Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Best and Worst players on IfritFollow

#1352 Jan 13 2007 at 3:50 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,507 posts
Epysian wrote:
All I was pointing out was that his equipment choices were nonsensical and that its annoying at this level that someone can't take a little time and gil to do their jobs well.


You have no idea how to equip a WHM yet you find yourself qualified enough to judge someone's equipment which is pretty nice (except for STR rings, but really only difference pre-40 would be astrals) and not just judge but get ****** off with someone who did not know about your noob equipment ideas. In the same time you don't know why to cast Drain (hint - it causes damage, imagine that!) trying to play a BLM and you failed at simple crowd control situation, again, being a BLM.

You are complaining that a lv 35 WHM in exp party uses MP items instead of MND and does not have +1 seer's feet. You really believe someone has to buy those feet for awesome +1 MP over normal ones and inability to store them unless you buy whole +1 set?

Just delete that account, save sanity for yourself and others who might have misfortune to play with you.


#1353 Jan 13 2007 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
692 posts
I like bacon and eggs for breakfast with my coffee.

I haven't partied in months, but Abott, Griffiss, Moniras, Darkreaper, and Tonic will always stick out in my mind as some of the best players on Ifrit. Good hunting fella's.
____________________________
When valor preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with. ~William Shakespeare~
Not all lessons are spoken; some are inked in the blood of the innocent. ~T. Joseph Marshall~
Zoddtheimmortal - FFXI: Ifrit Server
Paragon of Ranger Excellence
Paragon of Bard Excellence
Paragon of Paladin Excellence
WoW Darrowmere Server:
Reynolds - BE Pld
Greataxe - Orc Hntr


#1354 Jan 13 2007 at 3:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,100 posts
When you solo NMs like Ix'tab, or Bloodthirster Madkix, or Limbus (as examples), Manafont is usually key to your survival.
____________________________
If I can touch it,
I can destroy it.
#1355 Jan 13 2007 at 4:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
260 posts
Rukusu wrote:
Epysian wrote:
All I was pointing out was that his equipment choices were nonsensical and that its annoying at this level that someone can't take a little time and gil to do their jobs well.


You have no idea how to equip a WHM yet you find yourself qualified enough to judge someone's equipment which is pretty nice (except for STR rings, but really only difference pre-40 would be astrals) and not just judge but get ****** off with someone who did not know about your noob equipment ideas. In the same time you don't know why to cast Drain (hint - it causes damage, imagine that!) trying to play a BLM and you failed at simple crowd control situation, again, being a BLM.

You are complaining that a lv 35 WHM in exp party uses MP items instead of MND and does not have +1 seer's feet. You really believe someone has to buy those feet for awesome +1 MP over normal ones and inability to store them unless you buy whole +1 set?

Just delete that account, save sanity for yourself and others who might have misfortune to play with you.


Wow. My noob equipment ideas? Yes, the seer's pumps +1 are probably not necessary, but I said nothing about getting +1 MP, I would prefer it for the extra mind boost. Really, I just figured that if someone was going to bother with +1 gear, they should take the pumps over the tunic, which doesn't offer that much of a benefit. Especially since the pumps are cheaper on the AH. As for rings, are you really saying that ONLY astral rings would be more effective in that slot than strength rings? Guess you're right, the +4 MND from 2 saintly rings are just wasted on a white mage. Silly me.

Also, I never even said anything negative about him using MP items over MND items. I would not judge him for that. He was Elvaan, and I'm a Taru, so naturally our equipment choices may differ in that area, as Tarus have more MP by default.

Oh yeah, and i don't think you can store HQ equipment, even if you have the whole set, at least according to what the armor storer says when you speak to him.

And I'm also aware that Drain also causes damage. I'm not an idiot, although I'm sure you will say otherwise regardless of what I say or do. But I can't say I really care what you think. I already admitted that I criticized the guy to harshly, but just keep going after me Rukusu. Whatever floats your boat.
#1356 Jan 13 2007 at 10:19 PM Rating: Default
*
216 posts
Exactly, not to defend him-I think he's an *******; but he's a good mage. I am better at SMN tho :P But you all arguing the point that he is a 'noob' because he didn't realize a useless hidden effect on manafront, that he had never needed to use other then MP conservation is Irrelevent(spelling). Most if not ANYone use it for 0 Spell interruption, only MP conservation. Quit trying to make others look like a noob/idiot by being one while doing it.

Yes, like i said..he's an *******. >_> But I still <3 yer smartass remarks D: Thats why I like ya XD
____________________________
[img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9228/escaflonemn1.gif[/img]
#1357 Jan 14 2007 at 2:47 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,580 posts
Quote:
I'm not an idiot,

Hmmmmm.


Hey Esca, what lvl is your woodworking now? Oh, and don't suppose you wanna do some Golden Salvage assault do ya >.>;;;;;;;;;;;;;?

Edited, Jan 14th 2007 2:43am by NoodlesCCCLV
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#1358 Jan 14 2007 at 6:33 AM Rating: Decent
*
198 posts
To an extent I agree with you esca. I also don't think knowing that hidden effect really matters much even though it has its rare uses. And I could care less if vahnslet knew that or not, I was just busting his chops about it. And I also like people who can joke around and make smartass remarks.... but, being an a*shole is just something I don't tolerate. I don't burn anyone in this game and I expect the same of others. Burn me once, and I won't forget it.
#1359 Jan 14 2007 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
36 posts
i looked through many pages, and i didnt see Tempo, which really shocked me, because, hes pretty much the worst player ever +1, seriously, he makes galkas, look that much worse, the dude is a SAM75, hes lvling WAR now, and around lvl 35, he claimed he had max axe merits on his WAR, from lvling SAM, anyone good out there, knows you cant merit axe on SAM, then he claims he is a DRK75 too, and merited it on there, which i know his highest jobs are SAM and PLD, then he made a remark, about he is a DRK75 on a different character, hmmm. i bump into him in whitegate, and he slaps me, starts up an argument, cause i hate the dude, and it brought up the whole, lol-galka list, loltempo lollonn lolwendigo, Wendigo was a nice guy and all, but failed miserably at DRK, and gave us a bad name.
____________________________
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/tonypless16/thedarkside.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Damage on xp mob: 2,637 Sea Puk
Highest Damage on HNM: 1,068 on Kirin
both Spiral ****
yes, im a taru.



