Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

SyriaFollow

#202 Sep 09 2013 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Putin never should have even mentioned this. He should have ran into Syria in the dead of night, threw all their weapons in a sack and dashed back across the border. He could have come back and told the UN about it after the fact.

Totally bad ***.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#203 Sep 09 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
The only sensible solution is to send them to Paradise Falls, South America.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#204 Sep 09 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Again. Irrelevant to the point I'm making here.

Yeah, the point I'm making is that the number you're citing is a completely different number and was in fact a major catalyst for Obama chosing to go to Congress.


Except that the number didn't exist until *after* Obama (the White House really) started talking about going to congress to get approval for an airstrike. I'm saying that by doing that, he created the question in the first place. Had he simply taken action unilaterally, the only people talking about whether he should have gotten approval first would be the handful of pundits no one usually listens to anyway. It would be a done deal, just like airstrikes conducted multiple times during the Clinton administration (and drone strikes conducted regularly by the Obama administration I might add).

He created the public discussion Joph. That's the point I'm making. If he'd wanted to do an airstrike and just an airstrike, he should have just done it. The course he chose was guaranteed to create exactly the kind of conflict and disagreement and public response that we're seeing. Which makes one wonder why he chose to do it this way.

Quote:
Quote:
If he'd simply ordered air strikes on his own on day one

What's "Day One"? Before the UN inspectors examined the site? Before the reports confirming the weapons used and the delivery systems?


Well. Day one would have been Aug 26th, when Kerry declared the US finding was that chemical weapons were used and that the evidence strongly supported that they were used by the Syrian government. Recall that this was the first *official* statement about this. The unofficial writing had been on the wall for a couple days before that statement.

And even if we want to extend this "just to be sure", on Aug 28th, the US told the press they were positive it was Assad. Obama gave an interview where he spoke about possible military response. Note that this is right at the same time that the poll you're talking about began. You get that this was orchestrated by the White House Communications office, right? The president doesn't do an interview without planning. Thus, the media folks knew this was coming and what was going to be discussed at least a day or two in advance. Hence the poll starting the same day Obama appeared on TV talking about this.

It was designed this way Joph. The White House chose to schedule interviews and TV appearances instead of planning an airstrike. Obama telegraphed his intention to seek congressional approval well ahead of time on this. The idea that he was just sitting around wondering what to do, and then this opinion poll happened to appear and it told him he should send this to congress is ridiculous. The White House clearly wagged the media dog on this one, and if you can't see it, you're blind as a bat.

Quote:
Because, ya know, they actually pulled out the UN inspectors a day early for fear that the US would attack. That would have been a couple days AFTER the August 28-29 poll by the way. The one that you say should have never happened because Obama should have just launched a bunch of missiles into Syria.


I'm not sure what you think that means. It's not like the inspectors were anywhere near any likely targets of an airstrike. So... what? Media reporting always trails behind decision making. Obama had clearly decided to hand this one over to Congress well before going on TV and saying that's what he was going to do. And I suspect he made that decision before that poll was put in the field as well. ****. It was probably put out with the specific intent of supporting the Presidents decision (but obviously, there's no way to prove that, but the timing is amazingly coincidental). You've got to be pretty naive to not see that this was all orchestrated.

Ironically, it looks like the whole things backfiring on Obama though. Not sure if the long term political gains are going to be worth the chaos he's creating right now.

Edited, Sep 9th 2013 5:16pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#205 Sep 09 2013 at 6:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
And even if we want to extend this "just to be sure", on Aug 28th, the US told the press they were positive it was Assad.

So, the same day as the polling showing that 80% of the nation wanted a Congressional mandate. Yeah, thanks for proving my point for me.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#206 Sep 09 2013 at 6:25 PM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
gbaji wrote:
Had he simply taken action unilaterally, the only people talking about whether he should have gotten approval first would be the handful of pundits no one usually listens to anyway.
I'm not sure if this is funny because it's self-aware humor or that you really consider yourself a pundit.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#207 Sep 10 2013 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,071 posts
If the newly proposed extraction policy goes through, I think it will showcase a bit of more rational evolution of US foreign policy in the region. I still think we should offer a carrot + stick solution rather than carrot is lack of stick, as it would give us the opportunity to be on the right side regardless of which party ends up on top at the end of the civil war.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#208 Sep 10 2013 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
Paint the missiles orange and the wings green.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#209 Sep 10 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
Wasn't Gbaji ******** about Obama not going to congress over Libya? Now he is complaining Obama is going to congress over Syria?

