Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Alla is RMT!! Just kidding, but thats how dumb people are...Follow

#1 Oct 22 2009 at 8:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
29 posts
So here's to my limbus shell being successful for 5 months now, completely undefeated except in the fact that Ultima won't drop its damn body. (Stingy little @#%^er.)

When i created my shell i took a lot of time to look into time slots (based on catwho's thread and just the general knowledge of players) and found a nice little sliver in the 6PM est Sun/Wed time frame. That works out great with Yamato events and einhejar, and many of my friends are also in those events. So I did my best to work with other leaders to make sure we didnt fight, and rarely because of my own mess up i would enter the wrong zone (Sorry Chamile!) But it was never more than a "I'm sorry" "NP!" scenario.

Anyway, The topic at hand here is a new shell called "X-Files."

Being a newer shell myself to this time zone, I can respect people making thier own shell. Thats neat, that's cool, I'll work with you and invite you with open arms. But Of course diplomacy will only go so far.

We had just teleported when they did after us and ran to get into sea, claim the flower we were already at, and had the gall to "LET" me pick a zone. Perhaps it's just my own stupidity for thinking the zones were "mine" but i had no idea this ls even existed let alone was running. Needless to say, I was very annoyed because this was going to give us an Omega set 1 day earlier, which is now pushed back, because they went ahead and entered anyway. Angered, Some of my members ran in quickly and Claimed NW (Behe zone) and was able to clear it using blms. I had ordered everyone angrily to not stress it, we'll just solo SW and farm it dry, (if you couldnt tell we were attempting a double clear this day) but again, tempers and what not.

To those in Xfiles reading this, which you aren't because you think alla is rmt only, Them taking NW was not my intention, it wasn't my goal.

But i find myself in a little spiral, why am i apologizing to you? Your thieves, and if you dare try to say you talked to others your a filty liar too. Eileena, Chamille, Kaell never heard of you, and while i haven't spoken to shadechaos, i suspect they don't either. Maybe they do now, AFTER the god damn fact, but as Chamille told me yesterday, we have potentially 8 Limbus ls's running at the same time. Give or take...

You might be thinking, "where are you going with all this...?" Well here it is:
I'm not moving from this time zone, and neither should anyone else.

You demand to run during this time FINE, LET'S MAKE IT WORK.

Don't just talk to 1 ls and think you've talked to everyone, let's sit down and fix the problem thats going to ruin everyone's god damn life in limbus. I asked you once and you declined, and I will ask 1 more time.

Deny working with me again, Xfiles, And i won't try anymore. I'll steal your zones, I'll @#%^ with your floors, I'll make damn sure my members don't get cut short because of little kid bullsh*t. I can manage to work with every other ls, and have, since the existence of Dissida, so i do NOT see why we can't.

And on a personal level, don't ever insault my members. Do not insault catwho for being angry with you, do not call her a liar. Do not threaten to GM her for nothing, and do NOT go to other shells and try to "turn them against me". Thats all childish drama that no one @#%^ing needs.

If you have a problem with one of my members, you @#%^ing come to me. They don't deserve your sh*t, and I will settle it. Whatever they do, I will back. That's the trust i have in my friends.

/rant off

Edited, Oct 22nd 2009 3:03pm by Subakyo
#2 Oct 22 2009 at 12:47 PM Rating: Default
1 post
maybe ignorance is bliss...I dont know about all this other stuff, but allakhazam was bought by the same people who own IGE in November of 2005. Thought everyone knew this...here is a link (one of many) that can be found:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150282
http://www.corpnews.com/node/133
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGE


or just type alla bought by ige..in any search engine

what this means...all these advertisments you see/premier fees...money in RMT pocket :)
#3 Oct 22 2009 at 1:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
29 posts
Maybe i jumped into ranting too soon to include a critical detail lol

The excuse for not contacting leaders is they don't use alla, its only for rmt, thats why they thought the zone was free already.
#4 Oct 22 2009 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
**
697 posts
Ah well, I suppose it is time to speak up. Before I begin, gratz on your success, nice to see folks do well.

Before you, before Chamille, before Kaell and before Pipkin, our shell had that time slot. didn't used to be an issue, was just us there at go time. It has been listed in Cat's sticky since the day she made it and right here in the wiki before that. How much has that meant to this point? How much respect have we as a pre-existing shell gotten? Nada, zilch, donut.

I do appreciate all of you younger shells trying to make your fun in this game. Just too many folks seem to be content to sit around whitegate and watch the grass grow. I support having fun in this game so "rok on wid yur badself"...it's good stuff.

Suba, I got but one beef with you and by association...your shell. While you target a 6 pm est [Start button], you can't hit it worth a hoot, ya never have. And you perpetually step on our 7pm start by jumping in a zone about 10-15 minutes before we port. It happened last night as we had also planned to run NW, it has happened before and I don't suspect it's going to change till you do something about it.

