Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The Shadowstrike Thread (Formerly the Bleach/Manga One)Follow

#202 Feb 26 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
******
43,095 posts
Vataro, Eater of Souls wrote:
the anime is currently doing filler episodes within their filler arc
Seriously? Seriously?! I can't tell if that's better or worse than the fifty episodes of filler Naruto had before Shipuuden, as I am filled with RAGE at the idea.

At least the Naruto filler featured Hinata.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#203 Feb 27 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
20 posts
To me, better. At least for Bleach they are kind of interesting to watch.
#204 Feb 28 2010 at 12:05 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,024 posts
The Zanpakto (I have a feeling I spelled that wrong, but oh well) arc was kind of interesting. Had a lame ending though. I have the first four episodes of the new arc sitting on the old hard drive, but haven't bothered to watch them yet. From the preview they had and the end of the last arc, it didn't look very good.
#205 Feb 28 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Turin wrote:
The Zanpakto (I have a feeling I spelled that wrong, but oh well) arc was kind of interesting. Had a lame ending though. I have the first four episodes of the new arc sitting on the old hard drive, but haven't bothered to watch them yet. From the preview they had and the end of the last arc, it didn't look very good.


So far it's just standard beginning episodes that don't really have any impact on the story (other than introducing the new enemies). It still has the Zanpakuto in their materialized forms though, so it has the potential to be similar to the last arc.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#206 Mar 04 2010 at 2:35 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Good to see Yamamoto isn't entirely useless. But considering the fight with Aizen is now put on hold and Ichigo was told to bugger off elsewhere, it's just waiting to see what kind of superpowers Wonderweiss gets to beat Yamamoto and move on with the plot.
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#207 Mar 05 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Good
***
1,171 posts
I really hope Wonderweiss does have some extra power. One case of "Haha I used my illusion powers" is enough. I don't want to find out Yamamoto was beating up some other shinigami or thin air.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#208 Mar 05 2010 at 2:25 AM Rating: Good
That was kinda cool.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#209 Mar 05 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
******
43,095 posts
Well, they weren't going to let the old man get beaten down without making him seem competent. Still want to see him go, though. Bloated cast of mostly useless characters.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#210 Mar 05 2010 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
*****
14,156 posts
I have to say, Aizen is pretty lame at this whole illusion thing. If you can't drive someone insane with control of all their senses then you're a pretty poor villain in my book.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#211 Mar 05 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
I have to say, Aizen is pretty lame at this whole illusion thing. If you can't drive someone insane with control of all their senses then you're a pretty poor villain in my book.


Well, its the average villain thing. Overconfident and doing some things just for fun.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#212 Mar 06 2010 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Yama shows why he's captain commander, I sure wouldn't want to get boned by him (lolinnuendo).

I will both laugh and rage if it turns out to be an illusion. I wouldn't put it past Kubo to toss out the illusion card again.
#213 Mar 11 2010 at 12:45 PM Rating: Good
******
43,095 posts
He blowed up.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#214 Mar 11 2010 at 2:45 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,485 posts
Oh sh*t, stuff happened and it was good. I'm actually looking forward to next week!
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#215 Mar 11 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
Vataro, Eater of Souls wrote:
Oh sh*t, stuff happened and it was good. I'm actually looking forward to next week!


Yeah, it does seem to reach a final conflict at this point. There's still Gin ofcourse, no idea what he'll do or get done to him.

____________________________


#216 Mar 12 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Exploding WW? Didn't see that coming. Aizen gets torched by Yama-jii then Ichigo charges in. Took him long enough to actually do anything more than just stand around. Perhaps Ichigo will take down Aizen, probably not though.

Wouldn't it be funny if this was all part of Gin's plan? He hasn't done anything more than have a monologue. There has to be another reason he's there.
#217 Mar 12 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if this was all part of Gin's plan?

