)
#257 Mar 02 2005 at 7:53 PM Rating: Default
32 posts
Meh, it's all gravy.
I have decided not to let something that suppose to be fun get to me. I have had players in game think im a jerk, but hey i have my off days and ive tried to make things right with them, cause im a very cool guy. This is just a game, has nothing to do with real life, and shouldn't effect it. Some poeple think im Very skilled some poeple think im a mean. So i just wanted to say, I'm sorry to anyone and everyone, that if in game i was rude or mean to you. Its a shame when Poeple IRL like Anonymous take grudges against other players and do things like Harass people in real life, but You just have to remember these poeple need help socialy cause the Game is all they have, Forgive them and move on. cause if you have faith in things you do you know what is real and what isn't.This is supposed to be fun, gonna chill out. As for anything else, i agree that everyone feels differently about players, Clelond is very cool guy, known him for {long time} but maybe you caught him on a 'off day'. It's pointless to come on and beg people to blist someone who was rude to you cause in the end, IRL that person could be very cool and nice in game to someone else on another time.

Anyways, Peace out, Have fun, Its just a game.

Edited, Wed Mar 2 19:59:36 2005 by theysayimcrazy
____________________________
Jobs: SMN 60, BLM 37, WHM 37 WAR 30 PLD 15
(Do you need any help?)
#258finalfantasyonlineplayer, Posted: Mar 03 2005 at 9:13 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Hearoh, you did more to me then you will ever realize. I just deleted Anonymous, and am moving to a new World.
#259 Mar 03 2005 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
211 posts
theysayimcrazy wrote:
grr that *******..

thats what he wanted he wanted me to make a big deal out of it so ppl would find me uncreditable....

its so not ******* fair im being blammed for his ********** pls dont blist me ... I would never just blurt out cussing like that, im a friendly guy.

If you are indeed hearoh then the B-listings have happened quite a bit before your posts. I've heard a few LS members complain about you before, their b-listing you had nothing to do with this thread. None of them even visit alla to my knowledge.
____________________________
Maddocks - 70 Hunter (SwC)
Teranna - 23 Paladin (SwC)
#260 Mar 03 2005 at 6:49 PM Rating: Default
32 posts
Anonymous, You will never be through posting on this subject.
You take revenge on players because they post on the thread that you are on there. Stop whining and get over it. You got everyone killed in BCNM, everyone thought you were a noob and blisted you.
You got mad at me and other camper cause we were camping Spook when you were farming for your little gil selling trade in. Everyone on LS knows your a gil seller, You admit to it on game just on this board do you deny it, and that is the 100% Truth.
Locodawg thought you were a stupid player as a PLD refusing to tank (huh!?). Everey page on this forum you complain and whine about pety things plasyers do. You shout in jeuno that playerrs are noobs. You come on board ********* about how people arent good enuff when you allways sub NIN in parties as a PLD, which is why you only made it to lvl 30. You call everyone a noob, Spam /check and /slap emotes on them. Get mad when people "get in the way of you gil selling". You deleted your character cause you knew others knew about this. And you will reply to this message i bet just like you allways do, You say you wont but you do cause you know your a liar and cant be trusted. Players will NOT let you get in the way of them having fun john. Im sorry, but wehave other things to do then worry about a gillselling PLD/NIN who ALLWAYS gets people killed in bcnm, i really am sorry your revenge scheme didnt work on me, but as i said. As another player of final fantasy IX i have better things to do then bicker and ***** like a child with someone who feels so insecure with ones reputation to pose as someone else.

Peace out kiddo, I hope on your new server you wont gil sell, pose as someone else and or spam emotes then go online and whine about how people resent you.


THIS GAME IS FOR FUN! THIS ISNT REAL LIFE. Its 100% Entertianment and i know this is all you have in your real life, but i wont allow you to ruin my gaming experience with your lies, acts of "revenge" etc etc. I know you'll reply to this so i wont say 'farewell"

Peace out, have fun, play nice!
____________________________
Jobs: SMN 60, BLM 37, WHM 37 WAR 30 PLD 15
(Do you need any help?)
#261 Mar 04 2005 at 12:08 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
746 posts
When people begin devoting time to something, it cease to be JUST entertainment, but also a part of their life. Some people devote less time, while others devote more.

Whatever you have to say to him, please start taking it in PM. There is simply no need to occupy forum space.
____________________________
Cay
Server: Remora

Main: Pld73/War36/Nin37
Bastok Rank 10
Craft: Cooking 60.0; Alchemy 60.0; Goldsmithing: 50.3
PM: 5-3; ZM: 14; AF2: Hands [O] Koenig set: Hands [O]
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?83635
#262 Mar 09 2005 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
42 posts
Was checking this thread and saw that it had turned to an instant messanger. Funny, but the masses have spoken children.
____________________________
Name: Tacan
Server: Remora
Career: 36 BRD/18 WHM
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?75571
Lets go farming!!!
#263 Mar 09 2005 at 2:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,876 posts
Tryst.

