Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

LMXVIIFollow

#1 Jan 27 2008 at 10:57 PM Rating: Default
*
134 posts
Dear LMXVIII,

I wish to congrats you on your uncontested and untouchable claims on any and all HNM and Endgame Monsters you well please, Kings and such others.

Your unconventional claims, and drops are promoted you to Veteran Botters of the Ifrit Server. I would like to hand you a Medal Gold Star for your efforts, your time, lack of care of the fun-aspect of each player in this game who likes to camp HNM, yet are not capable to beat your bots.(/flame repellent on).

I am not one to camp Endgame monsters, nor do I care too, so don't even bother flaming me for making this post because I won't care to what you say, it doesn't affect me in no aspect or form. I just felt to make a Biography about you because you're so interesting!

Each bot is timed at different Delays, different times, as well as different areas. Each going off at 1-second intervals from one another. So much so, that even if one bot does not claim the Monster, another will.

Providing these Bots are Mafai, and Maury. The two head honchos of the Tool that all of LMXVII utilizes. Mafai being the administrator of the site that sells it, and Maury-the person who sells the "Product". Come on Down! The. Price. Is. Right! Only "X" amount of $$$ for this long lasting Bot for all your HNM claiming needs!

Not to mention, the selling of HNM and King drops relates to the same aspect of RMTing. But lets not go there shall we? We all know you claim any mob you want any day of the week so no other LSs get the same gear you do. It makes you feel special. No need to hand you a cookie.

Don't bulls.h.i.t. me on your methods, don't tell me you don't bot, don't explain to me why you bot. You all have admitted to botting on several occasions, several of you have been exposed by the lovely hacker about FFXIapp and other related programs. You all are exposed, you all are hated and you know it and probly don't care, no reason too honestly.

I do have to say tho, it was a smart move on your part to do this, because now you make oodles of gil and no one to compete with because all have given up camping endgame till SE makes all HNM force-popped like Sky. Then they will all Lol.

And for @#%^s sake...Clayton...and the other dumbsh^t who check alla posts, please don't reply...you are old and crippled forum trolls..Bring out the real a$$holes, don't be shy. Stick up for your LS. Ignoring this post otherwise means you agree with what I say, and what I post and that anything I post is unquestionable.

Did you know, the name of this particular LS is also the codename for when an account is banned on FFXI?

/flamesuit on. Good luck botting @#%^s.

Edited, Jan 28th 2008 12:59am by Jarmarious
____________________________
(Old)Tachkoma Ifrit: Retired: RNG75 BLM75 WAR75
ZM CoP Rank 10 Windurst: Complete
Azn is my B.I.T.C.H

When you help with the intentions of a evil heart, love can not ensue...
If you help with a good and loving heart, then everything is possible. Remember that.
#2 Jan 27 2008 at 11:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
859 posts
Lol. You told them. /rollseyes
____________________________
mostly quit
#3 Jan 28 2008 at 4:05 AM Rating: Excellent
**
727 posts
Old news. They don't deny they bot. They know everyone knows. They don't care. Their name itself mean Perm-ban. They play the game for the loot, they sit around all day and measure e-peens and count their ridills and adaburks.

Personally, I don't care anymore. Until SE sends me a banstick I can't do a **** thing about it. All I can do is exactly what I do, I don't party with any of their members, I don't associate with any of them in any way. Do they care if I hold them all in the deepest contempt? Not one damned bit.

The saddest part of it is that no longer to I look up to people who have the "Uber" gear. I no longer think "boy, they worked long and hard for that". Or, "they must be really good." Nowadays, if your sporting Ridill, or Adaburk, or anything of that nature, I just think, "there goes another pathetic loser who joined the botters".

____________________________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

#4 Jan 28 2008 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,578 posts
Quote:
The saddest part of it is that no longer to I look up to people who have the "Uber" gear. I no longer think "boy, they worked long and hard for that". Or, "they must be really good." Nowadays, if your sporting Ridill, or Adaburk, or anything of that nature, I just think, "there goes another pathetic loser who joined the botters".


I think this is sad too. Because they're willing to sacrifice all their morals to satisfy their desire to get the best gear, they end up diluting the accomplishments of everyone else in the game who actually earned their stuff fair and square. And that's only the start of the negative impact you guys are having on FFXI too. It's a shame that a few always have to spoil things for the whole.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#5 Jan 28 2008 at 10:06 AM Rating: Decent
*
134 posts
Still doesn't matter, best not to give any "1 Person spoiling it for another" phrase...come on, what kind of stuff is this?

I been playing for years, and this game as been really aweful on the concept of gear. It's almost like using gameshark on those old PS2 games, oce you got everything and conquer everything...what left is there to do? However on FFXI, there is limitless things to do, so the Gameshark keeps doing its job...

Except on FFXI you have People who hate you for it...rather they care or not is unknown. You have to think, after a while, you'd care ...because even the most sour person hates to be hated. Eats them away knowing no one even likes them.

I doubt LMXVII's own members like each other. All they are there for are the botters that claim to get drops so they can get more gear thats just data on a Server saying you got Auto-refresh. Yey for you. They don't care for you, they are not friends with you, they are just there touse each other to their own extent. And I wouldn't be surprised if someday alot of members leave when they got what they want.

Or we all could be wrong and LM17 could be a huge bang of old hillbillies who made a gang because they all love to hate each other and needed to have a LS who yells and cusses and hates each other because thats all they're used too.

