Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Being ExaminedFollow

#52 Oct 05 2004 at 2:57 PM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Well, that last reply was quite a disappointment. ; ;
#53 Oct 05 2004 at 4:06 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,268 posts
wasn't supposed to impress you. Just stating a fact instead of making you cry like in previous threads. :)
____________________________
UNMUTED - by Dreadlord IwishIhadmoreinmylife.

Currently back on WoW. I don't know why.

#54 Oct 05 2004 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
63 posts
I'm so confused by whats going on now. @@;;

Edit: Anyways, why should we be bowing down to the JP because being examined is sexual harassment. OMFG give me a break. If you want to see what he's using, /check away. If you see me walking by feel free to examine me, i could care less.( Just dont examine me like 15 times in a row in under 5 seconds XD ) No offense but if someone /check's me, theres no way I could have think its sexual.

Edited, Tue Oct 5 17:21:26 2004 by TheTrial
____________________________
My cat hacked my Signature.
#55 Oct 05 2004 at 4:57 PM Rating: Good
***
2,261 posts
Thetrial - I havent' read much into this thread, but I think that the JP clients say something different when someone examines you. I don't know the exact wording, but it could come off a little worse than just "examines you." :D
#56 Oct 05 2004 at 5:29 PM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
wasn't supposed to impress you. Just stating a fact instead of making you cry like in previous threads. :)


Woah, kid, back up a bit. Don't flatter yourself, there's very few instances where I 'cry' and reading a post on the forum isn't one of it.
#57 Oct 05 2004 at 6:14 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,268 posts
Obviously you didn't go back and reread some of our previous discussions like I suggested you do. :)

anyway, we're getting way off the topic and I'm sure people are sick of us.

So if you'd like to keep our personal grudge going, I'm more than happy to make a thread called "Alec 'The A$$hole' Xander vs. Sai 'The sissy dark knight' yanz.

I'm sure people would find it more humorous there.

Now shut yer mouth boy-o. :D
____________________________
UNMUTED - by Dreadlord IwishIhadmoreinmylife.

Currently back on WoW. I don't know why.

#58 Oct 05 2004 at 6:27 PM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Now shut yer mouth boy-o. :D

Or ya know..not.
#59 Oct 05 2004 at 6:38 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,268 posts
**** IT!

I find myself so torn between wanting to stop and pleasing other people and having so much fun by keeping this going. So, go ahead and make the thread. This is my last post here..

I would just like to say this.. a 4 word post is the smartest thing I think I've ever seen with your name attached to it.

See ya in the next thread. :D
____________________________
UNMUTED - by Dreadlord IwishIhadmoreinmylife.

Currently back on WoW. I don't know why.

#60 Oct 05 2004 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
63 posts
Quote:
Thetrial - I havent' read much into this thread, but I think that the JP clients say something different when someone examines you. I don't know the exact wording, but it could come off a little worse than just "examines you." :D


Maybe /check gives the emote... "<me> gives <t> the reach around" @@;
____________________________
My cat hacked my Signature.
#61 Oct 06 2004 at 3:23 AM Rating: Decent
**
252 posts
I saw that comment, and I telled you with a yes. Your left ring was fascinating!

What I find are these people, usually JP, who change stuff so the window goes away. I find it really annoying, and find myself pointing and laughing (drawing attention, something discouraged in Japanese society) at their shyness/self-importance. I mean, who the **** do you think you are, not letting me see your left ring finger! X)

I examine everyone I see that looks intresting, and I examine all of my friends everytime I see them, sometimes before I even wave to them. ^^; Not sure why, really. Just more intesting then plain old running around. And sometimes I see a funny comment or cool stuff.

And I liked being examined, because it means someone must think I look intresting. :o


____________________________
Mya - 75 RDM/BLM/WAR - Retired
#62 Oct 06 2004 at 6:00 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,268 posts
Perf,
I don't know if it's just my machine, but i'll type /c name then when they change something i hit space, up arrow, enter and it will lock the equipment screen. no matter how many times they change gear. like i said, dunno if it's just my machine or what, but you should give it a try and get back to me. :)
____________________________
UNMUTED - by Dreadlord IwishIhadmoreinmylife.