Would follow me around while farming Yagudo Necklaces and continued to sneak up on my trains and banishga them and then run off. He said he could do it because he wanted to kill mobs too. In fact, he boasted about stealing the mobs.
____________________________
[wowsig]2454491[/wowsig]
#264 Mar 09 2005 at 2:26 PM Rating: Default
***
1,648 posts
In valkurm last night, some mithra sam12 "Ryuske" or something started complaining about how I was "stealing" "her" lizards and gobs while I was leveling club skill. Seeing as how I was killing them about as fast as her party was with my really low club skill, there was no reason to say anything at all. But of course people like her feel the need to start **** with people. I remember someone I had met about 15 minutes before and was talking to tell me that they had asked them something... don't remember what, but I do remember it was a really basic question for anyone level 12, especially a "mentor" advanced job. Kinda funny how someone so INCREDIBLY SUPERIOR doesn't know what mithkabobs do or whatever.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
#265 Mar 09 2005 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
42 posts
Quote:
Was checking this thread and saw that it had turned to an instant messanger. Funny, but the masses have spoken children.


LOL, I got rated down for this. Must have hurt some feelings?
____________________________
Name: Tacan
Server: Remora
Career: 36 BRD/18 WHM
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?75571
Lets go farming!!!
#266 Mar 09 2005 at 7:32 PM Rating: Decent
**
334 posts
Gawyn

Add this guy to your /blist He he a MPK *****. He Will make trains in Pal mines and try to help his fellow LS mates out by getting a key.

Today He Tried it and got too many mobs and he endeed up dying and losing his level. He was sad Cuase he just got his AF weapon too. 2 people died after Gawyn died becase he wasnt as strng as he thought, So I called a GM on him and Now his Accoutn has Been Flagged for MPK. I /blist him today I advise the rest of you to do it as well. Never know who his next MPK Victim might be.

Oh Yeah Did Also Mention how I was /sh swear words and harrassing the people he was helping? lol GM didnt even care what I did.

Signed,
Randomloser.

Just thought I would post it before they did. Cuase i know its coming. Moral of the story? Dont help people. You might die and get blamed for MPK.

Edited, Wed Mar 9 19:33:13 2005 by JackMonkey
____________________________
75 WHM 63 RNG 73 BRD
(79WW+2) (53Alch)
#267 Mar 09 2005 at 10:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
211 posts
JackMonkey wrote:
Gawyn

Add this guy to your /blist He he a MPK *****. He Will make trains in Pal mines and try to help his fellow LS mates out by getting a key.

Today He Tried it and got too many mobs and he endeed up dying and losing his level. He was sad Cuase he just got his AF weapon too. 2 people died after Gawyn died becase he wasnt as strng as he thought, So I called a GM on him and Now his Accoutn has Been Flagged for MPK. I /blist him today I advise the rest of you to do it as well. Never know who his next MPK Victim might be.

Oh Yeah Did Also Mention how I was /sh swear words and harrassing the people he was helping? lol GM didnt even care what I did.

Signed,
Randomloser.

Just thought I would post it before they did. Cuase i know its coming. Moral of the story? Dont help people. You might die and get blamed for MPK.

Edited, Wed Mar 9 19:33:13 2005 by JackMonkey


.. they called a GM on you for accidentally getting killed and them dieing in the process? But you were trying to help them. No MPKer would invite you just to do it O_o
____________________________
Maddocks - 70 Hunter (SwC)
Teranna - 23 Paladin (SwC)
#268 Mar 10 2005 at 2:32 AM Rating: Decent
**
334 posts
Shinigam wrote:
.. they called a GM on you for accidentally getting killed and them dieing in the process? But you were trying to help them. No MPKer would invite you just to do it O_o


Sorta like that. I was there with members from my Linkshell Getting the key, The ones who died were in another pty getting keys as well. And they called the GM on me cuase Well Bassicly I Was dumb and didnt have full mp and was only able to get 1 Banshiga II off before running out, Which lead to my death, and then thiers. Oh Well though I'll take an MPK Flag Cuase in the end I know the truth and thats all that really matters. Have a wonderfull Day Fello Remorians! (Sorry for bumping thread back to the top.)
____________________________
75 WHM 63 RNG 73 BRD
(79WW+2) (53Alch)
#269 Mar 10 2005 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,876 posts
Yeah, something similar happened to me. I was training mobs in Palborough and had about 20 around me. Some BLM ran by and cast stonega on the quads, and almost all of them swarmed him, ruined him, then returning to getting killed by me. By the time I was done I was floating around 20 MP, so I rested a bit, and the dead BLM demanded I raise him. I rest up to 40, refresh, and tell him he'll have to wait.

I sorta raised him. You know. I was casting the spell then moved and it cancelled before it went off. Oops >:] I let it go off after he finally shut up in tells. I wander off, back to mining, leaving him there...he hadn't "allowed himself to be revived" yet. I come back around a few minutes later...the quads in the room respawned. He finally accepts the raise and gets up, and starts to REST. Surrounded by quads. They make their lil sound, turn, and whap him back down.

He HPs. I mine about my business. Nobody else is upstairs, so I start another train. I get a tell in the middle of it all:

[GM]something: I received a complaint concerning an repeated MPK...care to explain?

I proceed to explain how the BLM was fundamentally retarded. I said it was my mobs that killed him the first time, but he got their attention on his own. Because those monsters definitely killed him over and over, but of his own doing. Anyway, it goes on for a bit, which really cuts into my mining and farming.

Anyway, the moral of the story is later on he tried to train mobs onto me and warp away. Except the quads beat some spell interruption into him, and he sort of just died. It was funny.
____________________________
[wowsig]2454491[/wowsig]
#270 Mar 10 2005 at 11:31 PM Rating: Decent
*
235 posts
Quote:
Tryst.

Would follow me around while farming Yagudo Necklaces and continued to sneak up on my trains and banishga them and then run off. He said he could do it because he wanted to kill mobs too. In fact, he boasted about stealing the mobs.