Its like a abused dog and it's master. Master kicks Dog around and Dog keeps coming back because thats all it knows about being treated.

Maybe the true aspect of the LS means they love us and like to be around us and our "abuse" ? Wow...I never thought of this before...I am loved by LM17 <33
____________________________
(Old)Tachkoma Ifrit: Retired: RNG75 BLM75 WAR75
ZM CoP Rank 10 Windurst: Complete
Azn is my B.I.T.C.H

When you help with the intentions of a evil heart, love can not ensue...
If you help with a good and loving heart, then everything is possible. Remember that.
#6SevvKujata, Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 10:19 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Hi guys to everyone saying that ridills now a days are bot only clearly didn't realize that 97% of the leet gear in the game was botted, that includes relics paid from ls funds etc etc etc.
#7 Jan 28 2008 at 10:40 AM Rating: Decent
*
134 posts
You say they joined together to just to dominate the server. As if all them in one LS makes them claiming easier.

Need to look into it a little more kiddo. They don't dominate the server, they bot it. End of discussion. No questions asked. Don't even try to make them look like saints, or smart in that matter.

The day they actually domniate the server, I'll /bow to them. Till then, kinda sad thinking they all...omg wow...

I just now thought of something, they can't compete against other LSs because half of them can't even claim a Turtle, or Fafnir. So instead they use bots to do it for them...You'd think with all them "Leet 1337 skillz" Players in that LS they could actually claim something. Not to mention having 40+ members at each spawnpoint.

/sarcasim off(to an extent LoL).

Wow, just wow. I thought they sucked due to their bots, when in fact their bots make up for their lack of skillz in this game...I chuckled abit inside.
____________________________
(Old)Tachkoma Ifrit: Retired: RNG75 BLM75 WAR75
ZM CoP Rank 10 Windurst: Complete
Azn is my B.I.T.C.H

When you help with the intentions of a evil heart, love can not ensue...
If you help with a good and loving heart, then everything is possible. Remember that.
#8 Jan 28 2008 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
SE should do a big **** you" to botter shells like LM17 who monopolize landkings by making them force pop like ulli. Take fafnir for example, they could make the darters in the room drop a r/e item that pops fafnir, and fafnir could have a chane to drop a r/e item that pops nidhogg. So instead of the **** botters camping three zones individually(usually) for 9 hours a day, they would have to camp all three zones 24 hours a day and continuously kill kings all day long. Eventually they would get bored,have to go to sleep,go to post office to pick up welfare check for their unemployed asses. Also while they are trying to continue their straglehold on king gear it would leave mobs like cerberus and tiamat for the linkshells that dont have mules at the pop spots telling them they are up.

Or they could go the intelligent route and make the KS99 landkings drop the same things as the normal ones.
____________________________
75 DRK WAR SAM PLD BLU BRD DRG. 391 Merits ATM.
SPQR Linkshell.
#9 Jan 28 2008 at 3:18 PM Rating: Decent
*
137 posts
I just hopped on this thread because I thought LMXVII was going to be a thead about some1 getting banned but it wasn't. I read through it and want to say to the above poster making it like a pallas/alky thing on darters wouldn't work stricly because botting LS can just resort to botting the darters. The only way you are going to beat the botting LS's atm is,
"if you can't beat them, join them". Or just get your LS to bot the same way.
____________________________
Omnipotent - Cerberus - AfterMath LS
NIN75 - BLM75 - SKY/SEA: O
Bonecraft: 100+3
#10 Jan 28 2008 at 3:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
211 posts
thanks for the big news, everybody get out of ifrit while you can, women and small children first.

Head for the hills!
#11FatHoover, Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 4:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) LMXVII BOts no way! I'm sure glad you brought this to our attention. Actually we couldnt give 2 sh*ts about what you whiney little babies think about us. Most of us have full time jobs, camps are usually only 10 people or so using dualboxes, and I dare any other LS on this server to compete in shear skill with us. And no, claiming is not a skill, its what happens after you claim that counts. You guys can whine all you want about us, but we'll still be killing the big mobs, selling the drops to you and your friends, and have a blast doing it.
#12 Jan 28 2008 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,578 posts
Quote:
I dare any other LS on this server to compete in shear skill with us.


All other things being equal (ie. gear) I really doubt that.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#13FatHoover, Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 5:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so.
#14 Jan 28 2008 at 6:56 PM Rating: Decent
Wow....

Well have fun botting all the land kings an whatever you want. As for me I will just have to have fun playing this game.

Ohhhh yeah just out of curiosity how much did you sell your soul for?
#15 Jan 28 2008 at 7:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,578 posts
First, define what you consider to be "skill" in this game. Then define what you mean by "your LS"; Every member of your LS, or only a select amount? Then stipulate a proper venue and means of measuring said skill whereby we can directly compare yours to the rest of the people who play on Ifrit. Ballista won't work, it's almost an entirely different game. Whoever can get the most exp/hour? Too many variables. Claiming that your LS is the most skilled is rather like saying that the city where you live is "the coolest" and daring anybody to prove you wrong.