Currently back on WoW. I don't know why.

#63 Oct 06 2004 at 7:33 AM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
I saw that comment, and I telled you with a yes. Your left ring was fascinating!

What I find are these people, usually JP, who change stuff so the window goes away. I find it really annoying, and find myself pointing and laughing (drawing attention, something discouraged in Japanese society) at their shyness/self-importance. I mean, who the **** do you think you are, not letting me see your left ring finger! X)

I examine everyone I see that looks intresting, and I examine all of my friends everytime I see them, sometimes before I even wave to them. ^^; Not sure why, really. Just more intesting then plain old running around. And sometimes I see a funny comment or cool stuff.

And I liked being examined, because it means someone must think I look intresting. :o


Okay, asshat, see, there's this thing called an 'opinion', yeah, people have them. Just like your opinion is to be a douchebag to the JPs who don't want you to check them. Seriously, shut up.
#64 Oct 06 2004 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
*
142 posts
Quote:
I'm so confused by whats going on now. @@;;

Edit: Anyways, why should we be bowing down to the JP because being examined is sexual harassment. OMFG give me a break. If you want to see what he's using, /check away. If you see me walking by feel free to examine me, i could care less.( Just dont examine me like 15 times in a row in under 5 seconds XD ) No offense but if someone /check's me, theres no way I could have think its sexual.


Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
____________________________
~~All kinds are good except the kind that bores you -Voltaire~~
#65 Oct 06 2004 at 9:53 AM Rating: Decent
**
318 posts
Foret examined everyone on this server, and didn't like what he saw!
____________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
75whm slash nin *
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#66 Oct 06 2004 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
Gee, I don't know. Maybe people are bored and decide to use a feature of the game? If it bothers you so much, don't log in. It does absolutely no harm to you whatsoever and if you are that tied up about it, there are easy solutions.
____________________________
Dobbles the Taru. Pledged to Windurst. Bleeds cookie dough.
Cookie Jar Friends Linkshell: Good players, Great Fun, Delicious Food. Inquire in game.
#67 Oct 06 2004 at 12:15 PM Rating: Default
33 posts
Hmmmmmmmm..... What was that name again? Kieyen ok ill make sure that I check you TWICE! Muhahaha

This Galka outtie!
____________________________
I am the Great Galkan Slapper!!!!
#68 Oct 06 2004 at 12:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
63 posts
That wasnt 15 checks Chereil, Unacceptable. >8)
____________________________
My cat hacked my Signature.
#69 Oct 06 2004 at 1:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
151 posts
I really don't see the big deal about examining. It can be filtered out, plain and simple. You aren't going to "miss out" on anything if it is filtered, and if it is not, well, enjoy being the subject of envy. If you don't filter it out, you're going to see examines soon or later, theres no way out of it.

I still check higher lvl people sometimes to see how they have chosen their equipment and compare it to mine. I have never gotten any kind of comment such as "why are you examining me I don't like that." If they did tell me that, I'd just give them the honest answer of I was curious about their equipment, and wasn't trying to aggrivate them. As for getting examined myself, I don't mind at all. I suspect many people such as myself get a small ego trip from examines. The only feasable reason for getting mad at this whole thing that I can think of would be somebody examining you over and over for no purpose other than making you mad. And for that, you can talk to them directly, or if it comes to it, blacklist.
____________________________
Flotsam Jetsam - Lindblum
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1570183
#70 Oct 06 2004 at 1:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
881 posts
Quote:
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.
Chereil examines you.


LOL, but i think he said 15 times would annoy him, besides, i've seen you Chereil (God I hope yer a chick) and i don't think anyone should be upset to be used like a Publix Checkout line by you. =)
____________________________
To those who came before us...Sorry For The Inconvenience!

If you take offense to anything I've written here, please:

"Remember it. Write it down. Take a picture. I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck." - Smokey

#71 Oct 11 2004 at 2:41 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Kieyen... you really know how to get people to notice you...