Willow, it sounds like Tryst was farming in the same area that you were. If you were training the area, and he had nothing to kill, can you blame him? If someone was training ALL the mobs, and you wanted some wouldn't you be angry?

Unfortunately, if a mob is in the yellow, anyone can claim it.

Farming mobs in the same area as you is no reason to blacklist someone.
____________________________

#271 Mar 11 2005 at 12:14 AM Rating: Default
***
3,876 posts
The fact that there are plenty of areas to farm in there. I was staying in one general half, but he was actively following me around, waiting until I got a group together, then cast. And the fact that he did it just to be a smarmy ***** ****** me off. He tried to pretend it didn't happen, but when others saw it, he started talking ****.

Even if he didn't break any "rule", he's a douchebag who I would not mourne the loss of.
____________________________
[wowsig]2454491[/wowsig]
#272 Mar 11 2005 at 2:42 PM Rating: Good
*
235 posts
Quote:
The fact that there are plenty of areas to farm in there. I was staying in one general half, but he was actively following me around, waiting until I got a group together, then cast. And the fact that he did it just to be a smarmy ***** ****** me off. He tried to pretend it didn't happen, but when others saw it, he started talking sh*t.

Even if he didn't break any "rule", he's a douchebag who I would not mourne the loss of.


Willow, I know Tryst. I went to college with Tryst. I am truly sorry that this happened but are you sure you have the right person? Everything you've said up to this post might have been believable until you said that he started to "talk sh*t."

You must have the wrong player, this isn't the Tryst that is in my linkshell nor the one that I went to college with, and since there can only be one Tryst per server, there must have been some confusion. Please don't confuse players in blacklist stories and defame the wrong people, this is an online community and reputations matter.

But seriously Willow, claiming half of Giddeus as your own still does sound a little sketchy. If the mob is yellow, it's free to claim, it's stupid, I agree, but the system works like that, and it makes it so that no one player can claim an entire area for this exact reason.

Willow I believe you wrote this on December 7th in response to someone else blacklisting someone for this exact reason you blacklisted Tryst:

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but you don't own the Tomb area just by farming there. Sure, great, you're working hard. So are other people. If you're killing things that you wouldn't even get a notable amount of XP for, especially none, then you don't have any right to comaplain if somebody else kills them. If you're there first, fine, good, but he can still hunt in the same area. You don't have any special claim there for ALL the mobs.

By the sounds of things, he was there first. And you showed up, and started telling him what he could and couldn't kill. Nothing gives you that right.

Nothing annoys me more than when I'm hunting in an area and some jackass comes in, and accuses me of "stealing his mobs" when I get something dead. It isn't your zone, especially if you were not there first.


Edited, Fri Mar 11 14:47:24 2005 by Tiaan
____________________________

#273 Mar 11 2005 at 2:45 PM Rating: Default
***
1,648 posts
I happened to see Tryst in jueno and so I poked him and he sent a tell of "?", and I said "from wilow with love" and he responded with "lol", so I mean it was probably him, but I dont know what happened.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
#274 Mar 11 2005 at 5:09 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
During my FFXI playing there have been a few instances where I feel that I may have acted inappropriately. I was farming where Willow said I was. I did banishga his mobs. I also had an argument with him. However, there are a few facts that have seemingly been omitted or skewed.

1. I DID NOT follow Willow around. I happened upon ONE of his trains that I did Banishga ONCE, NO MORE.

2. I called Willow oblivious after banishing ONE of his trains, because he seems to have not noticed that he had picked off a few of the yags off of MY trains. I never boasted near any other players, seeing as Willow and I only spoke in /tell.

3. Willow is upset and is willing to blacklist me over ONE YAGUDO NECKLACE.

4. I had only responded with an "lol" after being slapped, not poked, because I did not clearly remember who Willow was, and that is probably because I immediately tried to forget his name after he cursed and swore at me.

I am sorry if I have caused any inconvenience to anyone, especially Tiaan for having to try to defend her friend. I do feel that I should apologize to Willow for retalliating in a rude manner unfitting of me and my ls. However, this is a game, and I will promptly and assuredly forget this misshap ever occured because I am here to have fun.

Edited, Fri Mar 11 17:14:23 2005 by RemoraTryst
#275 Mar 11 2005 at 11:21 PM Rating: Default
***
1,648 posts
ah right, slap, poke, whatever. I could have very well SMILED at you, for the same reason, which was to see if you were the correct person.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
#276 Mar 15 2005 at 2:39 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,876 posts
Tiaan wrote:
Quote:
The fact that there are plenty of areas to farm in there. I was staying in one general half, but he was actively following me around, waiting until I got a group together, then cast. And the fact that he did it just to be a smarmy ***** ****** me off. He tried to pretend it didn't happen, but when others saw it, he started talking sh*t.

Even if he didn't break any "rule", he's a douchebag who I would not mourne the loss of.


Willow, I know Tryst. I went to college with Tryst. I am truly sorry that this happened but are you sure you have the right person? Everything you've said up to this post might have been believable until you said that he started to "talk sh*t."

You must have the wrong player, this isn't the Tryst that is in my linkshell nor the one that I went to college with, and since there can only be one Tryst per server, there must have been some confusion. Please don't confuse players in blacklist stories and defame the wrong people, this is an online community and reputations matter.

But seriously Willow, claiming half of Giddeus as your own still does sound a little sketchy. If the mob is yellow, it's free to claim, it's stupid, I agree, but the system works like that, and it makes it so that no one player can claim an entire area for this exact reason.