Status: kind of back.
#1360 Jan 14 2007 at 9:19 AM Rating: Good
36 posts
i agree with you Beer ^^
____________________________
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/tonypless16/thedarkside.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Damage on xp mob: 2,637 Sea Puk
Highest Damage on HNM: 1,068 on Kirin
both Spiral ****
yes, im a taru.



Status: kind of back.
#1361 Jan 14 2007 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,580 posts
lolTempo.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#1362 Jan 14 2007 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
36 posts
ooh i forgot about the one, and only, Radioactivepoop, i dont know alot about DRG, but this guy claimed he could break 2k with SA wheeling Thrust on a IT, and sayin i couldnt even get close to 2k as DRK, i forgot what lvl i was, i think i was 72, breakin latent on GS of trials, so i hit a 2.2k spiral **** on a Decent Challange, and he said it didnt count cause i casted absorb STR/INT lol, why give DRK spells if stuff doesnt count if we cast? kthanksbye

Radioactivepoop = a peice of ***************
____________________________
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/tonypless16/thedarkside.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Damage on xp mob: 2,637 Sea Puk
Highest Damage on HNM: 1,068 on Kirin
both Spiral ****
yes, im a taru.



Status: kind of back.
#1363 Jan 14 2007 at 11:53 AM Rating: Default
24 posts
Cause that really makes me a bad player dont it? If u ask me i think u ***** too much.
____________________________
Radioactivepoop
Server: Ifrit
DRG75 BLU75 NIN75
ZM:O CoP:O AU:O
#1364 Jan 14 2007 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
36 posts
maybe i do, but i still know how to play my job right
____________________________
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/tonypless16/thedarkside.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Damage on xp mob: 2,637 Sea Puk
Highest Damage on HNM: 1,068 on Kirin
both Spiral ****
yes, im a taru.



Status: kind of back.
#1365 Jan 14 2007 at 1:46 PM Rating: Decent
24 posts
I just dont see why i'm on the list i aint done anything wrong, kinda funny anyway im famous woo
____________________________
Radioactivepoop
Server: Ifrit
DRG75 BLU75 NIN75
ZM:O CoP:O AU:O
#1366 Jan 14 2007 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
36 posts
saying stupid stuff, as stupid as stuff you had said to me, is just as wrong as MPKing someone IMO :p
____________________________
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/tonypless16/thedarkside.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Damage on xp mob: 2,637 Sea Puk
Highest Damage on HNM: 1,068 on Kirin
both Spiral ****
yes, im a taru.



Status: kind of back.
#1367 Jan 14 2007 at 3:23 PM Rating: Decent
24 posts
So i was wrong about one thing big deal, ur just making a bigger issue out of it than what it is.
____________________________
Radioactivepoop
Server: Ifrit
DRG75 BLU75 NIN75
ZM:O CoP:O AU:O
#1368 Jan 14 2007 at 3:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
223 posts
Kekeke, since other people are posting their stories about Vahnoob, I'll mention several of mine, too.

It started waaaaay back when I was working on CoP, so it's a bit blurry.

We shouted for a bit for help with Promyvion-Vahzl (Had 4 in the perma). And Vahn needed it too. So he joined up. He was a bit of a Richard the whole way up, and we almost kicked him. But we needed the mission done, so we endured him. And he didn't @#%^ up in the BCNM. I didn't think too badly of him.

Later, we were shouting for 5-3, the three paths. We needed all three. Vahn said he needed two of them, so he'd come with us. So we go and do one of them that we all need. We win! Yay! So we go for the mithra BCNM, which Vahn has already beaten, but the rest of us need it. Vahn flat out refuses to help, since he doesn't need it, and we'll just abandon him for the next one, he says. After some convincing we get him to help out with the BCNM fight, but he declares as we arrive at the BCNM that he won't use his 2hour, which is primarily what a summoner is for in this fight, since he's doing something else afterwards. (I think it was a KSNM?) A.sshole. (Edit: My friend reminded me after viewing this post, what he needed the 2hour for. He needed it for the mission path HE needed, which we were gonna do anyway, after the rest of our 2hours had recharged.)

Since then, I've had the misfortune of meeting up with him again. It's like he's @#%^ing stalking me or something.

I was helping some people with the Promathia battle, and he and a friend of his shows up. I dunno if Vahn needed it or not, but he started sending /tells to EVERYONE in our group, asking for help with the battle. Just the two of them. Then he started harrassing people in the group to disband if they didn't need it so he and his friend could get in. (Everyone in our group except me and 1 other, both vital jobs, needed it.) We all told him no, except the NIN, who said AFTER we're done, he'd help (He assumed Vahn had a whole party, just needed a tank). But he just kept harrassing us and harrassing us so we all put up /away to get him to STFU. (Amusing pics I have btw.. Us all against Promathia, with {/away} on XD) After we lost the first time due to some nasty Dispelga spammage, we got popped out, and he started harrassing us in /say that we should help him. We just ignored it. So after our second try, we succeeded! Yay! When we were dropped outside, Vahn saw us and apparently had brought in one or two more people. We again declined to help, since we had other things planned, and he started /shouting rude things at us for wasting his and his friends time by saying we'd help and then not helping. WTF.