Nickar
#72 Oct 11 2004 at 6:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
133 posts
first off, that was a pretty funny post, secondly, i didnt bother to read all of the other posts cuz there were too many.
I must admit that I check ppl quite often, whenever i am passing through a low lvl area and i see someone who needs a cure or a protect, ill give them one, so naturally ill give them a check to see if they need a cure, cureII or cure III or whatever, but if it bothers ppl so much, maybe i shouldnt bother and just pretend that i dont see them
____________________________
Donnydanger / Fenrir / San'doria (Rank 10)
Pld75 / Nin75 / 75 BLU / 75 BRD / Whm51 / War38 / Thf38 / Blm37 / Bst18
CoP/ZM/ToAU: Complete
[b]WW[100+3]
BS[60+1] AL[60] LC[60] BC[60] CC[60] GS[60+1]
#73 Oct 11 2004 at 9:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
178 posts
Honestly, if you have such a problem with being examined, you can go into the "Config" menu and turn on the chat filter for examines. Otherwise, just deal with it. I know I check peoples' gear even if they are low level, to see if they are packing something like leaping boots or emperor's hairpin, both really rare. If I see something like that, sometimes I'll send them a tell and ask if they'd like to go NM camping or another activity with their higher level job. I don't get any sort of pleasure out of annoying people, I just do it as a habit to see if I can find potential camping buddies.
____________________________
Littlebilly
Rank 6 San d'Orian Citizen
Server:Fenrir
Social/Event: TheClick
Dynamis: DreamWalkers
Level 70 BRD/35 WHM (37 WHM, 21 BLU, 18 BLM, 15 THF, 9 BST, 5 WAR).
81.3+1 Clothcrafting
Currently in: Ordelle's Caves
Full AF, Opo-opo crown, AF2: 1/5
#74 Oct 11 2004 at 12:07 PM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
Honestly, if you have such a problem with being examined, you can go into the "Config" menu and turn on the chat filter for examines. Otherwise, just deal with it. I know I check peoples' gear even if they are low level, to see if they are packing something like leaping boots or emperor's hairpin, both really rare. If I see something like that, sometimes I'll send them a tell and ask if they'd like to go NM camping or another activity with their higher level job. I don't get any sort of pleasure out of annoying people, I just do it as a habit to see if I can find potential camping buddies.


Get it through your thick head. Filtering it doesn't deny you access to /check me.
#75 Oct 12 2004 at 3:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
170 posts
Quote:
3. If they are in a group, I'll check their level to see if I might be able to join. Better than annoying them like some noob saying "what is your level". Another reason I hate people who go anonymous. Whats the point of that anyway?


I go anonymous quite a bit...reason: I'm in a static PT and when I'm doing other things like farming I don't want to be bothered with tells requesting that I join a PT that I know I'm going to refuse anyway.

Other people do it for other reasons, but it basically allows people to kind of hide from the "/sea all" function. Quite a few WHM's I know go anon so that they don't get constantly asked for Raises (if they are doing something else).

Edit: Quote was messed up.

Edited, Tue Oct 12 04:35:44 2004 by VBigB
____________________________
Server: Fenrir
Mithra
Rank 5
Lyxia
52THF/30NIN/19WAR/15SAM/19RNG/7BLM/7WHM/7RDM
{Retired}

EQ2:
Kirax (Kerra)
lvl 43 Swashbuckler
lvl 43 Weaponsmith
Server: Guk
#76 Oct 12 2004 at 9:32 AM Rating: Good
*
141 posts
Curiosity... no other reason ^^

I don't mind checks at all... in fact, I encourage them. LoL

My bazaar message:

Pervert!
Don't you have anything better to do?

Of course this is all in good fun. It's amusing to get random tells that just read "No." It cracks me up every time. ^^