Willow I believe you wrote this on December 7th in response to someone else blacklisting someone for this exact reason you blacklisted Tryst:

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but you don't own the Tomb area just by farming there. Sure, great, you're working hard. So are other people. If you're killing things that you wouldn't even get a notable amount of XP for, especially none, then you don't have any right to comaplain if somebody else kills them. If you're there first, fine, good, but he can still hunt in the same area. You don't have any special claim there for ALL the mobs.

By the sounds of things, he was there first. And you showed up, and started telling him what he could and couldn't kill. Nothing gives you that right.

Nothing annoys me more than when I'm hunting in an area and some jackass comes in, and accuses me of "stealing his mobs" when I get something dead. It isn't your zone, especially if you were not there first.


Edited, Fri Mar 11 14:47:24 2005 by Tiaan


In the instance which you point to, you take it out of context; the idea there was that somebody else was in "their" zone. That all the mobs were his to kill, whether or not he made actions on them or no. It wasn't over a mob that was already being trained. I don't care if somebody else is in the same zone as I am, trying to get mobs. I do however care if they wait to pick off the mobs that I gathered together. They want to start their own train, that's fine. I don't care. But they can get their OWN train. I don't run back and forth, collecting all the yagudo together into a small area to kill quickly just so some ******* comes by and takes advantage of my efforts.
____________________________
[wowsig]2454491[/wowsig]
#277 Mar 15 2005 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
207 posts
I don't feel any need to list the people that I have blacklisted on my character, simply becuase perhaps they were having a bad day, and I don't wish to ruin anyone's reputation simply because I had a bad experience with them.

In referance to training / farming mobs. When I'm in Valkurm Dunes, and I see someone training gobs down near Konschtat, I'll /t them with this message. "Kill them now, or I'm going to." I do this for the lower levels who now don't have any prey, because of this high level. If you wish to train lizzies then go up near D-6 where the only parties are taking out goblins, and don't mind so much if you're taking out lizards. In King Ranperre's Tomb, I've taken an entire train of Mouse Bats off of someone, they way I see it, if there is more than one person farming bats in that same confined area, it's a little more courteous to, rather than train them, nuke them one by one. Gives everyone a chance to get their share, without fighting and stealing each others trains. I'd like to point out, that 90%-95% of the time, when I /t someone with that, they do proceed to kill their train, even if it's a WAR, and he has to melee them to death, if I see him ending his quest for a larger and larger train, I'll leave his mobs go, and even throw out Pro II, Shell II and Haste on him. Pretty much, just be considerate. Especially when you're farming mobs that lower levels could very well be killing to gain experience. When you have every mob in the zone on you, because you're "Leveling up shield skill," you're not allowing any additional mobs to spawn. I ran into this in Fort Ghelsba, where a Mithra had trained every single Orc in all of Fort Ghelsba, up near Warchief, and was training her shield skill. A couple of my LS friends were trying to level, and she threatened MPK if they touched any of "her orcs." I promptly switched to WHM, and headed over. I /t'd her and said by keeping all these mobs up here alive, you're robbing these people of any chance to gain experience. She just kept on complaining, so Banishga II, Elemental Seal Waterga, Stonega, Banishga II took care of everything.

Pretty much, I'm just trying to say that we need to be courteous to others when we're farming our mobs. It's fine normally, go to a corner of the zone where not too many people are, and for God's sake, if you're training Yags, and a Lv. 12 takes ONE off of your train, simply because it's Decent Challenge, and he needs experience, don't berate him for it. I'm sure you can live with one less Yagudo. And how do you avoid this? Kill off your train, and start over, or simply kill one by one. Thank you for your time.
____________________________
~Simplicity~ [Remora]
WHM74/BLM37
Cooking: 42.4 >.>
Fishing: 12.8 m(_ _)m

~*[CoF]*~
#278 Mar 15 2005 at 11:41 PM Rating: Default
***
1,648 posts
Hey genius, your friends very well could have just taken one off of her. Anyway, it isn't like your friends had any more right to ALL of them than she did. I think I'll go wherever the **** I WANT to kill lizards. If someone wanted to level off of them, they could simply TAKE one. It isn't that ******* hard. I find it funny how you say they're everyone's monsters, then go on about how your friends deserved them more.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
#279 Mar 16 2005 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
Simp wrote:
When you have every mob in the zone on you, because you're "Leveling up shield skill," you're not allowing any additional mobs to spawn. I ran into this in Fort Ghelsba, where a Mithra had trained every single Orc in all of Fort Ghelsba, up near Warchief, and was training her shield skill. A couple of my LS friends were trying to level, and she threatened MPK if they touched any of "her orcs." I promptly switched to WHM, and headed over. I /t'd her and said by keeping all these mobs up here alive, you're robbing these people of any chance to gain experience. She just kept on complaining, so Banishga II, Elemental Seal Waterga, Stonega, Banishga II took care of everything.


Chakrila wrote:
I find it funny how you say they're everyone's monsters, then go on about how your friends deserved them more.


From reading Simp's post, I didn't get the feeling he thought his friends had more right to mobs than the Mithra who was leveling her shield. What I got from this post was that he felt that the Mithra was abusing her right to more than her equal share of the mobs available in the entire zone. Quite frankly, I can also understand why he would then go and kill all the mobs she had trained.