In my opinion, someone's skill in this game is directly proportional to their intelligence, the ability to adapt being a large subsection of that. I know I'm smarter than you so that's unfair. I also know that me and many others are driven by a sense of pride and accomplishment that no cheater could understand. That's two strikes against you. Perhaps as the underdog, you're the one who should be proving your skill to us?
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#16 Jan 28 2008 at 8:08 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
lol Fathoover, you act like there are no other linkshells who can kill the big HNMs in the game. If SPQR had a chance to claim landkings we would kill them pretty easily (we did for awhile before you botters united). We kill uncapped ouryu/baha2 usually once a week, tiamat is basically the same strategy as ouryu if you dont have an army and are lowmanning(which we do for everything). We dont do many ToA HNMs because either their drops arent worth it (beastmen bosses, Hydra), or they are camped by mules. We killed cerb before and im sure we could do it again. We can kill everything in sea (besides AV) with less than a full alliance and in many cases we duo them.

So find us a monster that you guys can kill with 18 people(or less) that we cant. The only things we cant kill are AV and maybe vrtra due to us not being a zoo linkshell(we have no intention of doing vrtra since we get plenty of manteels from baha2), all the bots in the world wont help you kill AV.

Edited, Jan 28th 2008 11:11pm by Ramsos
____________________________
75 DRK WAR SAM PLD BLU BRD DRG. 391 Merits ATM.
SPQR Linkshell.
#17 Jan 28 2008 at 8:31 PM Rating: Default
*
134 posts
However much I agree with this Ramsos character, I believe Filain has won this thread. The End.

You loose Fathoover. What Filian said was right, as the underdog, you should be proving your skill to us. Not us to you. There are many Endgame LSs who can easily, if not skillfully...destroy, or mutilate...any Endgame monster(Besides AV) that you kill..

Cept, they don't need Adaman Hauberks, Dalmys, Ridills. If anything, they are more skilled in the fact we people(as a Server) don't NEED these items you have to mutilate Endgame Monsters. Toss a few BRDs here and there, does the same thing.

Real skill comes from doing stuff without the aid of things assisting you. Try to beat that. B.i.t.c.h.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used bots to make killing the HNM easier too. I rememeber back when they had "Mog House" Bots that restored all your HP/MP at the click of a button, stats remove -na effects. Whos to say you don't now? You surely can't say you don't, as you all are lying botting cheating ...eh nevermind..off that rant...

The matter at hand... You claiming and killing anything does not prove your skill, when another LS with dedicated members, can do just that same thing as you swear by being your "Point of proof of our skill."

If you are going to defend yourself, quit trying to throw threats or challenges at us. Your effort is noted. But not cared. Just read the above statement I said. It speaks for itself.
____________________________
(Old)Tachkoma Ifrit: Retired: RNG75 BLM75 WAR75
ZM CoP Rank 10 Windurst: Complete
Azn is my B.I.T.C.H

When you help with the intentions of a evil heart, love can not ensue...
If you help with a good and loving heart, then everything is possible. Remember that.
#18 Jan 28 2008 at 9:32 PM Rating: Default
1 post
OP spelled the LS name wrong btw, only 2 Is, thanks.
#19 Jan 29 2008 at 6:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,817 posts
To the OP:

I have no clue what you're trying to accomplish. Your rant will fall on deaf ears. They don't give a **** about their reputation. All you did was **** in the wind. I understand your frustration, but really your post served no purpose other than to give them some lulz.


Fathoover wrote:
and I dare any other LS on this server to compete in shear skill with us

Lol... yeah, so skilled. Go wipe to Tiamat again and let the JP LS get claim and kill it. Soooooooo skilled! XD
____________________________
FFXI:
Fhqwghads - Galka - 75NIN/75DRK/75SAM/75MNK - Ifrit Server- Rank 10 - ZM Done - COP done
Too many merits to list, too many subjobs to list...
Trogdoor - Tarutaru - 75BLM/50BRD/41WHM - Ifrit Server- Rank 6 - ZM Done
#20 Jan 29 2008 at 8:40 AM Rating: Default
*
134 posts
I just hoped, by this thread Fhq, that in the occurance that people on FFXI were to hop on Alla, maybe they would read this, and take light of what is really going on and that it affects their gameplay just as well as others.

Automated reponces(sp) are being sent to players from GMs about calls about LM17(Wow fragment sentence!) GMs are ignoring any and all things about this certian subject at hand, Special Task Force most likely do not even know it exists. There are a few noteworthy GMs tho.

If anyone can recall, in 2004 there were Several JP players and a mix of NA players who did this very exact thing...rather they were all banned or deleted is unknown to me.

During that time they were either banned/semi-banned(some I would expect)-because it falls under the TOS's rules of Monopolizing Camps. Rather it be big, or small. It also falls under the rules of the TOS of not being allowed to sell rare/ex or EX items to the players of the FFXI economy.

Thats 2 counts of breaking TOS right now definatly punishable, now to look on how to "Prove" you bot, reguardless if you say you do or not in game would be ignored without asolute proof.

There are a couple of people who are looking into this now, and I have faith in their motives of what they are doing currently. Such a mass-scale monopolization, and the selling of Rare/ex and EX items would and definatly get the attention of SE, and possibly have GMs and the STF look into the matter. Sooner or later LM17 will slip up when this occurs.

If people would stop whining and complaining about the matter at hand(alot know who I am talking about..say something and don't do anything)We would be solving problems such as this, rather then watching it go by unnoticed.

The person to whom I refer to, got through to a noteworthy GM willing to listen to Ideas to fix problems instead of whining about it, talked face-to-face with SE, and soon, the Special Task Force. Something will be done sooner or later, or so I hope. If you all can help out, then maybe this 1-person effort right now, won't go to deaf ears.

