Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

So I like fairy tales.Follow

#1 Oct 23 2011 at 9:08 PM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Just watched "Once Upon a Time" on ABC. not too bad, if you like fairy tales. The plot is interesting. Anyone else watching?

I also have Grimm set up to tape. I have less hope for that one.
#2 Oct 23 2011 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
Gah, I knew there was something else that was starting on Sundays other than Walking Dead. I made a mental note, and it got erased due to playing video games...
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3 Oct 23 2011 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
I heard about this for the first time on the radio earlier today. I don't have cable, otherwise I'd consider checking it out.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#4 Oct 24 2011 at 12:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,913 posts
I just read stardust for the first time yesterday. It was better than the movie.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#5 Oct 24 2011 at 1:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,387 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I also have Grimm set up to tape. I have less hope for that one.
I keep forgetting to set that one to record. It'll probably be bad, but it does have potential.
#6 Oct 24 2011 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
******
49,821 posts
Is it anything like Tenth Kingdom? I enjoyed the miniseries quite a bit.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#7 Oct 24 2011 at 7:49 AM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Whichever one is combining fairy tales with NCIS/CSI/SVU/Random Forensics Acronym show makes me want to kill a TV writer.

I mean, really? Really??
#8 Oct 28 2011 at 5:22 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Whichever one is combining fairy tales with NCIS/CSI/SVU/Random Forensics Acronym show makes me want to kill a TV writer.

I mean, really? Really??


I think that's Grim. Where the guy is some sort of special "Grim" who can see/understand all the mystical stuff.

I caught the first episode of Once Upon a Time today on Demand. Seems interesting. I'll probably keep an eye on it. I thought Rumpelstiltskin kind of looked like Rush from SGU. Then later in the episode, without all the costume makeup on, it definitely was him.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#9 Oct 28 2011 at 7:33 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
Raising kids was a great excuse to indulge in fairy tales.

I watched Once Upon a Time. We'll have to see where it goes. I thought '28' was a weird age for Emma to come back except that it provides a decade for an annoying kid to grow up and ignite the whole story.


iddigory wrote:
I don't have cable, otherwise I'd consider checking it out.
It's on ABC.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#10 Oct 29 2011 at 12:36 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
Grimm aired today (last night, I guess). Seemed decent as well. Has a Haven feel to it. FBI guy thrown into a supernatural world by connections to his past he didn't know about. It's a male version of Audrey Parker.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#11 Oct 30 2011 at 9:36 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,379 posts
Grimm seems ok after the first episode. Worth giving a shot. Never heard of the other one.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#12 Oct 30 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Grimm seems ok after the first episode. Worth giving a shot. Never heard of the other one.


Yeah, just watched it last night. I was wary when I heard the premise, but it turned out pretty good. And the ending got me hooked, I think. Smiley: lol
#13 Oct 30 2011 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
I think I recorded it. I'll have to check and see.
#14 Nov 01 2011 at 8:03 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
I just watched the second episode of Once Upon a Time. I haven't been able to watch them when they actually come on, so I stick to On Demand.

Some things seem a bit lame to me (like a lot of the Dialogue between the characters), but then overall it's interesting enough to keep me wanting to watch.

It seems that Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin was immune to the curse (because he made it) and remembers everything, including the deal the Witch made with him. And it seems like he is going to be a good guy, which is odd from his usual portrayal. Of course he could be bad, but just using Emma for his own ends (probably). I can't imagine him wanting to go back to being locked in a jail under the castle. The Witch/Rumpelstiltskin conversation at the end of the episode was really good.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#15 Nov 01 2011 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
***
1,614 posts
TirithRR wrote:
I caught the first episode of Once Upon a Time today on Demand. Seems interesting. I'll probably keep an eye on it. I thought Rumpelstiltskin kind of looked like Rush from SGU. Then later in the episode, without all the costume makeup on, it definitely was him.

Tony Amendola plays Gepetto too. Now we just need Amanda Tapping to make a cameo as Sleeping Beauty.
____________________________
99 BLM / 99 BRD / 99 MNK / 99 WAR / 95 NPC
#16 Nov 08 2011 at 3:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,387 posts
Finally watched the couple episodes of Grimm on my DVR. Have to say, I think I'm gonna enjoy this one.
#17 Dec 06 2011 at 7:34 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
Anyone still watching Once Upon a Time? I'm liking it so far. I'm still not sure what Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin is up to though. Last episode, he helped out the Witch by getting Charming to remember his fake past. Seems he wants to keep the curse active, but be the one in power. I don't understand why he would purposefully choose Snow White's grandson for the witch to adopt if he doesn't want the curse broken though.

