This is my bazaar comment:
“Happy now? Were your pants going
to ******* burst, if you didn’t find out
what I had in my left ring hand slot?”
It’s not being examined so much as not knowing why people examine me that bothers me. This feeling manifested itself when I was leveling my THF sub, I was just wearing leather armor and leveling in Konchstat, yet people on chocobos were examining me. Like they never saw a set of leather armor before?
Clearly I’m wearing low-level armor and I’m in a low-level zone, why would some high-levels examine me if I won’t be of any use to them? I can’t pt with them, I can’t help them with any quests or missions.
Then random people examine me when I’m walking around. I don’t have my flag up, that means I don’t want to join a party so there’s no reason why anyone would examine me to see if I could be a potential party member. Whether I’m wearing Scale armor or the Centurion set, people examine me for a reason that I cannot figure out.
What’s the mentality of people who examine me? Here’s a couple that I thought of:
1. “Wow, what’s he wearing? I never saw that before. I’ll just take a quick look-see.”
They are genuinely curious with what I’m wearing and have never saw what I was wearing.
2. “Let’s examine everyone I pass by to annoy them!”
Well, except that wouldn’t have been properly puntcuated or spelled right or grammatically correct or intelligible or anywhere near a complete thought, but nonetheless the point of the matter still remains. They’re idiots, they just examine people to annoy them. Had a couple of run ins with people like that.
3. “Oh, that guy I’m passing by and don’t know better be wearing the best gear for his or her level!”
They’re elitists and have to see if my rings, belt, back, and earrings are up-to-date as you can’t see those visual on anyone’s character model. If not they make snide comments to themselves and giggle to themselves in real life. Highly unlikely, but it could be.
4. “What’s that guy wearing? It looks like a Doublet, which is a level eleven armor. He’s fighting Hill Lizards in Valkurm Dunes which is what most people 10-13 level off of. He’s doing little damage to the lizards too, so he has to be around levels 11-13. But what if it’s a HQ version of a Doublet? Oooh, I can’t stand it anymore. I have to find out! /c <t>. Yep, just a Doublet.”
Now they’re just crazy idiots. Still, this would be my second choice.
5. “Hey look at that. Someone that’s wearing what I know looks like a Centurion mail. I really shouldn’t examine them. (walks away a bit) Hey, my pants feel tickly. Feels kinda good ^^. Whoa, this feels really good. (small ripping sounds) O-ow! OW! Oh God! Why does it hurt?! Aaah, make it stop! /c <t>. GA~AH!
_| /\ / \
Oh yeah! Oh man, that really hit the spot.”
Yeah…I’ll let you figure this one on your own.
Well, as you can see from my bazaar comment I think its number five. Let’s not just angry at random people who examine you, let’s find out why they examine us. Feel free to add your thoughts on why people examine you. You can’t solve the problem unless you know what caused it.