Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Game of Thrones: Season 3 (HBO)Follow

#202 Jun 04 2013 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,035 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Here's 6 minutes of people reacting to it:
More like overreacting.


Yeah I wonder... do these people film themselves watching television all the time or only by chance when something like the Red Wedding happens? Not to say they're all fake but I bet a good portion of them is.
____________________________
Osseric
#203 Jun 04 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,535 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Here's 6 minutes of people reacting to it:
More like overreacting.


Doesn't make it not funny. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#204 Jun 04 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Here's 6 minutes of people reacting to it:
More like overreacting.


Yeah I wonder... do these people film themselves watching television all the time or only by chance when something like the Red Wedding happens? Not to say they're all fake but I bet a good portion of them is.
I'd imagine that a good portion of the people filming are those who have read the books and are watching with people who haven't.
____________________________
Banh
#205 Jun 04 2013 at 2:39 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,535 posts
Spoonless wrote:
TherealLogros wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Here's 6 minutes of people reacting to it:
More like overreacting.


Yeah I wonder... do these people film themselves watching television all the time or only by chance when something like the Red Wedding happens? Not to say they're all fake but I bet a good portion of them is.
I'd imagine that a good portion of the people filming are those who have read the books and are watching with people who haven't.


That's exactly what all of them are. There was in fact a call for this to happen on /r/GameofThrones last week in anticipation of the episode.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#206 Jun 04 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I was SHOCKED by how many people on tumblr had someone completely avoided this spoiler. I'm still on the first book (with minimal desire to keep reading until the series is complete, particularly when so much stuff has been spoiled for me already by friends).

I get people who are primarily engaging with the show on HBO not seeing any spoilers, but people engaging with fandom on tumblr never hearing the details of the Red Wedding?
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#207 Jun 04 2013 at 5:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
I don't necessarily avoid spoilers, but I don't seek them out either. And I knew nothing about this. I just knew there was going to be a wedding. I didn't see anything coming until I heard the Rains of Castamere. This episode blew me the f away. And now I can't wait for the finale.
#208 Jun 04 2013 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Yeah. Normally spoilers this big leak out into the world really, really quickly. And I didn't see a single peep, anywhere.

So, go GoT fandom, I suppose.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#209 Jun 04 2013 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Now Sansa's getting in on the action.


Edited, Jun 4th 2013 8:42pm by Omegavegeta
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#210 Jun 04 2013 at 8:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Now Sansa's getting in on the action.


Edited, Jun 4th 2013 8:42pm by Omegavegeta

Ok, WTH?
#211 Jun 04 2013 at 8:37 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
That's been around for a while now. It was her out on a jog or something, recording herself getting tired. Maybe it's performance art, IDK. I just know I first saw it at least a month ago, probably two.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#212 Jun 05 2013 at 7:39 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,535 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Yeah. Normally spoilers this big leak out into the world really, really quickly. And I didn't see a single peep, anywhere.

So, go GoT fandom, I suppose.


I think there was a pretty concerted effort by book-readers not to spoil anything. Also I know that the show-watchers I know are pretty violent when it comes to possible spoilers, so it's not even really tempting to mess with them. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#213 Jun 05 2013 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
So I guess I should be more violent with my friends when they tell me things.

God forbid I mention a character I like. It's almost guaranteed to have them inform me if they're living or not.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#214 Jun 05 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Yeah. Normally spoilers this big leak out into the world really, really quickly. And I didn't see a single peep, anywhere.

So, go GoT fandom, I suppose.
I saw spoilers all over Reddit, in pretty much every subreddit. Heck, I even saw GoT spoilers in /r/starcraft. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Banh
#215 Jun 05 2013 at 12:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Screenshot
 
____________________________
Banh
#216 Jun 05 2013 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Well, I mean, it's reddit. Assume the highest level of assholery you can imagine, and prepare for worse than that.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#217 Jun 05 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
****, this episode...

