Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ITT: Comics & Manga & ShadowstrikeFollow

#277 May 04 2010 at 4:46 PM Rating: Good
****
5,599 posts
New chapter's out.

So yeah. To use an analogy, Urahara basically put a plug in a garden hose going full blast (Aizen) and watched at the hose expanded until it seemingly burst.

Not too shabby, really.

Also, Aizen looks like he's starting to turn into some kind of energy being. Weird.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#278 May 04 2010 at 5:00 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Yea, Kisuke is badass.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#279 May 04 2010 at 5:00 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,926 posts
IDrownFish wrote:
New chapter's out.

So yeah. To use an analogy, Urahara basically put a plug in a garden hose going full blast (Aizen) and watched at the hose expanded until it seemingly burst.

Not too shabby, really.

Also, Aizen looks like he's starting to turn into some kind of energy being. Weird.


I'm still hoping to see Urahara's Bankai, at this point it's not sure if we'll see it now

____________________________


#280 May 05 2010 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
Good to finally see Urahara in action. Do wish we had seen more of his fighting ability then him just firing off bakudo/hakudo kido, but it's better than nothing. Watch in chapter 403 it ends up being an illusion Smiley: laugh
#281 May 07 2010 at 8:04 PM Rating: Good
****
5,599 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
Good to finally see Urahara in action. Do wish we had seen more of his fighting ability then him just firing off bakudo/hakudo kido, but it's better than nothing. Watch in chapter 403 it ends up being an illusion Smiley: laugh


I actually think that Aizen may have given up on illusions at this point. Based on what he said this chapter, it seems like he actually views himself as indestructible, and this is definitely not going to kill him, so he'll probably be overconfident and devolve into a brute force-style attack.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#282 May 07 2010 at 9:23 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,918 posts
IDrownFish wrote:
I actually think that Aizen may have given up on illusions at this point. Based on what he said this chapter, it seems like he actually views himself as indestructible, and this is definitely not going to kill him, so he'll probably be overconfident and devolve into a brute force-style attack.

Thus negating the plot point that Ichigo is the only one who cna fight him because he isn't under the influence of Aizen's illusions. This is partly compensated by the possible new plot point taht IChigo has to be the one to kill Aizen anyway since Aizen needs him for something.
#283 May 09 2010 at 8:56 PM Rating: Good
Allegory wrote:
IDrownFish wrote:
I actually think that Aizen may have given up on illusions at this point. Based on what he said this chapter, it seems like he actually views himself as indestructible, and this is definitely not going to kill him, so he'll probably be overconfident and devolve into a brute force-style attack.

Thus negating the plot point that Ichigo is the only one who cna fight him because he isn't under the influence of Aizen's illusions. This is partly compensated by the possible new plot point taht IChigo has to be the one to kill Aizen anyway since Aizen needs him for something.
This is Kubo we're talking about. I don't think he's capable of ever keeping his plot straight, and it'd be something that I could see him pulling out of his ***. Something about Aizen saying "When did you fall under the illusion that you weren't already under my illusion?"

And a random pic for more Aizen trolling.
#284 May 09 2010 at 11:07 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I lol'd.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#285 May 09 2010 at 11:35 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,918 posts
Also, I think Ichigo may be dead now. Does anyone remember what he did with his body for all this time?

Yep, I checked back to chapter 239 just before he left. No mention of him giving his body to Kyon or anything. He is totally full of maggots right now.

Edited, May 10th 2010 12:35am by Allegory
#286 May 12 2010 at 11:43 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,918 posts
Welp, some of you said Tousen resurrection design was bad and I disagreed, but this is far worse than that. Aizen looks pretty terrible.
#287 May 13 2010 at 6:10 AM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Kubo's favorite color must be white...

Liked the chapter, although it seemed incredibly short.
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#288 May 13 2010 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Yoruichi coming out of nowhere was unexpected, but underwhelming as well. Overall still a good chapter though, looking forward to more.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#289 May 13 2010 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
Aizen is now condom man. I was expecting an illusion or something else but I guess condom Aizen is good too. Not too much happened, other than Yoruichi showing up.

So, anyone know where Unohana is? She hasn't made an appearance ever since bringing Ichigo to FKT.
#290 May 13 2010 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
Aizen is now condom man. I was expecting an illusion or something else but I guess condom Aizen is good too. Not too much happened, other than Yoruichi showing up.

So, anyone know where Unohana is? She hasn't made an appearance ever since bringing Ichigo to FKT.


Didn't she go back to tend to the others? I don't quite recall but I believe that's what was said.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#291 May 13 2010 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Likely keeping all of the brutally slaughtered people alive.

I do wonder how the cream of the crop in Soul Society, the vaizard that should be even stronger than the captains and several Vice Captains got murdered by Aizen, and now halloween-Aizen is having to actually try against Isshin, Yoruichi and Urahara. It, does NOT make sense!
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#292 May 13 2010 at 2:10 PM Rating: Excellent
BlackyLakshmi wrote:
Likely keeping all of the brutally slaughtered people alive.

I do wonder how the cream of the crop in Soul Society, the vaizard that should be even stronger than the captains and several Vice Captains got murdered by Aizen, and now halloween-Aizen is having to actually try against Isshin, Yoruichi and Urahara. It, does NOT make sense!
You expect Kubo to write decent plot?
#293 May 13 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
It's been decent, if slow, for a good while. It's still not half bad, but I find myself watching for resurrecion, shikai's and bankai's rather than the awesome characters and story progression. *cough*
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#294 May 14 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Good
Yay! Yoruichi's back!
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#295 May 19 2010 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Quite liked this chapter. Good to see Gin's able to skewer is foes too, rather than just 'shoot' them. Seriousish Aizen's cool, too. Wonder when (if) he'll get a villainous breakdown...
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#296 May 20 2010 at 8:36 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I liked Gin in this chapter. I find his character very interesting, if a little creepy at times.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#297 May 27 2010 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I probably should have seen it coming, but I was very surprised that Isshin can use Getsuga as well.

I'm starting to wonder where this is going. These chapters seem to be falling back into the old back and forth of "we will use this combo of moves to try to hurt you... and it seemed to work! But oh wait, you're just messing around. Well, how about this combo of moves? It worked! Oh wait, no... ****."

____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#298 May 27 2010 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,918 posts
I think it was worse than that Vataro. They seem to be just using generic power shots. The closest they got to doing anyhting interesting to Aizen was Straw Hat's net, but that turned out to an exploding net. Haha, way to go Kube, you totally tricked me into thinking you had an interesting idea.
#299 May 28 2010 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Been reading these weekly within a day or two of them getting posted and I think I'm going to stop. Going to just bookmark and wait a few months and got back and read a dozen or so at once to at least make it mildly entertaining.
#300 May 30 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
Now we can theorize about why Matsumoto likes Gin. She has the biggest bust, Gin has the longest sword which can stretch to 13km! zomg!
Too bad for Matsumoto that Gin's sword isn't the longest, its the fastest. Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#301 Jun 02 2010 at 1:41 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
I liked this chapter, although I absolutely fail to see how the story can continue with 97,5% of the cast knocked unconcious. We'll see, I guess.
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)