Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Kore wa Zombie rate me down ka?Follow

#1 Jan 17 2011 at 1:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,371 posts
Pretty funny thus far. Anyone else check it out already?

Basicness: He was killed by a serial killer. Then resurrected to become a zombie. And then he becomes a chainsaw wielding magical girl of some kind.
#2 Jan 17 2011 at 1:30 PM Rating: Good
****
5,723 posts
Ha ha. I see desu still filters into 'rate me down.'
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#3 Jan 17 2011 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,371 posts
I'm gonna leave it for the lulz.
#4 Jan 17 2011 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
The show amused me and I expect to get a few good laughs from this series, should be a good comedy.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#5 Jan 17 2011 at 6:48 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Show is amazing. Thanks for pointing it out. Smiley: lol
#6 Jan 18 2011 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
I think your title is pure win Smiley: lol
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#7 Jan 18 2011 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
******
49,735 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
And then he becomes a chainsaw wielding magical girl of some kind.
I'm convinced.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#8 Jan 18 2011 at 11:44 AM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
And then he becomes a chainsaw wielding magical girl of some kind.
I'm convinced.


I totally thought he was mistaken and meant she or something, but right near the end of the episode my jaw dropped and laughed quite a bit. Show is shiny as well. Really, really shiny. Seems like a very promising show.

It seems like only the first episode so far is subbed. Is this correct or was I just not looking hard enough?
#9 Jan 18 2011 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I watched the first two episodes on Crunchyroll. This show looks very promising, and I'm looking forward to more of it.

If you don't want to use Crunchyroll (they of course require a premium membership for the latest episodes... but I just happened to have a 30 day free trial activated recently), try here.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#10 Jan 18 2011 at 12:47 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Yeah I answered my own question when I went to the Facebook page.
#11 Jan 19 2011 at 8:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Watched this last night with a non-otaku friend. Conversation pieces from him included:

"Why do they show the girl's panties? Is it supposed to arouse the audience?"
"You called it a Pedobear. What's a Pedobear?"
"As a med student I don't like this. If he could hit something that hard, his muscles would explode."
"Ok, his arm broke. I like it now."
"WHAAAAT? So he's a tranny zombie?"
"Let's watch more episodes!"
Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#12 Jan 19 2011 at 6:31 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,911 posts
I also watched the first episode. At the very least the show is an equal opportunity gender offender.

While I like it for being over the top, I'm displeased that it doesn't play the archetypes it's parodying any different than how they would normally be played out. Doing something ironically isn't funny when it's indistinguishable from the real thing. A bad joke told knowing it's a bad joke isn't a good joke.

Edited, Jan 19th 2011 6:32pm by Allegory
#13 Jan 20 2011 at 1:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,371 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
"Why do they show the girl's panties? Is it supposed to arouse the audience?"
"You called it a Pedobear. What's a Pedobear?"
"As a med student I don't like this. If he could hit something that hard, his muscles would explode."
"Ok, his arm broke. I like it now."
"WHAAAAT? So he's a tranny zombie?"
"Let's watch more episodes!"
Smiley: laugh

Allegory wrote:
A bad joke told knowing it's a bad joke isn't a good joke.
You and I obviously have different senses of humor. A bad joke can be funnier than a good joke if done right.
#14 Feb 21 2011 at 8:17 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Santa gets a makeover.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#15 Feb 22 2011 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,911 posts
So I just saw episode 6. Wow, the show just suddenly got hard core. To jump from a gag comedy right into a dark drama was incredibly jarring. Cliche plot? Sure, but a near perfect execution. Genuinely creepy.

Edited, Feb 22nd 2011 1:46am by Allegory
#16 Feb 22 2011 at 2:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,371 posts
Allegory wrote:
So I just saw episode 6. Wow, the show just suddenly got hard core. To jump from a gag comedy right into a dark drama was incredibly jarring. Cliche plot? Sure, but a near perfect execution. Genuinely creepy.
Indeed. That episode was effing awesome.

The next one sounds like it brings the silly back(based on the episode summary on Wikipedia).
#17 Feb 22 2011 at 2:02 AM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
Episode #7 was awesome.

"You need a string to spin it, and that's where String Theory comes from."
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#18 Feb 22 2011 at 2:14 AM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Amazing show is amazing. Episode 5/6 was flawless.
#19 Feb 22 2011 at 2:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,371 posts
Okay, so the title of episode 9 scares me a lot, considering this show being what it is.

"Yes, I'm a Great Stripper"
#20 Feb 22 2011 at 9:44 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Episode #7 was awesome.

"You need a string to spin it, and that's where String Theory comes from."


Agreed.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#21 Mar 14 2011 at 6:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Oh, look what just came out on mangafox!

Haven't read it yet, but thought I'd post it if anyone else likes to read the mangas as well Smiley: grin
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#22 Mar 14 2011 at 9:32 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Oh, look what just came out on mangafox!

Haven't read it yet, but thought I'd post it if anyone else likes to read the mangas as well Smiley: grin


Awesome, thanks!
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#23 Mar 14 2011 at 5:04 PM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Screenshot


That is all. Well, that and Haruna is on the way in the mail (assuming it made it out of Japan before the earthquake).

Edit: Hmmm, for some reason I thought this was /k/. Smiley: frown

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 6:07pm by Paskil
#24 Mar 14 2011 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
Paskil wrote:
Edit: Hmmm, for some reason I thought this was /k/. Smiley: frown

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 6:07pm by Paskil
Maybe it is?
Screenshot
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#25 Mar 14 2011 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Paskil wrote:
Edit: Hmmm, for some reason I thought this was /k/. Smiley: frown

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 6:07pm by Paskil
Maybe it is?
Screenshot


Oh Konata, what would we do without you?

Lucky Star figures are ridiculously expensive. Smiley: glare

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 6:28pm by Paskil
#26 Mar 14 2011 at 9:33 PM Rating: Good
Paskil wrote:
Screenshot


That is all. Well, that and Haruna is on the way in the mail (assuming it made it out of Japan before the earthquake).

Edit: Hmmm, for some reason I thought this was /k/. Smiley: frown

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 6:07pm by Paskil
Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol

I WANT THAT EU.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (50)