Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Calling Bravura WARs..Follow

#1 Sep 11 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
582 posts
Anyone want to team up for the latest magian trial? Puks are god awful, with their flash and blink TP moves messing up killshots. Maybe wanted to try a dragon MMM with more than 1 WAR. It was awfully slow with just a WHM and a WAR even with peon and weakness runes set.

Shoot Eyrhika a tell in game or reply here and maybe we can set something up.
#2Fynlar, Posted: Sep 11 2010 at 4:46 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Haha, you funny. Me like funny people.
#3 Sep 11 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
team up
Quote:
killshots
Haha, you funny. Me like funny people.
All killshot trials now apply to all party members, try to keep up.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#4Fynlar, Posted: Sep 11 2010 at 4:57 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Says where?
#5 Sep 11 2010 at 4:59 PM Rating: Good
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
All killshot trials now apply to all party members, try to keep up.
Says where?
Various people doing relics, and/or staff/etc trials.
Quote:
Not that it affects my statement, because people still wouldn't team up anyway.
Why wouldn't they...?
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#6 Sep 11 2010 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,759 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Not that it affects my statement, because people still wouldn't team up anyway.
I've already heard multiple stories of full parties of relic-holders going to town on upgrade trials. One of which is here.
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#7 Sep 12 2010 at 1:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
582 posts
Person A gets a killshot w/ a relic WS on the correct mob, person B with the same relic/trial will also get credit now if they are int he party and in EXP range. Been reported plenty of times on BG. Even a report of 8 Amano SAMs doing 1500ish kills in ~8 hours by going to town in Vunkerl
#8Fynlar, Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 5:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Topic title gives no direct indication that it would be about the whole killshot thing, therefore I hadn't ever even gone in that thread to look for it. Not that I'm blaming Vawn, because that wasn't the main point of his thread, just a supporting point.
#9 Sep 12 2010 at 5:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
351 posts
Lots of people would team up, it's more like the minority that won't team up. :/

BTW, wtf is with your new icon, Rog. ; ; Freaking me out.
#10 Sep 12 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Shiala wrote:
Lots of people would team up, it's more like the minority that won't team up. :/

BTW, wtf is with your new icon, Rog. ; ; Freaking me out.
It's just to **** with kao.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#11 Sep 12 2010 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
351 posts
It looks at me no matter where I go.
#12 Sep 12 2010 at 10:37 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,759 posts
Shiala wrote:
BTW, wtf is with your new icon, Rog. ; ; Freaking me out.
It's an OOT thing. I've literally browsed OOT only once, and the first thing I picked up on was the fear of spiders.
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#13 Sep 13 2010 at 9:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
582 posts
The sheer fact that I was asking to team up should have at least given you some find of hint. And I have had great success teaming up with random people, even JPs, on other non killshot trials, so I guess I don't come off as a **** when I ask people to team up.
#14Fynlar, Posted: Sep 13 2010 at 1:25 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well, it didn't. o_O That's why I posted the snooty response that I did, because I was wondering why you'd want other people with presumably the same killshot trial to team up, instead of looking for other people that needed dragons/puks but not killshots.
#15 Sep 13 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
All killshot trials now apply to all party members, try to keep up.


Says where?

Not that it affects my statement, because people still wouldn't team up anyway.


Seriously, what is up with statements like this? I did a shout the other day for Amano users to team up and someone who I thought was my friend (still was on my friendlist) starting calling me out in shout. Basically, said if I need help to kill crabs for my trial, I should quit the game and am basically no better than RMT...

Anyway that's a differnt story, but the point is of course people team up for this. I teamed up with 7 other GK SAMs and knocked out all 2000 kills in 2 sessions. It took me over a week killing the same number of birds solo.

Fynlar wrote:

Well, it didn't. o_O That's why I posted the snooty response that I did, because I was wondering why you'd want other people with presumably the same killshot trial to team up, instead of looking for other people that needed dragons/puks but not killshots.

Just saying to not assume people will magically know this kind of stuff, particularly when SE doesn't mention it right in the update notes, isn't commonly (and clearly) mentioned around the general forum, and when it's still fresh after the update.