Getting a bit tired of seeing House Stark getting owned every **** episode. It's building up to one mother of a climax, but I fear the author will milk that emotional value until we're 12 books into the story and nobody cares. But oh well, Lord Frey just made it to the top of my "People I hope will die a gruesome death" list. Didn't think anyone would surpass Joffrey, but good job, author, making me hate a character more than that megalomaniac boy king.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#218 Jun 05 2013 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I'm determined to see Arya,Sansa, or Jon Snow on the throne.

For that matter, I want Arya and Jon to stop being on opposite ends of the world, so they can have scenes together.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#219 Jun 05 2013 at 4:46 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,256 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
For that matter, I want Arya and Jon to stop being on opposite ends of the world, so they can have scenes together.


You have a sick mind! They're half-siblings!

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 6:46pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#220 Jun 05 2013 at 4:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,035 posts
TirithRR wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
For that matter, I want Arya and Jon to stop being on opposite ends of the world, so they can have scenes together.


You have a sick mind! They're half-siblings!



In GRRMs mind that would make it perfect. While a bit less prevalent in this season he seems to get off on stuff like that. Smiley: lol



(yay, sweet 500)
____________________________
Osseric
#221 Jun 05 2013 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
TirithRR wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
For that matter, I want Arya and Jon to stop being on opposite ends of the world, so they can have scenes together.


You have a sick mind! They're half-siblings!

Edited, Jun 5th 2013 6:46pm by TirithRR


Not like that, you weirdo. Though I'm actually inclined to believe they're (book stuff that's not substantiated but possibly hinted at) cousins. Which would make it slightly better. Historically, less disgusting, at least.. Especially if you're in Australia.

But they're my favorite pair of siblings in the Game. The scene where Jon gives Arya her sword is one of my favorites..
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#222 Jun 06 2013 at 4:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,035 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
But they're my favorite pair of siblings in the Game. The scene where Jon gives Arya her sword is one of my favorites..


I like them too, but Tyrion and Jaime are far ahead Imo.
____________________________
Osseric
#223 Jun 06 2013 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I love Tyrion, but I can't stand Jaime. I like him more in the later books/seasons than in the first one (where they start showing his vulnerability and not just the haughty attitude), and I love his relationship with Tyrion, but holy **** I can't stand him.

The only good he does, imo, is drive Tyrion and Cersei to be even more badass. So there's that.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#224 Jun 06 2013 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I love Tyrion, but I can't stand Jaime. I like him more in the later books/seasons than in the first one (where they start showing his vulnerability and not just the haughty attitude), and I love his relationship with Tyrion, but holy **** I can't stand him.

The only good he does, imo, is drive Tyrion and Cersei to be even more badass. So there's that.

Imo, one of the best scenes of the whole series to date was Jaime and Cersei getting caught by Bran doing it doggy style in the tower and Jaime's extraordinarily cavalier push of the boy from the tower wall.

Like The Hound though, he's not an apologist. In fact, the Hound and Jaime have a lot in common.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#225 Jun 06 2013 at 8:19 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,535 posts
Elinda wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I love Tyrion, but I can't stand Jaime. I like him more in the later books/seasons than in the first one (where they start showing his vulnerability and not just the haughty attitude), and I love his relationship with Tyrion, but holy **** I can't stand him.

The only good he does, imo, is drive Tyrion and Cersei to be even more badass. So there's that.

Imo, one of the best scenes of the whole series to date was Jaime and Cersei getting caught by Bran doing it doggy style in the tower and Jaime's extraordinarily cavalier push of the boy from the tower wall.

Like The Hound though, he's not an apologist. In fact, the Hound and Jaime have a lot in common.


It did set the tone of the books / show nicely.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#226 Jun 06 2013 at 8:21 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Which is funny, because I like the Hound. But I think it's because a lot of that is motivation.

The Hound is more service oriented. He does horrible things because he's trapped in the game, but he's not a player. Jaime thinks he is a player. And maybe he actually is, or maybe he's just a pawn.

But it's a significant enough personality difference that Jaime ****** me off. He's not an apologist, but he's so cavalier on top of it all. The Hound's gruff and has more of an it-is-what-it-is attitude, which is easier to swallow.

