Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Are You Kidding Me?Follow

#1 Oct 24 2013 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,810 posts
Are you FUCKING kidding me?

My husband has recently been over-using this phrase to the point of annoyance. I mentioned it to him last night. In hindsight I think that was kind of petty of me.



Edited, Oct 24th 2013 6:21pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#2 Oct 24 2013 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Reducing the casual swearing is a noble enough goal. I'm assuming it was done tactfully and not like with a rolled up newspaper to the head or something?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#3 Oct 24 2013 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,810 posts
Oh it's not the swearing that bothers me, just the redundant phrase that 'are you kidding me' used for too many different situations.

I'm not very tactful.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#4 Oct 24 2013 at 10:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
That alright, it's rare for the newspaper to leave a mark anyway. I'm sure they won't be able to pin it on you. Smiley: wink
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#5 Oct 24 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,235 posts
Elinda wrote:
Are you FUCKING kidding me?

My husband has recently been over-using this phrase to the point of annoyance. I mentioned it to him last night. He repeated the phrase for some reason.

____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#6 Oct 24 2013 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
For some reason this reminds me of the Afghans that were caught on video by the US military gang-banging a goat. Sorry, I'll just go now.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#7 Oct 24 2013 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,810 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Are you FUCKING kidding me?

My husband has recently been over-using this phrase to the point of annoyance. I mentioned it to him last night. He repeated the phrase for some reason.


Yeah, that was about the response I got.

In my fb feed this morning someone had commented on a post using the same phrase (sans the f-bomb)..."Are you kidding ME"?

I guess it's in vogue.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#8 Oct 24 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
Like, OMG are you KIDDING me?
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#9 Oct 24 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
My older child has been using "apparently" as a verbal tic. I probably overuse it myself but he drops it like a 1984 Valley Girl saying "like".

"So apparently my friend Bob was at the store and apparently they had Snickers on sale. So he was going to get one but apparently the register was broken..." Smiley: motz
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#10 Oct 24 2013 at 10:41 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
At least he doesn't tell past stories in the present tense. "So my friend Bob is at the store and they have Snickers on sale. So he is going to get one but the register is broken..."

It's when adults use "come" when they should have used "came" that I want to hit them. I really, really do.

Edited, Oct 24th 2013 12:51pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#11 Oct 24 2013 at 10:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
I'm like, srsly, like are you kidding me? And then he is like apparently, and like OMG call me maybe?

Edited, Oct 24th 2013 9:47am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#12 Oct 24 2013 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,170 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
For some reason this reminds me of the Afghans that were caught on video by the US military gang-banging a goat. Sorry, I'll just go now.
You have a strange and twisted mind.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#13 Oct 24 2013 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,404 posts
I know a video game is fun if one of my roommate plays it and it gets a 1.5 "You have got to be **** me! Really?!" per minute score.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#14 Oct 24 2013 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,642 posts
I prefer "are you kidding me" to "Shut up!" I really don't like it when I tell someone something and they say, "Shut up! Really??" I have no idea where that originated from, and I can't stand it.
#15 Oct 24 2013 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
******
43,628 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Reducing the casual swearing is a noble enough goal.
It's not even a word for me at this point. More like a comma.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#16 Oct 24 2013 at 7:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,220 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
At least he doesn't tell past stories in the present tense. "So my friend Bob is at the store and they have Snickers on sale. So he is going to get one but the register is broken..."




I tend to mix tenses when I tell a story. What can I tell you, my perception of time is fluid.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#17 Oct 24 2013 at 7:16 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,150 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
At least he doesn't tell past stories in the present tense. "So my friend Bob is at the store and they have Snickers on sale. So he is going to get one but the register is broken..."

It's when adults use "come" when they should have used "came" that I want to hit them. I really, really do.

Edited, Oct 24th 2013 12:51pm by Aripyanfar




"I could care less", and "lose", instead of "loose". Anyone who does either deserves being severely beaten. Also "rouge" for "rogue". Fecking illiterate muppets!
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#18 Oct 24 2013 at 8:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,949 posts
Samira wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
At least he doesn't tell past stories in the present tense. "So my friend Bob is at the store and they have Snickers on sale. So he is going to get one but the register is broken..."




I tend to mix tenses when I tell a story. What can I tell you, my perception of time is fluid.


It's a blessing and was a curse.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#19 Oct 24 2013 at 11:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,874 posts
Spelling is overratted anywaeys.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#20 Oct 25 2013 at 3:46 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,679 posts
paulsol wrote:
Also "rouge" for "rogue". Fecking illiterate muppets!
So do you get **** the first time you see it or only once they've done it multiple times and its clearly not a typo issue?

If it's option 1, I'm bound to **** you off at some point.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#21 Oct 25 2013 at 4:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,170 posts
Rouge's are overpowdered.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22 Oct 25 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
*
229 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
For some reason this reminds me of the Afghans that were caught on video by the US military gang-banging a goat. Sorry, I'll just go now.
You have a strange and twisted mind.


Do you mean;

- Afghans were caught on video whilst the US military gang-banged a goat?
- Afghans caught the US military gang-banging a goat on video?
- Goats were caught on US military videotaping an Afghan?
- Afghan military caught a US goat in a gang-banging video?
- Gang-banging goat caught the US military and Afghans on video?
- Banging video caught the US military and Afghans in a gang?

The first was somewhat genuine.
#23 Oct 25 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Rouge's are overpowdered.
Just when there being silly.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#24 Oct 25 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,810 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Rouge's are overpowdered.
Just when there being silly.

Their not powerfuler than ninjas.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#25 Oct 25 2013 at 10:09 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,679 posts
Elinda wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Rouge's are overpowdered.
Just when there being silly.

Their not powerfuler then ninjas.
Git er write
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#26 Oct 25 2013 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,288 posts
My older child has been using "apparently" as a verbal tic. I probably overuse it myself but he drops it like a 1984 Valley Girl saying "like".

That was Hannah about two years ago. Now she oddly misues the phrase 'at least" to mean anything good. "At least we're having chicken tonight." "At least I scored a goal playing soccer" etc. Also she (usually correctly) tries to use the word "ominous" as frequently as possible.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#27 Oct 25 2013 at 4:46 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
I like it, implies there's some great, unspoken imposition which anything good can only hope to somewhat ameliorate.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#28 Oct 25 2013 at 5:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Smasharoo wrote:
That was Hannah about two years ago. Now she oddly misues the phrase 'at least" to mean anything good. "At least we're having chicken tonight." "At least I scored a goal playing soccer" etc.

Holy cats, he does that as well. "Well, at least the mashed potatoes came out good". At least?

And he never actually means it negatively but has to be reminded why it'll be taken that way.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#29 Oct 26 2013 at 1:40 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
Demoncard wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
For some reason this reminds me of the Afghans that were caught on video by the US military gang-banging a goat. Sorry, I'll just go now.
You have a strange and twisted mind.


Do you mean;

- Afghans were caught on video whilst the US military gang-banged a goat?
- Afghans caught the US military gang-banging a goat on video?
- Goats were caught on US military videotaping an Afghan?
- Afghan military caught a US goat in a gang-banging video?
- Gang-banging goat caught the US military and Afghans on video?
- Banging video caught the US military and Afghans in a gang?

The first was somewhat genuine.

Um, I think I'll let you do a net search for Afghans goat gang-bang US military video.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 49 All times are in CDT