Added to that, she threatened to MPK anyone that touched 'her' mobs. That, in itself, is a moronic threat. If she's high enough level to train some Orcs, she can do it in an area that less people frequent. She also didn't have to train the whole camp, and tell people to back off... it's selfish, and the people that can level there are inconvenienced.

As Simp pointed out, the more mobs left alive in a huge train, the less monsters other people can kill, which means they won't respawn until the person leading the train has had their fun- at everyone else's expense.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not against making a train and killing them off. However, everything has its place. Making a train in an area that you know lower levels often use to level is okay, provided you leave sufficient mobs for them to attack.

Also, I've noticed that some people get very touchy when you take one or two mobs that they've trained. I understand that they pulled it first- but if I spend 10 minutes looking for one thing to kill, because some self-important moron has taken everything out of that zone and refuses to kill any of them, they don't need all of those mobs. In my opinion, the best train-makers make a big train quickly, and kill the train quickly. I personally feel that most people that train an entire zone do so just to show off that they can make a bigass train- not because they need to.

Another point- I've seen several occasions where someone makes a massive train and runs around an area, where they show off how much they can pull. Not understanding the principles of hate well, they keep pulling new mobs without ensuring the old ones still have enough hate. As a result, when they pass the lower-level players (who might live on a 1-on-1 fight), they break away from the train, and kill the low-lvls. And in each case (I have seen it about 4 or 5 times), they responded that it wasn't their fault- that everyone shuold have known to stay out of the way. How can people stay out of the way of a massive group running all over a zone?

Finally, can we please get past this bickering? The Black List thread, as we have already seen, has enough personal attacks in it- and it didn't help those two people either. Most readers got tired and frustrated of the constant back-and-forth. Suffice to say that Wilow has /blisted Tryst, Tryst wrote back a response refuting it, someone else has vouched for Tryst, and it does no good to take it any further.

Just my 2 gil.
/endrant
____________________________
Longtail | Evilynne | Maevene | Kornakk | Steelbelly
#280 Mar 16 2005 at 12:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
98 posts
i have met a ton of n00bs and jerks in this game. I have had attemtpted MPKs on me and one such attempt killed some of my party members. (not me though cause im not stupid enough to hang around a mob when the person its chasing is dying) I have even been known to kik jerks out of my party so as not to ruin it for the rest of us.

All that said, I have NEVER /blisted anyone
(its not like the people i thought about /blisting ever tryed to contact me anyway)
And i feel all the better for it. ^^


And one quick story, with my last character (got deleted >.<) there was a guy i thought about /blistin but never did.
Well this time around, that same guy actaully helped me get one of my Kazham keys. I even think he knew it was me becuase before i left, he said, "so you found a new linkshell huh?" and "can i join it?" I /smiled and sayed "im not a pearlsack holder sorry" and /goodbyed. \(^.^)/ People CAN change.
____________________________
Aydam - M.Hume - 18thf/9war
Phoenix Server - Resident of Bastok
Looking for Linkshell {Please invite me!}
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?190434

*Old Characters ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aydam - M. Hume - 40 SMN (Dec'04-May'05)
Aydam - M. Taru - 58 PLD (Aug'05-Nov'06)
#281 Mar 17 2005 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,638 posts
There is no rules and laws saying what monster belongs to whom but the designs of the game define that. I'm sorry I don't know much about training stuff at lower levels for farming or skill up for low weapon skill since I have only do it once (or twice) and don't really like it. But here is what I know:

#1 As long as the name is not in purple and anyone else that is not in your party or alliance can attack then it is not "your" mob even if it is attacking you and/or your party. You have no right of what so ever to claim that one is yours. This is true for ANY stituation in cluding:
-Bst charm various pets to fight NM (the NM purple name dissappears 2~4sec after charm) and being claimed by another party.
-Exp party in an area that has a small/limited amount of monsters and someone (or a group) come up and kill everything in the area (for whatever reason: coffer, bst exp, skill up, fun...).
-A player claim a monster that another player trying to claim even if it's intentional (ie. follow someone and provoke/dia whatever he tries to attack).

#2 Everyone has equal rights. Everyone has the rights to skill up, gain exp, gain money... etc. A bst will have the right to exp in 'any' area he wants as long as he doesn't MPK anyone (accidentally or intentionally). A player will have the right to attack any train/mob that is not claimed (in purple/red name) no matter who or how other people are training them. A high level will have to the right to kill a low level monster to skill up (or just for fun) even if an exp party is trying to earn exp from it.

Those are strictly defined "rules" (mechanism) that have been designed for the game and everyone of us has to agree unless we can force/ask the game designers to change it. But there is a moral factor that is not counted in those. A lv50 killing Lizzards in Valkurm Dunes for fun/skill up knowing fully well that there are lv12~14 parties trying to earn exp on those because they don't know anything else to kill is morally wrong. The lv50 has a many options on what to skill up on (ie. many other zones that are not occupied by exp parties) while the exp party has very limited choices. A player trying to 'steal' a mob that has become unclaimed (due to charm/attacking a train...etc) knowing fully well that the other player have been fighting/claiming it for a while is also morally wrong.

So I think in this case:
-Tryst is (morally) wrong for trying to claim/attack the train made by Willow knowing fully well that a portion of it is originally claimed (or attacked) by Willow. The very fact that you trying to re-claim the mobs that have been accidentally attacked by Willow is a good enough reason.

-Willow is wrong (not about moral) claiming that the whole train is his when it is not due to the game mechanism that you can't claim more than 1 mob for long.

