Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Mass Effect Animated MovieFollow

#1 Apr 07 2011 at 1:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,570 posts
http://blog.funimation.com/2011/04/ea-and-funimation-entertainment-announce-mass-effect-anime-movie-deal/

Quote:
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– BioWare™, a division of leading video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and FUNimation® Entertainment, the leading distributor of Japanese animation in North America, announced today an agreement to create an anime feature film adapted from one of the video game industry’s most revered franchises, Mass Effect™. Tokyo-based anime and international feature film production company T.O Entertainment, Inc. has signed on as a co-producer on the video. Based on the Mass Effect universe, the anime video will tell the tale of an epic science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets.

Casey Hudson of BioWare, executive producer of the Mass Effect series, will serve as executive producer on the film, along with FUNimation President and CEO Gen ******** and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes and T.O Entertainment’s CEO Takeichi Honda and Yui Shibata.

“Over the last few years, we have revealed different pieces of the Mass Effect world through different media. Extending the story through an anime medium is another amazing opportunity for us,” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer for the Mass Effect series. “Partnering with FUNimation ensures that we will bring this rich universe to life with the utmost quality and the same attention to detail that the Mass Effect games are known for.”

“It is thanks to the enormous and passionate Mass Effect fan base that this movie is made possible,” said Gen ********* President & CEO of FUNimation. “With production underway on the Dragon Age video, we are excited to team up with another BioWare team to add an exciting new chapter to this vast sci-fi world.”

Production of the Mass Effect anime movie has already begun. Digital and home video releases are scheduled for the summer of 2012.
Done well, I feel it could be the most awesome thing to happen in 2012.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#2 Apr 07 2011 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,116 posts
Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck!

Anime? Really?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#3 Apr 07 2011 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,279 posts
The Dead Space movies were decent.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4 Apr 07 2011 at 2:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,968 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Done well, I feel it could be the most awesome thing to happen in 2012.


OHAITHAR, end of the world Smiley: lol
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#5 Apr 07 2011 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
They did make an animated Halo movie... I guess there's a market for this kind of thing now?
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#6 Apr 07 2011 at 3:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,279 posts
xypin wrote:
They did make an animated Halo movie... I guess there's a market for this kind of thing now?


It wasn't so much a movie as a bunch of short stories from different animation companies tossed together, like "The AniMatrix". The Dante's Inferno movie is a better comparison, even though it was made by multiple animation companies it was a single complete story.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#7 Apr 07 2011 at 3:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
15,803 posts
EA: How do we make more money off this IP?
Satan: Cartoons.
EA: Brilliant! Here you go, as promised, 10 000 virgin souls who are also, ironically, our customers.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#8 Apr 07 2011 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,279 posts
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
EA: How do we make more money off this IP?
Satan: Cartoons.
EA: Brilliant! Here you go, as promised, 10 000 virgin souls who are also, ironically, our customers.


Satan: Keep them, it's on the house. By the way you can sell them back to your customers as DLC for the Dante's Inferno game. Enjoy the profit!
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#9 Apr 08 2011 at 1:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,570 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
EA: How do we make more money off this IP?
Satan: Cartoons.
EA: Brilliant! Here you go, as promised, 10 000 virgin souls who are also, ironically, our customers.


Satan: Keep them, it's on the house. By the way you can sell them back to your customers as DLC for the Dante's Inferno game. Enjoy the profit!
They would do that, wouldn't they? Smiley: laugh

LockeColeMA wrote:
OHAITHAR, end of the world Smiley: lol
At least I'll never get to experience the horrors of turning 30 and being olde like Nixnot.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#10 Apr 08 2011 at 6:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,968 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:


LockeColeMA wrote:
OHAITHAR, end of the world Smiley: lol
At least I'll never get to experience the horrors of turning 30 and being olde like Nixnot.


Just don't go to the apocalypse unshowered!
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 33 All times are in CDT
idiggory, Jophiel, Anonymous Guests (31)