He also showed up in the same dynamis shell I run with. And holy sh*t, can you say IDIOT!? He has this loving affinity to SPed monks. It's unnerving. In Dynamis-Jeuno, a goblin monk SPed, and it was slept, no problem. And everyone runs away from it. So Vahn walks up, and summons Garuda. Sics it onto the goblin.. And yay! Blood pact the SPed monk! ...

A little bit later, he had his Fenrir out attacking a monk. It SPed. He proceeded to MPK 3-4 people while half the LS screamed at him. And he replied "huh?" when he was informed of what idiocy he had just performed.

After all this, he also expected to be able to lot on BLM on his FIRST RUN with the LS. And he set two rot comments (No rot comments in this LS) and then lotted on the 100 bill that dropped. And won. He got like 1 grats. And someone in my alliance begged for permission to switch parties and D2 him. x)

Don't remember if the Jeuno came first or second, but when we did Windurst, he died on a nasty linked pull (so did a few other people, boohoo.) and people were slow to raise him. So he yelled a bit, and then HPed. Because we "didn't raise [him] fast enough." OMG YOU DIED IN DYNAMIS THE WORLD IS ENDING. HOW TERRIBLE.

So yes, Vahnoob, as we've lovingly christened you, you are a moron and a noob. And a rude one at that.

Edited, Jan 14th 2007 6:42pm by SillyCelly
____________________________
Baron von Fhqwghads wrote:
You type like a ******* ******. "U" and "ur" aren't words. Please don't omit letters of the alphabet unnecessarily, the other letters are getting jealous.

Ifrit Server
Celly
Mithra
WHM75, THF75, BRD54, SMN50, DNC42, NIN42, BLM37, and too many other subs!
<3s LS.
#1369 Jan 14 2007 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
Lol that was funny to read. His response should be too. Thx Celly ^^.
#1370 Jan 14 2007 at 7:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,793 posts
I'll refrain from adding anything on Vahnslet, given he did set up that Apocalypse Nigh run me and a friend went in. ...Given he didn't even have his cutscenes when we were all ready, and did so little damage with his SMN that we forgot he was even there, but nonetheless it got done.

Edited, Jan 14th 2007 10:32pm by Warne
____________________________
Come into the sand, and the dust, and the sky
Go now, there's no better plan, than to do or to die
Free me, pray to the faith in the face of the light
Feed me, fill me with sin, and get ready to fight

Snooochie wrote, concerning BST forums:
Quote:
This forum used to be all about "How can we overcome this?" Now it seems to be all about "How can someone else fix this for me?"

#1371 Jan 16 2007 at 5:44 AM Rating: Default
*
122 posts
Quote:
We shouted for a bit for help with Promyvion-Vahzl (Had 4 in the perma). And Vahn needed it too. So he joined up. He was a bit of a Richard the whole way up, and we almost kicked him. But we needed the mission done, so we endured him. And he didn't @#%^ up in the BCNM. I didn't think too badly of him.


Firstly, no I did not need this mission and I told you that I was doing it hoping you would continue to ones I did need, the paths.

Quote:
we arrive at the BCNM that he won't use his 2hour, which is primarily what a summoner is for in this fight, since he's doing something else afterwards.


You had a second SMN and I told you I would not use it because I was going to save it for the NEXT mission that you were going to do. I told you it was not necessary for both SMN to 2hr at this BCNM but you insisted that it would be safer for both soooo... yeah tell the whole story, moving on.

Quote:
I was helping some people with the Promathia battle, and he and a friend of his shows up. I dunno if Vahn needed it or not, but he started sending /tells to EVERYONE in our group, asking for help with the battle. Just the two of them. Then he started harrassing people in the group to disband if they didn't need it so he and his friend could get in. (Everyone in our group except me and 1 other, both vital jobs, needed it.) We all told him no, except the NIN, who said AFTER we're done, he'd help (He assumed Vahn had a whole party, just needed a tank). But he just kept harrassing us and harrassing us so we all put up /away to get him to STFU. (Amusing pics I have btw.. Us all against Promathia, with {/away} on XD) After we lost the first time due to some nasty Dispelga spammage, we got popped out, and he started harrassing us in /say that we should help him. We just ignored it. So after our second try, we succeeded! Yay! When we were dropped outside, Vahn saw us and apparently had brought in one or two more people. We again declined to help, since we had other things planned, and he started /shouting rude things at us for wasting his and his friends time by saying we'd help and then not helping. WTF.


No no, I asked Lokiseinn and a few members of your party LONG before I got there because someone told me you were doing it. Lokie told me he might if he had time and his wife would obviously have helped if he did but I got a rep for her anyway. Also that Galka NIN Fhwgqq or w/e told me yes without question whether he lost of not.

You on the other hand Celly told me you did not have time to help me because you said... I can't do another run because I have to rake the leaves or my mom will take w/e it is you said away from you. I wouldnt have cared if you said no, but don't ******** me with THAT....

Also, I told Lokieseinn that his NIN Fhwq told me yes and I brought a WHM and a DD to replace the ones who said they would not help. Then he went /away and stopped speaking to me, only Fqhw didn't.

When I got there I as not spamming in /say that you should help me, I was asking why you were not responding (Note: I sent you like 2 tells each, 1 for Lokie's wife because as soon as I said Hello she said no before I even asked her a question) Only one I sent more tells than that to is Lokieseinn

Quote:
So after our second try, we succeeded! Yay!


This is why I got angry, what happened to "We do not have time for another run"and Celly's excuse about how she needs to go rake leaves Hmmmmmmmmmmmm anyways... moving on.

Quote:
A little bit later, he had his Fenrir out attacking a monk. It SPed. He proceeded to MPK 3-4 people while half the LS screamed at him. And he replied "huh?" when he was informed of what idiocy he had just performed.


I did not do this with Garuda for one and it a one time accident that I apologized for because I cured while fenrir was out and he started chasing that MNK around when it hit me and I was a little slow at releasing which I again apologized for, accidents happen.