-The mithra in the Outpost is wrong (by the rules of the game agreed upon playing) because she threatens someone (harassment) and attempting to MPK (even though she haven't commited it). She is also wrong (same reason as Willow) for claiming monsters that she's not claiming (technically).

-Chakrila is being rude for slapping someone who don't know well and/or he doesn't know you. You are morally wrong for skilling up on the lizards knowing fully well that there are exp parties near by trying to gain exp on them. You do have the option to skill up in another area (such as Buburimu, Jugner or Passhow.. etc) and you choose not to do so. You're also morally wrong for telling a lie that you '/poke' Tryst but you actually '/slap' him. Whether it is a large or small telling a lie like that makes you look like a scamer (even if you aren't), is that right?

Edited, Thu Mar 17 13:38:20 2005 by kenki
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?117964
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?8953
War 75, Mnk 75, Whm 75, Rng 75, Bst 75, Blm 68, Thf 61, Nin 51
#282 Mar 17 2005 at 1:48 PM Rating: Decent
well i feel that if u have to then u have to....sometimes ppl can be a pain..most of all noone like a lyin crock of CACA..
#283 Mar 19 2005 at 4:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
165 posts
New add to the list: Jaaspeh (male elvaan). MPK player, he admits doing it simply "out of boredom". Was reported at least twice Friday night. His typical MO is to run a chain of gobs to a camp of PCs (not the zone points where it would be easy to zone out of the trap) - he will bloodport and rince & repeat. Last seen actively MPKing parties in the jungles outside Khazam.

- Ma'at
#284 Mar 20 2005 at 12:48 AM Rating: Default
***
3,876 posts
Dona

Whiny, demanding BLM. She wandered around, changing to show off her opaline armor between battles instead of resting. Then she would demand renewed refreshes before everyone else in the middle of battle, including our more-important WHM. She simply wouldn't shut up despite me being in the middle of a 6-debuff run and dispel when she had more mana than me. And when our other BLM was AFK and she decided "hey pulling would be a smart idea" anyway, she continued to nuke and chain attack spells constantly, even while the melees were petrified (anticians), and she ******* about getting hate. Then when everyone started running low, and we called and gathered for escape, she decided to instead continue nuking for three tier-two spells, until she didn't have ENOUGH for escape. Then, she complained that the only reason, aside from her blowing her MP on attacking instead of getting everyone out, was because I hadn't refreshed her instead of picking up backup healing.

Then she wouldn't shut up in /tell, trying to pass the blame to me. She said she didn't HAVE to rest between battles, and she had priority for refresh over myself and the white mage, despite us having two black mages. She also refused to not negate my Dia II with Bio II over and over, despite us having a skilled blink tank. She was loud, obnoxious, had no idea what she was doing but continued to boss everyone around, and refused to work with the rest of the party. She got everyone killed.

Also, Tng. Worst paladin ever. I've played with good paladins and bad ones. He's a terrible one. He was slow with provoke and demanded refresh FIRST. He actually said he was the most important person in the party. And he only had a Mana pool of 80, so most of refresh was wasted. He did an awful job, and insisted that he be healed first, refreshed first, everything. And when the party was in trouble and the BLM escaped the party before somebody died, he said that we weren't doing good enough (for his HIGH standards, I guess) and took off. After that we got another paladin and did fine, aside from our idiotic blm dona...yeah, it was one of those nights.
____________________________
[wowsig]2454491[/wowsig]
#285 Mar 20 2005 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,443 posts
everyone for stealing my pets while leveling bst...it's cool because i have Leave and a long memory.
____________________________
One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.-Reinette

Quote:
Blade Warding is like waving your hand infront of a shotgun hoping that everything will line up to not blow your face off, the chance of it actually saving you when you actually need extra chance to live is laughable I personally go with Blood Draining, but Mongoose is probably better than it, but Blade Warding isn't even in the conversation.
-Lestat13

#286 Mar 20 2005 at 1:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
211 posts
VVillow wrote:

Also, Tng. Worst paladin ever. I've played with good paladins and bad ones. He's a terrible one. He was slow with provoke and demanded refresh FIRST. He actually said he was the most important person in the party. And he only had a Mana pool of 80, so most of refresh was wasted. He did an awful job, and insisted that he be healed first, refreshed first, everything. And when the party was in trouble and the BLM escaped the party before somebody died, he said that we weren't doing good enough (for his HIGH standards, I guess) and took off. After that we got another paladin and did fine, aside from our idiotic blm dona...yeah, it was one of those nights.


Thats odd, i had him in a party in kuftal tunnel when he was a thief and he did an very good job. I guess maybe he's just better suited for thief than he is paladin. =/
____________________________
Maddocks - 70 Hunter (SwC)
Teranna - 23 Paladin (SwC)
#287 Mar 20 2005 at 4:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
746 posts
In defense of Jaaspeh, while I do not profess to have been there, but I do have him on my flist, as well as being in the same linkshell for a while. To be honest, lately, he have not been playing that much, and he's highest job is Pld 33 i believe, to not exactly easy to train and MPK outside Kazham.

I know both him and he's RL gf, and they are both very nice people, I cant imagine him ever doing something like you said, Bahamaat, but then again, I was not there at the time.