Though the more I think about it, the more I want to say that the Hound is more like Cersei, if she was a man and taken down a few pegs in ranking.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#227 Jun 06 2013 at 8:22 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Vataro wrote:
Elinda wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I love Tyrion, but I can't stand Jaime. I like him more in the later books/seasons than in the first one (where they start showing his vulnerability and not just the haughty attitude), and I love his relationship with Tyrion, but holy **** I can't stand him.

The only good he does, imo, is drive Tyrion and Cersei to be even more badass. So there's that.

Imo, one of the best scenes of the whole series to date was Jaime and Cersei getting caught by Bran doing it doggy style in the tower and Jaime's extraordinarily cavalier push of the boy from the tower wall.

Like The Hound though, he's not an apologist. In fact, the Hound and Jaime have a lot in common.


It did set the tone of the books / show nicely.


Definitely. The first chapters of Game of Thrones are just brilliant.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#228 Jun 06 2013 at 11:32 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
I liked Jaime more after he lost the hand, tbh.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#229 Jun 06 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I just wish Ned was the one who took it...

and, y'know, that he lived and stuff

Edited, Jun 6th 2013 1:38pm by idiggory
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#230 Jun 06 2013 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I just wish Ned was the one who took it...

and, y'know, that he lived and stuff

Edited, Jun 6th 2013 1:38pm by idiggory


I keep wishing Ned was still alive so he could deal out some much needed justice. I'm assuming Jon picks up his father's mantle at some point, but right now I'm not sure where to place him. It kinda sucks, because I really liked Ned. I considered him the hero of the story, but then GRRM decided to just kill him off like that before the story even got started.

What the show needs is some badass Stark hero who decides to @#%^ing do something about all the Lannister bullsh*t. Robb had potential, but some of the things he did made me facepalm so hard. I mean, seriously, did he not even consider, for a moment, the consequences of breaking an oath to the Freys? That Lord Frey guy had "psychotic mother@#%^er" written all over him, but Robb still went ahead and double-crossed him. And then he showed up unarmed to a suspiciously forgiving Lord Frey. Ackbar facepalmed so hard.

Edited, Jun 6th 2013 11:32pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#231 Jun 06 2013 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Well, depending on just how much time GRRM intends to move forward before the series ends, Bran and Rickon are both possibilities. And I still want Arya to come kick some ***.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#232 Jun 10 2013 at 12:36 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Episode 10 positive ravings:
Whilst there was no spectacular cliffhanger as in the past two season's endings, It wrapped up the aftermath of the Red Wedding, and set out the stage for season 4 very well indeed. I was pleased with the scenes, especially pleased indeed with a lot of them. The Tywin/Tyrion talk was a gut wrenching further explication of both characters. I don't remember reaching this far into Tywin's head before. Tyrion/Sansa/Shae was also gut wrenching because it seems to foreshadow that this relationship triangle cannot end well. Shae/Varys I was especially hooked into because it gave me further insight into Varys' motivations, and also pushed the "not ending well for Shae" feeling. I feel very sorry for all three of them, and really sad that Tyrion seems not able to be a safe place for Sansa, after all.

It was great that after all the separations, characters are coming back together, or crossing paths. Loved the Sam/Bran scenes, the Gilly/Maestor scene, and Jon making it back to Pip and Sam. God, I really felt the Jon/Ygritte scene. Jon's grimacing mouth as he begs for Ygritte's understanding, and for his life. Ygritte's watering eyes and trembling lip as she listens and then decides to still go ahead and kill him.

And Joffrey at the council! Can't believe one of the Unsullied at TwoP called that Joff would server Sansa her brother's head at his wedding. (If he could.) that was really tense, and a further setup for Tyrion being accused of Joff's murder Brienne grimace was powerfully expressive of her and Jaime's ambivalent position in her brief scene. Jaime's and Cercei's brief reuniting was nail-biting. Jaime looked briefly hopeful, but Cercei is just shocked and biting back horror, and he relapses into some sort of resigned despair.

reminds me of Cercei/Tyrion, god that was good. The consolation of children for an unhappy wife... "not even Joffrey himself can take that away from me". "They're the only reason I didn't [kill myself]". Unlike some others I really liked the Daenerys endscene, the last imagery and music was like something out of Baraka. My only nitpick is that it might not have been clear that it was Robb's body that they attached Greywind's head to, to the Unsullied. Even with the scene later with the soldiers talking about sewing the head on.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#233 Jun 10 2013 at 6:41 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
The last scene of Episode 10 was awesome. Not a lot happening, but the music was awesome.

