Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

FLCL on netflix!Follow

#1 May 06 2011 at 6:22 PM Rating: Good
wooooo!
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#2 May 07 2011 at 2:21 AM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Is there a reason why I should watch the dub if I watched the sub already?
#3 May 07 2011 at 2:27 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,958 posts
Paskil wrote:
Is there a reason why I should watch the dub if I watched the sub already?
No, but you should listen to these for some reason:

Lain's theme
One more time, one more chance (Eminence orchestra version)

And lolrandom.

Edited, May 7th 2011 2:28am by Kirby
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#4 May 07 2011 at 3:32 AM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Paskil wrote:
Is there a reason why I should watch the dub if I watched the sub already?
No, but you should listen to these for some reason:

Lain's theme
One more time, one more chance (Eminence orchestra version)


First is good. Second is ******* excellent. I just bought this dude's album: The Icarus Kid. He's a pretty cool guy, jumped on his minecraft server and had a good time.

My two favorites from the album:
Benny and Clyde. The real goodness kicks in at 3:20.
Maru Mari.

He also has what I think to be the best Nyan Cat remix on the internet. He didn't just remix the tune, but he rebuilt it from scratch.

I heart River City Ransom
#5 May 07 2011 at 3:35 AM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Of course, that isn't saying much for nyan cat since most of the remixes are dubstep. Dubstep is ******* garbage.
#6 May 07 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I'd watch it if PSN wasn't borked.
____________________________
Banh
#7 May 07 2011 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,347 posts
Spoonless the Silent wrote:
I'd watch it if PSN wasn't borked.


You can still access Netflix on PS3, just keep going through the sign in part until it loads completely.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#8 May 07 2011 at 10:09 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,697 posts
Paskil wrote:
Is there a reason why I should watch the dub if I watched the sub already?


FLCL is one of the few shows that actually has a good dub. And at a length of 6 episodes it's one of the most perfect animes to rewatch when you want to waste time.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#9 May 07 2011 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Spoonless the Silent wrote:
I'd watch it if PSN wasn't borked.


You can still access Netflix on PS3, just keep going through the sign in part until it loads completely.


^

You have to try and sign in twice and fail, but Netflix will load and you can still watch stuffs :3

I watched Body Modifications also last night (documentary). It was wicket.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#10 May 08 2011 at 2:26 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Spoonless the Silent wrote:
I'd watch it if PSN wasn't borked.


You can still access Netflix on PS3, just keep going through the sign in part until it loads completely.


^

You have to try and sign in twice and fail, but Netflix will load and you can still watch stuffs :3

I watched Body Modifications also last night (documentary). It was wicket.
I'm aware. Once I'm in Netflix (having had the sign-in fail), when I try to actually watch something, it gives me a message saying that Netflix is having trouble contacting PSN or something. I click OK, and try again. I did this for a half our or 45 minutes or so, and was unable to watch anything. Apparently some versions of the Netflix app don't work right now.

Edited, May 8th 2011 4:26am by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#11 May 08 2011 at 5:33 AM Rating: Good
Oh then yea that sucks.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#12 May 09 2011 at 8:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,346 posts
FLCL is pretty awesome. A local library has disc 1 and 2....but no 3. I have no idea why, and not like it's checked out, like they just don't have it. I'm sure I could request it, but I don't know why you would stop at 2 and not get 3.
#13 May 09 2011 at 10:49 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,084 posts
Hyolith wrote:
FLCL is pretty awesome. A local library has disc 1 and 2....but no 3. I have no idea why, and not like it's checked out, like they just don't have it. I'm sure I could request it, but I don't know why you would stop at 2 and not get 3.


Probably was a donated item, so maybe disc 3 was not included, or disc 3 was damaged sometime prior and no longer in their collection.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#14 May 18 2011 at 10:59 PM Rating: Good
Gurren Lagann is on there too. A friend recommended it, so I watched it. Starts off slow & the mech designs are outrageous, but overall I enjoyed it.

Especially the 2nd act.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CST
Omegavegeta, Timelordwho, Anonymous Guests (27)