@ Willow's post, this Pld have a MP pool of 80? Post level 41? That's........pretty **** low. >.<
____________________________
Cay
Server: Remora

Main: Pld73/War36/Nin37
Bastok Rank 10
Craft: Cooking 60.0; Alchemy 60.0; Goldsmithing: 50.3
PM: 5-3; ZM: 14; AF2: Hands [O] Koenig set: Hands [O]
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?83635
#288 Mar 20 2005 at 6:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
165 posts
Quote:
In defense of Jaaspeh, while I do not profess to have been there, but I do have him on my flist, as well as being in the same linkshell for a while. To be honest, lately, he have not been playing that much, and he's highest job is Pld 33 i believe, to not exactly easy to train and MPK outside Kazham.

I know both him and he's RL gf, and they are both very nice people, I cant imagine him ever doing something like you said, Bahamaat, but then again, I was not there at the time.
Well, I have six witnesses to the first action on Friday night, and two GMs who took reports on Friday and again on Saturday night when he spammed /tells and /invites to me while I was Selbina Gate Guarding. He was a rather strange PKer, quite honest and almost courteous about it - informing us when he was inbound with a train, informing us if we tried to run he'd attack another party less capable of looking after itself, and constantly taunting us about whether or not we had reported him to GMs yet. When I asked why he was doing this - was he ****** at us taking a farming spot, did he had a problem with one or more memebers of my party he politely told me no, that he was simply bored and wanted to have fun.

So, with the exception of mpking, then the harassment the next day, I can see why you would think him a good, polite player. I can only tell you what I had experienced.

If you see a black-haired male Elvaan named Jaaspeh in armor in a party, then I suppose he's fine - seeing him run around the jungle in nothing but the default Elvaan clothing, his info set to /anon and with a couple of goblin smithys trailing behind him all I ask is that you, as his friend, try explaining to him that his boredom shouldn't be alleviated at the expense of others. I'm sure there was an eco-warrior or an expeditionary force that was looking for members - he could have joined them instead.

- Ma'at
#290 Mar 22 2005 at 12:52 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,648 posts
Uh-oh. I'm morally wrong. How dare me level up marksmanship while watching over my friends! It's nice how people like you give me tells about how I'm stealing their lizards or whatever, but are quick to point fingers at others who say they own the mobs.



And yeah, Dona is a complete noob. Deffinately way up there on the hate list. Has the opaline set which is pretty expensive, yet doesn't know anything about notorious monsters in general except lizzy and emp, which everyone knows about. Obvioulsly an IGE patron. She hasn't learned anything in the 41+ levels she has somehow obtained, yet she attempts to flaunt everything she has, which is pretty much just equipment. People like her and Junia and the rest of her stupid **** friends belong in valkurm forever.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
#291 Mar 22 2005 at 3:20 AM Rating: Good
**
300 posts
Bloody **** people!... I never knew our server had so much resentment among it's players. Some people might of just had a bad day, night, afternoon, etc... etc...

To be honest with you, I'm probably on quite a few people's blacklist. Either for my bazaar message, or the fact that i've had some good days when i've played my jobs as a gaming god. And i've had some bad days when i've wondered how i've even made it this far in level.

What l am trying to convey here is this: Perhaps alot of the people on your blacklists was having a really bad day when you added them.
____________________________
World of Warcraft - A C T I V E
Server: Stormscale
Race: Human Male
Faction: Alliance
Character Name: Aleksandre
Class: Arcane Mage
--------------------------------------
Final Fantasy XI - R E T I R E D
Server: Remora
Character Name: Kenobi
Race: Hume Male
Nation: Republic of Bastok - Rank 10
Main Jobs(1): MNK 75, SAM 75, BLU 68
#292 Mar 28 2005 at 6:28 AM Rating: Decent
17 posts
Quote:
People like her and Junia and the rest of her stupid @#%^ friends belong in valkurm forever.

Dude...Junia is your g/f in rl...
#293 Mar 28 2005 at 4:51 PM Rating: Default
*
162 posts
I did not know I would ever have to use this thread, and was hoping I didn't. However, I understand its use, and strongly believe I should use it to report MPKing players so others know to avoid these individuals. The GM I spoke with on this has told me it is never ok or tolerable for anyone to either attempt, or follow through with an MPK to anyone ever.

Tenakajr

Today I was partying in Yhoatar Jungle at (F-8) in the small cave where only a White Lizard spawns. While waiting for our disconnected pally to reconnect, Tenakajr pulls a gob to our camp, takes the time to position it in between our mages and melees, then casts sleep on it. I knew right away what he was doing, and told him in /say and my party what he was doing and that I was going to call a GM.

I then headed to the zone as well as Tenakajr. When we got through the zone, I told Tenakajr I was going to call a GM on him and report it. He told me he didn't care and that it was his first time doing what he did. I then returned to camp and not 3 minutes later he attempted to MPK us again, while I was speaking to the GM about what had happened. This time he almost got the gob to us, but died while trying to cast sleep on the gob a third time after being interrupted twice. We all were ok since the gob returned to its spawn area. I gave a shout to let everyone in the area know what he had done so they would have a warning to stay away from this individual.

*Edit spelling and capitializationz*

Edited, Mon Mar 28 16:52:19 2005 by xModeratorx
#294 Mar 28 2005 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,182 posts
xModeratorx wrote:
Tenakajr


Heh, I had a run-in with this character last week trying to level my WAR, this was in Yuhtunga. It wasn't anything too serious but it was annoying to say the least.