Make up your mind **** stick.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#210 Sep 10 2013 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Wasn't Gbaji ******** about Obama not going to congress over Libya? Now he is complaining Obama is going to congress over Syria?

Make up your mind @#%^ stick.


He has made up his mind. It's approximately akin to "Everything democrats ever do is wrong and I'm angry about it."
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#211 Sep 10 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
That was covered already, anyway.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#212 Sep 10 2013 at 11:01 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Whoa, your avatar is gone.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#213 Sep 10 2013 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
That was covered already, anyway.


Eh, I only skimmed this page.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#214 Sep 10 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
That's ... weird.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#215 Sep 10 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Wasn't Gbaji ******** about Obama not going to congress over Libya? Now he is complaining Obama is going to congress over Syria?

Make up your mind @#%^ stick.


He has made up his mind. It's approximately akin to "Everything democrats ever do is wrong and I'm angry about it."
Oh that's entirely not true. The GOP has very very good reasons why this is different than Syria.

Obama just wants to help his lazy French allies, because they're so much alike.

Freedom Fries! Smiley: schooled
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#216 Sep 10 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
So, Kerry's off the cuff remark looks like it's going to stop us from dropping any bombs, disarms Syria of their chemical weapons, & Assad doesn't even have to admit he did anything wrong.

Weird couple weeks...
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#217 Sep 10 2013 at 11:08 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
So, Kerry's off the cuff remark looks like it's going to stop us from dropping any bombs, disarms Syria of their chemical weapons, & Assad doesn't even have to admit he did anything wrong.

Weird couple weeks...



Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#218 Sep 10 2013 at 11:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
So, Kerry's off the cuff remark looks like it's going to stop us from dropping any bombs, disarms Syria of their chemical weapons, & Assad doesn't even have to admit he did anything wrong.
My tinfoilhat side says they worked this out during the G20 summit and all the actors are just playing their parts.

Smiley: tinfoilhat

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#219 Sep 10 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#220 Sep 10 2013 at 11:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#221 Sep 10 2013 at 11:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
The US has its own intelligence, satellite photos, etc to support the idea that Assad used the gas. The UN had its inspectors in the country and have a report that's supposed to be issued late this week or early next week (forget exactly when).

Given the absolute intelligence fiasco and failures leading to justify the Iraq war, I'd err on the side of more information over knee-jerk bad *** preemptive strikes myself but I'm just some silly liberal.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#222 Sep 10 2013 at 11:39 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?


Considering Obama and Kerry were priming up to launch strikes into Syria based on the evidence they had....I am not sure what your point is. **** it was all systems go until Russia asked the US to put up or shut up. I mean **** the evidence is so damning that the US claims Russia is a poison in the UN, and Canada is calling for an end to Vetos in the Security council.

Gotta be some good evidence to put that many feet in the Wests mouth at once.






Edited, Sep 10th 2013 1:41pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#223 Sep 10 2013 at 11:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?
Considering Obama and Kerry were priming up to launch strikes into Syria based on the evidence they had....I am not sure what your point is.
Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#224 Sep 10 2013 at 11:43 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?
Considering Obama and Kerry were priming up to launch strikes into Syria based on the evidence they had....I am not sure what your point is.
Smiley: facepalm


Indeed, thats what I do every morning reading about how Obama and Kerry are handing over the Wests position of power to Russia and China on a silver plater...one lie at a time.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#225 Sep 10 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?
Considering Obama and Kerry were priming up to launch strikes into Syria based on the evidence they had....I am not sure what your point is.
Smiley: facepalm


Indeed, thats what I do every morning reading about how Obama and Kerry are handing over the Wests position of power to Russia and China on a silver plater...one lie at a time.
Yeah well they'll never take my freedom, so long as I have my Winchester and this giant quote pyramid keeping me safe.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#226 Sep 10 2013 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
That's ... weird.


