Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Babies in Cars.Follow

#52 Jul 03 2014 at 2:45 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Given the hodgepodge and contradictory nature of all those kinds of laws in the 15-18 range across most states I'm surprised more high school students don't end up in jail. Smiley: rolleyes


I'm pretty sure most States have various "Romeo and Juliet" exceptions. I'm not bothered enough to actually look them up and count how many do and do not.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#53 Jul 03 2014 at 2:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Juliet was 13

Although in the original work the play was based on I think she was 16. Shakespeare apparently through 13 worked better.

Edited, Jul 3rd 2014 3:47pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#54 Jul 03 2014 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
They also killed themselves. Pretty good comedy overall.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#55 Jul 03 2014 at 3:09 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
In the end it doesn't matter what he was doing when his son was left in the car, right?
Well not for most things, but in this case it means he's pretty much screwed even if they don't charge him with anything related to his kid's death.


That, and in cases like this, whether and what he gets charged for tends to be based entirely on how likable he is. It shouldn't be that way, but that's how it ends out. If he appears to be a fine upstanding person, we feel sorry for him, and the consensus is that the death of his child is punishment enough. If he's not so fine and upstanding, no matter how irrelevant that is to the death of the child, we wont feel as sorry for him and will be much more willing to demand that he pay in some way. Consciously or not, we (as a society) tend to act as though if the parent is sinful, then the death of the child was some kind of punishment for those sins, and thus the parent is responsible. It's completely silly, but that's how these sorts of things seem to work.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#56 Jul 03 2014 at 3:59 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,297 posts
gbaji wrote:
That, and in cases like this, whether and what he gets charged for tends to be based entirely on how ________ he is.
Rich...how rich he is.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#57 Jul 03 2014 at 4:06 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts

That, and in cases like this, whether and what he gets charged for tends to be based entirely on how likable he is. It shouldn't be that way, but that's how it ends out.


Up. Ends up. No one understands your post when you use the wrong words, little buddy :(
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#58 Jul 03 2014 at 5:16 PM Rating: Excellent
I'm currently fighting a strong urge to write a script that fixes Gbaji posts.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#59 Jul 03 2014 at 7:11 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I'm currently fighting a strong urge to write a script that fixes Gbaji posts.

Just the failed grammar, or is it more involved, like correcting flawed logic and reality?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#60 Jul 03 2014 at 8:15 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

That, and in cases like this, whether and what he gets charged for tends to be based entirely on how likable he is. It shouldn't be that way, but that's how it ends out.


Up. Ends up. No one understands your post when you use the wrong words, little buddy :(


And yet, amazingly, until you pointed this out, no one was aware that they weren't supposed to understand what I meant. Funny how that works.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#61 Jul 03 2014 at 8:58 PM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
gbaji wrote:
And yet, amazingly, until you pointed this out, no one was aware that they weren't supposed to understand what I meant.
No one points out how often you use "cause" in place of "because" or at the very least " 'cause," but that doesn't really mean you're using it correctly, either. It's not like you ever learn or better yourself so pointing stuff out is futile, and the only reason you even added "ended out" in that post was specifically to get Smash to point it out just to play this same card again.

Edited, Jul 3rd 2014 10:59pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#62 Jul 03 2014 at 11:26 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,297 posts
Did Ayn Rand use "end out" a lot? I bet she did. I'll have to look that up.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#63 Jul 04 2014 at 12:52 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts


And yet, amazingly, until you pointed this out, no one was aware that they weren't supposed to understand what I meant. Funny how that works.


False.

Jesus, don't you ever just get exhausted from being wrong all the time?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#64 Jul 04 2014 at 4:29 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Debalic wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I'm currently fighting a strong urge to write a script that fixes Gbaji posts.

Just the failed grammar, or is it more involved, like correcting flawed logic and reality?
Nobody is skilled enough to write a script that can do that.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#65 Jul 06 2014 at 12:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,358 posts
gbaji wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:

That, and in cases like this, whether and what he gets charged for tends to be based entirely on how likable he is. It shouldn't be that way, but that's how it ends out.


Up. Ends up. No one understands your post when you use the wrong words, little buddy :(


And yet, amazingly, until you pointed this out, no one was aware that they weren't supposed to understand what I meant. Funny how that works.


I would just like to point out, once again, that I pointed it out first Smiley: lol

TirithRR wrote:
Had he been working diligently on a project that could cure cancer, or ************ to a bunch of pictures of a naked 17 year old...


Can't they be one and the same?
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#66 Jul 06 2014 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Had he been working diligently on a project that could cure cancer, or ************ to a bunch of pictures of a naked 17 year old...


Can't they be one and the same?


