Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

You need a white Republican presidentFollow

#1 Oct 12 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Edit: This was picked up and carried on Joe the Plumber's website. But it originated at TheBlackSphere.net. So I kept the original link but properly attributed it.
America needs a white Republican president.
Kevin Jackson wrote:
Admit it. You want a white Republican president again.

Now before you start feeling like you’re a racist, understand you are not.

Wanting a white Republican president doesn’t make you racist, it just makes you American.

In the pre-black president era, criticizing the president was simply the American thing to do. An exercise of one’s First Amendment right. Criticism had nothing to do with color, because there had never been a black president, or at least one whom people recognized as black.

So to criticize the president meant that you didn’t like his policies.

The election of a recognized black president was not supposed to change anything. In fact, it was supposed to (1) ease any perceived racial tensions, and (2) allow the government to focus on legislating without race. So America would be more free than ever to discuss the issues.

Not the case. And that is why having a white Republican president is best for the country.


Edited, Oct 12th 2013 3:47pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#2 Oct 12 2013 at 3:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,315 posts
I'd almost be cool with a white Republican President, but Republican women are too crazy to get elected.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#3 Oct 12 2013 at 3:31 PM Rating: Good
******
44,300 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Kevin Jackson wrote:
because there had never been a black president, or at least one whom people recognized as black.
Did Kevin forget that Colin Powell wasn't president?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Oct 12 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
I still think that Bachmann is a crazy ex drama teacher secretly hired by the Democrats.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#5 Oct 12 2013 at 4:12 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Kevin Jackson wrote:
because there had never been a black president, or at least one whom people recognized as black.
Did Kevin forget that Colin Powell wasn't president?


Or officially black?

To be fair, I think he is officially recognized now
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#6 Oct 12 2013 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
That Kevin Jackso guy sounds pretty ******* crazy.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#7 Oct 12 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
**
585 posts
Love how some people think that reason why more people are not criticizing the president is cause he's black, must be that hard to think there are people that might like the guy. Oh well bunch of nutter butters anyway,.
____________________________
.
#8 Oct 12 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
I think that there is likely some people who fear they will be observed as racist. Hyper sensitivity has caused a segment of the nation to be hyper conscious of their actions and possible results. Granted I am sure that is a small %, probably smaller than the amount of people who actually approve of Congress at any rate.


Also why does the Media continue to try and put Obama as responsible for actions of the house? Technically he doesn't need to discuss with them at all, technically he can sit back and just wait for stuff to sign. I mean it is almost funny, early in his first term Repyblicans said Obama had to much of a presence in the House, when his Dems were moving stuff through, now they say he isn't present enough when the republicans can't agree to even talk about talking.

GOP has actually fallen pretty hard on itself. Obama did a good job baiting them though. Ok ill concede, yep ill concede, fine ill concede that to....Not this time ********* enjoy looking like a pack of idiots!.



Edited, Oct 12th 2013 6:53pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#9 Oct 12 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
**
585 posts
I'm sure there are people that do think that way but no were near as many as the nutter butter wing wants to believe.
____________________________
.
#10 Oct 12 2013 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
That's one thing he is really good at. Call it the rope-a-dope strategy or whatever you wish. It is best summed up with his debate line of "Please proceed, governor" in which Romney believes he was springing a trap... and then Obama sprung a bigger trap right back on him.

Obama is the master of "give them enough rope to hang themselves."

As for, "you can't criticize Obama without being called racist" - sure you can! You just don't get to call him an evil liberal communist fascist socialist Kenyan without getting called racist. "Obama's policies are dangerous for the country" is fine, provided you give concrete examples of the danger. "Obama sure screwed up the Syria situation" is just dandy, if you actually wanted us to go to war. "Obama doesn't want to negotiate with the Republicans" is absolutely true - but the time for negotiation was six months ago.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#11 Oct 13 2013 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,240 posts
Kevin is either decidedly out of touch with reality or chooses consciously to propagate false information to further his cause (which I'm pretty sure is exposure, fame and monies for Kevin).
Quote:
We are witnessing the genesis of a Democrat meltdown.
Democrats are getting desperate, because their scare tactics are failing.

