Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Angel Beats! 2nd TermFollow

#1 Mar 14 2011 at 11:23 PM Rating: Excellent
So apparently a new season of Angel Beats! (titled in the subject) is going to start airing next month, and yet there seems to be little to no information about it. Has anyone else heard something about this? I am cautiously optimistic, as I loved the first season, but without so much as a hint of what the plot will be...
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#2 Mar 14 2011 at 11:35 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,958 posts
Oh cool. I'm looking forward to it.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#3 Mar 15 2011 at 12:38 AM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Cautious optimism is as good as anything. I need to stop watching ongoing shows though, they're really throwing my schedule out of whack.
#4 Mar 15 2011 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Haven't heard anything about it, and I'm not sure if I'd be happy with another Angel Beats! show, mostly because the first one was perfect as it was.
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#5 Mar 15 2011 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,506 posts
I don't know what to think... I thought the first season ended perfectly (and didn't leave much room for a 2nd season). Also, I hadn't heard anything about this. >_>

edit: You did compel me to listen to the OP and ED to the first season though, which I thank you for. Those were both great songs.



Edited, Mar 15th 2011 10:03am by Vataro
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#6 Mar 15 2011 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
I agree, the first season did end perfectly, and that's another reason I'm so confused. Is it going to follow Otonashi and Tenshi in the real world, or ignore the old characters completely and focus on new characters in Purgatory (more likely imo)? I'm just not sure what to think.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#7 Mar 18 2011 at 6:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,948 posts
Just watched the series (er, first season?) this week. Holy hell, can't believe I hadn't seen it up until now! What a great series! Loved the ending.

I think it might be based off the alternate ending, where Otonashi stayed behind alone.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#8 Apr 03 2011 at 10:23 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Just watched the series (er, first season?) this week. Holy hell, can't believe I hadn't seen it up until now! What a great series! Loved the ending.

I think it might be based off the alternate ending, where Otonashi stayed behind alone.


Meh, still, where can they go with it from here and make it anywhere near the original? I don't think they could really top his relationship with Kanade.
#9 Apr 03 2011 at 10:31 PM Rating: Good
***
2,192 posts
Paskil wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Just watched the series (er, first season?) this week. Holy hell, can't believe I hadn't seen it up until now! What a great series! Loved the ending.

I think it might be based off the alternate ending, where Otonashi stayed behind alone.


Meh, still, where can they go with it from here and make it anywhere near the original? I don't think they could really top his relationship with Kanade.


This I recently watched it myself, the ending was pretty straight forward while being semi-ambiguous, but didn't leave much to an opening for a sequel. Maybe how everyone finds the others in the 'real world' or Heaven depending on how you interpret the ending. Or possibly just a new crew, which will probably fall on its face if that happens. Here to hoping its good.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2011 11:32pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#10 Apr 03 2011 at 10:42 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Ashes to Ashes was a sequel to Life on Mars, that managed to be just as good, if not better than the original, while at the same time totally moving on from two of the main characters in the original. The sequel inhabited the same universe and had a similar but different story. Characteristics of the old story were revisited, but the sequel developed it's own characteristic and dynamic.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#11 Apr 03 2011 at 11:03 PM Rating: Good
Aripyanfar wrote:
Ashes to Ashes was a sequel to Life on Mars, that managed to be just as good, if not better than the original, while at the same time totally moving on from two of the main characters in the original. The sequel inhabited the same universe and had a similar but different story. Characteristics of the old story were revisited, but the sequel developed it's own characteristic and dynamic.
I've seen some series do similar things and pull them off well, and just as many completely fail at it. To be honest, with this series I don't want it to take this route. If it does, AND is good, then fine, but personally I would rather stick with the old cast if possible.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#12 Apr 03 2011 at 11:15 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,506 posts
possibly related

Also, I rewatched the last episode of AB tonight and still cried :(.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#13 Apr 03 2011 at 11:42 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Vataro wrote:
possibly related

Also, I rewatched the last episode of AB tonight and still cried :(.

Geez, spoiler alert link!
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#14 Apr 04 2011 at 12:28 AM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Vataro wrote:
possibly related

Also, I rewatched the last episode of AB tonight and still cried :(.

Geez, spoiler alert link!


Com'n now. We're talking about a second season of a show, you should know better, yo. I keep missing all this extra content **** Didn't realize there was a bonus episode of Mitsudomoe on the home release. Thanks for linking this. Might not actually be so bad if the alternate links into the second season. Still only cautiously optimistic.
#15 Apr 04 2011 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
I took one look at teh Youtube title and shut it down. I haven't seen Angel Beats, but you all sounded so admiring of it, that I have been moved to try it out in the near future.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#16 Apr 04 2011 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,506 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
I took one look at teh Youtube title and shut it down. I haven't seen Angel Beats, but you all sounded so admiring of it, that I have been moved to try it out in the near future.