I'm really hoping it is. I don't care if it make sense or not.
#218 Mar 19 2010 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
******
43,095 posts
Aizen wrote:
You've activated my trap card!
Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#219 Mar 19 2010 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
All I can say is, what the @#%^ Kubo. Is he serious about this? Everything has been part of Aizen's plan all along? He becomes even more godly than before? All that's missing is Aizen to say he's Ichigo's father.

I hope the next chapter will have more meat to it. This one could have been longer, much longer.
#220 Mar 19 2010 at 8:29 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Aizen wrote:
You've activated my trap card!
Smiley: oyvey


Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol

So true though...
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#221 Mar 19 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
All I can say is, what the @#%^ Kubo. Is he serious about this? Everything has been part of Aizen's plan all along? He becomes even more godly than before? All that's missing is Aizen to say he's Ichigo's father.

I hope the next chapter will have more meat to it. This one could have been longer, much longer.


Well, this one is a bit more of a stretch to see it as Aizen's plan. At least until the point in which Ichigo had actually become relevant. Especially since I think I recall him saying he had to adapt due to what Ichigo did in Soul Society when rescuing Rukia(Least I had thought he said something to this effect in the manga).

Part of it could simply be some cockiness and mind games. Making it seem as if it was all planned when it was merely adaption halfway through.

So now we see these hogyoku superpowers Aizen has considering he didn't hollowfy himself(as much as we can trust his word on anything) and why Ichigo's powers have relevance to him more so than any other powerful soul reaper or arrancar.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#222 Mar 19 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Or perhaps Urahara has a way to make the Hougyoku explode and then he shows up and saves the day and gets revenge on Aizen. That would be hilarious and completely unexpected.
#223 Mar 20 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
Or perhaps Urahara has a way to make the Hougyoku explode and then he shows up and saves the day and gets revenge on Aizen. That would be hilarious and completely unexpected.


In that case I could just copy/paste from lolgaxe in response to that scenario.



Quote:
You've activated my trap card!
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#224 Mar 22 2010 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
All I can say is, what the @#%^ Kubo. Is he serious about this? Everything has been part of Aizen's plan all along? He becomes even more godly than before? All that's missing is Aizen to say he's Ichigo's father.

I hope the next chapter will have more meat to it. This one could have been longer, much longer.



Xanatos, not the first time either.

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:20pm by Zieveraar
____________________________


#225 Mar 22 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
That was dangerous... I almost got caught up in TVTropes for an indeterminate amount of time. Thankfully I kept myself to just 2 pages and can now get back to work.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#226 Mar 22 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
Zieveraar wrote:
Xanatos, not the first time either.

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:20pm by Zieveraar

Three edits and you still manage to not get it right?
#227 Mar 23 2010 at 5:49 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
Allegory wrote:
Zieveraar wrote:
Xanatos, not the first time either.

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:20pm by Zieveraar

Three edits and you still manage to not get it right?


I like edits! I just went with the first Xanatos I found to be honest, at this point are we sure it's a roulette and not a gambit?

Granted, if Aizen really planned to profit from Ichigo's rise in power, then perhaps the roulette is the better explanation.

____________________________


#228 Mar 23 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Did you actually read the page? It's definitely a Roulette.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#229 Mar 23 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
Vataro, Eater of Souls wrote:
Did you actually read the page? It's definitely a Roulette.


Most likely yes, yet Aizen merely stated that "Kurosaki Ichigo, every battle you've fought, has played into my hand" On it's own, not necessarily meaning that Aizen meant it all to happen, as the Roulette would require, but perhaps alluding to the Xanatos Speed Chess. Adjusting when necessary.