I don't like it. Your posts are too... small, now.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#227 Sep 10 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?
Considering Obama and Kerry were priming up to launch strikes into Syria based on the evidence they had....I am not sure what your point is.
Smiley: facepalm


Indeed, thats what I do every morning reading about how Obama and Kerry are handing over the Wests position of power to Russia and China on a silver plater...one lie at a time.
Yeah well they'll never take my freedom, so long as I have my Winchester and this giant quote pyramid keeping me safe.


They already have your freedom...it got signed away in Oct of 2001.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#228 Sep 10 2013 at 11:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:

rdmcandie wrote:
Have they released the proof that Assad even did anything?
They didn't get a chance to finish their work did they?


They haven't?

Odd because it seems Kerry and Obama have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks claiming they have evidence, would seem odd to claim you have something when you haven't had the chance to finish your work.
Well yeah, after you find what you want you're supposed to stop looking around and bury your head in the sand.

Right?
Considering Obama and Kerry were priming up to launch strikes into Syria based on the evidence they had....I am not sure what your point is.
Smiley: facepalm


Indeed, thats what I do every morning reading about how Obama and Kerry are handing over the Wests position of power to Russia and China on a silver plater...one lie at a time.
Yeah well they'll never take my freedom, so long as I have my Winchester and this giant quote pyramid keeping me safe.


They already have your freedom...it got signed away in Oct of 2001.
That's what they want you to think. Pay in cash and stay off the internet!
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#229 Sep 10 2013 at 12:44 PM Rating: Good
I have no doubt someone in Assad's military used chemical weapons, based on the video evidence (It's online if you feel like watching a snuff film), the sat photos, the intercepted calls/radio transmissions. It does appear the threat of US intervention has worked, though, as now Syria wants to sign the Chemical Weapons ban treaty & Russia is gonna ok their disarming them provided the US, England, & France promise not to bomb them.

A win for everyone minus the 1400 who died from them.


Edited, Sep 10th 2013 2:46pm by Omegavegeta
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#230 Sep 10 2013 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
That's ... weird.
I don't like it. Your posts are too... small, now.
Gonna stay this way for a while.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#231 Sep 10 2013 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
At least add spaces after your signature or something. Smiley: mad
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#232 Sep 10 2013 at 12:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
That's ... weird.
I don't like it. Your posts are too... small, now.
Gonna stay this way for a while.
Why?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#233 Sep 10 2013 at 12:58 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,586 posts
I have no doubt someone in Assad's military used chemical weapons, based on the video evidence (It's online if you feel like watching a snuff film), the sat photos, the intercepted calls/radio transmissions

Really, no doubt? So just to sum up the sequence of events, as you see them, Assad (or whoever) launches a miniscule chemical weapons strike, there's a small international furor, nothing of consequence comes from it, then he decides he has no interest in using chemical weapons ever again because...I don't know, I'm guessing here...dragons?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#234 Sep 10 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Dragons would be bad ***.

I wish we had a dragon for president Smiley: frown
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#235 Sep 10 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
I have no doubt someone in the Rebel camp used chemical weapons. Based on first hand accounts by rebels (its online if you feel like reading middle eastern news sources) the sat photos and calls/radio transmissions. It does appear the diplomacy of Russia has worked though, as now the US has stepped back and is delaying a crucial congressional vote to launch strikes without UN consent, while Russia, Syria and the UN hammer out a peaceful alternative.

I mean its not like the Rebels haven't used the weapons before right. Its not like Al Qaeda in Iraq hasn't been making chemical weapons at all either. But I am sure that is inconsequential anyway, since there is no Al Qaeda presence in Syria...right Mr. Kerry!





Edited, Sep 10th 2013 3:02pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#236 Sep 10 2013 at 1:13 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
Really, no doubt? So just to sum up the sequence of events, as you see them, Assad (or whoever) launches a miniscule chemical weapons strike, there's a small international furor, nothing of consequence comes from it, then he decides he has no interest in using chemical weapons ever again because...I don't know, I'm guessing here...dragons?


The threat of the US & Co. intervening & making him lose his civil war. The whole "red line" thing came out of the fact that based on our intelligence the Assad regime was getting ready to use Chems, Obama yelled at him, & they backed down then. I actually don't think Assad signed off on the chems, based on the chatter that was intercepted, the fact that UN inspectors were in country, & the fact that our intel didn't pick up on them getting ready to use them. I also doubt the Rebels or Al Queda used them, as if they had Assad probably would have let the inspectors investigate immediately and could have swooped in and been a hero to his people.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#237 Sep 10 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I wish we had a dragon for president Smiley: frown
But only if the dragon doesn't go to congress.

