Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Omnibus Fall 2012 Anime ThreadFollow

#1 Sep 04 2012 at 12:47 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
Visual Chart

Stand outs for me include:

Jormungand Season 2. I enjoyed the first season, and am expecting more snipers, more Koko is loco, and maybe some overarching plot this time.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm a fan on the manga, and it'll nice to see it animated again. Trudging through the first arc is going to be somewhat tedious though.

Hayate no Gotoku is seeing a remake. I thought the first run had some nice gags, but having already seen them might hurt my enjoyment.

Edited, Oct 3rd 2012 4:11pm by Allegory
#2 Sep 04 2012 at 1:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,361 posts
That image is a bit more comprehensive than the list down at TVTropes.

I'm intrigued by Zetsuen no Tempest and might enjoy Sukitte Ii Na Yo. Ixion Saga; Magi and Kamisama Kiss are also ones I might hope to see on Crunchyroll or Hulu this season.
#3 Sep 04 2012 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
******
49,667 posts
Looks like a pretty weak season. If I catch anything new at all, it'd probably be Jojo just for the absurdity. It looks like the first generation, though, so said absurdity will probably be pretty limited.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Sep 04 2012 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
Code:Breaker, finally. Oh man, Magi too? Those are two I've been eagerly waiting for. There are a few others that look interesting, too, but I'm reserving my excitement until I see the first few episodes

edit: just noticed the stuff at the bottom of the image. Another evangelion movie? Really? Like we haven't been ********** enough?

Edited, Sep 4th 2012 10:18am by Jinte
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#5 Sep 04 2012 at 10:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Recognized a few names, but I don't recall if I've read the series. Code: Breaker and Magi, in particular.

I don't think I'll have the stomach to watch Litchi Hikari Club. I seem to recall reading some of it a while back. Got to a part (relatively early on) where they rape and eviscerate a female teacher and thought "No... maybe not."

Interested in seeing how the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica movies come out.

I would really love to see Ratman become a series.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#6 Sep 04 2012 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,361 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
I don't think I'll have the stomach to watch Litchi Hikari Club. I seem to recall reading some of it a while back. Got to a part (relatively early on) where they rape and eviscerate a female teacher and thought "No... maybe not."
What. The. ****?
#7 Sep 04 2012 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
I don't think I'll have the stomach to watch Litchi Hikari Club. I seem to recall reading some of it a while back. Got to a part (relatively early on) where they rape and eviscerate a female teacher and thought "No... maybe not."
What. The. @#%^?

I was going through a horror phase Smiley: lol. That was a little too... horrible. I don't see it on mangahere.com any more; it might have been removed because it was extremely graphic. They do seem to have a prequel, which I have not read. Nor do I intend to do so...
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#8 Sep 04 2012 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
******
49,667 posts
It's on animea. Sounds like an interesting read.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#9 Sep 04 2012 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
It looks like the first generation, though, so said absurdity will probably be pretty limited.

You're forgetting Jack the Ripper's fabulous entrance.
#10 Sep 04 2012 at 11:09 AM Rating: Good
****
5,723 posts
Aside from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure there's not much that looks terribly interesting on that list.
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#11 Sep 04 2012 at 11:39 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,667 posts
Ha ha, yeah. I did forget about Jack the Ripper.

Also, Locke, **** you for "forgetting" to mention a couple of details about that manga. Smiley: mad
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#12 Sep 04 2012 at 11:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Ha ha, yeah. I did forget about Jack the Ripper.

Also, Locke, @#%^ you for "forgetting" to mention a couple of details about that manga. Smiley: mad

Oh, right, *** ***.

Heads up Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#13 Sep 04 2012 at 4:16 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Recognized a few names, but I don't recall if I've read the series. Code: Breaker and Magi, in particular.

I don't think I'll have the stomach to watch Litchi Hikari Club. I seem to recall reading some of it a while back. Got to a part (relatively early on) where they rape and eviscerate a female teacher and thought "No... maybe not."

Interested in seeing how the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica movies come out.

I would really love to see Ratman become a series.

Ratman Smiley: inlove but it's one I want them to wait on the anime, let the manga get a good bit further along so there's less need to condense it into 12/24 and then slap on a random ending
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#14 Sep 08 2012 at 4:58 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
I'll be watching initial D stage 5 as it releases. A couple of the other shows look interesting, but Initial D is what I'm looking forward to.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#15 Sep 30 2012 at 10:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,361 posts
Just a reminder, these start this week.
#16 Sep 30 2012 at 11:29 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
#17 Oct 01 2012 at 12:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,361 posts
I really could have used that during the previous season.
#18 Oct 03 2012 at 12:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,361 posts
Facebook informs me that Crunchyroll has picked up Btooom!(or however many "o"s that's supposed to have).

Also, in somewhat relevant news, Funimation now has a Roku channel.
#19 Oct 06 2012 at 10:14 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
Oh boy. Jojo part 1 is every bit as campy as I remember it. GG subs are definitely the way to go this time, ya tossers.

Hayate no Gotoku was disappointing. It was all over the place as far as genres are concerned, and I was particularly humored by any of the gags.

I haven't been able to find subs for Litchi Hikari Club yet. I'm considerign picking up the manga because the summary sounded interesting and I'm sure a fair portion will be censored from teh broadcast.

Busou Shinki might be intresting.

