Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The Shadowstrike Thread (Formerly the Bleach/Manga One)Follow

#1052 Aug 01 2012 at 5:02 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
One Piece: Boy and his Blob. If you weren't thinking, you are now.
Naruto: It's one of those "it's totally going to be interesting eventually" feelings, but at the same time nothing really happened. "Kakashi noticed something" doesn't really satisfy me as an entire chapter.
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Also, it'd be funny if Kenpachi was Yachiru's sword.
I've been thinking about this. If Kenpachi is the manifested form of Yachiru's zanpankuto that makes her the most powerful Shinigami of all time, since he's been out 24/7 for how many centuries now without any external help such as Muramasa's ability.
Anime, little happy girl in the middle of death and destruction? Makes the theory make more sense to me. Or maybe Kenpachi is the real and Yachiru is the sword. I kind of get the whole Tony Starrk type vibe thing going since very little is actually discussed or explored about either of them.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1053 Aug 01 2012 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,526 posts
Bleach: Yea, guess this does explain some stuff. Unfortunate. Also, mangastream's title for the chapter is pretty funny.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#1054 Aug 02 2012 at 9:08 AM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Naruto: It's one of those "it's totally going to be interesting eventually" feelings, but at the same time nothing really happened. "Kakashi noticed something" doesn't really satisfy me as an entire chapter.

dunno, they landed a pretty solid hit on aizentobi at the very least. I've been wanting to see him get hit by @#%^ing something for a while now Smiley: laugh
edit:
Fairy Tail: 34 pages of curb stomping. Beautiful, beautiful curbstomping. The DRAGONFORCEBIATCH. Like they'll win.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2012 7:18pm by Jinte
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1055 Aug 03 2012 at 7:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
Fairy Tale: Queue the Final Battle music!



Edited, Aug 3rd 2012 9:12pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1056 Aug 03 2012 at 7:25 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Fairy Tale: Queue the Final Battle music!

Yeah, well now I won't be able to read it any other way. Smiley: motz

Not a bad fight. I actually kind of expected it to take longer, with more back and forth but seeing Natsu and Gajeel almost entirely dominate the new guys and force them to "use their true strength" so quickly was great. Logic states that next chapter will involve the new guys dominating the whole chapter and then a final chapter with Natsu and Gajeel figuring out how to Dragon Force and eventually win, but FT has been pretty good about ditching logic in a good way and we could see it happen next chapter. ****, we might even see them smirk and SSJ the first few pages of the next chapter. I mean, with how Erza, Cana, and Laxus being absolutely dominating it wouldn't be a surprise.

I actually only wanted to post this picture I found.
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1057 Aug 03 2012 at 7:40 PM Rating: Good
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Fairy Tale: Queue the Final Battle music!



I prefer this one, myself:



Edited, Aug 3rd 2012 9:46pm by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#1058 Aug 04 2012 at 3:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,325 posts
I feel like I'm watching Raven Tail getting stomped again...

Given how fast this is going, I think what's going to happen is, Dragon Force is going to let Sting and Rogue make this a draw or win...and THEN Natsu and Gajeel will figure out how to do that in the 5v5 free for all.
#1059 Aug 08 2012 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
In lieu of jump being on break this week, I bring you a scene from toriko's after-credits:
Ohban, Vice-warden of the world's most dangerous prison, and one of the people responsible for containing Zebra (WARNING: TVTROPES LINKS. EXPAND AND MOUSE OVER AT YOUR OWN RISK) the Team Complete Monster with a Heart of Gold, in the after-credits silliness, was put through three "dress up scene" pics. In the first, he was made into a biker. The second had him dressed as a samurai. The Third? Well...

Screenshot


...I'll let him speak for it

Screenshot



____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1060 Aug 08 2012 at 8:00 AM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
It does accentuate his lovely calves.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1061 Aug 11 2012 at 10:42 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Naruto: So apparently, Tobi is either Obito, or has his eye. I know that was one of the big theories, but given how that whole scene played out between obito and kakashi, I really can't understand the logic of it actually being him, so much as someone who took his eye...
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1062 Aug 11 2012 at 11:09 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Naruto - I don't want it to be Tobi because it completely negates my three theories. Smiley: frown

Bleach - Kenpachi still a badass. "They talked too much so I killed them. Then the guy turned into me so that was kind of tough, so I just got tougher." Smiley: inlove

One Piece - Trafalgar Law, insidious ******* and Meeting of the Novas, which I imagine is because as badass as they are the olde kings like Shank are that much more badass and an alliance is out of necessity for survival.