I didn't like Daenerys in the beginning. I found her so incredibly naive and later a bit zealous with her "fight for the cause" thing, but now she's settled into the liberator role nicely, and compared to the **** going on in Westeros, she's starting to look like she might be the main protagonist. Especially now that House Stark is more or less gone.

Also, I can't wait for her dragons to grow up. Hopefully there'll dragon riding in the next season. God, I hope there'll be dragon riding.

I'm trying to see in which direction GRRM is taking the story. Like, who will end up ruling the kingdoms in the end and all that. This is all speculation (haven't read the books), so I won't put spoilers everywhere. I'm pretty sure Jon is going to have a pivotal role in the next seasons, but I'm not sure it's going to be with Ygritte. Something about their relationship makes me think it'll end in tragedy. She's still a Wildling and he's still... not a Wildling. What struck me just now is that Daenerys and Jon are about the same age, yeah? I'd almost bet on GRRM making Jon and Daenerys a thing later on. The ******* of House Stark and the exiled heiress to the throne. Something about that sound like the plot to a fantasy story. It mixes all the right themes.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#234 Jun 10 2013 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
Jon is getting less interesting as this story progresses. His path is too well-planned. Arya's character on the other hand is full of conviction, contradiction, willpower and vengence.

While I'm sure their paths will cross again in this story I don't see the two having any further meaningful interludes. At least I hope they don't.

I think Sansa will be the Starks player in the Throne game. I'm expecting her to eventually reestablish house Stark.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#235 Jun 10 2013 at 7:20 AM Rating: Good
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Did I mention I never read the books? Smiley: grin

I don't think Jon is who he thinks he is. Ned was too secretive about his mother. So I think Jon has more in common with Dany than he realizes. Even with the two of them not knowing each other, haha.

Also, I think the end game will be between the white walkers and the dragons. I'm putting money on the dragons. Because dragons are cool and ice zombies are not.
#236 Jun 10 2013 at 7:39 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
Nadenu wrote:


Also, I think the end game will be between the white walkers and the dragons. I'm putting money on the dragons. Because dragons are cool and ice zombies are not.

.....and I don't think even JRR Martin can write a story with the zombies as the victors.

I'm thinking though that, starting with book 6, the two stories - tv and book, will coincide with each other. You'll watch it first on tv then you can read the story in the book for more detail - nine pages to describe each feast. Maybe he'll even throw in some Seven Kingdom Recipes.

This will resolve the whole 'spoiler' issue (excepting for the slackers that don't buy HBO).
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#237 Jun 10 2013 at 4:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,035 posts
Most of the things I liked were already mentioned. A few more highlights for me were the Walder Frey/Roose Bolton conversation (Forever Young hardihar) and the part when Balon Greyjoy reads Ramsays letter and looks in to the giftbox (link is spoiler-ish if you haven't watched this episode yet).

Davos/Melisandre/Stannis was not spectacular but pretty good too.
____________________________
Osseric
#238 Jun 10 2013 at 5:37 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,599 posts

I liked that Tyrion and Arya both have enemies lists.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#239 Jun 10 2013 at 6:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
Just for the record, It's hilarious how many of you haven't finished Dance with Dragons yet. That or maybe you repressed the last bit. who knows?
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#240 Jun 10 2013 at 10:17 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,535 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Just for the record, It's hilarious how many of you haven't finished Dance with Dragons yet. That or maybe you repressed the last bit. who knows?


Oh yea, I've only read through A Storm of Swords. Gotta get on that... but then again I don't actually watch the show so eh.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#241 Jun 10 2013 at 11:57 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
That or maybe you repressed the last bit. who knows?


What, the part where the dragon(s) finally got cool?
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#242 Jun 11 2013 at 1:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Quote:
That or maybe you repressed the last bit. who knows?