____________________________
** Gamechick **
[BLM69][WHM42][SMN41][BST36]
[Clothcraft 62]
[Fenrir]
#77 Oct 12 2004 at 2:12 PM Rating: Decent
*
178 posts
Geez I really don't understand why it bothers you so much. So what if someone wants to look at what you're wearing. It's not like it kills you for them to know what you're wearing. I don't care enough about it to even turn the filter on, but if it really bothered me, I'd turn the filter on so I wouldn't even know if someone was examining me or not. It's as simple as that. It's a freaking game, get over it. I can understand if someone walked up to you in real life and started checking the tags on your clothes to see what brand they are and start asking you about how much they cost, etc., but it's a game. You're not going through any pain or suffering when someone checks you. Quit. Whining. Now. Please.
____________________________
Littlebilly
Rank 6 San d'Orian Citizen
Server:Fenrir
Social/Event: TheClick
Dynamis: DreamWalkers
Level 70 BRD/35 WHM (37 WHM, 21 BLU, 18 BLM, 15 THF, 9 BST, 5 WAR).
81.3+1 Clothcrafting
Currently in: Ordelle's Caves
Full AF, Opo-opo crown, AF2: 1/5
#78 Oct 12 2004 at 5:30 PM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
Geez I really don't understand why it bothers you so much. So what if someone wants to look at what you're wearing. It's not like it kills you for them to know what you're wearing. I don't care enough about it to even turn the filter on, but if it really bothered me, I'd turn the filter on so I wouldn't even know if someone was examining me or not. It's as simple as that. It's a freaking game, get over it. I can understand if someone walked up to you in real life and started checking the tags on your clothes to see what brand they are and start asking you about how much they cost, etc., but it's a game. You're not going through any pain or suffering when someone checks you. Quit. Whining. Now. Please.


Aah, I see. So you're allowed to have an opinion on this subject, but if anyone disagrees with you, they're immediately in the wrong right? Look at the flip side of this..

Geez, I really don't understand why you're so nosy. So what if I don't like you looking at my equipment? It's not like it kills you if you don't check me. Even if I turn on the filter, it does not prevent you from being able to /check me. It's as simple as that, you do not need to check someone, ever. Like you said, it's a game. It's not going to make you in pain or suffer if you don't /check me. Quit. Being. Stupid. Now. Please.

Go away.
#79 Oct 12 2004 at 6:57 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,261 posts
So basically... You don't want anyone to get any good ideas for equipment from you because you wanna be the best?
#80 Oct 12 2004 at 7:01 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
Quote:
It's not like it kills you if you don't check me. Even if I turn on the filter, it does not prevent you from being able to /check me.


So, umm. What exactly was the point here? It doesn't kill us if we don't check you. But it kills us if we do? I don't get it. And the only thing that the check filter prevents is from people whining about being checked. :)
#81 Oct 13 2004 at 6:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
113 posts
*walks back into the thread*

Cowgomoo examines Saiyanz.

*turns around and slowly creeps out the door*
____________________________
FFXI: Fenrir
#82 Oct 13 2004 at 8:28 AM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
*looks at Cowgomoo's sig*

Fits you perfectly.
#83 Oct 13 2004 at 9:26 AM Rating: Default
***
3,712 posts
Quote:
It's as simple as that, you do not need to check someone, ever.



unless i see someone same job as i am and near me in levels, and i'd like to see if he has pieces of equipment i should get for myself. there is nothing wrong with being /checked, get over it.
#84 Oct 13 2004 at 9:45 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
521 posts
this subject needs to drop...this is a ridiculous thing to be arguing about in the first place...either A) ignore the " (name)examines you." or B) Turn your filters off..quit ****
____________________________
75 BST/NIN/BLM/MNK
Fenrir server
Taru
#85 Oct 13 2004 at 11:12 AM Rating: Default
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
unless i see someone same job as i am and near me in levels, and i'd like to see if he has pieces of equipment i should get for myself. there is nothing wrong with being /checked, get over it.


Auction House, dunce.
#86 Oct 13 2004 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
631 posts
Quote:
It's as simple as that, you do not need to check someone, ever.


Actually, if someone is wearing a silver chain set and I have reason to believe they're wearing a chainmail set, you can be **** sure I'm going to check them.

The same goes for rank 1 and 2s post Kazham. I'm not going to let my party be gimped because a THF thinks it's funny to wear lizard ledelsins to make the party think they have leaping boots. I don't want to be with people who decieve like that, it shows in their character, and 90% of the time, their playing ability.
#87 Oct 13 2004 at 12:02 PM Rating: Default
***
3,712 posts
Quote:
Auction House, dunce.


lol. get over it, "dunce". maybe i don't feel like walking to an AH when someone standing next to me is wearing something i'd like to check. stop crying.