So was this were these a leak of next week's chapter?

Major edits

Edited, Aug 12th 2012 10:35am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1063 Aug 11 2012 at 11:19 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
I think it's this bit of theory craft:

From the Obito wiki page: "During the Fourth Shinobi World War, Tobi claimed to have acquired Obito's right eye during the battle of Kannabi Bridge, which is why Kakashi's Kamui is connected to the same dimension his own space–time ninjutsu." So Kakashi didn't just figure out where Tobi was moving (to another dimension) by amazing insight; he sensed it because Obito's eye sensed it too.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1064 Aug 12 2012 at 8:54 AM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Naruto - I don't want it to be Tobi because it completely negates my three theories. Smiley: frown

Bleach - Kenpachi still a badass. "They talked too much so I killed them. Then the guy turned into me so that was kind of tough, so I just got tougher." Smiley: inlove

One Piece - Trafalgar Law, insidious ******* and Meeting of the Novas, which I imagine is because as badass as they are the olde kings like Shank are that much more badass and an alliance is out of necessity for survival.

So was this were these a leak of next week's chapter?

Major edits

Edited, Aug 12th 2012 10:35am by lolgaxe

aren't they normally released early the weak after a full magazine break?

Bleach: Honestly, Kenpachi alone is enough to make suffering through this worthwhile. Smiley: laugh


catwho wrote:
I think it's this bit of theory craft:

From the Obito wiki page: "During the Fourth Shinobi World War, Tobi claimed to have acquired Obito's right eye during the battle of Kannabi Bridge, which is why Kakashi's Kamui is connected to the same dimension his own space–time ninjutsu." So Kakashi didn't just figure out where Tobi was moving (to another dimension) by amazing insight; he sensed it because Obito's eye sensed it too.


It's possible, I just don't have faith in kishimoto any more.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1065 Aug 15 2012 at 1:04 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Lady Jinte wrote:
aren't they normally released early the weak after a full magazine break?
I kind of doubted this, as I was pretty sure that books delayed by Golden Week were released the following week at the regular day but I didn't really have any way to prove it as anything other than a hunch and possibly faulty memory, but I guess this week kind of proves that. Early release, and Fairy Tail this weekend.

Also reiteration that, no matter how awful Bleach has been, currently is, and eventually gets, Kenpachi will always be badass, even if he is Yachiru's bankai. That really is the one constant that keeps me reading.

Very Late Edit: Death in Binbougami Ga is adorable. Smiley: inlove

Edited, Aug 15th 2012 10:14pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1066 Aug 16 2012 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Lady Jinte wrote:
aren't they normally released early the weak after a full magazine break?
I kind of doubted this, as I was pretty sure that books delayed by Golden Week were released the following week at the regular day but I didn't really have any way to prove it as anything other than a hunch and possibly faulty memory, but I guess this week kind of proves that. Early release, and Fairy Tail this weekend.

Also reiteration that, no matter how awful Bleach has been, currently is, and eventually gets, Kenpachi will always be badass, even if he is Yachiru's bankai. That really is the one constant that keeps me reading.

Very Late Edit: Death in Binbougami Ga is adorable. Smiley: inlove

Edited, Aug 15th 2012 10:14pm by lolgaxe


honestly, I'm just hoping kubo doesn't actually do what it looks like he's going to do, and worf kenpachi, what with kenpachi diving headfirst into the big bad boss.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1067 Aug 17 2012 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
Fairy Tail: Well, it wasn't as curbstomp as it appeared. Also, random minecart from nowhere?
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#1068 Aug 17 2012 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Fairy Tail: Well, it wasn't as curbstomp as it appeared. Also, random minecart from nowhere?


Sting's attack destroyed the floor of the arena, apparently there is a mine underneath it.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1069 Aug 17 2012 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
"Hey guys, let's put this mine underneath an arena"

Makes sense.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#1070 Aug 17 2012 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
"Hey guys, let's put this mine underneath an arena"

Makes sense.


Most likely they built the arena on top of the mine so they can hide the magic siphon/celestial gate under it without anyone getting wise.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1071 Aug 17 2012 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Gajeel didn't have any problem in that giant traveling castle during his introduction. Smiley: dubious

The whole "I was just letting myself get beat up so I could study you" schtick always annoys me, manga and comics.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1072 Aug 17 2012 at 12:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Gajeel didn't have any problem in that giant traveling castle during his introduction. Smiley: dubious


giant traveling magic castle
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1073 Aug 17 2012 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
It's been noted that Gajeel only recently developed the motion sickness associated with dragon-slayerishness. Wendy is either immune or will presumably develop it at some point in the future. Honestly, I think that the point of this is that although Sting and Rogue are quite a bit stronger, Natsu's a better tactical fighter.

