Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Dexter Season 5Follow

#1 Nov 02 2010 at 6:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
*****
15,952 posts
OMG I'm just dying waiting for each new episode to come out. It was pretty clear as soon as he met Lumen what he'd wind up doing for a while, but the scriptwriters sure stretched out getting him to accept that responsibility/activity. Tonight was the warehouse episode for me, and I was on tenterhooks for half the episode with tension and excitement. I'm being kept on the edge of my seat with Dexter being in so much peril of being caught so often.

Poor Dex, can't he catch a break with one nice satisfying and properly disposed of kill?

Debra Morgan and Lt Maria Laguerta are as intense and fascinating to watch as ever.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2 Nov 02 2010 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
I'm just waiting for him to totally hit that.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#3 Nov 02 2010 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Poor Dex, can't he catch a break with one nice satisfying and properly disposed of kill?


I mostly just feel bad for Debra and her men. I mean, let's see. There was the ice truck killer who was using her to get to Dex. Then there was Lundy, who left the show. Then there was Antoine who got all cut up by another perp. Then there was Lundy again, who got shot by Trinity. Now Quinn (what the ****?? He's hot, but he's a ****!) who just wants to put Dexter away.

I mean, ****, give the girl a break!!

Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
I'm just waiting for him to totally hit that.


My first thought about Lumen was, "Well, there you go. Now you have a new nanny!"
#4 Nov 02 2010 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
*****
15,952 posts
Morgan seems to have self-esteem issues. That interferes with choosing good and stable men.

I'm just wondering if the scriptwriters are setting up Lumen to die tragically, but in peace, after she's got her last man, or setting her up as the female half of "Mr & Mrs Smith". Oo, oo, they might have her get increasingly unstable and blowing Dexter's cover, and Dex has to sadly but firmly take her out. Or maybe he'll get her all trained up in The Code (Yarr, they be more like guidelines), they'll bag her kills, and then he'll wave her off into the sunset, off to her own happy hunting grounds away from his.

Edited, Nov 2nd 2010 10:39am by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#5 Nov 02 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
I'm just waiting for him to totally hit that.


My first thought about Lumen was, "Well, there you go. Now you have a new nanny!"


Seriously? Hot blonde who Dexter can be himself around and you thought "nanny"?

Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#6 Nov 02 2010 at 12:02 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,646 posts
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
I'm just waiting for him to totally hit that.


My first thought about Lumen was, "Well, there you go. Now you have a new nanny!"


Seriously? Hot blonde who Dexter can be himself around and you thought "nanny"?

Smiley: facepalm


Well, yeah. I mean, I want Dexter for myself. He can't be ******** Julia Stiles. Smiley: bah
#7 Nov 02 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
I'm just waiting for him to totally hit that.


My first thought about Lumen was, "Well, there you go. Now you have a new nanny!"


Seriously? Hot blonde who Dexter can be himself around and you thought "nanny"?

Smiley: facepalm


Well, yeah. I mean, I want Dexter for myself. He can't be ******** Julia Stiles. Smiley: bah


What if she's on his list?
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#8 Nov 02 2010 at 10:34 PM Rating: Good
I doubt Lumen makes it past this season in any way shape or form, simply because no one (with the exception of Quinn, methinks) who was introduced after the first episode has made it past the season they're introduced in.

I dunno if Dexter is going to want to bone Lumen. He's in a pretty bad place right now & I can't see her wanting a man to touch her at the moment. However, she can give Dex more targets, he can teach her the Code, & its win-win even without the boning.

____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#9 Nov 03 2010 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
What if she's on his list?


Yeeaaah. The list doesn't work with celebrities.
#10 Nov 07 2010 at 11:49 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
It's only a matter of time now.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#11 Nov 07 2010 at 11:59 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Almost expected a "Mama" or something of the sort.
#12 Nov 08 2010 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
I <3 this show so much.
#13 Nov 08 2010 at 9:40 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I <3 this show so much.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#14 Nov 15 2010 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
*****
15,952 posts
I'm just dying. This season is 2/3 finished already! I don't see how the scriptwriters are going to finish up the Lumen story arc. (But wow, he offered up a blood slide with the wide craving eyes of a six year old craving approval) That creep ex-cop is not only a whisker's shave behind Dex and Lumen, he's making a case about the two of them that is worse even than the reality. The end of episode 8, with the telephoto lens, totally pounded me with adrenaline. NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#15 Nov 15 2010 at 9:05 AM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
The end of episode 8, with the telephoto lens, totally pounded me with adrenaline. NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Indeed.

