Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Naruto is winding downFollow

#27 Jul 15 2011 at 1:41 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
This was awesome.

This is not.

So he's just permanently not a shinigami anymore? LAME.

They better figure out a way to bring back the old outfit (or similar). Because it was kickass.

[EDIT]

Zangetsu isn't gone for good, is he? D: D: D:

Edited, Jul 15th 2011 3:41am by idiggory
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#28 Jul 15 2011 at 1:49 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
F*ck it, I'll start reading it. There are enough unanswered questions left that it should at least keep my interest for a while. If it continues to suck, I'll drop it (like I did Naruto).

As it stands, jumpsuit Ichigo doesn't infuriate me nearly as much as Sasuke did...
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#29 Jul 15 2011 at 2:01 AM Rating: Good
****
5,599 posts
The good thing about Naruto right now is that we haven't seen Sasuke in a long time, and likely won't until the Zombie arc is over.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#30 Jul 15 2011 at 2:55 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
Quote:
The good thing about Naruto right now is that we haven't seen Sasuke in a long time, and likely won't until the Zombie arc is over.


I lol'd. But it's probably true. I stopped reading when I realized I 100% didn't want to read the Sasuke panels anymore, because he was always doing something annoying. After the Pein battle ended, and they were setting up a Sasuke story I was like "Yep, I'm done!"

Plus, is he even powerful? At all? I mean, he has one of the worst battle histories in the entire series, but they always make him out to be some genius fighter. But it seems that he's always been horribly maimed even in the battles he's won. The only exception I can think of is the Orochimaru fight, and considering that was a sneak attack on a sick person in bed...

Itachi fight? I just felt sorry for him the whole time...

Even his fight with Killer Bee was a joke. If they didn't use ridiculous plot devices to keep him alive, he would have died 2-3 times.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#31 Jul 15 2011 at 6:26 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,911 posts
catwho wrote:
You left out Sakura's only point of development in the entire first half of the manga, in which she offers to run away with Sasuke, but he tells her she's a stupid ***** and leaves her behind. She then makes Naruto promise to "bring him back." The second half of the manga thus follows up with Sakura trying to figure out wtf she ever saw in Sasuke to begin with, sort halfway falling for Naruto instead, confessing her love to Naruto and trying to go kill Sasuke on her own, and utterly totally failing. Naruto is still determined to keep his promise to Sakura and rescue Sasuke, even though Sasuke is long since past the Moral Event Horizon.

Well, sorta wrong. She never halfway fell for Naruto. She was very explicitly lying to him so that she would give up what she thought was his quest to retrieve Sasuke for her sake. However, Naruto wasn't attempting to retrieve Sasuke for her sake, but for his own.

That's also not why the final fight will be between the two.

The narrative framework of Naruto's fight is a quest against hatred. Pain's attack on Hidden Leaf was because of hatred, The villages couldn't work together before because of hatred, and Sasuke is entirely consumed and driven by hatred. The final climax will be the confrontation with Sasuke because Sasuke represents NAruto's goal. Once Naruto is able to overcome Sasuke's hate, it will be a representation of him defeating hatred as a whole in the story, which is the point of the entire second half of Naruto.
idiggory wrote:
Plus, is he even powerful? At all? I mean, he has one of the worst battle histories in the entire series, but they always make him out to be some genius fighter. But it seems that he's always been horribly maimed even in the battles he's won.