Edited, Wed Oct 13 13:03:33 2004 by Abadd
#88 Oct 13 2004 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
512 posts
Actually, Saiyanz, there is a perfectly valid reason to check someone (not that any validity from you is needed, but whatever). You have also conceeded that it is a valid reason (in game, I don't know if you have said anything about it in this thread).

Linkshells. Other than asking, (which is not always possible or practical) there is no way to establish the linkshell of another player without checking.

Like it or not, you can and WILL be checked. And just as you have every right to tell us to 'bugger off' we have every right to do it over....and over....and over again. The sad part about that is, you're (general you) the only one getting the least bit emotional over a non-existent problem. Getting all heated over a function that exists in the game but can be filtered as though it didn't, is insane at best.

Absolutely NOTHING harmful can come of being checked. Tons of useful information can be obtained by checking, however. And NOTHING harmful will come of filtering these checks.

Also, news flash, there are some pieces of equipment that *gasp* are not available at the Auction House. There are also some not visable on the character (such as back pieces). Two more reasons where checking would be appropriate.

All reasons aside, however, I tend to ask people before I check them. Why? I have no idea. But I have no problems with people checking me. It causes me no harm, does not hinder my performance or game play, and I usually don't even notice.
____________________________
°Aeslyn°
(Sock or not? I'll let you decide)
#89 Oct 13 2004 at 1:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
631 posts
Quote:
Also, news flash, there are some pieces of equipment that *gasp* are not available at the Auction House. There are also some not visable on the character (such as back pieces). Two more reasons where checking would be appropriate.


I wouldn't have known a Moldavite earring existed if it weren't for checking. ~.^
#90 Oct 13 2004 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
Like it or not, you can and WILL be checked. And just as you have every right to tell us to 'bugger off' we have every right to do it over....and over....and over again. The sad part about that is, you're (general you) the only one getting the least bit emotional over a non-existent problem. Getting all heated over a function that exists in the game but can be filtered as though it didn't, is insane at best.


You're right, as long as nosy twats exist, I will be checked as I run through [x] area but seeing as how you have the 'function' to check me, does that mean since the '/tell' function is in the game, I'm allowed to tell you off? By the way, I'm not sure if I stated it but I, myself, do not care if I get checked or not. Do I get a little bit annoyed? Sure, but I'll live. However, I will get annoyed if I get checked repeatedly. Though I will reiterate: There is no reason to check someone, ever. /sea all <t> tells you their rank, level, job etc. But wait, what if they're anon? Maybe they're telling you something, it's 'go away'.
#91 Oct 13 2004 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
512 posts
Quote:
Though I will reiterate: There is no reason to check someone, ever. /sea all <t> tells you their rank, level, job etc.


Until a /sea all <t> tells the Linkshell, AF pieces, and pops up their bazaar, then you are wrong. Plain and simple.

There is absolutely reason to check someone. It's whatever reason the checker has. But the three things mentioned above are things that cannot be verified in ANY other way.

Edited to add: Yes, the /tell feature is there, and CAN absolutely be used for its intended purpose. To tell someone. However, telling someone off is against the TOS, and until /checking used to verify equipment is added as a violation to said TOS, the two do not compare :P

Edited, Wed Oct 13 16:44:47 2004 by Nisha
____________________________
°Aeslyn°
(Sock or not? I'll let you decide)
#92 Oct 13 2004 at 4:05 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
One time GameChick decided to take a bath in the waters of Giddeus......I ran all the way back from the Whirlwind spawn point for that /check ^^

When i got my Emp hairpin I was was struting my stuff so hard I wanted a sign that said check mah sexyness lol.

I think checking is fun. Examine spamming is kinda annoying but that is a different BST all together. When ever i see a highlevel with some supa d0pe gear i have never seen i like to check it to dream about what i might own in the future. Or if i see a fellow RNG i check them to see if they have a neat peice of gear that i might have forgot about for myself. I usually follow a fellow RNG check with a /salute because i like the feeling of brother/sister hood of job classes.
____________________________
Mitch better have mah bunny.
#93 Oct 13 2004 at 5:16 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,016 posts
Quote:
Until a /sea all <t> tells the Linkshell, AF pieces, and pops up their bazaar, then you are wrong. Plain and simple.