I'm thinking Deb will get involved somehow, maybe she'll stumble into Quinn and his investigator buddy having a little meeting.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#16 Nov 15 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I hope they don't pull a Doakes with Quinn.

I miss Doakes.
____________________________
Banh
#17 Nov 15 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
Great episode, this season just gets better and better. It's a shame that Lumen will be written out of the season, I really less than three Julia Stiles.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#18 Nov 15 2010 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
Great episode, this season just gets better and better. It's a shame that Lumen will be written out of the season, I really less than three Julia Stiles.


If I quote spammed, I would quote spam this, because I agree with it so much.
#19 Nov 15 2010 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
This season hasn't really held me as much as last season did. I still enjoy it, and it's still very good, but I'm not filled with that same anticipation for the next episode.
____________________________
Banh
#20 Nov 15 2010 at 11:48 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
This season hasn't really held me as much as last season did. I still enjoy it, and it's still very good, but I'm not filled with that same anticipation for the next episode.


It's the lack of Lithgow. He was just way more awesome than the group of rapist/torturers that are the baddies this season.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#21 Nov 16 2010 at 12:33 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Quote:
This season hasn't really held me as much as last season did. I still enjoy it, and it's still very good, but I'm not filled with that same anticipation for the next episode.


It's the lack of Lithgow. He was just way more awesome than the group of rapist/torturers that are the baddies this season.
I think that's part of it. The focus has been so much on Lumen, and I've grown used to the intensity of the focus being on the one main "bad guy".
____________________________
Banh
#22 Nov 16 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Jordan Chase was one of the rapists. Two things come to mind:

1. He isn't in the picture.
2. His saying (tick tick tick.... etc.) is something he tells all of his clients. Also, he could've stolen that from someone who was the actual rapist when he met that person through Cole.

The only way they'd know for certain is the sound of the watch Lumen heard in her ear. I wouldn't be surprised if they kidnap Chase, tie him up and she hears his watch and is all "that's not it".
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#23 Nov 16 2010 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Iamadam the Malefic wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Jordan Chase was one of the rapists. Two things come to mind:

1. He isn't in the picture.
2. His saying (tick tick tick.... etc.) is something he tells all of his clients. Also, he could've stolen that from someone who was the actual rapist when he met that person through Cole.

The only way they'd know for certain is the sound of the watch Lumen heard in her ear. I wouldn't be surprised if they kidnap Chase, tie him up and she hears his watch and is all "that's not it".


Good points all. Though I am confused why you put spoiler tags around what you did. Smiley: um

It's also possible that rapist also listens to this guys crap and that's where he got it instead of the other way around.

Though, in the car outside tee police station, Chase looked at Cole and said, "It's about time you did something right. Turning the investigation to Boyd was a good call." They could've been talking about something else, but it still sounds like he's a shady dude.
#24 Nov 16 2010 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,953 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Good points all. Though I am confused why you put spoiler tags around what you did. Smiley: um

It's also possible that rapist also listens to this guys crap and that's where he got it instead of the other way around.

Though, in the car outside tee police station, Chase looked at Cole and said, "It's about time you did something right. Turning the investigation to Boyd was a good call." They could've been talking about something else, but it still sounds like he's a shady dude.


I guessed the most obvious thing that could happen... hoping not to ruin it for anyone.

Good point about the conversation in the car, I forgot about that one. Maybe Chase just didn't want any negative attention that a police investigation would bring. I'm reaching a little, but it would be a helluva twist.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#25 Nov 22 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Good
Good episode. Looks like this season is approaching the end game. While not nearly as interesting as Trinity, Jordan Chase is certainly the most powerful foe Dexter's faced. Dexter's at a huge disadvantage, which usually isn't the case. It'll be neat to see how Dex gets Chase on the table.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#26 Nov 22 2010 at 10:48 AM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Yeah, apparently Chase was in on it. Interesting. Lovin' this season.
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)