Quote:
After all this, he also expected to be able to lot on BLM on his FIRST RUN with the LS. And he set two rot comments (No rot comments in this LS) and then lotted on the 100 bill that dropped. And won. He got like 1 grats. And someone in my alliance begged for permission to switch parties and D2 him. x)


Yes and after all this, all I did was ASK if I was able, what is wrong with you people? Does asking questions burn your eyes out? Obviously I did not expect to lot on my first freakin run. Anyways dear, moving on.

Quote:
Don't remember if the Jeuno came first or second, but when we did Windurst, he died on a nasty linked pull (so did a few other people, boohoo.) and people were slow to raise him. So he yelled a bit,


No I did not do this, although start spamming a little when I was still the only one dead and Celly was just standing there looking at the water. Anyways, I eventually got a Raise 1 from someone even though all BLMs got Raise 3, but oh well, it isn't like I deleveled.

Quote:
and then HPed


I d/ced sometime after you went passed the Auction house and up the hill, I told you previously in that run that I had been d/cing all day. Moving on to one last thing.

Quote:
Given he didn't even have his cutscenes when we were all ready, and did so little damage with his SMN that we forgot he was even there, but nonetheless it got done.


Calm down, I only did not have 1 CS in Sealion's Den at the NPC, and I was not doing much dmg because I was too busy curing, Earthen ward, healing ruby IIing or spring watering, Erasing and trying not to die myself that I only got in a max of probably 3 70 BPs.

Seriously people tell the WHOLE story, if I am rude to you, either I will admit to being an *** if its something small, or theres something that you did that really upset me, there is no such thing as me just running in angry and rude, I do not work like that in game or irl.
#1372 Jan 16 2007 at 8:44 AM Rating: Default
*
216 posts
To Noodles: I would spam that if you want to <_< I need that body piece that way I dont need any of my AF for my RNG anymore cept AF1+1 legs when they get upgraded~ Also..WW on EscaShop isn't high but lvl 30....WWing almost makes no gil anymore let alone the low prices that keep deflating as well. Soon as I can do some more solo work on my rdm/nin and earn some more gils I'll get that to 100+3 a.s.a.p. ....I want a damned signed HQ staff by me <Yes please>. AAnd **** it I need my fenrir Item for evoker's ring. Wiped 4x because of hate issues non-stop, was only 4 SMNs of which only lvl 70(not a good idea to do in the 1st place so my fault on that part) and thats all. lol I plan to attept(if he lets me) do Axe Burn PT on him with Skyryu as RNG replacing 1 WAR~ That outta do it...or go as 6SMNs instead of 4 lvl 70 <_<; Eh...Calibros needs it to so ya. Could be the BRD for axe-burn if axe-burn even works.

To the person asking about Tempo: www.youtube.com "FFXI Tempo" Few friends made a video of Tempo you could go watch in yer free time, well...this is your free time atm so go check it out!

About Vahnslet: He didn't need Promvy-V for a very long time, because he did it with me on our run, and the leader thought having 4 SMNs 1 WAR 1 RDM would win it specially on the Mea boss going up...DOn't get me wrong Promvy-V is easy, I've seen the bosses on the way up done w/o any deaths..but this time it did 1 AoR after another after another running all over the place because only 1 voker. And the whm keps spammn cures on just the 1 tank and got hate we all get knocked back/in the red; then buncha mobs around us aggro then we all die. 2 SMNs used AF(SP) and..well there went the BC in the Spire. lol Vahn did Promvy-V a few days later with some ppl I knew.

And on another note...eh I think I'll just keep my mouth shut lol

____________________________
[img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9228/escaflonemn1.gif[/img]
#1374 Jan 16 2007 at 11:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,793 posts
Gonna have to do better then showing off someone's ability or inability in Ballista. PvP doesn't correlate to the actual skills needed for the parts of FFXI that counts.
____________________________
Come into the sand, and the dust, and the sky
Go now, there's no better plan, than to do or to die
Free me, pray to the faith in the face of the light
Feed me, fill me with sin, and get ready to fight

Snooochie wrote, concerning BST forums:
Quote:
This forum used to be all about "How can we overcome this?" Now it seems to be all about "How can someone else fix this for me?"

#1375 Jan 17 2007 at 5:19 AM Rating: Default
*
122 posts
Quote:
Hey Esca, what lvl is your woodworking now? Oh, and don't suppose you wanna do some Golden Salvage assault do ya >.>;;;;;;;;;;;;;?


If he does say yes, I could solo this a few times as SMN if you like.

Quote:
I would prefer it for the extra mind boost.


MND does so little to cures its almost ridiculous, MND for Chi blast is nice though, and most WHM should be focusing on things like MP+ and lovely cure potency+ stuff. MND for WHM is like INT for BLM, you focus on it at low levels because you do not yet have access to the real golden gear. Not saying WHM do not need MND but at higher levels no WHM is decked in just MND gear. However, in the end they want something else just like in the end BLM want Magic Attack Bonus+ and whatnot.

Edited, Jan 17th 2007 8:26am by Vahnslet
#1376 Jan 17 2007 at 9:12 AM Rating: Decent
I just have a small bit to add about the Whm gear thing. You say he is Elvaan..... well I'll be damned if Elvaan dont already have the best mnd stat in the game so i hardly see where extra mnd would be of any use to him.
____________________________
Astyanax - Elvaan - Ifrit Server

"Professing to be wise, they became fools..." Romans 1:22
#1377 Jan 17 2007 at 10:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
260 posts
Vahnslet wrote:


Quote:
I would prefer it for the extra mind boost.