The Left thought the government shutdown was going to fall on the Republicans. It hasn’t. As with all things done by pansies who act the bully, they panic when challenged.

When Democrats panic, it gets ugly. They actually tell people what they think about them, as this GA Democrat did:

Liz Flowers, Executive Director of the Georgia Senate Democratic Caucus, had this to say in response to new poll numbers suggesting more Georgians blame the Democrats for the federal government shutdown:

“Good work. More concerned about the misinformed voting public on how government works. Maybe even more concerned that some elected Republicans don’t understand how government works. Would be interested to see our state results against a state with a more highly educated electorate.”

Translated: Democrat voters are too stupid to know how to discern things for themselves.


Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2013/10/ga-democrats-says-democrats-stupid/#2SfJRMUiowD6rBu8.99
LINK
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#12 Oct 13 2013 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Elinda wrote:
Kevin is either decidedly out of touch with reality or chooses consciously to propagate false information to further his cause (which I'm pretty sure is exposure, fame and monies for Kevin).
A bit of one, a bit of the other I presume.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#13 Oct 13 2013 at 7:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I can't believe that anyone sane would be surprised when the majority population in a majority red state blames the Democrats for government failings.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#14 Oct 13 2013 at 7:58 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I can't believe that anyone sane would be surprised when the majority population in a majority red state blames the Democrats for government failings.
No no no, you've got it all wrong. The fact that the majority of the population there blame Democrats means that most of the country blames the Democrats for the shutdown. It's just obvious ad any data saying otherwise clearly has a liberal bias.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#15 Oct 13 2013 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Can't trust the polling data that blames Republicans either. It is clearly a biased poll and doesn't actually represent Americans.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#16 Oct 13 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,015 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I can't believe that anyone sane would be surprised when the majority population in a majority red state blames the Democrats for government failings.

I blame it on being in the South, not party affiliation.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#17 Oct 13 2013 at 10:36 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
Trust me, if Athens, GA could pick itself up and drop itself in Washington State next to Seattle, we would. We'd also grab Austin, TX along the way.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#18 Oct 13 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
rdmcandie wrote:
Can't trust the polling data that blames Republicans either. It is clearly a biased poll and doesn't actually represent Americans.

What if we unskew it?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#19 Oct 13 2013 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,108 posts
I accept the position.

Criticize away.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#20 Oct 13 2013 at 12:07 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,108 posts
Almalieque wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Kevin Jackson wrote:
because there had never been a black president, or at least one whom people recognized as black.
Did Kevin forget that Colin Powell wasn't president?


Or officially black?

To be fair, I think he is officially recognized now

He's officially white per the 2003 Racial Draft.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#21 Oct 13 2013 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,663 posts
This is funny, because I grew up with everyone making fun of President Clinton, but when Bush was elected I was yelled at by my elders for criticizing or making fun of him.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
FFXI-AH Profile
#22 Oct 13 2013 at 6:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Catwho wrote:
Trust me, if Athens, GA could pick itself up and drop itself in Washington State next to Seattle, we would. We'd also grab Austin, TX along the way.

Nashville, too.
#23 Oct 13 2013 at 11:00 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Kevin Jackson wrote:
because there had never been a black president, or at least one whom people recognized as black.
Did Kevin forget that Colin Powell wasn't president?


Or officially black?

To be fair, I think he is officially recognized now

He's officially white per the 2003 Racial Draft.


I think that started to change when he started supporting Barry O.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#24 Oct 14 2013 at 2:33 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Trust me, if Athens, GA could pick itself up and drop itself in Washington State next to Seattle, we would. We'd also grab Austin, TX along the way.

Nashville, too.
Washington is going to get awfully crowded like that.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#25 Oct 14 2013 at 4:05 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Trust me, if Athens, GA could pick itself up and drop itself in Washington State next to Seattle, we would. We'd also grab Austin, TX along the way.

