Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Now I officially stop caring about Naruto.Follow

#1 Oct 28 2009 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,118 posts
Naruto: Shippuden is being shown on Disney XD.

That is all.

Edit: XD the channel, not the emote.

Edited, Oct 28th 2009 8:47pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#2 Oct 28 2009 at 6:56 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,598 posts
I honestly don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about this.

So what if it airs on a Disney channel? That doesn't effect anything but the version being aired. Other releases still the same as before.



Also, I stopped caring about Naruto around the time Sasuke went Super Saiyajin.
http://www.animeboy.org/datafiles/fanarts/3150/comic-Super_Saiyan_Sasuke.jpg

While obviously fan drawn... it is pretty much panel for panel what that chapter of the manga had.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3 Oct 28 2009 at 7:00 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,118 posts
Having Disney air the show is just like One Piece being distributed by 4kids. It's a really @#%^ing bad idea.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4 Oct 28 2009 at 7:03 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,598 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Having Disney air the show is just like One Piece being distributed by 4kids. It's a really @#%^ing bad idea.


Except Disney isn't distributing it. They are just airing it. Where as when 4Kids licenses a series and brings it to the US shores, they have control of pretty much everything that gets done to it. As far as I know, Viz still has the control over Naruto.

It doesn't change anything. Except what ever Disney decides to do with the stuff their air.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#5 Oct 28 2009 at 7:06 PM Rating: Decent
**
681 posts
Bad comparison though since Viz will be making the edits for air, not Disney. I don't see Disney requiring more editing than Cartoon Network.

Besides, it's not like Shippuden isn't fully available online both legally and for free.

Edited, Oct 28th 2009 9:11pm by OnimenoJason
#6 Oct 28 2009 at 7:08 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,598 posts
Well, my point was just because it's airing on Disney doesn't change anything to do with the quality of the DVD and actual releases in the US. (Whether you think that quality is good or bad, the quality should remain the same because the company doing the work hasn't changed).
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#7 Oct 28 2009 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Vagina Dentata,
what a wonderful phrase
******
30,071 posts
I heard that they are gonna replace Sakura Haruno with Miley Cyrus.
____________________________
Turin wrote:
Seriously, what the f*ck nature?
#8 Oct 28 2009 at 7:12 PM Rating: Decent
**
681 posts
TirithRR the Eccentric wrote:
Well, my point was just because it's airing on Disney doesn't change anything to do with the quality of the DVD and actual releases in the US. (Whether you think that quality is good or bad, the quality should remain the same because the company doing the work hasn't changed).


I wasn't referring to your post, but the one before yours. You just posted in between. I agree completely.
#9 Oct 28 2009 at 8:11 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I heard that they are gonna replace Sakura Haruno with Miley Cyrus.

And yet her replacement would still have more depth and dimensionality.
#10 Oct 29 2009 at 2:22 AM Rating: Decent
lol at sakura being replaced by miley..
hope they will also replace ino with selena gomez.. ^_^
#11 Oct 29 2009 at 5:53 AM Rating: Good
******
43,135 posts
Allegory wrote:
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I heard that they are gonna replace Sakura Haruno with Miley Cyrus.
And yet her replacement would still have more depth and dimensionality.
Miley would be more useful in a fight, too.





Seriously. Sakura and Orihime are the most useless female "lead" characters in the existence of anime. Thankfully their uselessness is countered by Nami from One Piece and Lucy from Fairy Tail, since those two actually pull their weight.

Edited, Oct 29th 2009 9:56am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#12 Oct 29 2009 at 9:16 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,598 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Seriously. Sakura and Orihime are the most useless female "lead" characters in the existence of anime. Thankfully their uselessness is countered by Nami from One Piece and Lucy from Fairy Tail, since those two actually pull their weight.


At least Orihime serves a purpose. It may be fanservice, but it is a purpose.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#13 Oct 30 2009 at 11:09 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,867 posts
Quote:
At least Orihime serves a purpose. It may be fanservice, but it is a purpose.