Quote:
Note that some plans may be complicated; however, that does not automatically make them a Xanatos Roulette. There might be a few seperate plans to achieve a greater goal, but the individual gambits may still make logical sense. When a dozen things are going on but the actual details of the plan aren't reliant on each item fitting into place then it is just a Xanatos Gambit. As well this is about having omniscient knowledge of the outcome without incident. If there are active and emergency adjustments because of deviations to the original blueprint, it is a Xanatos Speed Chess.
____________________________


#230 Mar 23 2010 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
Except that literally every major event that has happened to Ichigo since the beginning of the manga has apparently been a part of Aizen's plan.
#231 Mar 23 2010 at 6:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
Allegory wrote:
Except that literally every major event that has happened to Ichigo since the beginning of the manga has apparently been a part of Aizen's plan.


Not exactly, Aizen used every event to promote his own goal, that's for certain and that's what he said to Ichigo. He didn't cause Ichigo to become a shinigami, in a sense that was Urahara's doing. He didn't start the hollowification of Ichigo, that too was Urahara.

He profited from the confusion after Ichigo and the gang went to rescue Rukia, but that was not part of the original plan, not as I read it anyway.

After that, sure, quite possible.
____________________________


#232 Mar 23 2010 at 9:43 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Zieveraar wrote:
Allegory wrote:
Except that literally every major event that has happened to Ichigo since the beginning of the manga has apparently been a part of Aizen's plan.


Not exactly, Aizen used every event to promote his own goal, that's for certain and that's what he said to Ichigo. He didn't cause Ichigo to become a shinigami, in a sense that was Urahara's doing. He didn't start the hollowification of Ichigo, that too was Urahara.

He profited from the confusion after Ichigo and the gang went to rescue Rukia, but that was not part of the original plan, not as I read it anyway.

After that, sure, quite possible.


I don't know... he quoted each major battle as if they were designed to improve Ichigo as if for some specific purpose. It sounds stupid, but that's the point of the Xanatos Roulette if my understanding is correct...
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#233 Mar 23 2010 at 11:32 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
I don't believe it's worth arguing over.

We should be finding out next chapter just how unreasonable a chessmaster Aizen is supposed to be.
#234 Mar 24 2010 at 6:44 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
Allegory wrote:
I don't believe it's worth arguing over.

We should be finding out next chapter just how unreasonable a chessmaster Aizen is supposed to be.


True, he'll explain it all over the next chapter or two I would imagine. I'ld say it's about time Urahara shows up too, although I suppose his story has already been told.
____________________________


#235 Mar 25 2010 at 8:42 AM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
So yeah, Aizen knew about and had explicitly planned and controlled everything that ever happened to Ichigo since he was born, and a good bit of stuff long before that.
#236 Mar 25 2010 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Do you read this somewhere other than Onemanga that puts it out quicker? =/
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#237 Mar 25 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Good
bleachexile.com has it up.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#238 Mar 25 2010 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
397

Isshin shows up and interrupts Aizen before he can say what Ichigo is. Ichigo's bankai gets stopped by 1 finger, awesome Smiley: laugh. Can't give too much details as I can't read the text. RAWs are good and all, but I can't read Japanese yet.

Edited, Mar 25th 2010 1:21pm by PaladinStargazer
#239 Mar 25 2010 at 3:25 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
Ichigo's bankai gets stopped by 1 finger, awesome Smiley: laugh

I didn't even realize he was using bankai, I've honestly forgotten he even has it. This is what happens when you make someone's special ability as generic as "I get better," in combination with having them blow their load on basically everyone they ever fight. Ichigo pretty much uses bankai all the time, and it's never good enough to win him the fight anymore. Just like shikai had become his default state, it seems bankai is his default combat state; it's the least of everything he can do now.

Edited, Mar 25th 2010 4:26pm by Allegory
#240 Mar 25 2010 at 5:07 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,024 posts
Hmm, was wondering how long it would take for his father to get around to letting Ichigo know that he's a Shinigami too. I didn't expect to happen at that exact moment though.
#241 Mar 25 2010 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
******
43,095 posts
Next chapter: We find out that a child between a human and a Saiyan Shinigami is actually more powerful than a pure breed.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#242 Mar 25 2010 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Smiley: lol indeed.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#243 Mar 25 2010 at 7:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,919 posts
Allegory wrote:
So yeah, Aizen knew about and had explicitly planned and controlled everything that ever happened to Ichigo since he was born, and a good bit of stuff long before that.