Nashville, too.
Washington is going to get awfully crowded like that.


Given the political support in those areas, I doubt the majority would want to go to Washington. I can't necessarily speak for Athens, but I doubt Nashville.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#26 Oct 14 2013 at 7:49 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
The actual cities themselves are fairly left leaning. It's the rural areas (the "metro" areas for census purposes), which include the very conservative suburbs, that would be happy to ship us off to another state.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#27 Oct 14 2013 at 7:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Demea wrote:
I accept the position.

Criticize away.

I think critics are being pussies. "Oh noes, someone might call me racist!"

If I had a nickle for every time someone said I hate veterans or hate liberty or don't love my country enough or want Al'Qaeda to win or don't care about 9/11 victims or some other half-assed attempt at an ad hominem attack, I'd be well set to weather the economy. And not just from complete idiots like Varus. Big deal. If your argument against the administration is so weak that "He might call me racist" shatters your ability to project it, you never had much of an argument in the first place. If you need to start saying "Well, if only the president was white, then I could criticize him" then you've already lost the debate before it even started.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#28 Oct 14 2013 at 8:30 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
I actually went along that line of reasoning when explaining to someone why so many liberals in the south are relatively quiet on the public front. We learned to shut up lest our own friends and family start calling us pinko commie traitors. So we stopped saying anything in public unless we were career politicians, and turned to online places to organize and protests where we could gather in relatively safe crowds.

That's why civil discourse has fallen apart in this country. Conservatives start their argument with the idea that the person they are debating is simultaneously an "urban" socialist who wants to take money from the people doing work to live a welfare queen lifestyle, getting "free" stuff, that doesn't understand how the real world works. Liberals start their argument with the idea that the person they are debating is a redneck, uneducated backwoods neo-Confederate who has been brainwashed by the elites to do their bidding.

Human beings are a lot messier than either stereotype, but in an online forum when you can't see the person you are arguing with, all you have is a name (or a handle) and the stereotype to fall back on.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#29 Oct 14 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,998 posts
Catwho wrote:
I actually went along that line of reasoning when explaining to someone why so many liberals in the south are relatively quiet on the public front. We learned to shut up lest our own friends and family start calling us pinko commie traitors. So we stopped saying anything in public unless we were career politicians, and turned to online places to organize and protests where we could gather in relatively safe crowds.
I've found this side of liberals to be relatively amusing. A Republican can come into a scene ranting and openly screaming about how something ****** them off, and the country has lost their way, and none of it all makes sense (Republicans really do the righteous indignation thing quite well). The Democrat will sit there quietly listening to the whole thing, maybe mentioning a couple of safe things they agree on, and silently nodding at the rest. The Republican will then leave with some sort of reassurance for their take on life. At that point the rest of the room will breathe a sigh of relief and go out and vote for all the pinko commie traitors they can find.

R: "If people believe differently why don't they come out and tell me otherwise? Stand up for what you believe!" Smiley: mad

D: "Yeah sure, let's try our best to **** off the guy who has a shotgun under the seat of his truck and is already foaming at the mouth." Smiley: rolleyes

Edited, Oct 14th 2013 8:29am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#30 Oct 14 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
I've learned from dealing with my schizophrenic sister that the best thing to do is just nod and smile and stick to safe topics. Challenging her worldview on something could trigger an episode and that's the last thing I want on my conscious.

So, in essence, Southern Democrats/liberals treat their Republican brethren as if they were mentally ill.

Probably not that far off the mark.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#31 Oct 14 2013 at 12:59 PM Rating: Good
******
21,718 posts
Catwho wrote:
Southern Democrats/liberals treat their Republican brethren as if they were mentally ill.


This is less geographically constrained than one might think. From my own personal experience, Republicans in general are just far less tolerant of dissenting opinions, so much so that it becomes a futile endeavor to engage them on any topic that would challenge their internal bias. The fact that the popular vote disagrees with the overall republican position on most topics should be an obvious counter to this line of thinking, but then again, a healthy majority of Republicans can't see the forest for their trees.