Or goes to congress. I'm not particularly sure what the conservative script is about them. Dragon starts with D and all.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#238 Sep 10 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,586 posts
The threat of the US & Co. intervening & making him lose his civil war. The whole "red line" thing came out of the fact that based on our intelligence the Assad regime was getting ready to use Chems, Obama yelled at him, & they backed down then. I actually don't think Assad signed off on the chems, based on the chatter that was intercepted, the fact that UN inspectors were in country, & the fact that our intel didn't pick up on them getting ready to use them. I also doubt the Rebels or Al Queda used them, as if they had Assad probably would have let the inspectors investigate immediately and could have swooped in and been a hero to his people.

Holy fuck. No idea where to start, really. Your opinion would literally seem more credible if you just quoted dialogue verbatim from an episode of "24". Targeted strikes expressly designed not to effect the outcome of the civil war were going to cause him to loose the civil war?? Assad would have given up national sovereignty cavalierly if the opposition had used chemical weapons?

What fucking universe do you live in?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#239 Sep 10 2013 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I think the green dragons are liberal but they breathe chlorine gas so that might be an uncomfortable conflict of interest.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#240 Sep 10 2013 at 1:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Liberal dragons breathe blue fire. Conservative dragons breathe red fire.

Duh.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#241angrymnk, Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 6:53 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So what does it all mean?
#242 Sep 10 2013 at 7:24 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
And even if we want to extend this "just to be sure", on Aug 28th, the US told the press they were positive it was Assad.

So, the same day as the polling showing that 80% of the nation wanted a Congressional mandate. Yeah, thanks for proving my point for me.


The same day the poll went into the field. Not the same day the poll results were released. You're right! No political hack has *ever* put a poll in the field, knowing what the result would be, with the intention of supporting the intended action of his guy. That never happens. Oh wait! It happens all the **** time.


Obama never intended to take any military action in Syria. Everything he's done has been to allow him to not do anything, despite his "red line" statement, while making sure everyone and his mother knows that his decision to not do anything was what everyone wanted him to do in the first place. It's not just about whether to ask for congressional approval, but also how this whole thing has been dragged out in the public so as to build as much opposition to action as possible.

I happen to think that it semi-backfired on him, but I do think that was his plan. I'm sure he'll be able to put a positive spin on it though, and I'm also sure that the media will lap it up and regurgitate it for him.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#243 Sep 10 2013 at 7:30 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Had he simply taken action unilaterally, the only people talking about whether he should have gotten approval first would be the handful of pundits no one usually listens to anyway.
I'm not sure if this is funny because it's self-aware humor or that you really consider yourself a pundit.


I would not have criticized the action if he'd done it that way. There are *always* a few people who'll pull out the official rule book of warfare and try to make the point that he should have gotten approval first, but those rules have never been applied in cases of short term punitive strikes. Doesn't prevent people from saying it, but as I said: No one takes them seriously. Because no one honestly expects the president to wait around for weeks while open debate and legal wrangling go on, just to do a one time air strike.

Which is why in this case, the decision to open it up to exactly that sort of debate right off the bat suggests strongly that his intention all along was to not take any military action in response to the chemical weapons use. Even if he'd wanted to wait, the White House could easily have simply said they were waiting for a full investigation and weren't yet considering options. They didn't. They did the opposite. They engaged almost immediately in "what if" scenarios, and more or less begged the media to pick up the "what should the president do, and how should he do it" story.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#244 Sep 10 2013 at 7:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
The same day the poll went into the field. Not the same day the poll results were released. You're right! No political hack has *ever* put a poll in the field, knowing what the result would be, with the intention of supporting the intended action of his guy. That never happens. Oh wait! It happens all the **** time.

Seriously? You've resorted to clinging to polling conspiracy theories? This is your argument now?