It's like the smart kid in school who never studied and always waited until the day-of to do homework, and yet got all As, who gets accepted to a good university and learns that in college that ain't good enough. If you're not genius-level smart in high school, you have to actually learn good study habits at some point, and bother reading the textbook in order to make good grades The super smart kid finds himself getting Ds and Fs in college because he's out partying all night, where as the not-quite-as-smart kid hits the books once in a while and makes all As.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1074 Aug 18 2012 at 4:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,325 posts
Wendy cheats and uses Troia if she has to get in a vehicle.
#1075 Aug 20 2012 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The whole "I was just letting myself get beat up so I could study you" schtick always annoys me, manga and comics.

it's a bit cliche, but if you know how to take a hit, or make it seem like you're getting hit when you're not, it is a perfectly viable tactic in a one on one fight, so long as blades/guns aren't involved (at least, as far as RL goes), but does leave you open to underestimating your opponent. In Natsu's case, he's been thrown around be some of the strongest mages in the world, as well as monsters, and a giant mechanical dragon thing. The combination of how many fights he's been in and how sturdy he is means it's a fairly feasible idea when dealing with something unknown, such as Sting's White dragon techniques. Is it over done? yea. It didn't feel out of place in this situation, though, for me.

catwho wrote:
It's been noted that Gajeel only recently developed the motion sickness associated with dragon-slayerishness. Wendy is either immune or will presumably develop it at some point in the future.

During the race-battle-thing, Gajeel was made aware that he's suddenly weak to transportation, and was very vocal about how he hadn't ever had a problem with it prior. Mashima made it pretty clear that either "something changed over the 7 years to cause it to affect gajeel" or "I'm retconning this, but I figured I'd make a joke since I could." As for Wendy, it could go either way, either she uses Troia to keep herself immune, or she gets subject to it as well, due to rules of funny and cute.

catwho wrote:
Honestly, I think that the point of this is that although Sting and Rogue are quite a bit stronger, Natsu's a better tactical fighter.

It's like the smart kid in school who never studied and always waited until the day-of to do homework, and yet got all As, who gets accepted to a good university and learns that in college that ain't good enough. If you're not genius-level smart in high school, you have to actually learn good study habits at some point, and bother reading the textbook in order to make good grades The super smart kid finds himself getting Ds and Fs in college because he's out partying all night, where as the not-quite-as-smart kid hits the books once in a while and makes all As.

I don't necessarily think it's even that they're stronger. Consider that, despite being able to use it now, as he's shown previously, Natsu's yet to use any raienryu technnique. Dude's been holding back. Gajeel too. I think they both want to have fun with this fight, so they've been holding back to make sure it lasts.

Side note: I love the look on Rogue's face when Natsu and Gajeel get back up. It emphasizes that what I said about them wanting it to be a fun fight, and I'm guessing means that's a two way street, all four of them have been looking forward to this fight Smiley: laugh


Edited, Aug 20th 2012 5:46pm by Jinte
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1076 Aug 20 2012 at 5:21 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
You guys are forgetting about the biggest mystery of them all! What's with the Frog Suit? Is it cosplay, or does it allow Frosch to jump higher and swim faster than normal Exceeds?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1077 Aug 20 2012 at 8:29 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
You guys are forgetting about the biggest mystery of them all! What's with the Frog Suit? Is it cosplay, or does it allow Frosch to jump higher and swim faster than normal Exceeds?

I'm pretty sure it's just Frosch's style.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1078 Aug 20 2012 at 9:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
He's cosplaying a Porrogo.

Remember, Mashima plays FFXI.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1079 Aug 21 2012 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
catwho wrote:
He's cosplaying a Porrogo.
I don't think he looks like a Polish dumpling. Smiley: confused
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1080 Aug 21 2012 at 12:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
Sue me for spelling it wrong.

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Poroggo
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1081 Aug 21 2012 at 1:12 PM Rating: Good
lolgaxe wrote:
catwho wrote:
He's cosplaying a Porrogo.
I don't think he looks like a Polish dumpling. Smiley: confused
Do you mean pierogi? I've never heard of a porrogo. Smiley: confused
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#1082 Aug 22 2012 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
It's like my wife and I are the only ones that know that comedy routine. Say a word, second person describes something that vaguely sounds like the word. Smiley: disappointed

Bleach: A little back story of a character that never had a front story. We could have awesome Kenpachi action but noooo ...