Edited, Oct 14th 2013 2:00pm by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#32 Oct 14 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,240 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Southern Democrats/liberals treat their Republican brethren as if they were mentally ill.


This is less geographically constrained than one might think. From my own personal experience, Republicans in general are just far less tolerant of dissenting opinions, so much so that it becomes a futile endeavor to engage them on any topic that would challenge their internal bias. The fact that the popular vote disagrees with the overall republican position on most topics should be an obvious counter to this line of thinking, but then again, a healthy majority of Republicans can't see the forest for their trees.


Edited, Oct 14th 2013 2:00pm by BrownDuck
I can agree with the final argument but your premise is flawed. If nothing else reading forums should have shown you that people in general, regardless of political bent, are not tolerant of consenting opinions to any great degree.

The tea party is being supported by their party - even lauded for sticking to their principles. Why should they question their opinion? Cruz is still telling them that the gov. shut down is the fault of the Dems. Why would they believe some other source of information that they don't trust (liberal media) over their own party puppydog?





____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#33 Oct 14 2013 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,108 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Republicans are stupid and mean and wrong and racist and SO INTOLERANT, U GUYZ

The hypocrisy is hilarious.
Quote:
The fact that the popular vote disagrees with the overall republican position on most topics

This is bending the definition of "popular vote" at best.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#34 Oct 14 2013 at 4:38 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Demea wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Republicans are stupid and mean and wrong and racist and SO INTOLERANT, U GUYZ

The hypocrisy is hilarious.
Bookmark for future reference.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#35 Oct 14 2013 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
******
44,300 posts
Elinda wrote:
If nothing else reading forums should have shown you that people in general, regardless of political bent, are not tolerant of consenting opinions to any great degree.
I disagree.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#36 Oct 14 2013 at 5:32 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Demea wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Republicans are stupid and mean and wrong and racist and SO INTOLERANT, U GUYZ

The hypocrisy is hilarious.


1. Pull your head out of your ***
2. Wipe the **** from your eyes so you can read easier.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#37 Oct 14 2013 at 5:57 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Nice job proving him wrong.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#38 Oct 14 2013 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,108 posts
Sorry, Ducky. I guess a more accurate paraphrase would have been "Republicans disagree with me, and therefore are intolerant of my opinions because other people agree with me so everybody should."

You see why I find it funny, right?

Edited, Oct 14th 2013 9:21pm by Demea
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#39 Oct 14 2013 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Demea wrote:
Sorry, Ducky. I guess a more accurate paraphrase would have been "Republicans disagree with me, and therefore are intolerant of my opinions because other people agree with me so everybody should."

You see why I find it funny, right?


That's not what I said at all.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#40 Oct 15 2013 at 4:54 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,278 posts
Catwho wrote:
So, in essence, Southern Democrats/liberals treat their Republican brethren as if they were mentally ill.


Wait a second, they aren't? They sure as **** act like it.

Seriously though, the Republican party is in such a bad state that they're starting to make McCarthy look somewhat sane. They're not quite there yet, but the day is coming, unless either some major change in their rhetoric happens, or they find a leader who can lead them in the right direction.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#41 Oct 15 2013 at 6:17 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,240 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
If nothing else reading forums should have shown you that people in general, regardless of political bent, are not tolerant of consenting opinions to any great degree.
I disagree.

Mr. Reliable. Smiley: smile
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#42 Oct 15 2013 at 6:22 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Southern Democrats/liberals treat their Republican brethren as if they were mentally ill.


This is less geographically constrained than one might think. From my own personal experience, Republicans in general are just far less tolerant of dissenting opinions, so much so that it becomes a futile endeavor to engage them on any topic that would challenge their internal bias. The fact that the popular vote disagrees with the overall republican position on most topics should be an obvious counter to this line of thinking, but then again, a healthy majority of Republicans can't see the forest for their trees.


