Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Warning to all Dynamis recruitersFollow

#1 Sep 18 2008 at 10:21 AM Rating: Excellent
*
88 posts
Please forgive the drama thread, this is mainly for all dynamis shell leaders/recruiters. If you don’t want to read about drama, then move on from this post.

First of all, I’d like to apologize to the members of our dynamis linkshell, DareToExcel, who were subjected to this unfortunate incident, which compromised what had started out as an excellent run in Dynamis-Xarcabard. For the sake of time and convenience I am not going to post screenshots of this, but I did take them and if anyone feels compelled to see them, you are more than welcome to send me (Fatmike) a message in game and I will email you them.

I’d like to warn anyone who recruits for their Dynamis LS, that Sbcharly and Kenjii are 2 people that you do not want in your linkshell. Last night, during our Xarc run, Kenjii (who first and foremost was on my black list because the only thing he ever did was whine about having to raise people, and constantly complained about people not using rr earrings etc despite our constantly telling him that mobs in dynamis spam dispelga with great frequency). This is fine, I understand that every shell has their squeaky, oil-less wheel. The black list function is great for tuning out people who spew nothing but worthless ls chat.

At one point, the Sorcerer’s Petasos dropped. I was lucky enough to have the highest point bid. At this point (mind you he was still on my black list), based on the comments of others in the shell and what I was later told, he threatened to ninja lot the item. After he refused to pass on the item once everyone else had, he was subsequently kicked from the shell.

I understand where some people are going to interject here, and remind us that every shell should make their members bazaar their glasses for 1g in case this type of incident happens. Our shell for the most part, is happy go lucky, and while this policy had been used in the past, it was most recently not simply due to the fact that we are (or were?) a relatively drama-free ls. You can rest assured that this policy will be firmly reset back in place where it should have never been dropped.

Kenjii dropped party and began lotting everything that dropped. Thankfully, he did not lot on the Petasos, but he did start lotting on everything else that dropped from currency to exp scrolls.

Once Kenjii got on a roll, Sbcharly began cheering him on and basically taunting the linkshell and taking overall enjoyment out of the situation. He was also kicked from the linkshell, but evidently not bright enough to drop party, and he was d2’d. But that did not stop this guy. He decided to run all the way back to Xarc and reenter, with the glass he still had so that he too could join in on the lotting free-for-all. Except this time, he came on rdm and made a party with Kenjii, and they both started mpk’ing people and casting dia on slept mobs.

We called a GM, and while they told me they had already been notified and were on it, I’m sure nothing was done.

Please do not let these guys into your dynamis linkshell. If something does not go their way, you may suffer the same outcome. I really hate starting drama threads and what not, so I am going to try and leave this for you all to interpret and discuss as you feel needed. Unfortunately the run was called off early (some still stayed to farm, and we were lucky enough to have Thf and Brd drop at the end of the run once Kenjii and Sbcharly finally got tired of acting like children and had left, so congrats to Amphion and Kaell on their respective drops).

If you are not a dynamis linkshell recruiter/leader, and you are reading this thread, please do your part to keep seraph and your linkshell free of this slime and pass the word to your ls leadership.

Thanks for the time.

Edited, Sep 18th 2008 11:35am by Satyagrahan
#2 Sep 19 2008 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
**** those guys are jerks
#3 Sep 19 2008 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
20,417 posts
Oy. Sorry that drama happened to you. Duly noted ;;
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#4 Sep 20 2008 at 12:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
89 posts
Its sad to hear bad things that happen to a good ls. I was once with DareToExcel but the reason for my leaving was because of my play times had changed. They are a great bunch of people. Ive been out of game now since late March do to my Iraq deployment but i plan to return and step back in where i left off and see all my friends and old friends and the new friend that come.
#5 Sep 23 2008 at 10:14 PM Rating: Excellent
*
93 posts
that sucks, however i know this is not the first time Sbcharly and Kenjii have cheated someone out of a situation. i can remember specifically sbcharly ******** over a bunch of people on CoP with the sacrarium mission.

i think its been long overdue that people like that get called out on these forums, seriously everyday people get screwed over by selfish players and those players move on and ***** someone else because no one calls them out. its time we let these people know that there are consequences for being a selfish prick.
____________________________




#6 Sep 24 2008 at 2:33 PM Rating: Excellent
*
88 posts
Ya and I seem to remember that guy advertising for that "Just the Tip" Linkshell and basically sayin he'd never ***** anyone over and talkin about what a bunch of nice guys him and his cohort were.