Want to know their linkshell? Ask them, that or why does it matter to you anyways? If you know them, then as I've already said, it's okay to check someone if you know them. AF pieces? Now I know you aren't that stupid. /sea all <t> does tell you what type of AF pieces they have because it is job specific equipment, and what does the /sea all <t> function tell you? Their job. If someone has a bazaar up, then they're stupid if they're annoyed at getting checked. Let me reiterate what I said because clearly, you haven't read everything before you decided to jump into the fray. It is okay to check someone if they have a bazaar up or if you know them. If you're just some random person running by checking someone (Especially if they're anon), you're just being an annoying bugger.

Quote:
There is absolutely reason to check someone. It's whatever reason the checker has. But the three things mentioned above are things that cannot be verified in ANY other way.


Look above, I just shot them all down.

Quote:
Edited to add: Yes, the /tell feature is there, and CAN absolutely be used for its intended purpose. To tell someone. However, telling someone off is against the TOS, and until /checking used to verify equipment is added as a violation to said TOS, the two do not compare :P


Almost everything in the game can be used to 'annoy' someone in some way so that comparison is perfectly valid. And I doubt I would get much more than a slap on the wrist for telling someone off, the GM would just tell you to /blist the perpetrator and be on his way.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic and unlike some people, I will actually be gone. I've said all that I've needed to and if I were to reply, it would just be what I've said previously before. That and I've lost enough karma in one thread.
#94 Oct 13 2004 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
512 posts
Quote:
Want to know their linkshell? Ask them, that or why does it matter to you anyways? If you know them, then as I've already said, it's okay to check someone if you know them. AF pieces? Now I know you aren't that stupid. /sea all <t> does tell you what type of AF pieces they have because it is job specific equipment, and what does the /sea all <t> function tell you? Their job. If someone has a bazaar up, then they're stupid if they're annoyed at getting checked. Let me reiterate what I said because clearly, you haven't read everything before you decided to jump into the fray. It is okay to check someone if they have a bazaar up or if you know them. If you're just some random person running by checking someone (Especially if they're anon), you're just being an annoying bugger.


I know you said you were done, but I thought I'd point some things out.

Linkshell: I, unlike some people, am not familiar with all the High level/HNM LS's. Maybe I'd like to join. Or maybe someone I've seen play, impressed me. I'd like to know who they associate with. Likewise, if you DON'T impress me and are rude/crass/horrifyingly (excuse the spelling) bad, I'd like to know who you are associated with. It gives good indications on people to look up to and people to avoid.

Why don't I ask? What if you're busy? And answering tells would be a hindrance to your current situation? What if you're afk bazaaring, and I just happen to run by and remember you? What if you don't speak English? What if you have me blacklisted and won't answer my tells? What if you have tells filtered? What if you find tells more annoying than checks? :P

AF pieces: Come on now, I know you're not stupid :P As far as I am aware, you aren't automatically granted your AF pieces as you level. Therefore, you need to actually AQUIRE them. Just because you are level 54 does NOT mean you have AF1-3 (I think you get AF 3 at 54. I don't remember) And, as I have not aquired AF for all jobs (really, only AF1 for one) I'm not familiar with the appearance of feet/leg/hand gear for all jobs. And certainly not the weapons. So again, checking will tell me A. if you've taken the time to get them, and B. what they are and their beneficial stats to your job. Can't go to the AH for those :)

Bazaar: That was just to counter your statement of "There is no reason to check someone, ever." That statement didn't leave room for the obvious, so I thought I'd point it out. So you were indeed mistaken with that statement :P


Edited to add: It's all in good fun Saiyanz, you're someone I talk to in game quite a bit, and I'm always open to you and your thoughts. I just thought that maybe you should think a little bit about the other side too. Don't let the bad karma get you down :P