Sorry, but I don't think a spoiler alert is necessary when I labeled something as "possibly related" in a thread talking about the 2nd season of the anime. :P
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#17 Apr 04 2011 at 1:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,948 posts
Vataro wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
I took one look at teh Youtube title and shut it down. I haven't seen Angel Beats, but you all sounded so admiring of it, that I have been moved to try it out in the near future.


Sorry, but I don't think a spoiler alert is necessary when I labeled something as "possibly related" in a thread talking about the 2nd season of the anime. :P


Especially when my post before said exactly what is shown in that link.

(It makes no sense unless you've seen the series though)
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#18 Apr 06 2011 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
I hate you guys. I've just finished episode 7 and I've been crying intermittently through the last four episodes or so.

Edited, Apr 6th 2011 1:23pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#19 Apr 06 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
Aripyanfar wrote:
I hate you guys. I've just finished episode 7 and I've been crying intermittently through the last four episodes or so.

Edited, Apr 6th 2011 1:23pm by Aripyanfar
SHOW ME YOUR MANLY TEARS.

Screenshot
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#20 Apr 07 2011 at 6:46 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,506 posts
Actually, Ari gets to shed womanly tears, being a woman.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#21 Apr 07 2011 at 7:34 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Sometimes I fantasise I'm a guy.

I have a horrible feeling I'd be a really girly man though. T.T

But there are some straight women and **** men out there I wish I could please.

I am recouping my emotional energy before I watch more episodes. Also, why are the baddies always the most attractively drawn/voiced/portrayed/written characters? I mean, not ALWAYS. But SO OFTEN the bad guys are the most charismatic. What is up with that?
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#22 Apr 07 2011 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
I find that it is easier (and safer) to assume everyone on the internet is male until told otherwise. [:shrug:]
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#23 Apr 07 2011 at 10:02 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
The first two years I posted on Allakazham I didn't let anyone know my sex. It was my observation that the openly female posters were automatically liked more, but that the openly male posters were automatically respected and listened to more.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#24 Apr 07 2011 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,506 posts
What about the openly **** male posters?
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#25 Apr 07 2011 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
This has always been a **** friendly place since the time I started reading here.

No-one hates Tailmon cause she's a tranny. There's a few straight males that don't understand that she's a she even though she still has a **** as part of her physical body. But I hardly remember anyone being hostile to gays, and if they were, they were quickly stomped all over by the regulars and the admins.

A long time ago, there were two gays who started flirting back and forth in almost every thread in the OOT, and a lot of other posters told them they were sick of it, take it elsewhere. And the two stopped. Which I think was a shame, because I found that particular instance pretty funny, and everyone else stopped with the flirty stuff in the OOT too. And I think it's a more boring place without the public flirtations.

I'm trying to think how other posters seem to take the **** male posters. You know, I think it might be sort of half-way between how they take females and how they take males. Other posters lean towards liking the gays a bit faster/more than the straight men, and according them more respect/listening to them more than the women, but not as much as they automatically respect/listen to a straight man.

This is a bit tricky, because I haven't been in the information swapping game forums for a very long time, and I don't remember seeing many posts by the gays in the Asylum, which is political heavy. So I don't think I have much to go on about other posters responding to gays talking about serious business.

Edited, Apr 7th 2011 2:43pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#26 Apr 07 2011 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,506 posts
Quote:

I'm trying to think how other posters seem to take the **** male posters. You know, I think it might be sort of half-way between how they take females and how they take males. Other posters lean towards liking the gays a bit faster/more than the straight men, and according them more respect/listening to them more than the women, but not as much as they automatically respect/listen to a straight man.


It was a trick question. The answer is that we like them better than the males and females combined.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#27 Apr 07 2011 at 6:14 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
The more you know...Smiley: schooled
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#28 Apr 08 2011 at 6:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,948 posts
Just wanted to add, Girls Dead Monster has some pretty awesome music. No idea what they're saying, but it's making my morning a lot of fun and confusing anyone who comes into my office! Smiley: grin
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#29 Apr 08 2011 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Confusion To The Enemy!
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#30 Apr 08 2011 at 7:02 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Ari wrote:
The first two years I posted on Allakazham I didn't let anyone know my sex. It was my observation that the openly female posters were automatically liked more, but that the openly male posters were automatically respected and listened to more.


I like this post, but I don't respect it.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#31 Apr 09 2011 at 1:55 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Har-de-har.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (16)