Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

UzumakiFollow

#1 Nov 04 2009 at 12:15 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,481 posts
No, not Naruto.

I'm talking about the manga Uzumaki (translated as "Spiral"). It's a horror story, and pretty good. I'm only on chapter 6 so far, but ****[/i]. It's creepy. Especially the stuff that happens to Suichi's parents.

The main character just seems like more of a narrator than anything. She's never really given any depth, just is there to witness all the weirdness. Which is fine by me.

But yeah. I'll never look at something vaguely spiral-related the same way again.

What about you guys?

____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#2 Nov 04 2009 at 12:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,453 posts
IDrownFish wrote:
But yeah. I'll never look at something vaguely spiral-related the same way again.


Would it be safe to say that reading this then watching Gurren Lagann would totally blow my mind?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#3 Nov 04 2009 at 12:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,481 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
IDrownFish wrote:
But yeah. I'll never look at something vaguely spiral-related the same way again.


Would it be safe to say that reading this then watching Gurren Lagann would totally blow my mind?


TTGL's still on my "To Do" list, so I'm not sure. But from what I've heard...

Yeah. Big time.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#4 Nov 04 2009 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,481 posts
Also:

Bricks were shat.

Edited, Nov 4th 2009 2:50am by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CDT
Karlina, Anonymous Guests (19)