I expect some comments(of course) from LM17 saying they are shaking in their boots /whoo no wai! But I promise you, if enough people join together, we will beat your a$$s down, and remove your filth from this server!

Rather any one cares about what I say, or rather they might taken light to this, I do not know. You all decide rather the botters stay, or rather they leave. I'll let it sit at that.

Edited, Jan 29th 2008 10:44am by Jarmarious
____________________________
(Old)Tachkoma Ifrit: Retired: RNG75 BLM75 WAR75
ZM CoP Rank 10 Windurst: Complete
Azn is my B.I.T.C.H

When you help with the intentions of a evil heart, love can not ensue...
If you help with a good and loving heart, then everything is possible. Remember that.
#21 Jan 29 2008 at 9:43 AM Rating: Default
49 posts
Fathoover wrote:
and I dare any other LS on this server to compete in shear skill with us.


LOL. I don't know whether to give you a breathmint or some toilet paper for all the **** coming out of your mouth.
____________________________
:::Ifrit server:::
PLD75 BLM75 MNK75 WHM75 BLU75
Leathercraft 100+3 All support crafts 60+1
LS: SPQR
--Retired--
#22 Jan 29 2008 at 9:46 AM Rating: Decent
11 posts
Quote:
Lol... yeah, so skilled. Go wipe to Tiamat again and let the JP LS get claim and kill it. Soooooooo skilled! XD


Better recheck your informant before you post we killed that Tiamat. Botting was the arguments since 2003. Try tell JP to stop botting kings and have a fair claim. Hope they listen to you.


Edited, Jan 29th 2008 9:52am by SkyeIfrit
#23 Jan 29 2008 at 9:47 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
27 posts
this looks fun. Feel like leaving my 2 cents on the matter, so here ya go.

Personally, no one in our ls cares what is said about us because this is what we signed up for, so i really dont see the point in these threads. Everyone in our ls has at some point felt exactly how you do now, with the choice in front of them to do nothing or even the playing field. I dont look down on anyone not resorting to use a claiming tool, but im still supprised people still complain about it seeing as this is how ifrit has worked(and the whole HNM scene for that matter) since before NA shells started camping kings.

So i guess keep flaming and hating and do whatever it is you do to pass the time, and we will keep dong what we do. SE will never fix this problem for you, and if they did it would be a good change to how king gear is obtained in my opinion, because the current method has been broken from day 1.

As for skill, hahaha. Not even gonna touch that because theres no way to prove it for either side of the argument.

-peace
____________________________
75 BLM-WAR. Lotsa merits and gear for both yadda yadda yadda
#24 Jan 29 2008 at 9:57 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
Fhqwghads wrote:
Lol... yeah, so skilled. Go wipe to Tiamat again and let the JP LS get claim and kill it. Soooooooo skilled! XD


Do you mean this one? on 1/27/2008
img85.imageshack.us/img85/3199/tiamat13bq3.jpg

To be fair we were attempting that thing with say 8 people, 2 or 3 of which were dual-boxes and we held for almost an hour until adds started to get messy, with 3 tanks - 2 of which had no fire builds (including me) since some of us don't tank as often as others.

So here is the rundown of what happened, we held for almost an hour and wiped, ps2 claimed and wiped somewhere in the 10% margin, JackyTeam claimed and let it regen about another 10%, they wiped and we claimed for the win.

So obviously you didn't know we killed, and I didn't even see you there - so make sure you know what happened before you throw out such remarks.


#25 Jan 29 2008 at 10:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,578 posts
Saying that "everybody else does it" is no excuse at all, it's still a moral decision that you chose incorrectly on. And I can't help but be confused at how you can still be so proud of yourselves.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#26SteelReserve, Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 10:12 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Holy **** never thought I would say this but...ulgokiem and I are on the same side. Weird!
#27 Jan 29 2008 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
145 posts
"Jarmarious" wrote:
the selling of Rare/ex and EX items would and definatly get the attention of SE, and possibly have GMs and the STF look into the matter.

Wrong!
img259.imageshack.us/img259/2979/gmlegalce5.jpg
____________________________
Clayton of Ifrit
75 PLD WAR RDM
#28 Jan 29 2008 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,817 posts
Soulav wrote:
Fhqwghads wrote:
Lol... yeah, so skilled. Go wipe to Tiamat again and let the JP LS get claim and kill it. Soooooooo skilled! XD


Do you mean this one? on 1/27/2008
img85.imageshack.us/img85/3199/tiamat13bq3.jpg

To be fair we were attempting that thing with say 8 people, 2 or 3 of which were dual-boxes and we held for almost an hour until adds started to get messy, with 3 tanks - 2 of which had no fire builds (including me) since some of us don't tank as often as others.

So here is the rundown of what happened, we held for almost an hour and wiped, ps2 claimed and wiped somewhere in the 10% margin, JackyTeam claimed and let it regen about another 10%, they wiped and we claimed for the win.

So obviously you didn't know we killed, and I didn't even see you there - so make sure you know what happened before you throw out such remarks.

Fair enough, you got the kill. But you wiped. If you guys are going to trumpet the skill horn, don't wipe.

