Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

This is a thingFollow

#1 Jul 07 2013 at 7:35 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,575 posts
Sharknado


It's like they watched the Incredible Crew's "Torcanoquake Blizvalanche Fireicanebees" and thought "Hey, Good idea!"
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#2 Jul 07 2013 at 5:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,920 posts
Pretty sure my pal owns Sharktopus, so I immediately posted this trailer to his wall Smiley: lol
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#3 Jul 07 2013 at 5:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,096 posts
Goddamn SyFy. Smiley: glare

Edited, Jul 7th 2013 7:33pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4 Jul 07 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,483 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Goddamn SyFy. Smiley: glare

Edited, Jul 7th 2013 7:33pm by Shaowstrike

____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#5 Jul 08 2013 at 9:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,254 posts
Is it wrong that my first thought was "Now how do I stat that up as a Pathfinder encounter..."?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#6 Jul 08 2013 at 2:09 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,362 posts
Yeah. SyFy. Sigh...
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#7 Jul 12 2013 at 8:21 AM Rating: Good
******
43,073 posts
I don't know what your problems are, these movies are great. I'm sure I've laughed at more horrendous attempts at horror, but for the life of me I can't think of any. I didn't get to watch this one, unfortunately (though I did see Sharktopus) because it came on the same time as Burn Notice, and I'm not missing Bruce.

Edited, Jul 12th 2013 10:23am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#8 Jul 12 2013 at 8:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,254 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I'm not missing Bruce.
Good man. We've gotta watch that this morning before my roommate goes out of town for the weekend.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#9 Jul 12 2013 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know what your problems are, these movies are great. I'm sure I've laughed at more horrendous attempts at horror, but for the life of me I can't think of any.
Yeah, they just remind me of 50's sci-fi movies. I don't see the problem; they're intended to be cheesy and once you accept that and watch them for what they are, they can be fairly entertaining.
____________________________
Banh
#10 Jul 12 2013 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,466 posts
I think an Octonado would be more terrifying with all them suction-cupped tentacles swirling around.

That wouldn't fly on Shark-week however.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#11 Jul 19 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
******
43,073 posts
Just finished watching this. In short, it was the greatest thing I'd ever watched. It was a lot like a comic book, where things for the most part look like real life, but the physics are just all over the place that there's absolutely no way to take it serious. I mean, there are twenty foot sharks easily swimming around fully submerged in shin deep water, a house on a hill top gets flooded by torrential rain fall, but besides the rain there's barely any water outside, and my favorite of a beretta shooting a thousand pound shark out of the air in a tornado. That gun had kick. I can't wait for Sharknado 2.

Edited, Jul 19th 2013 12:00pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#12 Jul 19 2013 at 12:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I liked how the sharks dropped out of the air as they were shot, like birds (rather than wind-swept shark debris).
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#13 Jul 26 2013 at 1:26 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,892 posts
The fins give them excellent aerial mobility!
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#14 Jul 28 2013 at 8:51 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,575 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Just finished watching this. In short, it was the greatest thing I'd ever watched. It was a lot like a comic book, where things for the most part look like real life, but the physics are just all over the place that there's absolutely no way to take it serious. I mean, there are twenty foot sharks easily swimming around fully submerged in shin deep water, a house on a hill top gets flooded by torrential rain fall, but besides the rain there's barely any water outside, and my favorite of a beretta shooting a thousand pound shark out of the air in a tornado. That gun had kick. I can't wait for Sharknado 2.

Edited, Jul 19th 2013 12:00pm by lolgaxe


You think twenty foot sharks in shin deep water is bad? How about twenty foot sharks in buckets being used in a bikini car wash, or fire suppression systems in buildings, or slip and slides?

They had a shark movie marathon yesterday, and were advertising for Ghost Shark





____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#15 Jul 28 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,483 posts
TirithRR wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Just finished watching this. In short, it was the greatest thing I'd ever watched. It was a lot like a comic book, where things for the most part look like real life, but the physics are just all over the place that there's absolutely no way to take it serious. I mean, there are twenty foot sharks easily swimming around fully submerged in shin deep water, a house on a hill top gets flooded by torrential rain fall, but besides the rain there's barely any water outside, and my favorite of a beretta shooting a thousand pound shark out of the air in a tornado. That gun had kick. I can't wait for Sharknado 2.

Edited, Jul 19th 2013 12:00pm by lolgaxe


You think twenty foot sharks in shin deep water is bad? How about twenty foot sharks in buckets being used in a bikini car wash, or fire suppression systems in buildings, or slip and slides?

They had a shark movie marathon yesterday, and were advertising for Ghost Shark







I... wow.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#16 Jul 28 2013 at 2:59 PM Rating: Good
****
5,285 posts
Quote:
You think twenty foot sharks in shin deep water is bad? How about twenty foot sharks in buckets being used in a bikini car wash, or fire suppression systems in buildings, or slip and slides?

They had a shark movie marathon yesterday, and were advertising for Ghost Shark

*videos*

That is amazing...

Still not as hilarious a concept as Sharknado though.
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#17 Jul 28 2013 at 7:55 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,892 posts
Love the sound effect they used where his head falls back down and is impaled on the bottle.

Edited, Jul 29th 2013 3:55am by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18 Jul 28 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Good
******
43,073 posts
The difference is that we're supposed to believe the sharks in Sharknado are just regular sharks who just happen to be swept up in the biggest storm of all time and eventually in a tornado being thrown around. With a Ghost Shark, it can do whatever it feels like so it showing up in buckets and stuff is ... I want to say more believable but considering the movies ... Either way can't wait for that train wreck.

Besides, Sharknado and Ghost Shark are still more believable movies than Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs.

Edited, Jul 29th 2013 1:20am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#19 Sep 03 2013 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
******
43,073 posts
So I saw Ghost Shark. It was part of a Shark Movie Marathon, along with Sharknado, Sharktopus and Jersey Shore Shark Attack.

Almost peed myself laughing. When did the Sci Fi channel become this amazing?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CDT
IDrownFish, Karlina, Poldaran, Anonymous Guests (22)