Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

The Up and Down (left or right?) of Morality.Follow

#52 Aug 21 2013 at 8:26 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,666 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

But still you go on to equate abortions with morality. My point was that if we (society) have decided abortions are an ok method of dealing with an unwanted pregnancy, why would we continue to propagate a belief that they're immoral?


Society hasn't decided abortions are "an ok method of dealing with an unwanted pregnancy". That's a ludicrous statement. Society has decided it shouldn't be illegal, that's a massive difference. Society doesn't think drinking to unconsciousness alone in one's home is "an ok way of dealing with being sad" either, in case we're going to extrapolate other perfectly legal actions into social norms because...magic?

No, I think more of society has decided it's an ok method to deal with unwanted pregnancies than hasn't. Which is why millions of abortions happen - legally, every year.

We don't encourage drinking to unconsciousness alone because of morality, we discourage it because it's highly likely that the consequences of such on going behavior will become detrimental to an individual, a family, a community etc.

Abortions not so much. In fact I dont' know a single abortionaholic who's life has spun out of control because of abortion abuse.





Edited, Aug 21st 2013 4:27pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#53 Aug 21 2013 at 1:50 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Elinda wrote:
You could simply state that in an ideal environment people wouldn't be having sex. Then the unwanted pregnancy issue is moot.

But still you go on to equate abortions with morality. My point was that if we (society) have decided abortions are an ok method of dealing with an unwanted pregnancy, why would we continue to propagate a belief that they're immoral?


I'm not equating abortions with morality. You're simply putting words in my mouth for the sake of an argument. In an ideal world, people wouldn't sue each other. That doesn't make suing someone immoral. Furthermore, simply having **** isn't the issue. Many people have **** and don't have abortions, unwanted pregnancies and/or both. That's very immature to argue "no sex" as opposed to "smart sex", to avoid abortion topics, especially if you support **** ed.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#54 Aug 21 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Quote:
Abortions not so much. In fact I dont' know a single abortionaholic who's life has spun out of control because of abortion abuse.


I will assume that you haven't seen this..

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/251915/bad-irene
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#55 Aug 22 2013 at 11:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Quote:
In fact I dont' know a single abortionaholic who's life has spun out of control because of abortion abuse.


Does your mind intersect with reality at any point?

Abortionaholic Smiley: lol
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#56 Aug 23 2013 at 7:11 AM Rating: Decent
******
43,382 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Does your mind intersect with reality at any point?
Consider who is being responded to.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#57 Aug 23 2013 at 8:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,947 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Quote:
In fact I dont' know a single abortionaholic who's life has spun out of control because of abortion abuse.


Does your mind intersect with reality at any point?

Abortionaholic Smiley: lol
I'm sure there's someone out there with a fetish for abortions.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#58 Aug 23 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,577 posts
Elinda wrote:
Are the bounds of morality different for democrats and republicans?

What are your moral highs and moral lows?
I do my best to dislike both sides equally, it doesn't always happen, but they do give me lots of reasons. Practical solutions and compromise are big things to me, which likely adds to the disillusionment. I'm a geek about efficiency, so lots about government can get under my skin at times. Still I can't subscribe to the notion that it's inherently evil, or whatever the other side says about it. We work best when we come togeather. Ignorance is bad, and democracy works better on a small scale. As much as possible give people the leeway to run their lives as they see fit, even if you disagree with how they're doing it.

Democrats do bad things, Republicans do bad things, people in those other wannabe political parties do bad things. I hear people in general do bad things too, but they don't make the news so much so I can't be sure. Liberal media bias I'd imagine.

Two last thoughts:

1) There's not a principal out there that's worth more than a person.

2) Anyone who's politically savvy enough to get elected isn't the kind of person I'd want to vote for.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#59 Aug 23 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,577 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
Quote:
In fact I dont' know a single abortionaholic who's life has spun out of control because of abortion abuse.


Does your mind intersect with reality at any point?

Abortionaholic Smiley: lol
I'm sure there's someone out there with a fetish for abortions.
Should check your kink site, bet they'd know. Smiley: wink
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#60 Aug 23 2013 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
Quote:
In fact I dont' know a single abortionaholic who's life has spun out of control because of abortion abuse.


Does your mind intersect with reality at any point?

Abortionaholic Smiley: lol
I'm sure there's someone out there with a fetish for abortions.