I was seeking with a comment and flag up, and I had clearly written in my comment 'No Blind Invites' and '{/tell} {Please check it.} {Thank You.}'. So, maybe ten minutes after seeking, I get an invite from Tenakajr. I figure I'll ask the person what the party setup is, so I send him a /tell politely asking exactly that. He flat-out refused to reveal the lineup and told me I had to join or not; Naturally, I declined the invite. After that, I got a swarm of angry tells about how rude I am and so forth. Eh, whatever... I didn't blacklist him, but I won't be partying with that fellow anytime soon.

Maybe he didn't try to MPK me 'cuz he saw me clearing out a few smithy trains with my main earlier that day ^^
____________________________
Moridam/RemoraGilgamesh. MNK/WHM/SAM
#295 Mar 29 2005 at 3:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
746 posts
In response of Jaaspeh. Well, it appears that he has quit and in he's last moments in the game decided to MPK for fun.

Just to clarify, that yes, he did what he did, but he has also quit the game.
____________________________
Cay
Server: Remora

Main: Pld73/War36/Nin37
Bastok Rank 10
Craft: Cooking 60.0; Alchemy 60.0; Goldsmithing: 50.3
PM: 5-3; ZM: 14; AF2: Hands [O] Koenig set: Hands [O]
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?83635
#296 Mar 29 2005 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
165 posts
Quote:
In response of Jaaspeh. Well, it appears that he has quit and in he's last moments in the game decided to MPK for fun.

Just to clarify, that yes, he did what he did, but he has also quit the game.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure he was a good player before he made that decision.

No new names to add, but I would like to take some time to explain to people that if you insist on being a Power Levelled party that you understand what a PL is there for and what they are not there for. Spending 45 minutes hacking at a Leecher or a Snipper for 0 and 1 point hits doesn't make you "mad EXPz" it makes you a loser who killed 45 minutes+ for no xp because you need to call for help so the PL player could kill the mob with 2 hits. A PL helps to keep downtime to a minimum, extends chains because of a lack of downtime and at best, is there for situations of totally accidental link/aggro issues (like a gob popping in camp). You learn nothing about your job or how to party effectively and level none of your important skills if you just let the mob whack away at the PL and let the PLer do all the healing/buffing (no heal/guard/parry/shield/evasion/enhancing skill ups = gimpy character, irregardless of what level they may actually be). It's junk food xp - all bang, no substance.

- Ma'at
#297 Mar 29 2005 at 1:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
62 posts
lol, most of these people ive seen in jeuno.
Tng, dona etc..
****.... Dona does wear that opaline dress a lot.... and spams jueno with conversation...
And for the farmers in the dunes go NW near the secret beach there are plenty of liz there so u won't have to worry about the peeps in the dunes complaining about stealing thier liz.

Thank u and im out^^
____________________________
Nastradam- Leader of Chocoholix
75 Paladin/Warrior
Remora server
#298 Mar 29 2005 at 9:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
37 posts
*looks at list and wonders if he is on it somewhere* whew..

I'm just curious as to looking at this large list. How many people here have a gigantic blist? I havn't blisted a soul. Just not my style.

As for MPK's. It's sad so many people scream MPK anymore, if someone being chased for there life and isn't really trying to get anyone killed.
____________________________
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
#299 Mar 30 2005 at 12:59 PM Rating: Default
24 posts
I only blist aperson if they like start cussing me out i a very nice i have been on for a year adn i only have 3 people on my blist on person i partied with adn he said i was a sucky leader exactly what he said
"man u suck *** if u can even party right u should go f***
urself i mean my **** could do better than u"
that i why i blisted him the other 2 my sister did
i mean u gotta be nice to people and they should adn will be nice to u so hanks and people bliste other for the gayest reasons i was blisted becuase i was being chased by a gob in valkrum and i saw a freind and she wasa lv 35 whm i asked her to help me ans he did she said goto seblina to zone and i did
she got killed and sadi i was a ***** and she blisted me and well that was a stupid reason to
____________________________
" Freakin Sweet"
#300 Mar 30 2005 at 12:59 PM Rating: Default
24 posts
I only blist aperson if they like start cussing me out i a very nice i have been on for a year adn i only have 3 people on my blist on person i partied with adn he said i was a sucky leader exactly what he said
"man u suck *** if u can even party right u should go f***
urself i mean my **** could do better than u"
that i why i blisted him the other 2 my sister did
i mean u gotta be nice to people and they should adn will be nice to u so hanks and people bliste other for the gayest reasons i was blisted becuase i was being chased by a gob in valkrum and i saw a freind and she wasa lv 35 whm i asked her to help me ans he did she said goto seblina to zone and i did
she got killed and sadi i was a ***** and she blisted me and well that was a stupid reason to
____________________________
" Freakin Sweet"
#301 Mar 31 2005 at 1:09 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
I am new to the whole posting thing so bear with me.
There is one player on Remora that actually showed why people quit the game. Maybe you will agree with me maybe not that's up to you but here is my story.

I was doing a tele service and a friend of mine needed a tele, so she invited me for the tele. She needed to go pick up another friend at Mea which is no problem. So we are at Mea right now there are 4 of us in our pt. We notice that the Archeiologist is really close to popping so we wait til the last memeber gets there to trade, and we need one more to pop it. So my friends go to their linkshell and one of their mates is coming to help us pop the NM. He gets a tele to meet us, and the WHM that gave him the tele named ZED runs over to us and pops the NM before their ls mate can get there to pop it. I was shocked. As a WHM I would never even think of doing something like that. I still am upset about this and it happened about 2 weeks ago. So I am not saying to blist ZED but watch out for him because he doesn't care about other people at all.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (14)