Hey, maybe next you'll talk about the oversampling!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#245gbaji, Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 7:38 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You're easily manipulated, aren't you? Obama yelled at him and he backed down? Lol!!!
#246 Sep 10 2013 at 7:44 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,049 posts
I think this is actually a great course of action for Russia. After selling chems to Syria, they get to take them back and, undoubtedly, sell them to Assad again in ten years! it's like the DEA drug trade: shake down dealers, take their dope, then sell it back to them.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#247 Sep 10 2013 at 7:52 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
The same day the poll went into the field. Not the same day the poll results were released. You're right! No political hack has *ever* put a poll in the field, knowing what the result would be, with the intention of supporting the intended action of his guy. That never happens. Oh wait! It happens all the **** time.

Seriously? You've resorted to clinging to polling conspiracy theories?


It's not a conspiracy theory when putting polls (or arranging for them to be put) in the field is a common political practice Joph. Where you born under a rock just yesterday or something?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#248 Sep 10 2013 at 8:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
It's not a conspiracy theory when putting polls (or arranging for them to be put) in the field is a common political practice Joph. Where you born under a rock just yesterday or something?

Well, you're certainly the one to lecture us all about polling. I mean, with your 0-500 track record for being correct and all.

But that "born under a rock" comment was cutting and that's almost as good as credibility.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#249 Sep 10 2013 at 8:12 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
Holy ****. No idea where to start, really. Your opinion would literally seem more credible if you just quoted dialogue verbatim from an episode of "24". Targeted strikes expressly designed not to effect the outcome of the civil war were going to cause him to loose the civil war?? Assad would have given up national sovereignty cavalierly if the opposition had used chemical weapons?

What ******* universe do you live in?


Why is Assad now offering to declare his Chems, give them up, & sign the Chemical Weapons Ban treaty if his military:

1) Didn't Gas Civilians (Again, probably)
&
2) Isn't "afraid" of the US/France/England "punishing" him
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#250 Sep 10 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,586 posts
Why is Assad now offering to declare his Chems, give them up

He isn't. He's offering to pretend to, which, as it happens, isn't actually the same thing.


, & sign the Chemical Weapons Ban treaty


I'm not even going to address this one. Why sign a treaty after the consensus is that you've violated the terms of the treaty ex parte? See if you can riddle it out.


if his military:

1) Didn't Gas Civilians (Again, probably)
&
2) Isn't "afraid" of the US/France/England "punishing" him


For fuck sake, really? Because international diplomacy isn't the same as deciding if a child stole a fucking cookie. Let's look at the simplest possible reasons, shall we?

1. The chemical weapons are a hedge against Isreal's WMDs. A brokered solution involving the US neuters that threat.

2. Never used them, has no intent to, and the value of them as a political tool is actually *depreciated* by their apparent use. The value of removing them as a political tool increases greatly by their apparent use. "Benevolent old Bashir, he doesn't want to gas us so much he let the Russians take all of his gas supplies!"

3. Most importantly, and REALLY THE OBVIOUS ONE, Assad feels he's about to decisively win this war, OR, more likely has been provided the means and assurances to do so via back channels by the US. Let me emphasize again that this is almost certainly what's actually happening. The US has almost certainly brokered a conclusion to the primary military phase of the Syrian civil war that will result in Assad maintaining power (which is the outcome everyone in the international community wants regardless of "self determination" lip service) in exchange for a PR win for the current administration. I'd expect hostilities to be resolved by Spring '14.

This is how it works, you see. Everything you think you "understand" about how geopolitics work on a macro scale is wrong. Human life is cheap and essentially meaningless, ideological underpinnings don't matter, the US will smile and nod if a friendly regime slaughters it's citizens or cuts their hands off or kills women for reporting rape, etc. Regional stability where a nation state has significant economic interests is paramount. It's not a "conspiracy theory" to note this, it's just observation of the historical record. Now, of course, shit happens. Assad might get killed. The rebels might get lucky. Realpolitik fails all the time, just far less than ideologies do. In the short term, anyway. In the long term the powerful generally get what they want or decide they don't want it anymore.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#251 Sep 11 2013 at 7:28 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,511 posts
gbaji wrote:
I would not have criticized the action if he'd done it that way.
Have you managed to convince yourself that's how you would react? I mean, the facts don't agree with you and that's certainly never gotten in your way. Just consider it mild curiosity if you're starting to believe your own lies.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 36 All times are in CST
Almalieque, Kavekkk, Omegavegeta, Poldaran, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (31)