What, the part where the dragon(s) finally got cool?


I was more referring to the "snowing" part.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#243 Jun 11 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Quote:
That or maybe you repressed the last bit. who knows?


What, the part where the dragon(s) finally got cool?


I was more referring to the "snowing" part.

I've finished it. I'm not repressing either Smiley: wink

We don't really know what happens until Winds of Winter gets here.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#244 Jun 11 2013 at 7:55 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,178 posts
Mazra wrote:
The last scene of Episode 10 was awesome. Not a lot happening, but the music was awesome.

I didn't like Daenerys in the beginning. I found her so incredibly naive and later a bit zealous with her "fight for the cause" thing, but now she's settled into the liberator role nicely, and compared to the sh*t going on in Westeros, she's starting to look like she might be the main protagonist. Especially now that House Stark is more or less gone.

Also, I can't wait for her dragons to grow up. Hopefully there'll dragon riding in the next season. God, I hope there'll be dragon riding.
.


Prepare to be disappointed. Without going in to much in the way of details, Dany gets seriously less interesting after she sacks a few more cities, and the dragons are too small to do much with until the end of newest book. Which means it's going to be years before any dragons get ridden in the show.

Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Just for the record, It's hilarious how many of you haven't finished Dance with Dragons yet. That or maybe you repressed the last bit. who knows?


If you haven't read the book and don't want to know, you really don't want to click on this.
They way Jon getting stabbed was written, I can easily see him surviving it. Either that, or Melisandre can manage to revive him. Which would effectively end his vow to the Night's Watch (since it lasts until death), which would free him up to take Stannis up on his offer to be legitimized and to take over House Stark. The main problem with that is that it's already stupidly hard to travel due to the snow and Winter just started, so I really don't see him doing much of anything unless Dany decides to finally stop mucking about in the East and fly that dragon over to Westeros.

Edited, Jun 11th 2013 10:04pm by Turin
#245 Jun 11 2013 at 11:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
more spoilerificness, Smiley: dnp

My money is on one of the three following scenarios: 1. warging it until either origional bodey repaired, or transferred into something else, maybe a kings landing ******* blacksmith assuming he surfaces again around that time, 2. Cold hands number rwo, or 3 he's really dead because ol' Georgy really actually hates his fans.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#246 Jun 12 2013 at 4:37 AM Rating: Good
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
more spoilerificness, Smiley: dnp

My money is on one of the three following scenarios: 1. warging it until either origional bodey repaired, or transferred into something else, maybe a kings landing ******* blacksmith assuming he surfaces again around that time, 2. Cold hands number rwo, or 3 he's really dead because ol' Georgy really actually hates his fans.


There is no way on Earth Jon is actually dead. The book is phrased precisely to ensure there is ambiguity. It's not the first time he's played this trick (Arya, I think?). It's surely going to be option 1.
____________________________
My politics blog and stuff - Refractory
#247 Jun 12 2013 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
RedPhoenixxx wrote:

There is no way on Earth Jon is actually dead. The book is phrased precisely to ensure there is ambiguity. It's not the first time he's played this trick (Arya, I think?). It's surely going to be option 1.
The end of book 4 left Arya blind...with no further explanation. We're still wondering the fate of Brienne.
I agree, Martins MO seems to be if/when a character dies it's a big jaw-dropping surprise but it will not be ambiguous.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#248 Jun 14 2013 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
I gave up reading the books several years ago, before the TV series happened. I wanted to wait until the ENTIRE book series was finished before I read the rest of them, so that I didn't have to live with ASOIAF cliffhangers any more.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#249 Jun 14 2013 at 11:11 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
I gave up reading the books several years ago, before the TV series happened. I wanted to wait until the ENTIRE book series was finished before I read the rest of them, so that I didn't have to live with ASOIAF cliffhangers any more.


Well, better hope he finishes them. Cliffhangers may be all we have.

Or he might just end with a cliffhanger. He does so enjoy causing us pain.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#250 Jun 14 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
He's the Alan Moore of fantasy.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#251 Jun 14 2013 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
He's a wizard?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 28 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (28)