Also, I agree that kings camps are horribly, horribly broken. I understand why LM17 bots. If they didn't bot, then other linkshells who did bot would be the focal point of the original post. The bottom line is SE needs to fix their design and move the drops to some other more accessible activity that doesn't require linkshells like LM17 to cheat and **** over honest players. At least LM17 has the balls to stand up and say they bot, rather than hide behind a veil of lies. I suppose in some sick way that's admirable, but that admiration is short lived when those fuckers out-claim us. =P
____________________________
FFXI:
Fhqwghads - Galka - 75NIN/75DRK/75SAM/75MNK - Ifrit Server- Rank 10 - ZM Done - COP done
Too many merits to list, too many subjobs to list...
Trogdoor - Tarutaru - 75BLM/50BRD/41WHM - Ifrit Server- Rank 6 - ZM Done
#29 Jan 29 2008 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
I have no idea why you are trying to insult how good we are of a LS. How do we know that most of you don't use programs? A lot of people that claimed they never would were on that list and I'm sure there's a few more on there now. It's easy to accuse players of ruining your experience by not having morals. Morals in a video game are you kidding me. That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. When my mobs are stolen at xp camps I don't claim the moral fiber of this community is dieing for lack of respect my own personal xp. They just stole the mob I'll get another lol. Don't pretend like you have any interest in kings. I haven't even heard of half of you.

Go ahead and try and insult me because I have a good reputation on this server. LMXVII has no hate in it. I've seen shells that are insulting us now with a **** of a lot more drama. **** Fhq back when bali was running PD, a long time before you were even there, we never even tried kings beyond the first day when tilo was there. You can call the people in our LS sell outs but we've been playing for 3 or 4 plus years and got tired of losing claim to JPs during NA time constantly. Almost none of you ever had to deal with that and now you're **** Maybe in 3 or 4 years of camping you'll finally have no competition either but until then I don't want to here it. I earned my gear so maybe you should go earn some yourself and stop crying like a bunch of 10 yos.

This fight has already played out on orderls.com and there was no winner. The fact is that if you're in this shell you see things a lot different. There is no drama, no fighting, and we actually have a good time. I can come home from class or going out with my gf and have something to do with ppl that I like. If you wanna be bitter about a stupid video game maybe you should just quit because you obviously aren't enjoying it. It doesnt have anything to do with us, you just like to play the victim. I'm sorry you've only been in endgame for 3 months a feel like you deserve endgame gear but it just doesn't happen that way. We have never used whatever job change **** someone is talking about. Insulted to hear anyone say that. Until you are in this shell and see how it works, I would stop trying to play the martyr.

~Koj~

p.s. quit ur ****
____________________________
~~75 WHM/ 75 BRD/ 75 WAR/ 75 RDM/ 75 COR/ 75 NIN/ 75 SMN/ 75 BLM~~
Everyone's Rancor
Fatesealers
Thewanderers
Rank 10 Bastok
RoZ : O CoP : O ToAU : O
#30 Jan 29 2008 at 1:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,578 posts
Claiming that you don't care about what anyone thinks of you is laughable. That's the only reason you're all here arguing. It's the only reason you would risk compromising or being suspended from everything you accomplished so far. The very reason why you cheat is exactly that: because you care about what other people think of you.

And that's why I know it hurts to hear this: Because you've made that choice and been flagged as a cheater, anything and everything you accomplish now and ever in this game has been completely invalidated. Nobody who knows or matters will ever look at your gear and go "oh wow"; We will simply see a person who was so desperate for acceptance that thay paid somebody real money and circumvented the rules to attain some intangible video-game equipment in the hopes of validating themselves.

Quote:
Go ahead and try and insult me because I have a good reputation on this server.


Nobody in your LS has a good reputation anymore.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#31 Jan 29 2008 at 1:50 PM Rating: Default
23 posts
Coming from someone I don't even know.... that doesn't really mean much. My reputation is just fine. It's the reason I've been on this server for so long w/o a single GM talking to me. Only thing you've accomplished is being an idiot on an internet forum. You've never even been at a camp or have anything to be proud of. Far as I see it, your opinion matters to me about as much as the president's. Elite group there big guy.

Oh btw Filian I'm pretty sure you probably suck at whm so if you want some tips I can show you how to be an endgame whm seeing as how you've never done it before.
____________________________
~~75 WHM/ 75 BRD/ 75 WAR/ 75 RDM/ 75 COR/ 75 NIN/ 75 SMN/ 75 BLM~~
Everyone's Rancor
Fatesealers
Thewanderers
Rank 10 Bastok
RoZ : O CoP : O ToAU : O
#32 Jan 29 2008 at 1:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
211 posts
Quote:
Claiming that you don't care about what anyone thinks of you is laughable. That's the only reason you're all here arguing. It's the only reason you would risk compromising or being suspended from everything you accomplished so far. The very reason why you cheat is exactly that: because you care about what other people think of you.

And that's why I know it hurts to hear this: Because you've made that choice and been flagged as a cheater, anything and everything you accomplish now and ever in this game has been completely invalidated. Nobody who knows or matters will ever look at your gear and go "oh wow"; We will simply see a person who was so desperate for acceptance that thay paid somebody real money and circumvented the rules to attain some intangible video-game equipment in the hopes of validating themselves.