Grim is interesting enough. Seems to be moving kind of slow though. I haven't watched last week's episode yet. It wasn't on demand last night and there are Christmas specials of Eureka and Warehouse 13 on tonight.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#18 Dec 07 2011 at 7:24 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,379 posts
I don't think there was an episode of Grimm last week, either that or my dvr missed it.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#19 Dec 07 2011 at 11:14 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
I dunno. I thought I saw something about "3 bad wolves" as the title. But when I went through On Demand I didn't see anything, just the last episode dealing with the smelly guy who ate frogs. I just assumed I missed the episode.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#20 Dec 09 2011 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
Apparently there was an episode on Thursday at 10PM that I didn't know about. And another one right now on Friday.

What the **** are they doing?

Edit:
I need to upgrade to DVR service...

Edited, Dec 9th 2011 9:16pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#21 Dec 10 2011 at 2:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,387 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Apparently there was an episode on Thursday at 10PM that I didn't know about. And another one right now on Friday.

What the **** are they doing?

Edit:
I need to upgrade to DVR service...

Edited, Dec 9th 2011 9:16pm by TirithRR
Assuming you're still talking about Grimm, they run it on Hulu as well since you missed it.
#22 Dec 12 2011 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
I've been watching both, and I definitely like Once Upon a Time better. Grim is interesting, but after two episodes I just couldn't get that into it.

It's definitely interesting to see Mr. Gold/Rumpy in action though. At first you think he's going to help end the curse, then he seems actively invested in keeping it going. He's definitely an interesting character.

Also, I love the actress who plays the mayor/witch. She's really great at the 3 dimensional acting. There are times where I hate her, and times where I actually feel pity for her. It's a nice change from your typical villain.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#23 Dec 12 2011 at 10:50 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
Wonder Gem PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I've been watching both, and I definitely like Once Upon a Time better. Grim is interesting, but after two episodes I just couldn't get that into it.

It's definitely interesting to see Mr. Gold/Rumpy in action though. At first you think he's going to help end the curse, then he seems actively invested in keeping it going. He's definitely an interesting character.

Also, I love the actress who plays the mayor/witch. She's really great at the 3 dimensional acting. There are times where I hate her, and times where I actually feel pity for her. It's a nice change from your typical villain.
Yeah, the mayor is good. I think her character will provide the pivitol moment in the story. It'll probably be something like she'll need to make a choice; she'll have to choose between killing the kid to carry out her evil plan or not killing him and getting past all her hate.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#24 Dec 13 2011 at 5:48 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,906 posts
Elinda wrote:
Wonder Gem PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I've been watching both, and I definitely like Once Upon a Time better. Grim is interesting, but after two episodes I just couldn't get that into it.

It's definitely interesting to see Mr. Gold/Rumpy in action though. At first you think he's going to help end the curse, then he seems actively invested in keeping it going. He's definitely an interesting character.

Also, I love the actress who plays the mayor/witch. She's really great at the 3 dimensional acting. There are times where I hate her, and times where I actually feel pity for her. It's a nice change from your typical villain.
Yeah, the mayor is good. I think her character will provide the pivitol moment in the story. It'll probably be something like she'll need to make a choice; she'll have to choose between killing the kid to carry out her evil plan or not killing him and getting past all her hate.


We'll have to find out what it is she thinks Snow White did to her, or what Snow White actually did. They've stated bits and pieces, but I don't think we know exactly what it is. In the story, wasn't her only crime being more beautiful than the Witch? I think it's a little deeper this time around, but probably not something that Snow White purposefully did.

She does really love the kid though, but only as a replacement for her father, Henry. Does it mean any less when she's just using the kid as something to put all her love for her father, and guilt for killing her father, into?


Also: Why, in a town created by and control by the Queen, does there exist a book chronicling the entirety of the Storybook world history up to and including the Witch's Curse and the Prophecy about how it will be broken? Another of Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin's doings? Or the fairies that uncovered the tree to protect the one person they could send.

Edited, Dec 13th 2011 6:49am by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#25 Dec 13 2011 at 9:24 PM Rating: Good
TirithRR wrote:

We'll have to find out what it is she thinks Snow White did to her, or what Snow White actually did. They've stated bits and pieces, but I don't think we know exactly what it is. In the story, wasn't her only crime being more beautiful than the Witch? I think it's a little deeper this time around, but probably not something that Snow White purposefully did.


Yeah, that's something I've been curious about too. I'm very eager to find out what the thing is.

Also, boo for having to wait almost an entire month until a new episode. Smiley: glare

Edited, Dec 13th 2011 8:25pm by PigtailsOfDoom
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#26 Dec 21 2011 at 9:58 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,550 posts
So I watched both of these and I gotta say, I am a much bigger fan of Once Upon a Time.

The story has a nice subtlety to it because you don't know concretely for a while if all this is actually happening or if the little boy is just seeing things. (Although to be fair if it was all in his head, I'd make for a crap ending)

Grimm on the other hand was like "I AM YOUR MOTHER, I HAVE CANCER, HERE IS A SECRECT, BLAAARGH I AM SLAIN"
____________________________
Mindel wrote:
Don't listen to bisexuals.
Aripyanfar wrote:
All bi's are ****-tarts.
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)