MND does so little to cures its almost ridiculous, MND for Chi blast is nice though, and most WHM should be focusing on things like MP+ and lovely cure potency+ stuff. MND for WHM is like INT for BLM, you focus on it at low levels because you do not yet have access to the real golden gear. Not saying WHM do not need MND but at higher levels no WHM is decked in just MND gear. However, in the end they want something else just like in the end BLM want Magic Attack Bonus+ and whatnot.

Edited, Jan 17th 2007 8:26am by Vahnslet


I'm aware it really doesn't do much for cures, but doesn't it help with enfeebles? His enfeebles were not sticking, so would the MND+ help at all with White Magic enfeebles? If not, and the enfeebles are based solely on Enfeebling magic skill, then what benefit does extra MND even offer a white mage, especially at low levels when the cure spells have a cap?
#1378 Jan 17 2007 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
***
2,578 posts
While it's true that MND has a minor effect on most cure spells, Cure V which is probably our most important cure spell, is calculated differently. MND has a significant impact on the potency of Cure V. It's also a large factor in calculating the strength of your Stoneskin, as well as white enfeebles such as Slow and Paralyze. MND may be overrated but it's not useless by any means.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#1379 Jan 19 2007 at 5:46 AM Rating: Default
*
122 posts
Quote:
i looked through many pages, and i didnt see Tempo, which really shocked me, because, hes pretty much the worst player ever +1, seriously, he makes galkas, look that much worse, the dude is a SAM75, hes lvling WAR now, and around lvl 35, he claimed he had max axe merits on his WAR, from lvling SAM, anyone good out there, knows you cant merit axe on SAM, then he claims he is a DRK75 too, and merited it on there, which i know his highest jobs are SAM and PLD, then he made a remark, about he is a DRK75 on a different character, hmmm. i bump into him in whitegate, and he slaps me, starts up an argument, cause i hate the dude, and it brought up the whole, lol-galka list, loltempo lollonn lolwendigo, Wendigo was a nice guy and all, but failed miserably at DRK, and gave us a bad name.


I don't know about all that extra stuff Tempo may have said or w/e but he may be iritating to some but hes not a bad SAM, I have never seen him on any other job. >_>

Lonn is.... wtfannoyinglolgilbuyerBBQ - BUT - he is not bad at his jobs

Ehh Wendigo, I agree with Rockie O_o
#1380 Jan 19 2007 at 7:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,793 posts
If I recall correctly, Tempo was the Windurstian who asked:"Where is Heaven's Tower?" while being hand-held through Rank 5 and 6 missions. Actually had to assign someone to him to be his 'drag' to make sure he could find his way to Fei'Yin and Xarcabard that week.
____________________________
Come into the sand, and the dust, and the sky
Go now, there's no better plan, than to do or to die
Free me, pray to the faith in the face of the light
Feed me, fill me with sin, and get ready to fight

Snooochie wrote, concerning BST forums:
Quote:
This forum used to be all about "How can we overcome this?" Now it seems to be all about "How can someone else fix this for me?"

#1381 Jan 19 2007 at 7:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
616 posts
i usually see no sense in this thread, but if there is one person that grates me it's vahnslet..

you came on a prom vahzl trip with me and my LS.. first point of interest was you popping the first NM as soon as we arrived at the gate before we prepared or anything, we barely survived that one,

ooooh a ??? PRREETTYYYY! me touchy.....

You were also a richard to the other party members (friends of mine) the whole way up.

I am glad we never got you the final BOSS fight on Vahzl, i went next day with a group of FRIENDLY competent players who werent playing with a stick attached to their forehead

and that time you told your party's WHM not to raise me in the mire, that was classic, then giving me your high and mighty guff while standing there in full summoner AF at 70+ hmmmmmmmm

I am sure 50 percent of the ifrit populace has had a bad run in with vahnslet in some way or another..

that's all >.>





____________________________
75 SUMMONER....
75 DANCER
75 BEASTMASTER
52 BLUEMAGE
45 RANGER
37 WHITEMAGE
37 NINJA
37 SAMURAI
37 Dragoon
37 Thf
37 Warrior
O.o
SPQR
[IFRIT]
#1382 Jan 19 2007 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
Vahnslet wrote:
[quote]Lonn is.... wtfannoyinglolgilbuyerBBQ - BUT - he is not bad at his jobs


>.> I distinctly remember partying with Lonn in Lufaise Meadows and having to explain the benefits of using Cure V over Cure IV spam when he kept drawing aggro. He totally ignored me and I ended up healing on BLM while enfeebling and nuking (go taru mp!). He had been 75 WHM for I don't even know how long at this point. Also, he never bothered to keep buffs up or use Erase and was eventually booted from the party after repeated requests that he start to do so. Was replaced by Mrpopo the spunky WHM taru of awesomeness ^^. /wave Popozo. And if anyone doesn't believe me I believe Lokiseinn was in the party as well and can confirm this.
#1383 Jan 20 2007 at 3:55 AM Rating: Default
*
216 posts
to Rost..before I say anything was this the time i was with you and you all had alot of SMNs?

EDIT about erase:
2ndly: Lonn CAN be annoying...so can everyone else...but he isn't bad at his jobs. 3rdly: In a merit PT you can't be spamming erase(UNLESS its really super damaging debuffs-otherwise a STR or AGI down debuff isnt enough to modify damage and WSs / melee damage) less you use with in conjuction with divine Veil/Seal for AoE, otherwise you are constantly sucking up your MP and can not have MP to effectively chain. I also wouldn't doubt Lonn doing the IV cure > V cure just to **** you off because you was trying to tell him how to do his job. Less you are 75WHM yourself(Of which I do not know yet if you are/are not)I have had lvl 72 WHMs telling some RDM how to do their job when 1: the WHM was new, and 2 the WHM never even lvled RDM so they can't effectively tell you how to play a job-even if they "read about it". Only through experiance.