Edited, Wed Oct 13 19:43:25 2004 by Nisha
____________________________
°Aeslyn°
(Sock or not? I'll let you decide)
#95 Oct 14 2004 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
292 posts
some touchy people here O_o

examining has it's uses. i saw some sort of mage next to my mostly dead party in qufim once who was /anon... through a quick /c <t> i saw he was a RDM of appropriate level to raise. i asked him, he said yes. he even went so far as to escort a squishy taru pt member back to the party through a field of banshees. sure, he was anon. he didn't want to show up on /sea all raisersplzthx, but since he was right next to us and i asked very nicely after checking him, he said yes ^^ i don't really see the problem.

also, it's teribly annoying to explain to someone what your gear is/does. i'd rather have them /check me. i had a lowbie WAR ask me once what axe i was using, and i taught them how to use /check to see so i didn't have to sit there and tell them what attributes it had. i think it's silly to get bent out of shape about it, but that's my opinion and you have yours. i'll still /check anyone i please... and apologies in advance to anyone wearing a dalmatica, i ALWAYS forget what that looks like and it always leads to a "omg wtf is that? /check oh right, dalmatica again" session.
#96 Oct 16 2004 at 7:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
99 posts
I know I've said this before, but if check wasn't an intended function- it wouldn't be there.
Furthermore- if it was meant to be private- it would work like trades, you would propose a check, and they would have to accept, but that is not the case.

I am sorry if you have an insecurity problem with checking, but really, get over it.
____________________________
WHM65 | BLM37 | SMN37 |
WAR20 | THF15 | NIN12 | MNK11
Rank 7 Windurstian | M 7-1 | CoP 2-5| ZM 14
Clothcraft 81.7+1
Currently working on: WHM to 70, SMN to 40.
Titan {X} | Shiva {X} | Leviathan {X} | Ifrit {X} | Ramuh {X} | Garuda {X} | Fenrir {Moon Bauble}
>Allakahzam Profile<
LS: OmegaReborn
#97 Oct 17 2004 at 11:47 AM Rating: Decent
*
178 posts
MagnusGallant wrote:
Quote:
Until a /sea all <t> tells the Linkshell, AF pieces, and pops up their bazaar, then you are wrong. Plain and simple.


Want to know their linkshell? Ask them, that or why does it matter to you anyways? If you know them, then as I've already said, it's okay to check someone if you know them. AF pieces? Now I know you aren't that stupid. /sea all <t> does tell you what type of AF pieces they have because it is job specific equipment, and what does the /sea all <t> function tell you? Their job. If someone has a bazaar up, then they're stupid if they're annoyed at getting checked. Let me reiterate what I said because clearly, you haven't read everything before you decided to jump into the fray. It is okay to check someone if they have a bazaar up or if you know them. If you're just some random person running by checking someone (Especially if they're anon), you're just being an annoying bugger.

Quote:
There is absolutely reason to check someone. It's whatever reason the checker has. But the three things mentioned above are things that cannot be verified in ANY other way.


Look above, I just shot them all down.

Quote:
Edited to add: Yes, the /tell feature is there, and CAN absolutely be used for its intended purpose. To tell someone. However, telling someone off is against the TOS, and until /checking used to verify equipment is added as a violation to said TOS, the two do not compare :P


Almost everything in the game can be used to 'annoy' someone in some way so that comparison is perfectly valid. And I doubt I would get much more than a slap on the wrist for telling someone off, the GM would just tell you to /blist the perpetrator and be on his way.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic and unlike some people, I will actually be gone. I've said all that I've needed to and if I were to reply, it would just be what I've said previously before. That and I've lost enough karma in one thread.


Wow you've really got us on this topic. This is quite possibly the most childish argument ever, and NO ONE agrees with you. Checking IS NOT a violation of the TOS, and is in no way violating your rights, rude in any way, shape or form, or harming you or your character physically. Put quite simply, you just want something to whine about, and you were looking for some support on bashing a commonplace occurance. You got no support, so you are now done with this topic. BRAVO you've really proven your point. Retard.
____________________________
Littlebilly
Rank 6 San d'Orian Citizen
Server:Fenrir
Social/Event: TheClick
Dynamis: DreamWalkers
Level 70 BRD/35 WHM (37 WHM, 21 BLU, 18 BLM, 15 THF, 9 BST, 5 WAR).
81.3+1 Clothcrafting
Currently in: Ordelle's Caves
Full AF, Opo-opo crown, AF2: 1/5
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (11)