Yes, he is a powerful character in the story, and no he has far from a bad battle history. He has pretty much won every fight he's been in since the second half started, and in all of those he was murdering some of the most powerful characters in the Naruto universe, so you'll have to excuse him if he gets beat up a little. He killed Orochimaru (the big bad of the first half), He killed Deidara, He killed Itachi, he took on one of the most powerful Jinchuriki in the series (who did manage to escape, but just barely), he took on all the kages and lived, and lastly he killed Danzo.
#32 Jul 15 2011 at 7:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Allegory wrote:
catwho wrote:
You left out Sakura's only point of development in the entire first half of the manga, in which she offers to run away with Sasuke, but he tells her she's a stupid ***** and leaves her behind. She then makes Naruto promise to "bring him back." The second half of the manga thus follows up with Sakura trying to figure out wtf she ever saw in Sasuke to begin with, sort halfway falling for Naruto instead, confessing her love to Naruto and trying to go kill Sasuke on her own, and utterly totally failing. Naruto is still determined to keep his promise to Sakura and rescue Sasuke, even though Sasuke is long since past the Moral Event Horizon.

Well, sorta wrong. She never halfway fell for Naruto. She was very explicitly lying to him so that she would give up what she thought was his quest to retrieve Sasuke for her sake. However, Naruto wasn't attempting to retrieve Sasuke for her sake, but for his own.

That's also not why the final fight will be between the two.

The narrative framework of Naruto's fight is a quest against hatred. Pain's attack on Hidden Leaf was because of hatred, The villages couldn't work together before because of hatred, and Sasuke is entirely consumed and driven by hatred. The final climax will be the confrontation with Sasuke because Sasuke represents NAruto's goal. Once Naruto is able to overcome Sasuke's hate, it will be a representation of him defeating hatred as a whole in the story, which is the point of the entire second half of Naruto.
idiggory wrote:
Plus, is he even powerful? At all? I mean, he has one of the worst battle histories in the entire series, but they always make him out to be some genius fighter. But it seems that he's always been horribly maimed even in the battles he's won.

Yes, he is a powerful character in the story, and no he has far from a bad battle history. He has pretty much won every fight he's been in since the second half started, and in all of those he was murdering some of the most powerful characters in the Naruto universe, so you'll have to excuse him if he gets beat up a little. He killed Orochimaru (the big bad of the first half), He killed Deidara, He killed Itachi, he took on one of the most powerful Jinchuriki in the series (who did manage to escape, but just barely), he took on all the kages and lived, and lastly he killed Danzo.


The disastrous "confession" aside, (in which the manga-ka Kishimoto, btw, said Sakura was actually telling the truth but for the wrong reasons, which is why Naruto called her on the bullsh*t) it's definitely true that Sakura is beginning to wonder what the **** is wrong with her still liking Sasuke at all. The latest panel to cause a stir is the first page of chapter 540, in which Sakura is presented with the thought "anyone you like must be a great guy." We get a very disturbing image in the background, with Sakura looking vaguely upset. That's not the look of someone who is still deeply in love with someone she believes can be redeemed; it's more like the hopeless look of someone in an abusive relationship. Sasuke is a lot of things, but a great guy is not one of them.

Naruto's love quandrangle is not as complex as some shounen manga. Hinato's one-sided love is doomed to be unrequited, and she actually seems okay with that. Naruto is still crushing like mad on Sakura, although he's put aside his childish feelings to focus on protecting Konoha. Sasuke is gonna end up dead, or riding off into the sunset, or whatever. He can't be a productive member of Konoha any more, even if he does end up turning out to be an unlikely hero and one-upping Naruto by defeating Maura. That leaves Sakura to sort out her tangle of feelings - for Sasuke, who abandoned her, or Naruto, who never once doubted her.


Edited, Jul 15th 2011 9:00pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#33 Jul 15 2011 at 10:51 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,599 posts
I agreed with what you said up until:

Allegory wrote:
Yes, he is a powerful character in the story, and no he has far from a bad battle history. He has pretty much won every fight he's been in since the second half started, and in all of those he was murdering some of the most powerful characters in the Naruto universe, so you'll have to excuse him if he gets beat up a little. He killed Orochimaru (the big bad of the first half), He killed Deidara, He killed Itachi, he took on one of the most powerful Jinchuriki in the series (who did manage to escape, but just barely), he took on all the kages and lived, and lastly he killed Danzo.