I've known Catwho for years. Her, Aya and Prav used to be in FifthElement HNMLS with us back before most HNMLS ever existed on this server. Heck, I run Dyna with her and the old gang for funsies. I know she is a part of your shell. And we all know she takes the time and effort to build and maintain the Limbus schedule sticky right here. To that point I just know she has a small heart attack every time you guys leave late and step on our zone. Please fix that.

Look, if you guys left when you say you are gonna leave and we got to a zone and hadda wait 15-20 minutes to enter... no big deal, a minor inconvenience and certainly understandable. But when you leave 45 minutes late that just put us at over an hour for a delay, and that doesn't work. Many of our folks have other events scheduled later as well as it being late for our EU members and that hour just doesn't exist to chop out of the day. So if there is any sort of a seniority rules system, it isn't working.

If you want a solution to xfiles who show a 6pmEST start, ya might wanna get out of a pot calling the kettle black thing and just start your run on time. We all would appreciate it. And if you can't, then you owe it to any other shell that you may be stepping on to coordinate and if needed, take a back seat. That is just common courtesy.

Now, to the point at hand, I always get a /tell from Chamile, we have worked together with only 1 or 2 little issues over the entire time their shell has been around. I consider our working relationship to be textbook and an acceptable one. I don't get any tells from any of the other new shells including yours. I did get a /tell from an xfiles member prior to the run asking which zone we were going to run and I told them we had planned to run NW tonight. However, it was a one-way street on the information super-highway as they never did reciprocate and advise which zone they were looking to run. In fact, as it turns out it would appear that it ended up being more of a " Hurry Hurry we gotta go " thing. LoL, little did I know why...

I think part of the problem is that folks make up a shell, post a schedule on their own bulletin board and expect that to be all they need to do to start running non-instanced events. I think it would serve everyone better for the new shells to at least look at the existing schedules plan accordingly and remove all of this drama by picking a run time that doesn't step on other shells.

This time slot has gotten way outta hand. There is no way that 8 LS's standing around in Port around 6:30 pm est are going to balance 10 areas and 2 bosses without constant friction, especially when double clearing.

When ya make your bed, ya sleep in it. And always remember that youthful exuberance is no match for the treacherous debauchery of experience:p

From my view, I think adjustments need to be made...but I could be wrong :p

We'll cya there :)

____________________________
Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
R.I.P. Cindy 2.26.56 - 4.18.13
~She made a difference~
#5 Oct 22 2009 at 2:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
29 posts
yeah.

Truthfully, I'm probably not the best leader. I'm not going to say my target time has been reached and truthfully i've done little about it. Until recently, that is.

My fault as a leader is that i'm too amiable in that i won't dock points, i won't count people late, i excuse this that and those, and i try to be everyone's friend. That changes starting last week.

At the suggestion of my coleaders (corleonis and unoffically catwho) we're now enforcing the "suba's tele time" (cool name yeah?) to the T. We got in our zne at 6:15 est, and teled from Jeuno at 6:03, which is a hell of a lot better than waiting for 3 people and teleing at 6:45.

I always have a gang of 14 that show up on time, but i wanted to double clear always for faster bosses. By doing that, I forced myself in a "i need to wait" groove, which killed me on time.

So it is hipacritical (yep i can't spell, I'm a medical student not a spelling bee champ) of myself to accuse one of something i didn't intend for in the past, but i've reflected on it and am changing it. I can't be everyone's friend... It sucks but is very true.

Edited, Oct 22nd 2009 4:41pm by Subakyo
#6 Oct 22 2009 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
We've decided to take a step back from attempting to double clear for that reason, Shade. (Plus enforcing punctuality will help.) We're also going to aim for a titch earlier on Sundays, so we're not forced to wait on Wednesdays for soap.

We picked the 6PM slot because it worked with existing events, and it was the timeslot a lot of members used to have with Shogungummy Limbus (which disbanded some time ago.)

I apologize for our lateness Shade. We'll try to improve upon it.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#7 Oct 22 2009 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Yeah, the company that owned IGE also bought the ZAM network, but they since sold IGE or released it to go independent again (probably because of the TAINT that company has, or maybe it wasn't making money, who knows.)

Even I balked back in 2006 when I heard about it, and stopped posting here for a time, until there was word that the holding company sold IGE again. I asked everyone at the ACEN 2006 panel to do the same, and many did. But I came back once the TAINT was gone, and so did many others. ZAM network learned their lesson fast.

Damn. I just browsed the IGE website. They accept more forms of payment than Square Enix itself. Not cool. Smiley: disappointed

Edit: They could totally make a side business where they pay your FFXI account for you with a secured visa card for a small surcharge.