The vast majority of relic owners have been well aware of the magian trial update for a while, so I don't see anything wrong asking people to team up. If you are going to have "snooty" responses, be prepared to get flamed when you don't know what you're talking about. You were harassing the guy, implying he didn't know what he was talking about, when in fact it was just the opposite.

Edited, Sep 13th 2010 7:05pm by Vawn43
#16 Sep 13 2010 at 7:21 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,180 posts
Quote:
Seriously, what is up with statements like this? I did a shout the other day for Amano users to team up and someone who I thought was my friend (still was on my friendlist) starting calling me out in shout. Basically, said if I need help to kill crabs for my trial, I should quit the game and am basically no better than RMT...

Anyway that's a differnt story, but the point is of course people team up for this. I teamed up with 7 other GK SAMs and knocked out all 2000 kills in 2 sessions. It took me over a week killing the same number of birds solo.


Most people doing killshot trials that I've encountered wouldn't even respond to tells, so yeah... I don't know why such a reaction would be unexpected, especially if they didn't know that killshots now count for the whole group. Which wouldn't surprise me, given how many "veteran" players I still encounter to this day that don't know that OP warps exist.


Quote:
The vast majority of relic owners have been well aware of the magian trial update for a while, so I don't see anything wrong asking people to team up. If you are going to have "snooty" responses, be prepared to get flamed when you don't know what you're talking about. You were harassing the guy, implying he didn't know what he was talking about, when in fact it was just the opposite.


The information isn't out there to a sufficient enough degree yet, because like I said, I've never heard of it before this thread (and I actually do quite a bit of combing around for news after an update, much more than the average player probably does), and it was nowhere in the notes.

All I'm saying is that you might get a better response if you point out "hey, btw, killshots count for everyone now" because not everyone is going to know this beforehand.

By the way, I don't think you can speak for the "vast majority of relic owners", either. I still see soloers.
#17 Sep 14 2010 at 2:16 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
575 posts
Fynlar wrote:

Quote:
The vast majority of relic owners have been well aware of the magian trial update for a while, so I don't see anything wrong asking people to team up. If you are going to have "snooty" responses, be prepared to get flamed when you don't know what you're talking about. You were harassing the guy, implying he didn't know what he was talking about, when in fact it was just the opposite.


The information isn't out there to a sufficient enough degree yet, because like I said, I've never heard of it before this thread (and I actually do quite a bit of combing around for news after an update, much more than the average player probably does), and it was nowhere in the notes.

All I'm saying is that you might get a better response if you point out "hey, btw, killshots count for everyone now" because not everyone is going to know this beforehand.

By the way, I don't think you can speak for the "vast majority of relic owners", either. I still see soloers.


I can and will speak for the vast majority of relic owners. I have not spoken to one yet who did not know this. So far, it has only been others (specifially you on the forums and another jerk in-game) that commented on the subject even though it really doesn't involve them. After the work we put into getting the weapons, most relic owners stay on top of stuff like this and communicate amongst themselves. If you still see relic soloers upgrading it is because they haven't found other same weapon relic upgraders currently working on the trial.

I find it funny how you keep telling the OP how he could get a "better response" if he explained things better. The only negative responses came from yourself, and you came off like a jerk - a jerk who obviously didn't know what he was talking about. Like I said, his target audience already knew the information. He shouldn't need to explain it so people not involved won't be confused and make smartass comments.

Why don't you log on today and send a /tell to every relic weapon player and say "hey did you know you can do magian trials with other same weapon relic users now?" and see if you get a single response that isn't "Uh... duh?".


Edited, Sep 14th 2010 4:22pm by Vawn43
#18 Sep 14 2010 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
582 posts
Fynlar wrote:

By the way, as a possible alternative to puks, have you considered trying Ignidrakes in Riverne B? They're significantly lower level than the puks but still high enough to all check EP, and you can also use Signet protection; slow respawns might be an issue though.


I may be mistaken, but I think they took out some of the EP drakes to make room for the VT drakes when they uncapped CoP zones. I went through there with a friend and was /RNG and couldn't find a group of more than ~5 in a small area.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 9 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (9)