Many of those fights he got away with from sheer luck. And by luck, I mean plot armor. I understand what Kishimoto's doing with the hatred vs unification motif, and how Sasuke fits into that. Thus, he needs to stay alive.

But that's no excuse to have him only survive by invoking Mary Sue-ness.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#34 Jul 15 2011 at 10:55 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
I think my favorite was when Juugo leached his own life force into him. Which was gross. And didn't Suigetsu do something to keep him alive? Or was that Karin?

REALLY?
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#35 Jul 17 2011 at 8:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
So, Should I be catching back up on either this or Bleach, Allegory?
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#36 Jul 17 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,926 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
So, Should I be catching back up on either this or Bleach, Allegory?


I'm curious about Allegory's response too actually, but I'ld say definitely Naruto.

And Bleach.

Just read both, although to be honest, Bleach does seem to be a bit more nonsensical.
(just imo)
____________________________


#37 Jul 18 2011 at 2:59 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,911 posts
I guess that depends on what you're looking for from either of the mangas.

Naruto is unquestionably the better story, but honestly story isn't everything. There's certainly plenty of mangas available with better stories than either series. I think Naruto also has more interesting fights and abilities. However if you're looking for a very pure battle manga, Bleach does it better. Bleach is simple, but because it follows unfaltering along the DBZ path of strength progression and killing enemies in order of their power, it works. When the Arrancar are introduced I was genuinely curious about their ranks. It may be an arbitrary and completely unrealistic concept, but their is an appeal to it.
#38 Jul 19 2011 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
******
49,737 posts
Could always use fresh blood on the Bleach Rage Thread.

Hajime no Ippo is a good, loooooooooong read.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#39 Jul 19 2011 at 12:45 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Could always use fresh blood on the Bleach Rage Thread.

Hajime no Ippo is a good, loooooooooong read.


I can't get into Hajime no Ippo. Don't like the art, don't like the plot, don't like boxing...
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#40 Jul 19 2011 at 2:44 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,737 posts
You've got bad taste.

Though, admittedly, the fight before last really did take a lot out of me. It lasted like a hundred chapters. Smiley: mad
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#41 Jul 19 2011 at 4:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
Quote:
Though, admittedly, the fight before last really did take a lot out of me. It lasted like a hundred chapters.


Holy ****, that's almost half as long as it takes for a conversation to complete in Naruto...
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#42 Jul 20 2011 at 12:18 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
Ichigo


I'm too lazy to actually edit that onto a white background, so use your imagination.

Actually, nvm. Dunno how it is on other backgrounds, but looks decent on WoW classic. :P

Edited, Jul 20th 2011 2:19am by idiggory
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#43 Jul 20 2011 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Looks good to me :P.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#44 Jul 20 2011 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
I'm actually sad they didn't work in the final getsuga form though. Would have been best if that was between the last ichigo and the hollow, with the last ichigo lacking a zanpakutou.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#45 Jul 27 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
******
49,737 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory wrote:
There was this ridiculous scene with a raven forcing itself down Naruto's throat...
I'll put money on whatever it is, it'll show up when Naruto fights Zombie Itachi in a few chapters.
Ha ha, I feel dirty over this.


No reason to spoiler, I just like how they look now.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#46 Jul 27 2011 at 11:16 PM Rating: Good
****
5,599 posts
So, yeah. lolgaxe called it.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#47 Jul 27 2011 at 11:43 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,911 posts
I don't even remember that.
#48 Jul 28 2011 at 7:24 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,737 posts
Neither did I.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#49 Oct 12 2011 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,911 posts
So, who is Tobi really?
#50 Oct 12 2011 at 9:35 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,737 posts
Don Kanonji
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#51 Oct 12 2011 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
****
5,599 posts
Well, that was a good plot twist.

Also,

Quote:
So, who is Tobi really?


Tobi is a bad boy.

Edited, Oct 12th 2011 5:14pm by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (56)