Naruto: Kakashi thinks its Obito, pretty obviously placed cliffhanger end.

One Piece: I think I'm missing a few pages on Mangahere ... had to find a different page. Anyway, good to see that even with the time skip, the Straw Hats aren't infallible nor ridiculously underpowered. They're still generally weak to status effects like Law's Heart Switch and Caesar's Gas (teehee).

Fair Tail: SHE TURNED REAL!

Overall: Lots of nothing!
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1083 Aug 22 2012 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
lolgaxe wrote:
Bleach: A little back story of a character that never had a front story. We could have awesome Kenpachi action but noooo ...


To be fair, that end shot of geezer cremating the guy was pretty cool.

Quote:
Fairy Tail: SHE TURNED REAL!


It was pretty funny seeing them do a western comic style in a manga, have to admit. Even if it didn't look too great in some of the panels.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#1084 Aug 22 2012 at 3:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Quote:
Fairy Tail: SHE TURNED REAL!


It was pretty funny seeing them do a western comic style in a manga, have to admit. Even if it didn't look too great in some of the panels.


They should have had Jellal show up in a bat costume and flirt with Erza.

Edited, Aug 22nd 2012 5:29pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1085 Aug 22 2012 at 3:53 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,586 posts
Even nodding to the idea of Obito reeks of lazyness.
#1086 Aug 24 2012 at 5:40 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,586 posts
Fairy Tail: At some point, they're going to run out of adjectives. I guess I should probably know who mystery dude is, but I don't pay all that much attention.
#1087 Aug 24 2012 at 6:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
Allegory wrote:
Fairy Tail: At some point, they're going to run out of adjectives. I guess I should probably know who mystery dude is, but I don't pay all that much attention.


It's Zeref, the schizo death mage. Also on the last page, is that Natsu on the magic monitor, cause he looks kind of flat.

Also also, I foresee Gajeel in the mine cart stumbling onto the location of the magic siphon.


Edited, Aug 26th 2012 6:39pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1088 Aug 24 2012 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Also also, I foresee Gajeel in the mine cart stumbling onto the location of the magic siphon.
Ha, that'd be good, and it'd fit the writing style pretty well.

My take: A little disappointed that Natsu didn't Dragonforce. I mean, it kind of fits with how Erza, Laxus, and Cana just steamrolled through the competition like it was nothing. I'd add Lucy to the list, since it's more plot contrivance that beats her than actual tournament, but she's 0/2 so far. I expect to see Dragonforce later when the Big Bad™ of the arc makes his move, and to be shown to be ineffective at which point something new will be introduced.[/spoiler]

Edited, Aug 24th 2012 9:53am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1089 Aug 24 2012 at 7:57 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Also also, I foresee Gajeel in the mine cart stumbling onto the location of the magic siphon.
Ha, that'd be good, and it'd fit the writing style pretty well.

My take: A little disappointed that Natsu didn't Dragonforce. I mean, it kind of fits with how Erza, Laxus, and Cana just steamrolled through the competition like it was nothing. I'd add Lucy to the list, since it's more plot contrivance that beats her than actual tournament, but she's 0/2 so far. I expect to see Dragonforce later when the Big Bad™ of the arc makes his move, and to be shown to be ineffective at which point something new will be introduced.

Edited, Aug 24th 2012 9:53am by lolgaxe


Since Zeref is running the show for this arc, it's gonna be him or one of his demons (hence "The Demon King Festival"). Most likely this will be the "Aizen" fight for Fairy Tail, and then it will be nothing but weak storylines and filler till the series ends.[/spoiler]
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1090 Aug 29 2012 at 7:16 AM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Well, Zeref is allegedly running the show. High possibility, but who knows. He didn't really seem like much of a bad guy, much less a Big Bad, in the previous arc.

Started reading "Its Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular" while waiting on the big titles. It's amusing, but the main character is kind of sad. It's about a girl who is detached from society (high school society, anyway), and is highly distraught over it and trying to change that, though has no idea how to or if her efforts are even working or not.

Naruto made me roll my eyes. Of all the directions the author could have gone, he went with the most obvious.