You are coming off as quite the idiot. All members of LMXVII aren't here defending themselves to win people back, they are saying yeah and explaining (once again, not defending) and telling people to quit with the **** because nothing is coming of this thread. Furthermore, I can't speak for anybody in particular because I'm not even in this game anymore, but the reason they "cheat" so to speak isn't necessarily because they care what others think (if they did they wouldnt be so open about it), but maybe for personal enjoyment. I dont blame people for getting sick of standing at a king camp for 5 hours only to walk away empty handed... for months on end.

As for whomever said that the shell is a bunch of people that could care less about each other and are only in it for gear, well... once again I can't speak for anybody in particular but i knew a good amount of atarii members before the merge, and can say that many of the people from that shell are rather close. Whether people were in it for the gear or not in the beginning, i know many members who ended up in LMXVII and many who did not still keep in touch to this day.

Once again, I was never in any of the mentioned shells so take this however you'd like it.

This is a video game. The whole point of it is for people to enjoy themselves, and that is what KoJ was getting at. Certain people want to risk their accounts in order to do so, so be it. There is more for you to do in this game than wait for your ridill. Why not enjoy the aspects of the game that are immune to bot-claiming? Einherjar, dynamis, salvage, Nyzul Isle? Or is it that you don't have the social competence to put together a decent group for any of the above? Regardless of what people think, members of FS and Atarii those who are and those who arent in LMXVII accomplished some impressive things in my eyes. You can sit around all day and be a skeptic about how certain people programmed a bot to level then 1-92 in 2 and a half hours while making sure to kill stray mary whenever she pops, no matter what zone the player is in. The truth of the matter is that these players are only taking a minimal shortcut.

In essence, to claim a king you will typically need three things. Time, skill and luck. All of the players are sitting at their computers waiting for the pop so if they do claim there isnt just a mass wipe. That's the time investment. The skill comes in when 5 people across 8-10 characters kills a king in 15 minutes. Excuse them for eliminating most of the luck in who can hit their stun macro at the right time when the window hits. Sure it isn't particularly fair to others camping, nor is it fair to you when some idiot cuts you off on the way to a gas station, and buys the winning lottery ticket that would've been yours. That's life.

#33 Jan 29 2008 at 2:01 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
27 posts
this whole thread is laughable to me. im not defending anything because there is nothing to defend. Even all the false information you have been propagating im not going to correct, becuase quite frankly there is no point. There always has to be someone for people to blame for the injustices that occur on there behalf, and that just happens to be us for the time being.


And honestly, the thread title is the name of our ls, of course some of us are going to respond haha.
____________________________
75 BLM-WAR. Lotsa merits and gear for both yadda yadda yadda
#34 Jan 29 2008 at 2:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,578 posts
I challenge your morality, work ethic and personal determination and you come back at me with some watered down comment about my abilities as a White Mage? Am I supposed to say touchĂȘ?

I'm sure your reputation is just fine within your little LS, which seems to be where you're all living. Maybe you've failed to notice how much there is to FFXI besides camping Kings, or even how there are alternatives to most of the gear which can be earned fair and square.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#35 Jan 29 2008 at 2:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
233 posts
you know I think that allot of people wouldn't be so sour if you guys just gave away your RoT instead of charging millions for it. I don't care if you wanna get some equip for your jobs but, when you are sitting there killing HNM for the purpose of selling the equip you are no better than RMT.

Fact of the matter is that many of us have been playing this game for years, I know I started back at NA release on PS2, thing is though I am not any closer to a Dalmatica than I was well over a year ago when I fist started to really get into end game, the reason for this is that no one wants to compete against a group that has resorted to using options that are not offered by the game itself. Yeah we could go get bots ourselves but some of us don't like to feel like we had to cheat to get things.
____________________________
Daniel 75rdm Ifrit
159 merits
CoP:O ZM:O ToA:O Xarc:O SM:O
99 cooking.

#36 Jan 29 2008 at 2:12 PM Rating: Default
3 posts
Real-life money? What rl money, our programs are made by a friend of the LS and none of us pay any money for the programs we use.

As far as us not caring about what you think, we don't, really, but as is common knowledge end-game of FFXI is boring, the only real thing left to do is cause drama / revel in it. For me anyways, this happens to be one of my most enjoyable experiences playing FFXI.

Truth be told, I don't care what any of you think, nor will I argue the position about skill or any other objective stance, however if there was a toss-up between which LS actually played the game to it's fullest extent, I'd say us and TTK are tied (they participating routinely in events like waking the beast, einherjar, and NMs like Gulool JaJa while we cover anything worth gil.) I'm well aware other LS do activities and events, but in terms of sheer scale of events I think this is reasonable fact.

I'm only posting because I personally, get a huge kick out of people being butthurt on our LS and calling all of us botters and cheaters and hackers.

The hard, solid facts of it are, despite me and Fqh having it out on BG, I recognize a valid point when I see it, his last post in this topic is hard fact. Until SE fixes the game, they're not going to do **** about us, wanna make petitions to SE? Want to report our names en-masse? Fine, go for it, you wasting your time when you could be actively enjoying the events that you participate in while playing FFXI is all laughs for us.

This /game/ needs fixing. Ever hear the expression 'building a better mousetrap'? This game is a solid example of it. You can ban the RMTs, and the botters, both will come back. You can break the tools, people will make better ones, until the actual root of the problem is addressed, whining and leaking your vaginas all over the respective FFXI online community does nothing.