Edited, Oct 14th 2013 2:00pm by BrownDuck


From my personal experience, Republicans seem to not understand tolerance and Democrats seem not to understand acceptance. In other words, Republicans have a problem accepting someone as a *person* that doesn't fit their idea of what a person should be. While Democrats have a problem accepting people who tolerates a group of people, but do not fully accept them for who they are.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#43 Oct 15 2013 at 6:39 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
Uh, no. Republicans are some of the most intolerant people on the planet. Dems, as a whole, are very "live and let live" provided the living doesn't involve harm to other people (like the Libertarians believe).

No, the difference is that Dems believe the government should stay out of the private lives of the citizens, but be fully vested in taking care of the most vulnerable (e.g. tax the rich to give to the poor) while keeping a tight reign on industry and business, who are notorious for historical abuses.

Republicans believe the government should stay out of the pocketbooks of private citizens, and should leave business alone, but it's totally okay to interfere with the private lives of citizens if they think it's something immoral people ought not to be doing - even if it doesn't directly harm others (one could argue abortion harms another, but *** marriage doesn't harm anybody despite what they say.)
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#44 Oct 15 2013 at 6:48 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,240 posts
Catwho wrote:
Uh, no. Republicans are some of the most intolerant people on the planet.
Do you mean hypocritical or bigoted, or stupid?

I just don't see democrats being any more tolerant of republican politics than visa versa.

You don't sound very 'tolerant' of your southern right leaning relatives.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#45 Oct 15 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
**
585 posts
Only so much racism you can put up with. That sums up most of my relatives who go on about welfare but refused to accept that most people on welfare are white. What was the best was most of my family good god fearing Christians spewed such hate at my cousin for marrying outside our race, so yeah I am very in tolerant of their views.
____________________________
.
#46 Oct 15 2013 at 7:40 AM Rating: Excellent
*
158 posts
Quote:
No, the difference is that Dems believe the government should stay out of the private lives of the citizens, but be fully vested in taking care of the most vulnerable (e.g. tax the rich to give to the poor) while keeping a tight reign on industry and business, who are notorious for historical abuses.


Smiley: laugh

Wait, you're actually serious?

Smiley: laughSmiley: laughSmiley: laugh
#47 Oct 15 2013 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Elinda wrote:
You don't sound very 'tolerant' of your southern right leaning relatives.
Cat is blind to the fact hat she is liberal varus.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#48 Oct 15 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Elinda wrote:
You don't sound very 'tolerant' of your southern right leaning relatives.
Cat is blind to the fact hat she is liberal varus.


My spelling and grammar are much better. Smiley: bah

I'd be more tolerant of them if they would stop going on racist, hate filled screeds every five minutes and bemoaning how the country is falling apart because we have a black President (well, I guess the country is falling apart at the moment, but it's not because Obama is black.) At leas they don't believe the End Times are coming, unlike most of their fellow Tea Partiers.

I'm actually very quiet and civil when I'm around them. Sit down, shut up, listen, nod, and smile. Cluck sympathetically. Gently try to steer the conversation around to less volatile subjects. When that fails, outright change the subject. When that fails, leave before my husband gets angry enough to punch the wall.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#49 Oct 15 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Catwho wrote:
My spelling and grammar are much better. Smiley: bah
Very true, I did not give you near enough credit.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#50 Oct 15 2013 at 9:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,998 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Seriously though, the Republican party is in such a bad state that they're starting to make McCarthy look somewhat sane. They're not quite there yet, but the day is coming, unless either some major change in their rhetoric happens, or they find a leader who can lead them in the right direction.
The ones I feel bad for are the moderate Republicans. The nutters doing most of the screaming and causing a ruckus pretty much have to if they want to survive their primary challengers (let's not even bother to pretend the general election matters to them at this point). It reflects poorly on their more moderate colleges who, while still wanting concessions, are perfectly willing to do find some common-ground/compromise solution that doesn't make the U.S. look suicidal.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#51 Oct 15 2013 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,240 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
The ones I feel bad for are the moderate Republicans.

I wouldn't feel too bad for them.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 46 All times are in CST
Omegavegeta, Samira, Anonymous Guests (44)