One Piece Vergas seems to be another absent-minded super power, which tends to be amusing. Also, now there's a spoon on his cheek. I'm wondering if that's going to play a bigger role or if it's just a character gimmick. I guess the big thing of this chapter was that G-5 really likes Tashigi, and that the Harpy-lady is up to something.

Bleach ************* you.[/spoiler]

Edited, Aug 29th 2012 10:35am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1091 Aug 29 2012 at 8:16 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,586 posts
So bad Naruto. So bad. Way to let fan ******* dictate your storyline.
#1092 Aug 29 2012 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
Mangastream has the new Ruroni Kenshin manga up. It's a completely different story from the original manga with people showing up in it way earlier that they should. I'm not sure if it following the plot of the new Live Action movie or not. It's still pretty good.

Edited, Aug 29th 2012 10:48am by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1093 Aug 29 2012 at 8:55 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,526 posts
Sweet! Have to check that out
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#1094 Aug 29 2012 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Two chapters of it are up on Mangahere.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1095 Aug 29 2012 at 2:49 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Naruto made me roll my eyes. Of all the directions the author could have gone, he went with the most obvious.

One Piece Vergas seems to be another absent-minded super power, which tends to be amusing. Also, now there's a spoon on his cheek. I'm wondering if that's going to play a bigger role or if it's just a character gimmick. I guess the big thing of this chapter was that G-5 really likes Tashigi, and that the Harpy-lady is up to something.

Bleach @#%^ you.

Edited, Aug 29th 2012 10:35am by lolgaxe

yep. Smiley: glare
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1096 Aug 29 2012 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
I at least liked the flashback in Naruto being done without words. Silent panels aren't done too much in shonen, it can really add some weight to things.

Honestly, I don't think Kishimoto really had the identity of Tobi set way back when he was first introduced. The whole "I'm this comic relief character! No I'm not! I'm Madara! No I'm not! I'm Obito!" thing is just unnecessary. And dumb.

Still, it's not like Kishimoto had many options for this reveal. If he wanted it to have weight, it would be better as someone from the past. Especially if they were an Uchiha, since there's still that whole Senju vs Uchiha/Good vs Evil theme going on. Only other options are really Itachi's dead friend and Madara's brother, neither of which we would have recognized, probably.

Honestly, I think Obito was probably one of the best choices he could have made as for who was actually behind the mask. But the whole presentation of Tobi from the beginning was kind of poorly executed, I felt.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#1097 Aug 29 2012 at 7:35 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
I at least liked the flashback in Naruto being done without words. Silent panels aren't done too much in shonen, it can really add some weight to things.

Honestly, I don't think Kishimoto really had the identity of Tobi set way back when he was first introduced. The whole "I'm this comic relief character! No I'm not! I'm Madara! No I'm not! I'm Obito!" thing is just unnecessary. And dumb.

Still, it's not like Kishimoto had many options for this reveal. If he wanted it to have weight, it would be better as someone from the past. Especially if they were an Uchiha, since there's still that whole Senju vs Uchiha/Good vs Evil theme going on. Only other options are really Itachi's dead friend and Madara's brother, neither of which we would have recognized, probably.

Honestly, I think Obito was probably one of the best choices he could have made as for who was actually behind the mask. But the whole presentation of Tobi from the beginning was kind of poorly executed, I felt.

If nothing else, it's going to be interesting to see what sort of nonsense Kishimoto pulls off to explain how the flying **** obito survived having a boulder the size of a truck crush the right half of his body, then losing his left eye, and then having even more boulders collapse on top of him. Kid was dead. However.... Perhaps it will explain how Kakashi got his mangekyou... You know... that one ******* plot hole suddenly has Obito making a ******* more sense...
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#1098 Aug 29 2012 at 7:42 PM Rating: Good
Ninja magic!
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#1099 Aug 29 2012 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Ninja magic!


Ninja Art: Anagram Shield (Obito to Tobi O)
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#1100 Aug 29 2012 at 8:15 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
Lady Jinte wrote:
how the flying @#%^ obito survived having a boulder the size of a truck crush the right half of his body, then losing his left eye, and then having even more boulders collapse on top of him. Kid was dead.

Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1101 Aug 31 2012 at 5:52 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
Fairy Tail:

1) THANK YOU! Cover Page

2) Musketeer Mage didn't copy any of Natsu or Gajeel's main attacks, so memorizing their movements is going to become useless real quick.

3) I still believe Gajeel is going to find the magic siphon.

4) I bet it's Ur.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CST
Allegory, Shojindo, trickybeck, Anonymous Guests (24)