Would I welcome an instancing to every HNM in game? Sure! Do I think I'm awesome for having an M. Body that I never use because I've had Ares' since before most of the NA community ever started salvage (think back to before last summer)? Nope, not one bit. King gear is not a sign of dominance, it just happens to be the **** you want to get if you want to be good at your jobs, I don't think any of us flaunt the Ebodies that half the server's endgame population has, it'd be like saying "Look! I'm as good as any normal player who dedicated more than 3 weeks to the aery!"

Sure, instancing would kill our ABJ sale market, we're pretty clever cats over here, I think we'll survive, survived for years without selling and we'll survive when they fix it. The point is, while your moral indignation towards us may seem justified, what you don't understand is there will ALWAYS, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, be somebody else to take our spots, until the game is fixed.

You think there will be a time when legit players get their chance in this game as it is currently? Not on Ifrit, and not on Fenrir either, sure servers exist where everyone co-exists peacefully, but that's not us, and it never will be.

This game is immense fun if you choose to enjoy it, play it with your friends, start a scouting the ashu talif static, do ENMs, do assaults, if you people actually actively pursued the alternatives to kings SE has offered you I promise that you would make more money day by day than we do individually. How do I know this? Because I do every money event in this game, daily or as timers allow and I make more money from it than I do from cerberus cuts and the like.

Just seriously, there's so much to do, and I'd bet money that if you're here so butthurt about 5 year old content that I promise you isn't as fun as it looks you're also not experiencing the enjoyable events you can do with good, skilled friends.

We're not going anywhere, we're not going to get banned, anything we do is undetectable by GMs which is why it exists, you don't see us poshacking around or crazy **** like that, we're untouchable. Focus on fixing what is fixable, the content itself, or if that's too much for you and the tunnel vision you suffer from is too severe then I don't know, quit?

Join a LS with people who do KS99, einherjar, salvage, nyzul, assaults, dynamis, Ashu Talif, Mithran Trackers, ENMs, and then come complain to me about how awful it is that we're botting kings, I'll be waiting with open ears, because if you actively pursue these very profitable events there will be no complaints. You'll be rolling in gil while still participating in somewhat challenging events on a day-to-day basis at your leisure, not around solid 3hour window kings that aren't challenging at all.
#37 Jan 29 2008 at 2:28 PM Rating: Decent
*
235 posts
Drama llama diorama torama (oh I haven't used that in ages!). Needs more hugs people.

As already pointed out, there's so much more alternatives to king camps now a days then back in early 2004 (when the first wave of NAs hit 70/75) it's fortunately mind boggling to think about. Today, a lot of king gear has an equivalent piece, and in some cases, overshadowed. Should concentrate more towards those then king stuff if you aren't willing to get your hands dirty. King camps have been broken before NA's even stepped into the game. If LMXVII decided to move server the next day, any seasoned player will guarantee you someone else will spring up and take their spot. It sucks, but that's how it's been for 4 years and until SE stops being so stubborn and changes the system, it's going to be here for another 4 years. I can't believe I'm saying this, been playing way too long that I've developed such an apathetic stance, hahaha.

ps Soul, barrista me with your new shinies. I want to kirr you. :3
____________________________
BRD || Ifrit Server
My Videos (Streaming): http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=cnsjunkie
#38 Jan 29 2008 at 2:46 PM Rating: Default
*
233 posts
I dono why people think if you can't claim HNM you can just go do Einherjar >_< I have tried it and I have also killed a couple HNM here and there... Einherjar is significantly harder and as far as I know only thing that drops body is Odin and I would dare anyone on this server to even get him to 30% because I doubt they could, doesn't matter how many HNM you can kill, hes like the king of HNMs.
____________________________
Daniel 75rdm Ifrit
159 merits
CoP:O ZM:O ToA:O Xarc:O SM:O
99 cooking.

#39 Jan 29 2008 at 2:52 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
It's more about the fun, for einherjar anyways.

Honestly any king drop you could want besides Dring / Ridill all I can say is salvage NPC is that way ->

Do einherjar for fun, not gear, then do salvage for both. In your case, morrigan's robe is so much better in every way than dalm, there's no argument. Is it harder to obtain? **** yeah, no question.

But from having a salvage body, and from getting it when I did, finishing Ares' body was the best feeling I've had in game besides popping dusk gloves +1. There's no like /woooo we're awesome! when Abody drops, it's 'abody..who lots?'

Morrigans is epeen, accomplishment, pride, and better, and you get it from something that is usually more fun. I need 2 25 (boss drops) for my 4th salvage piece, and every time a 35 drops it's way more exciting for everyone involved than seeing nidhoggs identical loot pool for the 342nd time.
#40 Jan 29 2008 at 2:55 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
My linkshell does most of the things you mentioned and im still mad that you guys bot kings Sath!!