Another note; I agree with Wayne, you can not judge a person's performance as a job just by watching them ballista. But it's funny. Just like if someone made a video about me; it would probly be funny too. I haven't PT w/Tempo personally so I can not comment on his skills. But he definatly doesnt belong in Sky. "It takes to long to wait for a NM to pop, it takes to long to kill this or we shouldnt fight anything or we'll die, omg no SAM gear drop I'll never get anything imma leave LS if SAM gear doesnt start dropping." ....

Vahn: I can solo that Assault too. lol so we should duo/trio. BUT When/if I am asked to do that; I make sure to have the armband for the more points or the SMNs random between each other-any non-SMNs are leeches on that mission anyways. EDIT: just do Tier 2 Lamia 13: Just go around dispelling 3 different NPCs and you win. easier then looking for a retarded chest(spelling).

Fillin: How does MND affect Cure V differently? I never knew about this nor did I think it had a "greater impact" on the spell. Please educate me:D

Sleeping: Mrpopo is the best WHM on Ifrit. He cool too he helped me kill mini-primes when I was a lvl 20 SMN <3 <3 we still EXP today in the Mire as SMN duo or try to kite UFOs around in sky to see how long we can live >_> ROFL

Edited, Jan 20th 2007 6:48am by Escaflone
____________________________
[img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9228/escaflonemn1.gif[/img]
#1384 Jan 20 2007 at 4:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
831 posts
Quote:
2ndly: Lonn CAN be annoying...so can everyone else...but he isn't bad at his jobs. 3rdly: In a merit PT you can't be spamming erase(UNLESS its really super damaging debuffs-otherwise a STR or AGI down debuff isnt enough to modify damage and WSs / melee damage) less you use with in conjuction with divine Veil/Seal for AoE, otherwise you are constantly sucking up your MP and can not have MP to effectively chain. I also wouldn't doubt Lonn doing the IV cure > V cure just to **** you off because you was trying to tell him how to do his job. Less you are 75WHM yourself(Of which I do not know yet if you are/are not)I have had lvl 72 WHMs telling some RDM how to do their job when 1: the WHM was new, and 2 the WHM never even lvled RDM so they can't effectively tell you how to play a job-even if they "read about it". Only through experiance.


Wasn't going to say anything about this, but once again esca, you have no clue. I partied with lonns whm twice. Once in the lvl50's and in lower 70's. Not merit parties, EXP parties.

Quote:
I also wouldn't doubt Lonn doing the IV cure > V cure just to **** you off because you was trying to tell him how to do his job.


No one told him anything until AFTER he continued to do this, and if he did it on purpose then he sux even bigger monkeynuts.

In Cape Terrigan he would cast Curaga when the crab did bubble shower. At the BEGINNING of the fight, pulling the hate before the Tank had a chance to establish. This was with Bubble shower doing maybe 30 damage. Instead of using lower cures to start, he'd lead off with his biggest cure, pulling hate. He wouldn't keep buffs up, wouldn't listen. His ineptitude caused the whole party to disband and reform without him (he was leader).

When I was invited to the party Sleep is talking about, I was going to drop as soon as I saw it was him. But decided that surely after 20 levels he had gotten smarter. I was wrong. As I said, this was not a merit party, it was a 72-73 exp party. He plain and simple sucked hard. The entire party was complaining in party chat, and then in /tells when he wouldn't listen. Everyone wanted him gone but they all felt bad kicking him. So I said "give me leader". I told him he suckedass, told him why, kicked, and replaced.

Whether he is any good on his other jobs I don't know. But based on my experience with his whm, I'll never join or stay in a party with him in it.

To Vahnslet: The situation you describe regarding when my group did Promathia is not quite accurate. You sent me more than one or two /tells. Quite a few more in fact. I told you I might help after we were done depending on how long it took. I never promised anything. My wife knew you had sent me those /tells before you ever sent her one (we play in the same room) and she responded or not as she wished. We did 8-3 and 8-4 back to back, we had to wait nearly 2 hours for our group to finally start (some hadn't done their towers). You had sent me /tells while we were still waiting just because I was in the zone. We all went /away to avoid ALL /tells, not just yours (its not all about you). Then you dragged a couple of people out there before we were ever done and somehow got the idea that we were going to help. As far as I know, no one other than maybe Fhq promised anything. "We'll see" does not mean "Yes I will". Then when you left, you said something to nature of how it was our fault that you had dragged 2 people out there on OUR promise. Not true.

In addition, I remember that when you put together Mammets party back when, we had to wait for over an hour to start, then halfway to the BC, you (the party leader), said you had to go and logged in place. We had to get a replacement, and go on to the fight (we won). That same group went past Diabolos the next day. I never forget noobness, but I am usually willing to give a person a second chance. My wife never forgets either, but is perhaps not as forgiving as I.

Yes, I am the "nice" one in the family. Scary, isn't it?
____________________________
BANNED
#1385 Jan 20 2007 at 12:34 PM Rating: Decent
lokiseinn wrote:
The entire party was complaining in party chat, and then in /tells when he wouldn't listen. Everyone wanted him gone but they all felt bad kicking him. So I said "give me leader". I told him he suckedass, told him why, kicked, and replaced.


Lol Loki, you were my hero that day, we were all being nicer than we should have been. But it all worked out in the end when Popozo came and did the usual awesome job. I do have to admit that it was a fun, if stressful, trying to main heal, enfeeble, and DD while Lonn was busy failing lol.
#1387 Jan 21 2007 at 9:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
233 posts
What is so bad about cure IV? Cure V is like instant hate pull... unless tank was about to die I wouldn't bother with it...
____________________________
Daniel 75rdm Ifrit
159 merits
CoP:O ZM:O ToA:O Xarc:O SM:O
99 cooking.