It seems not to be the case. Thanks for the input and bump.
#7 Sep 28 2008 at 3:58 PM Rating: Default
Quote:
Ya and I seem to remember that guy advertising for that "Just the Tip" Linkshell and basically sayin he'd never ***** anyone over and talkin about what a bunch of nice guys him and his cohort were.


i happen to be a sackholder and "cohort" of sbcharly. unfortunately this bashing of my sky shell has killed our recruiting, which not only sucks for me, but the 14 or so other dedicated ppl that participate in sky with us. unfortunately i dont know the details of the dyna-xarc happening, but i did hear about it. i can say that ive never seen this kind of behavior out of him in sky and i doubt i ever will. i dont want to bash your shell either but i can only imagine something happened to cause him to act that way. either way i dont want his attitude somewhere else affecting my ability to recruit quality people for sky/sea.

either way im sorry for what happened on his end of things and wish it could be taken back for the sake of my members.
#8 Sep 28 2008 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
*
88 posts
Quote:
either way i dont want his attitude somewhere else affecting my ability to recruit quality people for sky/sea.


funny cuz thats exactly what i wanted.

Quote:
dont want to bash your shell either but i can only imagine something happened to cause him to act that way.


We're all wondering that ourselves. Judging by the fact that there are other people jumping in to bash him for other things done outside of this shell and the fact that the only reason you're sitting here at your keyboard defending him is because your own personal self interests are affected, I'd say it wasn't the first and probably wont be the last time.

But hey, I don't need to tell you this, you'll find out for yourself someday =D

PS: we celebrated their exile with a tasty Dynamis Lord kill and 4 af drops. Grats to DtE.

If anyone's interested in joining our times are

Wednesday 6pm pst
Saturday 5pm pst

Edited, Sep 28th 2008 9:20pm by Satyagrahan
#10 Oct 01 2008 at 7:27 PM Rating: Good
*
79 posts
Cheap political advertisements subtly inserted into weak verbal jabs of retaliation. 21st Century diplomacy at its finest.
#11 Oct 01 2008 at 11:39 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
first off, I dont know much about Sbcharly. Had a few parties with him, not more. So i can't really tell if he's capable of doing what you accuse him to.

however, I dont want to see Rays LS getting draged into this. His and our LS joined forces for a couple of Gods lately and they're nice and honorable people, and i dont think that LS would ***** anyone over.
#12 Oct 02 2008 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,448 posts
Lots of people seem to hate Ray but never say why. A man such as sbcharly who did what you said he did, maybe he doesn't deserve another Dynamis LS. But I think its a little overboard to ruin his rep so bad that you HOPE it ruins all of his other LS and completely destroys his FFXI rep, and everyone that participates in his linkshells knowingly. I've known Raytheon and their sky LS is just as much his as it is charly's. It is unacceptable to ruin a good person like ray's chances of their own little private shell succeeding in sky which has no effect on your game play. Are you so upset and affected by what charly did that you feel insecure every where you go in FFXI, so he isn't allowed to play the game at all and anyone who likes him are clearly scum too?
That's a little shallow to me, and you sound just as bad as any other ******* making the game unenjoyable to play.

I'd say I hope you lighten up a bit, the warning is out for dynamis shells, but don't ruin a shell and everyone's reputation in it just because they were in the same LS and followed his lead(he is a leader in their sky shell, after all). I was friends with Kailee. What a bad ******* apple. I am friends with Raytheon, whom some would consider a bad apple too. I've never been down right mean to anyone or unfair unless it was an ignorant player who was asking for it. (re: whm on toramas who would actually argue about the importance of paralyna and silena on the TANK, or a Samurai who was asked to tank before joining the party then refusing to provoke etc.) If one of those ignorant people I've been mean to were your friend or in your dyna shell would you want to ruin my reputation too and hope I didn't get good gear, cause my shell was incapable of killing something as private and small as sky gods?

That is like. Magico thinking right there. Or ddlysins thinking. "They did one bad thing to me omg open season hope they all wipe and lose triggers and its perfectly ok to steal mobs from them if it goes unclaimed, cause they're all scum!!!/butthurt" *********************** Maybe it'd be nice of you to retract your earlier statement of:

satyagrahan wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
either way i dont want his attitude somewhere else affecting my ability to recruit quality people for sky/sea.



funny cuz thats exactly what i wanted.


I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the bashing. I wasn't there and won't comment either way on wether charly did something bad or not or w/e or if he deserved that. If he does, then he does. So now the Dynamis shells know to watch out for him. Lay off hurting innocent people though.


____________________________
Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
Lacaan Vasiim:Cactuar
Free Company:Cactuar Corp<CCorp>
catwho wrote:
If you need a bard to get "good exp" in a merit party, you're the weakest link.
#13 Oct 03 2008 at 11:44 PM Rating: Default
Lacaan at this point it dont even matter he pretty much got his wish and noone is showing up for sky in the past week and a half. saty-1 justhetip-0 cant even recruit ppl to do sky with us now, since our rep is pretty much shot.