But seriouly, you are right that if you guys just vanish, someone else will take your place as the botting shell. We had Ackz for awhile and im sure Valour still has bots. The botting problem wont be fixed unless they instance every HNM in the game. I personally did not get into endgame untill after the botting problem started. I have friends who did endgame back then though and I know what you guys went through with the JPs. You have to realize, you have become what you hated. You have to understand that this is the only way we(by we I mean people who refuse to cheat) have to vent our frustration. We see you people with landking gear and it gets some of us angry, regardless of if we have better gear already or not. Sure I would love to have a ridill for my war, or an Mbody for my pld. That will never happen unless SE fixes the problem. Einherjar was a weak solution to the problem. To win, you either need an army of people for the boss, or people with extremely good gear. And even with these things, you can still get screwed over by the layout. Like I said earlier, the easy and intelligent solution is to make KS99 landkings drop abjs.
____________________________
75 DRK WAR SAM PLD BLU BRD DRG. 391 Merits ATM.
SPQR Linkshell.
#41 Jan 29 2008 at 3:00 PM Rating: Default
*
233 posts
Moringans isn't significantly better than Dalmy for solo, in fact dalmy is much better in some parts, on top of thats its 6 mil to buy the mats for Mor. >_> D ring would be nice but I don't expect to get that even if I do kill tons and tons of HNM >_< also Crimson body can be cool as well >_<. I have done all of this stuff, **** I do plenty of ENMs weekly and quests. So yeah I have done all this stuff and I still do alot of it, fact of the matter is that I still wana get a Dalmy >_< and crimson body.
____________________________
Daniel 75rdm Ifrit
159 merits
CoP:O ZM:O ToA:O Xarc:O SM:O
99 cooking.

#42 Jan 29 2008 at 3:10 PM Rating: Default
3 posts
Understandable, honestly, and you won't find me **** about people hating us for legitimate reasons and with actual logic, I don't mind it and I do understand it.

I just feel that the OP, and the general demeanor of the thread besides your posts and a few others is that of an infant throwing a tantrum. Much flailing and crying and not a whole lot of progress comes out from this, or any of the threads like it.

Like I said, I too would love a fix, kings often land smack in the middle of time I'd like to be doing other things, including salvage, and that's where the fix needs to come from.

And regarding dalm and crimson body, while yeah you have valid points, **** is situational and yeah wooo dring, good luck, but it's a very reasonable alternative and in many cases better or just as good. The real choices you have are to actively pursue what you can, make money on the way as you do it and afford the morrigans / hq errant body for enfeebing, or cry about it on forums that won't get anything changed. Like I said relating to ramsos, I understand the outrage, but you can be outraged and take full advantage of the alternatives, or you can be outraged and sit back and pray we all get banned.

It's really everyone's own personal choice at the end of the day, but I'm going to be leveling RDM soon, and I'd personally much rather a morrigan's robe than a dalmy, and I'll be using RDM pretty exclusively for solo.
#43 Jan 29 2008 at 3:42 PM Rating: Default
*
233 posts
Magic defence Bonus +5, resist paralyze, 50 HP to MP, win.
____________________________
Daniel 75rdm Ifrit
159 merits
CoP:O ZM:O ToA:O Xarc:O SM:O
99 cooking.

#44 Jan 29 2008 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
ChickenNoodleSoup wrote:
ps Soul, barrista me with your new shinies. I want to kirr you. :3

lolol I still lurv you noodle <3<3
#45 Jan 29 2008 at 8:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
859 posts
Can't we all just go back to talking about people buying gil, and how that ruin's everyonyaddadyaddayadda
____________________________
mostly quit
#46 Jan 29 2008 at 8:44 PM Rating: Decent
*
233 posts
people buy gil to buy abj from LM17 the end... >_>
____________________________
Daniel 75rdm Ifrit
159 merits
CoP:O ZM:O ToA:O Xarc:O SM:O
99 cooking.

#47 Jan 30 2008 at 6:35 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,817 posts
Quote:
There's no like /woooo we're awesome! when Abody drops, it's 'abody..who lots?'

The problem here is that many of us will probably never get to the "/woooo we're awesome! Abody dorp!" thanks to people who bot. Note I said "probably", because there's always the slim chance that bots will get outclaimed by sheer luck. Of course there's also a chance that I might win the lottery and at the same time be simultaneously struck by lighting while being eaten by a shark. The fact that many of the ground HNM have been virtually placed out of reach by people who circumvent game mechanics is a sore spot for many of us. It may be old hat to you guys, but even getting *claim*, much less any worthwhile drops, is a cause to uncork the champagne. That's how bad the situation is, and why many linkshells shun ground HNM.
____________________________
FFXI:
Fhqwghads - Galka - 75NIN/75DRK/75SAM/75MNK - Ifrit Server- Rank 10 - ZM Done - COP done
Too many merits to list, too many subjobs to list...
Trogdoor - Tarutaru - 75BLM/50BRD/41WHM - Ifrit Server- Rank 6 - ZM Done
#48 Jan 30 2008 at 12:49 PM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
Couldnt have said it any better myself fhq.
____________________________
75 DRK WAR SAM PLD BLU BRD DRG. 391 Merits ATM.
SPQR Linkshell.
#49 Jan 30 2008 at 6:55 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
57 posts
We had Ackz for awhile and im sure Valour still has bots.

lol, if u think Valour hacks you have issues....

Secondly, who gives a **** about this thread?

Edited, Jan 30th 2008 9:55pm by Fraguar
____________________________
[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/fraguar/fraguarr.jpg[/IMG]
#50 Jan 30 2008 at 7:11 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
211 posts
Quote:
Secondly, who gives a **** about this thread?


Obviously not people who ask stupid rhetorical questions..

AM I RIGHT!?!?! LMAO!
#51 Jan 30 2008 at 7:23 PM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
Some Valour members were on that list of botters that came out awhile ago, thats the only reason I included them.
____________________________
75 DRK WAR SAM PLD BLU BRD DRG. 391 Merits ATM.
SPQR Linkshell.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 10 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (10)