Continuing to watch Hunter x Hunter and Sword Art Online.
#20 Oct 06 2012 at 11:00 PM Rating: Decent
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
I'm gonna keep watching SAO, but it's at the point of watching a trainwreck for me, because it just feels way too rushed.

As for new shows, both K and Zetsuen no Tempest managed to hook me after just the first episode, which is something I don't have happen often, and Btooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom! looks promising. Sort of impatiently waiting for Code:Breaker to get subbed since I already know it's out. Definitely gonna watch Jojo, too, because ****, that ham was so thick I could taste it Smiley: laugh Also hoping Magi and Psycho Pass end up being what I'm hoping for
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#21 Oct 08 2012 at 4:06 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
Ixion Saga is the badness SAO so so desperately wants to be.

Ixion Saga knows what MMO players want. Snazzy mounts? Is a raptor horse snazzy enough for you? You want phat lewt? ***** check out my pimp *** boots. Are you a creepy dude who wants to play as a female character? It's awwright. (Note: dialogue here says "You can touch me if you want." Are you tired of sh*tty RP server naming rules? Do you want to name yourself something sexual and inappropriate? Congrats your screen name "E.D." has been approved. Do you like it when there's a character who looks an acts like a ten year old girl but is really seven hundred years old and thus marrying her wouldn't be crime? Too bad, she's eight and it is. Do you like inexplicably nonsensical fantasy weapons? Get a load of this. Did you think that weapon was awesome? Steal it from his unconscious body.

In one episode the protagonist already has two incredibly pimpin items. If this show was entirely about loot grinding, I'd probably be happy.


Note: I'm glad I was watching this on the computer rather than broadcast, because the most hilarious scene of them all lasted only a single frame. The first time I saw it I thought it was just bad animation. I had to go back and freeze frame it to realize that no, he had in fact cocked his sword.

Edited, Oct 8th 2012 5:12am by Allegory
#22 Oct 08 2012 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
******
49,667 posts
Sunday night was anime night. Jojo was hilarious, but looks like it's only going to last the now normal 12 episodes which is highly disappointing. Magi was amusing as well. Knowing the manga, I can see it becoming another long series similar to One Piece/Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail/etc.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#23 Oct 13 2012 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,361 posts
I have a couple left on the Crunchyroll selection before I've seen everything they offer this season. That said, so far, no misses. Everything I've watched from this season has been something I felt warranted watching another episode.
#24 Oct 22 2012 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
Allegory wrote:
Ixion Saga is the badness SAO so so desperately wants to be.

Ixion Saga knows what MMO players want. Snazzy mounts? Is a raptor horse snazzy enough for you? You want phat lewt? ***** check out my pimp *** boots. Are you a creepy dude who wants to play as a female character? It's awwright. (Note: dialogue here says "You can touch me if you want." Are you tired of sh*tty RP server naming rules? Do you want to name yourself something sexual and inappropriate? Congrats your screen name "E.D." has been approved. Do you like it when there's a character who looks an acts like a ten year old girl but is really seven hundred years old and thus marrying her wouldn't be crime? Too bad, she's eight and it is. Do you like inexplicably nonsensical fantasy weapons? Get a load of this. Did you think that weapon was awesome? Steal it from his unconscious body.

In one episode the protagonist already has two incredibly pimpin items. If this show was entirely about loot grinding, I'd probably be happy.


Note: I'm glad I was watching this on the computer rather than broadcast, because the most hilarious scene of them all lasted only a single frame. The first time I saw it I thought it was just bad animation. I had to go back and freeze frame it to realize that no, he had in fact cocked his sword.

Edited, Oct 8th 2012 5:12am by Allegory

Well, Ixion Saga is based off of an actual MMO, whereas SAO is entirely fabricated, and the books the anime is based on are actually from much earlier on in the MMO world, like back when FFXI was still fresh and relatively new. That said, the SAO anime continues to drive me insane with its terrible pacing.

lolgaxe wrote:
Sunday night was anime night. Jojo was hilarious, but looks like it's only going to last the now normal 12 episodes which is highly disappointing. Magi was amusing as well. Knowing the manga, I can see it becoming another long series similar to One Piece/Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail/etc.

I agree on the Jojo bit. As for Magi, I love everything about the anime, except for the fact that they can't pronounce the word "Magi" correctly. For those not watching or not sure what I mean, In the anime, they say "Maggie" when it's pronounced "Maji", which is entirely within Japanese phonology, they're just doinitrong Smiley: motz That said, the theme song is ******* awesome. Also, I'm enjoying Code:Breaker's anime too, even if Sakurakouji's voice is way to deep for her character. It makes sense in the early chapters' story, but once they get a bit further on, it's going to start to feel weird Smiley: lol
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#25 Oct 22 2012 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
The Jojo opening hints at going to part 6. David production is a small studio, and I fully believe they intend to pursue as long as it remains financially viable for them. The project could easily have cash flow problems causing it to be limited to part 1, but I don't believe that's the plan. The series has pretty amazing directing, and he does a great job of hiding the tiny budget they have for animation.
#26 Oct 22 2012 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Wondering about some of the less talked about shows...

Any love for Psycho-Pass or Shinsekai Yori? Those two seem to cover the fastest 50 minutes of my week.
I'm really interested in how Psycho-Pass will turn out given that it's an original show.

Also curious if anyone else actually watches Medaka. Certainly not a great or original show by any measure, but I find it entertaining (though something has changed from the first season...).
____________________________
Signature starts here.
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 34 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (34)