I never met a person, pro life or pro choice, who thought the act of getting an abortion was a good thing.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#61 Aug 23 2013 at 4:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
The percentage of total people living that you have met, what do you think that number is? High? Low? Microscopic? Macro-Organic?

And have you asked all of the people that you have met whether they thought the act of getting an abortion was a good thing? Did you have them take a lie detector test, to be sure you were getting the truth, if you did ask them? How many people that you have met have just shared the information that the act of getting an abortion was a bad thing?

EDIT: GRAMMER

Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 3:34pm by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#62 Aug 23 2013 at 5:50 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
The percentage of total people living that you have met, what do you think that number is? High? Low? Microscopic? Macro-Organic?

And have you asked all of the people that you have met whether they thought the act of getting an abortion was a good thing? Did you have them take a lie detector test, to be sure you were getting the truth, if you did ask them? How many people that you have met have just shared the information that the act of getting an abortion was a bad thing?

EDIT: GRAMMER

Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 3:34pm by stupidmonkey


I asked approximately 200 million US citizens. Each person was connected to a lie detector test. All responses not from the lie detector was discarded. Responses varied in support or against abortion, but not one single citizen responded that the act of abortion was a good thing to do.


I apologize if you thought that my personal experiences were representative of all of society.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#63 Aug 23 2013 at 6:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
You should apologize for presenting your experience as relevant! Smiley: lol

Because, science!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#64 Aug 23 2013 at 6:54 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Stupid wrote:
You should apologize for presenting your experience as relevant! Smiley: lol

Because, science!


What part of my statement came off as scientific? You should apologize for the inability to differentiate experience from science. Else, you wouldn't have expected scientific relevancy, because, no amount of experience can replace science.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#65 Aug 23 2013 at 7:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
No part of your post came off as scientific but the fact you posted it made it seem as if you thought it relevant
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#66 Aug 23 2013 at 7:10 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
stupid wrote:
No part of your post came off as scientific but the fact you posted it made it seem as if you thought it relevant


Almalieque wrote:
You should apologize for the inability to differentiate experience from science. Else, you wouldn't have expected scientific relevancy, because, no amount of experience can replace science.


I'm not quite sure what part of that you didn't understand. No amount of common personal experience has any relevance in proving anything at a national level. See, this is a DISCUSSION board..We DISCUSS things. The intent wasn't to PROVE anything true or false with my statement, but DISCUSS my experience in comparison with others. The expected responses are "I've met some people who thought abortion was cool" or "I haven't met anyone either has thought abortion was cool". After doing so, people DISCUSS their personal experiences on a DISCUSSION board.

Your inability to understand this basic concept is at no fault of mine.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#67 Aug 23 2013 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
Monkey, just walk away.

Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 10:11pm by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#68 Aug 23 2013 at 7:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
You still haven't answered the question about what you think that what you said struck me as scientific and where I claimed it was scientific? You are avoiding the question like always.

please refer to post 46!

why can't you just admit that your logic was flawed? I will be waiting here with a gotcha question when you finally admit you are wrong.

/almalieque
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#69 Aug 23 2013 at 7:42 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Stupid wrote:
You still haven't answered the question about what you think that what you said struck me as scientific and where I claimed it was scientific? You are avoiding the question like always.


Quote the original question.

Stupid wrote:
please refer to post 46!


and?

Stupid wrote:
why can't you just admit that your logic was flawed? I will be waiting here with a gotcha question when you finally admit you are wrong.


Expound on the logic in which you think is flawed and I'll give you a response.

Stupid wrote:
/almalieque


You can never be me...
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#70 Aug 23 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
Stupidalmaliemonkey wrote:
Maybe so, I tried to have a generic response just to +1. Because of my time zone, I can't respond as much, so I'm quick to respond to "3rd party" responses. I've been doing that the past couple of weeks. It works, because I address Gbaji's distractions, without having to discuss them.

Thanks anyway!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#71 Aug 23 2013 at 7:58 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Stupidalmaliemonkey wrote:
Maybe so, I tried to have a generic response just to +1. Because of my time zone, I can't respond as much, so I'm quick to respond to "3rd party" responses. I've been doing that the past couple of weeks. It works, because I address Gbaji's distractions, without having to discuss them.

Thanks anyway!


Soooo.. you never asked the question nor can't refute my statement..

Stupid wrote:
I will be waiting here with a gotcha question when you finally admit you are wrong.