Edited, Oct 22nd 2009 5:34pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#8 Oct 22 2009 at 6:32 PM Rating: Excellent
*
59 posts
First: I want to say that it is entirely logical to assume the non-paying customers of one company fully support and encourage the actions of any and all companies that may be in some ancillary way be owned by, or previously owned by, the same parent company. I see no fault in that logic.

Second: Seriously? 5+ Limbus shells running at the same time. Really guys? Really? Same day even? Is there some weird lock out on Limbus at ALL other times of the week? Do the golden gates of Limbus only open when the stars align on Sunday/Wednesday between the hours or 6-8pm EST? You want to have conflicting times don't you. If it were dynamis I could sort of understand because some of those zones take a long time and you want to start early.
#9 Oct 22 2009 at 11:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Our limbus shell has a lot of people from Yamato and NoSeph Dynamis in it. About the only other slot I could do is Monday 6PM Thursday 11PM, and then . . . not really.

And like I said before, Shogungummy Limbus had that time slot until last spring, and we managed to share it with Shade's shell without any issues at all. o_O
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#10 Oct 23 2009 at 4:48 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
That reminds me, Catwho, can you update your list for us?
Dark Requiem took over Delusion's limbus spot on Thursday and Sunday.
8:00PM CST is gather time for Thursday, and 8:30PM CST is gather time for Sunday.
Website is http://darkrequiemLS.info
Thanks!


Edited, Oct 23rd 2009 5:49am by ahnalia
#11 Oct 23 2009 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Done!
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#12 Oct 23 2009 at 11:52 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
29 posts
I already said why we entered late.
It's over with, I'm done waiting on 2-3 individuals consistently.

And no, no other time slot really works for my shell due to Yamato events other days and misc. events with med school / work / other misc crap, so its about the only time i can manage it.

It'll be OK, I'm learning to be a better @#%^ :p
#13 Oct 23 2009 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,060 posts
Yes, there really are that many shells that run in roughly the same time slot. It usually works out just fine though, since all the leaders of these various shells work with each other so that we're not stepping on each others' toes.

Problem now though is the new xfiles ls. Why? They refuse to communicate with any of the other shells, taking zones at random. Like Suba said, we'd be more than happy to work with them. But they won't, because we use alla and therefore we're RMT Smiley: laugh
#14 Oct 24 2009 at 3:45 AM Rating: Excellent
27 posts
I guess maybe I should add this here since it's more likely to be seen on a new topic.

I recently had to take over leading my limbus group, thing is we don't really have a name, but we're a regular twice a week Apollyon only group that's been running for quite a while. No separate pearl or anything but I guess since most members are from my linkshell Epidemic you can go with that on the limbus schedule. Our runs are late, Monday at 10 PM EST and Thursday at 11 PM EST.

Rarely ever run into conflict, maybe twice the entire year. Nice little story, last night someone was soloing in the zone we wanted to do. When I sent a /t asking how long he would be he kindly offered to warp out of the zone for us and apologized about 10 times. I told him he could sit in the zone and lot the AF+1 he wanted if it dropped for us and he refused the offer and continued to apologize. Thought we were running out of people like that on this server.
#15 Oct 24 2009 at 6:09 AM Rating: Good
**
697 posts
Ok folks. We're going to be part of the solution here.

Effective immediately, SeriousFun will no longer be running our long standing and posted time slots for Limbus. Catwho, please take us down from your stickie(seriously). We will postpone Limbus as we look for a less crowded time slot and will advise you for stickie updating when we do.

I hear 5:51pm est Sun/Wed is wide open :p (humor)
____________________________
Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
R.I.P. Cindy 2.26.56 - 4.18.13
~She made a difference~
#16 Oct 24 2009 at 8:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
But Shade, you guys HAVE had that time slot since . . . forever. x_x
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#17 Oct 24 2009 at 1:05 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
29 posts
Seriously shade if you do that i'm going straight to luckie and im gonna bash that little bitch until i get GM'd and suspended for harrasment. Thats what she wants, thats how she operates "make people suffer until i get may @#%^." @#%^ that

You're staying
#18 Oct 27 2009 at 9:42 AM Rating: Good
This - and the similar issue with Dynamis - wouldn't be an issue if people didn't create new linkshells at the drop of the hat just so they could get their items faster. It dilutes the limited talent pool and causes these zone conflicts.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, though, as X-Files seems to be the obvious troublemaker here, and the two other linkshells participating in this discussion have had their feet in the water for ages.

In before "Well, this wouldn't be an issue if Dynamis and Limbus were instanced." Square-Enix's own shortcomings don't justify being a jerk. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Edited, Oct 27th 2009 11:43am by ExpressImpress
____________________________
[ffxisig]186559[/ffxisig]
#19 Oct 27 2009 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
The great irony is that they claim that they won't use the schedule at the top of the forum because Alla is run by RMT, yet less than a month ago they posted a recruiting topic here.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (11)