Yeah, that pretty much settles it, at least there's a new arrival, wonder how powerful Isshin really is. Also, you could state that Ichigo's fighting power has always been dependant on his self esteem and mood. He's a troubled kid, I doubt Aizen's remarks made him feel better.

____________________________


#244 Mar 25 2010 at 7:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,356 posts
Hm. The natural assumption is that before he was cut off, Aizen was about to say "human", as in "A shinigami and a human", but the fact that he was cut off before he could mention Ichigo's mother, someone who we have very little information on, leads me to suspect that she wasn't human. My guess is that she was a hollow, or arrancar, though that doesn't explain just why she could have been killed by the Grand Fisher.

Reveal time by Isshin?


EDIT: An alternate translation I just read had Aizen say "After all, you--", as opposed to (off the top of my head) "After all, you're a a shinigami and--". So all of the above is probably invalid.



Edited, Mar 25th 2010 11:51pm by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.
#245 Mar 26 2010 at 4:11 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
she wasn't human. My guess is that she was a hollow, or arrancar, though that doesn't explain just why she could have been killed by the Grand Fisher.


They could easy enough make up some reason or another.

Perhaps she had grown weaker after living a rather sedentary lifestyle for who knows how long and after multiple child births(which baby Ichigo perhaps having absorbed a bit of her power.)

Perhaps it is a case instead of if she were some non-human, she was the reason that Ichigo's father left the Soul Society, their only way to remain hidden perhaps having been to seal her powers or simply remove them somehow.

At this point who the hell knows what kind of explanation they may toss out, assuming its some totally different reason altogether than a Shinagami/??? pairing.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#246 Mar 26 2010 at 7:26 AM Rating: Good
Kubo really could have summed up the chapter in 1 line from Aize.

Aizen: "Just as planned."

Hopefully we don't get a flashback chapter next week.
#247 Mar 26 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Hopefully we will get some plot with Isshin there.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#248 Mar 26 2010 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
*****
14,156 posts
Quote:
They could easy enough make up some reason or another.

Perhaps she had grown weaker after living a rather sedentary lifestyle for who knows how long and after multiple child births(which baby Ichigo perhaps having absorbed a bit of her power.)


Maybe she was an Arrancar, and when she grew weaker she became the Grand Fisher.

I mean, probably not, seeing as I vaguely recall them shown on panel at the same time.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#249 Mar 26 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
Quote:
Maybe she was an Arrancar, and when she grew weaker she became the Grand Fisher.


& Isshin killed it.

Isshin's a captain, at least, but there's a chance he wasn't when Aizen released his sword.

The dude in the hat & the cat lady (both of whom's names I can't spell off the top of my head, & am too lazy too look up), have yet to make an appearance so the "end" sure isn't in sight.

Plus, Ichigo's going to have to be Emo about Aizen planning his whole life for awhile, before he narrowly defeats him.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#250 Mar 31 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,688 posts
Quote:
Most likely yes, yet Aizen merely stated that he wrote the manga.


ftfy
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#251 Mar 31 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,557 posts
Gin: "Bankai." Oh fudge yes, don't disappoint me.

Also it might be due to translation problems, but in the previous chapter Aizen said Ichigo was a shinigmai and something else, this chapter he said Ichigo was a human and something else, and then it is strongly implied that that something else was a shinigami (his dad who was "right before his eyes.") So Ichigo is supposed to be a human-shinigami hybrid? That's fairly nonsensical. Also, Shinigami are all dead, so how would his dad and mom....

Edited, Mar 31st 2010 6:10pm by Allegory
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (18)