One could dream...
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#67 Jul 06 2014 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
And yet, amazingly, until you pointed this out, no one was aware that they weren't supposed to understand what I meant. Funny how that works.
False.

Jesus, don't you ever just get exhausted from being wrong all the time?

I generally understand what he means, it's just painful to read. Like, stabbing-behind-the-eyes painful. Almost as bad as listening to my wife talk.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#68 Jul 07 2014 at 7:34 AM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
Debalic wrote:
I generally understand what he means, it's just painful to read.
Everyone understands it, which makes it funny when he goes out of his way to explain why no one does and just kind of spins in place.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#69 Jul 07 2014 at 5:46 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
And yet, amazingly, until you pointed this out, no one was aware that they weren't supposed to understand what I meant.
No one points out how often you use "cause" in place of "because" or at the very least " 'cause," but that doesn't really mean you're using it correctly, either. It's not like you ever learn or better yourself so pointing stuff out is futile, and the only reason you even added "ended out" in that post was specifically to get Smash to point it out just to play this same card again.


Nope. Didn't even realize I'd written it that way until Smash choose to go all grammar ****. Seriously, I don't even care about it. It's just how I write (and presumably speak). And, as I've said before, I've never in my life until recently on this forum had anyone take exception to the word use. Which makes me assume that it's not really about the words themselves, but people going out of their way to find something to ding me on.

It's not like my grammar and spelling is even in the bottom 80% of posters on this board, and is probably in the top few percentiles of posters on the internet as a whole. So forgive me for interpreting this as a means to distract from what I'm saying to how I'm saying it.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#70 Jul 07 2014 at 5:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Sure, people don't call you out in person because in person people usually try not to be ********. It doesn't mean they didn't do a double take. It's likely one of those mannerisms that people would use while doing a Gbaji impression, and probably no one cares that much. I imagine any conversation at work would be

new guy: Did he just say end out?
old guy: Yeah, that's just something he does.
new guy: huh, weird.

That doesn't make it right, and it doesn't make you sound/read less silly when you use it.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#71 Jul 07 2014 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
gbaji wrote:
Didn't even realize I'd written it that way until Smash choose to go all grammar ****.
Your story is barely worth the implied two cents of replying to it, bubbeleh.
gbaji wrote:
and is probably in the top few percentiles of posters on the internet as a whole.
I'm sure your English teachers all believe you're a choosen one over your spelling out three letter words. Personally, sounds like lowered standards and nothing to brag about, but I guess when you've got nothing you've got to inflate everything to sound better.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#72 Jul 07 2014 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,297 posts
I wasted several minutes of my life doing various searches for "end out" on the interwebz. Other than "archaic at best" it doesn't show up.

Take from that what you will.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#73 Jul 07 2014 at 6:44 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
I wasted several minutes of my life doing various searches for "end out" on the interwebz. Other than "archaic at best" it doesn't show up.

Take from that what you will.


It means it's not a grammatical error. If it were, it would be listed on all those sites which list grammatical mistakes people make. As I pointed out the last time this subject came up, it's just two words acting as a phrase. There is an infinite number of combinations of words in the English language we can put together to make phrases. There is no magical list of "correct phrases". It's bizarre to think there should be.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#74 Jul 07 2014 at 6:49 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,297 posts
gbaji wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
I wasted several minutes of my life doing various searches for "end out" on the interwebz. Other than "archaic at best" it doesn't show up.

Take from that what you will.


It means it's not a grammatical error. If it were, it would be listed on all those sites which list grammatical mistakes people make. As I pointed out the last time this subject came up, it's just two words acting as a phrase. There is an infinite number of combinations of words in the English language we can put together to make phrases. There is no magical list of "correct phrases". It's bizarre to think there should be.
No, tardslap; it only shows up as "wrong".


Jesus, you are rock stupid.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#75 Jul 07 2014 at 6:52 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,744 posts
gbaji wrote:
There is an infinite number of combinations of words in the English language we can put together to make phrases.
Boxing gloves mulberry ambiguous valley, newspaper peanut cloak machine.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#76 Jul 07 2014 at 10:08 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Didn't even realize I'd written it that way until Smash choose to go all grammar ****.
Your story is barely worth the implied two cents of replying to it, bubbeleh.
gbaji wrote:
and is probably in the top few percentiles of posters on the internet as a whole.
I'm sure your English teachers all believe you're a choosen one over your spelling out three letter words. Personally, sounds like lowered standards and nothing to brag about, but I guess when you've got nothing you've got to inflate everything to sound better.

That sounds like something Napoleon Dynamite would say. "I'm probably like, one of the smartest guys on the internet."
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (63)