Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ITT: Comics & Manga & ShadowstrikeFollow

#202 Feb 26 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
Vataro, Eater of Souls wrote:
the anime is currently doing filler episodes within their filler arc
Seriously? Seriously?! I can't tell if that's better or worse than the fifty episodes of filler Naruto had before Shipuuden, as I am filled with RAGE at the idea.

At least the Naruto filler featured Hinata.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#203 Feb 27 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
20 posts
To me, better. At least for Bleach they are kind of interesting to watch.
#204 Feb 28 2010 at 12:05 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,560 posts
The Zanpakto (I have a feeling I spelled that wrong, but oh well) arc was kind of interesting. Had a lame ending though. I have the first four episodes of the new arc sitting on the old hard drive, but haven't bothered to watch them yet. From the preview they had and the end of the last arc, it didn't look very good.
#205 Feb 28 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Turin wrote:
The Zanpakto (I have a feeling I spelled that wrong, but oh well) arc was kind of interesting. Had a lame ending though. I have the first four episodes of the new arc sitting on the old hard drive, but haven't bothered to watch them yet. From the preview they had and the end of the last arc, it didn't look very good.


So far it's just standard beginning episodes that don't really have any impact on the story (other than introducing the new enemies). It still has the Zanpakuto in their materialized forms though, so it has the potential to be similar to the last arc.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#206 Mar 04 2010 at 2:35 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Good to see Yamamoto isn't entirely useless. But considering the fight with Aizen is now put on hold and Ichigo was told to ****** off elsewhere, it's just waiting to see what kind of superpowers Wonderweiss gets to beat Yamamoto and move on with the plot.
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#207 Mar 05 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Good
***
1,171 posts
I really hope Wonderweiss does have some extra power. One case of "Haha I used my illusion powers" is enough. I don't want to find out Yamamoto was beating up some other shinigami or thin air.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#208 Mar 05 2010 at 2:25 AM Rating: Good
That was kinda cool.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#209 Mar 05 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
Well, they weren't going to let the old man get beaten down without making him seem competent. Still want to see him go, though. Bloated cast of mostly useless characters.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#210 Mar 05 2010 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
*****
14,174 posts
I have to say, Aizen is pretty lame at this whole illusion thing. If you can't drive someone insane with control of all their senses then you're a pretty poor villain in my book.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#211 Mar 05 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
I have to say, Aizen is pretty lame at this whole illusion thing. If you can't drive someone insane with control of all their senses then you're a pretty poor villain in my book.


Well, its the average villain thing. Overconfident and doing some things just for fun.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#212 Mar 06 2010 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Yama shows why he's captain commander, I sure wouldn't want to get boned by him (lolinnuendo).

I will both laugh and rage if it turns out to be an illusion. I wouldn't put it past Kubo to toss out the illusion card again.
#213 Mar 11 2010 at 12:45 PM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
He blowed up.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#214 Mar 11 2010 at 2:45 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,563 posts
Oh ****, stuff happened and it was good. I'm actually looking forward to next week!
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#215 Mar 11 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,926 posts
Vataro, Eater of Souls wrote:
Oh sh*t, stuff happened and it was good. I'm actually looking forward to next week!


Yeah, it does seem to reach a final conflict at this point. There's still Gin ofcourse, no idea what he'll do or get done to him.

____________________________


#216 Mar 12 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Exploding WW? Didn't see that coming. Aizen gets torched by Yama-jii then Ichigo charges in. Took him long enough to actually do anything more than just stand around. Perhaps Ichigo will take down Aizen, probably not though.

Wouldn't it be funny if this was all part of Gin's plan? He hasn't done anything more than have a monologue. There has to be another reason he's there.
#217 Mar 12 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,917 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if this was all part of Gin's plan?

I'm really hoping it is. I don't care if it make sense or not.
#218 Mar 19 2010 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
Aizen wrote:
You've activated my trap card!
Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#219 Mar 19 2010 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
All I can say is, what the **** Kubo. Is he serious about this? Everything has been part of Aizen's plan all along? He becomes even more godly than before? All that's missing is Aizen to say he's Ichigo's father.

I hope the next chapter will have more meat to it. This one could have been longer, much longer.
#220 Mar 19 2010 at 8:29 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Aizen wrote:
You've activated my trap card!
Smiley: oyvey


Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol

So true though...
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#221 Mar 19 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
All I can say is, what the @#%^ Kubo. Is he serious about this? Everything has been part of Aizen's plan all along? He becomes even more godly than before? All that's missing is Aizen to say he's Ichigo's father.

I hope the next chapter will have more meat to it. This one could have been longer, much longer.


Well, this one is a bit more of a stretch to see it as Aizen's plan. At least until the point in which Ichigo had actually become relevant. Especially since I think I recall him saying he had to adapt due to what Ichigo did in Soul Society when rescuing Rukia(Least I had thought he said something to this effect in the manga).

Part of it could simply be some cockiness and mind games. Making it seem as if it was all planned when it was merely adaption halfway through.

So now we see these hogyoku superpowers Aizen has considering he didn't hollowfy himself(as much as we can trust his word on anything) and why Ichigo's powers have relevance to him more so than any other powerful soul reaper or arrancar.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#222 Mar 19 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Or perhaps Urahara has a way to make the Hougyoku explode and then he shows up and saves the day and gets revenge on Aizen. That would be hilarious and completely unexpected.
#223 Mar 20 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
***
1,171 posts
Quote:
Or perhaps Urahara has a way to make the Hougyoku explode and then he shows up and saves the day and gets revenge on Aizen. That would be hilarious and completely unexpected.


In that case I could just copy/paste from lolgaxe in response to that scenario.



Quote:
You've activated my trap card!
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?111209
Mnk90 Whm90 Smn90 Blm90 Sam81 Pld60
Bastokan and proud!
#224 Mar 22 2010 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,926 posts
PaladinStargazer wrote:
All I can say is, what the @#%^ Kubo. Is he serious about this? Everything has been part of Aizen's plan all along? He becomes even more godly than before? All that's missing is Aizen to say he's Ichigo's father.

I hope the next chapter will have more meat to it. This one could have been longer, much longer.



Xanatos, not the first time either.

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:20pm by Zieveraar
____________________________


#225 Mar 22 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
That was dangerous... I almost got caught up in TVTropes for an indeterminate amount of time. Thankfully I kept myself to just 2 pages and can now get back to work.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#226 Mar 22 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,917 posts
Zieveraar wrote:
Xanatos, not the first time either.

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:19pm by Zieveraar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2010 5:20pm by Zieveraar

Three edits and you still manage to not get it right?
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)