I think they both serve that purpose.
-----------------------------------------------------

But didn't Sakura at least fight one guy, the puppet dude?
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#14 Oct 30 2009 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,118 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Quote:
At least Orihime serves a purpose. It may be fanservice, but it is a purpose.


I think they both serve that purpose.
-----------------------------------------------------

But didn't Sakura at least fight one guy, the puppet dude?



Sakura is nearly flat, even as a teenager; Tsunade is more fanservice than her. As for the puppet fight she would have lost if it wasn't for that old puppet master and his black hole creating puppet trio.



Edited, Oct 30th 2009 12:42pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#15 Oct 30 2009 at 1:07 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,158 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Timelordwho wrote:
Quote:
At least Orihime serves a purpose. It may be fanservice, but it is a purpose.


I think they both serve that purpose.
-----------------------------------------------------

But didn't Sakura at least fight one guy, the puppet dude?



Sakura is nearly flat, even as a teenager; Tsunade is more fanservice than her. As for the puppet fight she would have lost if it wasn't for that old puppet master and his black hole creating puppet trio.


Fanservice =/= having large breasts. In some cases, they're opposite, though I don't think Naruto is designed for that audience.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#16 Oct 31 2009 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
******
22,688 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Allegory wrote:
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I heard that they are gonna replace Sakura Haruno with Miley Cyrus.
And yet her replacement would still have more depth and dimensionality.
Miley would be more useful in a fight, too.





Seriously. Sakura and Orihime are the most useless female "lead" characters in the existence of anime. Thankfully their uselessness is countered by Nami from One Piece and Lucy from Fairy Tail, since those two actually pull their weight.


Oh please, Sakura successfully duo'd an akatsuki member. Orihime hasn't done sh*t except cry to be helped.

Quote:
Sakura is nearly flat, even as a teenager; Tsunade is more fanservice than her. As for the puppet fight she would have lost if it wasn't for that old puppet master and his black hole creating puppet trio.


Put someone like Orihime in that situation and she would have just sat back crying waiting for somebody to save her. Smiley: nod At least sakura can actually fight. (Sure she can't go SSJ-Frog like naruto.. but meh!)

Edited, Oct 31st 2009 3:25pm by Deadgye
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#17 Oct 31 2009 at 10:39 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,499 posts
It's funny how useless Orihime is, yet with her ability she is actually one of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful Bleach character at the moment.

She just has to stop being such a waste of potential is all. =/
____________________________
"If I step on a ant...it's impossible for me to not crush it."

Trig
Caitsith
75 Warrior
75 Dark Knight
75 Paladin
75 Samurai
75 Ranger
#18 Nov 01 2009 at 12:02 AM Rating: Decent
******
22,688 posts
DarkKnightZero wrote:
It's funny how useless Orihime is, yet with her ability she is actually one of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful Bleach character at the moment.

She just has to stop being such a waste of potential is all. =/


Orly? Everything seems to be breaking through her shield quite easily at this point.

Edited, Nov 1st 2009 1:02am by Deadgye
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#19 Nov 01 2009 at 12:34 AM Rating: Good
******
43,135 posts
Yeah, but she can "erase" people from existence, if that one panel in that one chapter that I can't seem to find indicates.

As for Sakura; Sure, she's more useful than Orihime, but that's like saying a wooden baseball bat is better than a twig for cutting down trees. That doesn't stop her from being useless, it just means Sakura is the second most useless.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#20 Nov 01 2009 at 2:46 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,499 posts
Deadgye wrote:
Orly? Everything seems to be breaking through her shield quite easily at this point.


That's why I said she is wasted potential. If she actually had the will, she could own pretty much everyone in the series. Even Aizen himself said that she has the power to reject the will of god.
____________________________
"If I step on a ant...it's impossible for me to not crush it."

Trig
Caitsith
75 Warrior
75 Dark Knight
75 Paladin
75 Samurai
75 Ranger
#21 Nov 01 2009 at 4:16 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,027 posts
I never cared about Naruto. Just saying.
#22 Nov 01 2009 at 6:55 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,598 posts
My brother watched it.

He said it really wasn't that different.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CDT
lolgaxe, TherealLogros, Anonymous Guests (22)