#1388 Jan 21 2007 at 10:30 PM Rating: Decent
Cure V draws less hate than Cure IV and it's more MP efficient to cast 1 Cure V instead of 3 Cure IV.
#1389 Jan 22 2007 at 6:03 AM Rating: Default
*
122 posts
Quote:
i usually see no sense in this thread, but if there is one person that grates me it's vahnslet..

you came on a prom vahzl trip with me and my LS.. first point of interest was you popping the first NM as soon as we arrived at the gate before we prepared or anything, we barely survived that one,

ooooh a ??? PRREETTYYYY! me touchy.....

You were also a richard to the other party members (friends of mine) the whole way up.

I am glad we never got you the final BOSS fight on Vahzl, i went next day with a group of FRIENDLY competent players who werent playing with a stick attached to their forehead

and that time you told your party's WHM not to raise me in the mire, that was classic, then giving me your high and mighty guff while standing there in full summoner AF at 70+ hmmmmmmmm

that's all >.>


Wow, memory loss, this was probably yet again ANOTHER Promyvion-Vazhl run where I did not need the first 3 bosses for and I only needed the BC. There were quite a few times I went with people for this and the party died or decided to just kill the bosses, and when they decided that I just left, I was not there to help oter people get their bosses done.

As for popping a mob when people are not ready, um, no. - Why would a SMN who is not a Tank do this? - Hmmm. I was very well aware of what happened when you checked a Memory Flux, I do research missions before I do them.

I assume being a "richard" is like being an ***. I bet this was that party with 4 SMN, a WHM, and the RDM whose name began with an M- refused to refresh the SMN and told us we should have bought Yagudo drinks so we were dying when MP ran out repeatedly and then suddenly people started saying "Lets just Astral Flow and get bosses done." on the last floor. No thanks.

First I'll say the only SMN AF that is not at all good is AF body, which I do not wear and have never worn. I only quested it to store full AF with NPC. I have had an Austere Robe since Lv. 50. Anyways, SMN AF hands give more MP than Carbuncle Mitts + some other random benefits besides the Avatar Enmity- .

I did as a matter of fact tell my WHM to not raise you, because you suddenly came over and were just standing around my party killing all the Imps and people besides me were getting upset. I did however ask her to Raise you like 5 min after I told her not to, so calm your nerves.

Quote:
I am sure 50 percent of the ifrit populace has had a bad run in with vahnslet in some way or another..


I totally agree with you, then theres the other 50% who do not feel that way, I care about that side onry. ^^

Quote:
Was replaced by Mrpopo the spunky WHM taru of awesomeness ^^.


<3 Mrpopo

Quote:
To Vahnslet: The situation you describe regarding when my group did Promathia is not quite accurate. You sent me more than one or two /tells. Quite a few more in fact. I told you I might help after we were done depending on how long it took. I never promised anything. My wife knew you had sent me those /tells before you ever sent her one (we play in the same room) and she responded or not as she wished. We did 8-3 and 8-4 back to back, we had to wait nearly 2 hours for our group to finally start (some hadn't done their towers). You had sent me /tells while we were still waiting just because I was in the zone. We all went /away to avoid ALL /tells, not just yours (its not all about you). Then you dragged a couple of people out there before we were ever done and somehow got the idea that we were going to help. As far as I know, no one other than maybe Fhq promised anything. "We'll see" does not mean "Yes I will". Then when you left, you said something to nature of how it was our fault that you had dragged 2 people out there on OUR promise. Not true.


You told me you might help if you did not delevel or something. And like I said I had a rep for your wife because she said no before I asked her anything.

Quote:
Celly: But he just kept harrassing us and harrassing us so we all put up /away to get him to STFU. (Amusing pics I have btw.. Us all against Promathia, with {/away}


Do I even need to address what you just said about being /away? Hmmm..

I only expected you and Fhq, I had a RDM,WHM, me as SMN and someone who had 75 THF or SMN. I will admit you never gave me a definite "Yes" on help but I never said you did, I just had replacements ready but I was expecting some help, since with Fhq, I had 5 people and only needed 1 more.

Quote:
>.> I distinctly remember partying with Lonn in Lufaise Meadows and having to explain the benefits of using Cure V over Cure IV spam when he kept drawing aggro. He totally ignored me and I ended up healing on BLM while enfeebling and nuking (go taru mp!). He had been 75 WHM for I don't even know how long at this point. Also, he never bothered to keep buffs up or use Erase and was eventually booted from the party after repeated requests that he start to do so. Was replaced by Mrpopo the spunky WHM taru of awesomeness ^^. /wave Popozo. And if anyone doesn't believe me I believe Lokiseinn was in the party as well and can confirm this.


The trick is, let him die, and then explain what they are doing wrong.

#1390 Jan 22 2007 at 6:58 AM Rating: Good
***
2,578 posts
Quote:
What is so bad about cure IV? Cure V is like instant hate pull... unless tank was about to die I wouldn't bother with it...


Just to expound on what Sleepingdragon said, I almost never use Cure IV unless it's an out-of-battle situation. It's just too much of a hate bomb. Cure V has a static hate limit, somewhere between a Cure 2 and a Cure 3. It doesn't matter whether your Cure V recovers 500 or 900 HP, the hate generated will always be the same. That's why it's such an important spell for WHM.
____________________________
Filian - Elvaan - Ifrit
Samurai
White Mage
Corsair
Ninja
Dancer
#1391 Jan 22 2007 at 8:12 AM Rating: Decent
The saddest part is he was 70-something WHM and didnt know this, while my WHM was like 20 and I did. Go figure XD.

And Vahn if we weren't mean enough to kick him why would we be mean enough to let him die lol? Besides, if I had let him die it would have reflected on my abilities as a multi-tasking BLM, something I was quite proud of. Plenty of people can say I was a ***** or that they had some problem with me, but no one can say I was bad at my job (or other people's jobs when I somehow ended up doing their work as well like in this situation XD).
#1392 Jan 22 2007 at 12:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
831 posts
Quote:
You told me you might help if you did not delevel or something. And like I said I had a rep for your wife because she said no before I asked her anything.