Edited, Oct 4th 2008 3:39am by trowabartonseraph
#15 Oct 05 2008 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,448 posts
Sure its a big deal to the people in the sky shell effected by this. But its not really such an issue about being righteous because you report a bad apple on the forums. It has its perks. The trouble is you get people like dehorse with big mouths and comprehension levels of a 7th grader which in turn spread the news and by the time it reaches the 10th set of ears the story involves a donkey, a GM, and one **** of a night in the ancient city of xarcabard and how SBCharly ruined it all by calling the castle-zvhal MP. That's why its always sensitive in nature when you post here about someone doing something bad. It's ok to post but to sit there and try to ruin their rep, well, its way too easy and that's not acceptable to go all out, when there are innocents involved in an unrelated shell.
____________________________
Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
Lacaan Vasiim:Cactuar
Free Company:Cactuar Corp<CCorp>
catwho wrote:
If you need a bard to get "good exp" in a merit party, you're the weakest link.
#16 Oct 06 2008 at 8:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
20,417 posts
I think the last time I "reported" an incident was because I'd gotten a dozen tells from upset members of the linkshell where it happened. It wasn't even my linkshell, but enough people were unhappy that I offered to make a post for the leaders since they weren't well known on Alla.

It's one thing when a member of a linkshell does something in another linkshell. But it's another thing entirely when the leader of a linkshell does something in another linkshell. Running a linkshell isn't that hard, but one of the most important things is that the members need to be able to trust the linkshell leaders. When an event occurs that may bring the trust and judgment of a leader in question, members have the right to know the facts and decide for themselves whether they want to stay there or not. I've done a ton of things to **** people off, and a few have even made the rounds on the forums, but in the end my linkshell members generally remain loyal to my linkshells because they trust me not to ***** them over. I may be 1% *******, but even that 1% ******* is pretty fair..
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#18 Oct 07 2008 at 3:45 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
I tend to avoid threads like this and the controversy that usually comes with them, but from my point of view as an outsider is people are suggesting you should think about what you are going to say before you say it publicly, what about thinking about what you DO before you do it?
I do not know SB or any of the people mentioned, and have no bias what-so-ever one way or the other, but let's say for a minute he did do what the OP said.
Didn't he, as a leader, act in a way that was detrimental to the future success of his linkshell?
I mean, regardless of the OP, people WILL find out about that kind of foolish behavior.
Speaking as someone who is an officer in 2 fairly decent sized linkshells, isn't it the responsibility of that officer to conduct themselves in a manner that will not gain unfavorable hear-say later down the road?
I am sorry your linkshell is ruined, I have been down that road of lies and negative press myself and yes it is very hurtful to the linkshell and frustrating.
Can you reform with new officers under a new name? If there is any chance your linkshell should survive I think you should take the opportunity if you can.
But basically IF these people did do what they were accused of, then it was going to backlash their linkshell (unfortunately), and they should have thought of that before they did it :(





#20 Oct 07 2008 at 5:30 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Ray, I agree, when a person is acting on pure emotions, it's really difficult to discern whether that is how they "really are" or not.
And this game can and does elicit some very strong emotions =/
#21 Oct 07 2008 at 8:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
20,417 posts
Actually, I'd say you can judge a lot about a person based on their reaction during an emotional situation. Everyone gets angry over things. Everyone reacts different in their anger. A few folks have been on the receiving end of my temper and I can tell you it's not a pretty thing. But I've never "gone apesh*t" and started ninja lotting crap. I think the worst I've done is unplugged the modem and not log on for a day or two.

The concern that people have to think through is: If someone gets that angry over pixels, what else will they do if they get angry at me? If I'm suddenly not on someone's good side, will they ninja lot my stuff that I have earned? Will they kick me out from the linkshell in a fit of pique? Will they treat me fairly or unfairly in the end?

Suffice it to say, linkshell leaders are generaly held to a higher standard. (They should be anyway. The previous example of Magico is an example of the server's collective failure to do so.) I don't think someone's endgame reputation should be OMG Ruined Forever due to one incident. I do think an apology and an explanation should be forthcoming whenever rules are clearly broken. 90% of the time, if a person admits they just lost their temper and went off the deep end, people forgive and forget and move along.

Edit: I before E except after C. Stupid work. Stupid IE7 without spellcheck.

Edited, Oct 7th 2008 12:36pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#22 Oct 07 2008 at 12:35 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Actually, the more I think about it, cat, your right about that.
#23 Nov 05 2008 at 10:40 PM Rating: Default
*
115 posts
I'll get you Kenjii, and your little dog too!
____________________________
100 Goldsmithing
MNK NIN SAM BLU BLM
SenseOfTheAbsolute

#24 Nov 10 2008 at 5:10 PM Rating: Excellent
**
256 posts
Just as a piece of closure that I think is kinda ironic. Kenjii has found another dynamis LS. Magicomary's dynamis LS.
____________________________
Paskil, @#%^ing DRK wrote:
WAR/WHM. Bradygames are @#%^ing prophets.

Turin the Malevolent wrote:
Why don't you read up on my nuts?
#25 Nov 11 2008 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
20,417 posts
Birds of a feather . . .

Smiley: laugh
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)