"Might". Once again you seem to take that as "I will". And FYI, I did delevel that day.

Quote:
Do I even need to address what you just said about being /away? Hmmm..


Only if you wish. Celly speaks for herself and not for me. Her reasons for being /away are her own, not mine. I speak for myself.
____________________________
BANNED
#1393 Jan 23 2007 at 3:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
616 posts
clearly there is an evil clone of vahnslet wandering vana'diel.. and thats the only one i have come in contact with.. my bad
____________________________
75 SUMMONER....
75 DANCER
75 BEASTMASTER
52 BLUEMAGE
45 RANGER
37 WHITEMAGE
37 NINJA
37 SAMURAI
37 Dragoon
37 Thf
37 Warrior
O.o
SPQR
[IFRIT]
#1394 Jan 23 2007 at 5:41 AM Rating: Default
*
122 posts
Quote:
clearly there is an evil clone of vahnslet wandering vana'diel.. and thats the only one i have come in contact with.. my bad


No, it is not like that, I was just being straight up rude asking the WHM not to Raise you, because you 2 shotting half the imps in the immediate area was making me very upset and to be honest I did not want you back up killing them, but then I thought about it and asked her to Raise you anyway, and I did tell you this very same thing when you got your Raise using these exact same words, and you still gave me an attitude but whatever.

But one more thing about that... instead of there just being an evil clone, I think there is an evil clone "Thief" wandering Vana'diel because according Mitori and Mecorx I have stolen from my own social LS >_>, other end game LS, and just people in general and yet I have 0 God gear, AF2 or anything like that so... Yeah. All of my armor is either quested, AH bought, dropped from an NM or force spawned NM. -_-

Quote:
And Vahn if we weren't mean enough to kick him why would we be mean enough to let him die lol? Besides, if I had let him die it would have reflected on my abilities as a multi-tasking BLM, something I was quite proud of. Plenty of people can say I was a ***** or that they had some problem with me, but no one can say I was bad at my job (or other people's jobs when I somehow ended up doing their work as well like in this situation XD).


I guess, but failure is the only way people learn to stop doing their own little thing and start to listen. It is how I learned RDM are not BLM and that you /heal when you have no MP, not melee lol.

Example: Beanboy, when he told me he could 1 shot a Kuftal Tunnel crab with Freeze 1 a while back because he was taru and his INT was soooo high he said. Even though I asked him not to because we had a NIN tank, he got an attitude and did it anyway. We even tried to keep him alive after he did it, and I was spamming cure 3 on my SMN for him..... So, he died, got another attitude, and left the party because our NIN could not hold freeze 1 hate from a taru but I digress, Beanboy never used freeze 1 with a NIN tank again.

P.S. The RDM who would not refresh the 4 SMN in Promyvion-Vazhl whose name I forgot yesterday was Mokage
#1395 Jan 23 2007 at 8:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
831 posts
Quote:
Example: Beanboy, when he told me he could 1 shot a Kuftal Tunnel crab with Freeze 1 a while back because he was taru and his INT was soooo high he said. Even though I asked him not to because we had a NIN tank, he got an attitude and did it anyway. We even tried to keep him alive after he did it, and I was spamming cure 3 on my SMN for him..... So, he died, got another attitude, and left the party because our NIN could not hold freeze 1 hate from a taru but I digress, Beanboy never used freeze 1 with a NIN tank again.


lolbeanboy. I remember him when he had his first character (elvaan male) back when I first started playing. We were in the same social ls, the original IfritsElite (good times, good days). He used to get so ****** at everyone when we would laugh at his complaining about being broke, but he wouldn't do anything about it. He wanted everyone else to help him out all the time. He'd get ****** when we gave him a ration about his semi-racist, off-color jokes too. He was so funny. He finally got ****** enough and quit and I was really surprised when he came back as a Taru over a year later. lolbeanboy.
____________________________
BANNED
#1396 Jan 23 2007 at 4:39 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
But one more thing about that... instead of there just being an evil clone, I think there is an evil clone "Thief" wandering Vana'diel because according Mitori and Mecorx I have stolen from my own social LS >_>, other end game LS, and just people in general and yet I have 0 God gear, AF2 or anything like that so... Yeah. All of my armor is either quested, AH bought, dropped from an NM or force spawned NM.


Sky gear, AF2, and the like are all R/E so saying that does little to prove your innocence.
#1397 Jan 23 2007 at 8:35 PM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
I love you sleep :)
#1398 Jan 24 2007 at 12:02 AM Rating: Decent
Aura -.-; I told you before...no means NO. J/k lol how are ya?
#1399 Jan 24 2007 at 4:50 AM Rating: Default
*
122 posts
Quote:
Sky gear, AF2, and the like are all R/E so saying that does little to prove your innocence.


Sleeping you missed my point, all of those things may be rare/EX but they are also all of the things that can be potentially "stolen" from treasure pool, unless you think I stole my Igqira Weskit off of some unsuspecting tarutaru..... >_>
#1400 Jan 24 2007 at 6:45 AM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
im good lol. im 3/5 thf knife. 1 for m1 1 for cash and 1 for gatts.
#1401 Jan 24 2007 at 7:25 AM Rating: Decent
Quote:
Sleeping you missed my point, all of those things may be rare/EX but they are also all of the things that can be potentially "stolen" from treasure pool, unless you think I stole my Igqira Weskit off of some unsuspecting tarutaru..... >_>


I'd be very surprised if you weren't D2ed or removed from alliance if you tried to steal something from a treasure pool in dynamis or sky.

On another note, OMG Gatts still plays? <3 Gatts, he kicks your *** Aura =D. Better in bed too hehe j/k.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)