I guess you were right about something...Smiley: lol
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#72 Aug 23 2013 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Stupidalmaliemonkey wrote:
Maybe so, I tried to have a generic response just to +1. Because of my time zone, I can't respond as much, so I'm quick to respond to "3rd party" responses. I've been doing that the past couple of weeks. It works, because I address Gbaji's distractions, without having to discuss them.

Thanks anyway!


Soooo.. you never asked the question nor can't refute my statement..


That is a quote from you, in a PM to me.

ETA: Double negative,
almalieque wrote:
nor can't


Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 7:25pm by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#73 Aug 23 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
stupid wrote:

That is a quote from you, in a PM to me.

Almalieque wrote:

Soooo.. you never asked the question nor can't refute my statement


Correcting someone's grammar in an online debate..... the first sign of defeat..

P.S. There's a reason why things are sent in PM.. You obviously fail to comprehend that basic concept as well.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#74 Aug 23 2013 at 10:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
Well, you have killed the joke so terribly, I will just walk away.

/sigh
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#75 Aug 23 2013 at 10:34 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Well, you have killed the joke so terribly, I will just walk away.

/sigh


You did that all on your own..
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#76 Aug 23 2013 at 10:55 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,882 posts
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#77 Aug 24 2013 at 3:16 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,947 posts
Debalic wrote:
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
Alma just really, really likes the gays.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#78 Aug 24 2013 at 4:21 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
Alma just really, really likes the gays.


Do you have a problem with treating homosexuals like people?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#79 Aug 26 2013 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,262 posts
Almalieque wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
Alma just really, really likes the gays.


Do you have a problem with treating homosexuals like people?


Have you ever heard of a joke, sir?
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#80 Aug 26 2013 at 10:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
Alma just really, really likes the gays.


Do you have a problem with treating homosexuals like people?


Have you ever heard of a joke, sir?


One hit him in the face, and he missed it. Twice.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#81 Aug 27 2013 at 2:14 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,939 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
Alma just really, really likes the gays.


Do you have a problem with treating homosexuals like people?


Have you ever heard of a joke, sir?


I ask the same question.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#82 Aug 27 2013 at 7:23 AM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
One hit him in the face, and he missed it. Twice.
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#83 Sep 11 2013 at 7:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
So Weiner was crushed in the NY mayoral primary and Spitzer lost his bid for city comptroller. Not that their results were an intelligent argument for/against Democratic "morality" anyway but Gbaji couldn't have shot himself in the foot much worse for harping on at length about how their spots on the ballot "proved" how much those dirty liberals had no ethics.

Meanwhile Sanford remains safely in the House of Reps but that's okay because when he abandoned his family (on Father's Day!), job and state leadership to fuck some Argentinan mistress, he was in luuuurrrvvveeee.... Smiley: grin
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#84 Sep 11 2013 at 7:36 AM Rating: Excellent
People make mistakes Joph. Unless they're democrats, and then the mistakes aren't really mistakes, but a plan to turn everyone in America gay.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#85 Sep 11 2013 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
The best part was when Giuliani complained about the politicizing of 9/11 during this election.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#86 Sep 11 2013 at 7:44 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,615 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
People make mistakes Joph. Unless they're democrats, and then the mistakes aren't really mistakes, but a plan to turn everyone in America gay.


And unless they're Republican, then the mistakes are models of moral living.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#87 Sep 11 2013 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,666 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Driftwood wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Goddam it, stop gaying up the threads.
Alma just really, really likes the gays.


Do you have a problem with treating homosexuals like people?


Have you ever heard of a joke, sir?


One hit him in the face, and he missed it. Twice.
That was a trout.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#90 Sep 18 2013 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,691 posts
Is your gumbo thickened with okra?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#91 Sep 18 2013 at 10:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
jimbosgumbo wrote:
And you'll be supporting Hillary in a couple of years....despite her being an evil beeoootch.

I never called her evil. I criticized her 2008 campaign operation (and it deserved to be criticized) but I assume she'll have learned her lessons from it should she run in 2016.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#92 Sep 18 2013 at 11:20 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,234 posts
I never called her evil.

Oh, she's pretty clearly evil. A manipulative sociopath who will hurt people without good reason or any guilt. That shouldn't disqualify her from being president, though. If it did, we'd have much different elections.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#93 Sep 18 2013 at 11:21 AM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
Marksmanship should be part of the criteria, though.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#94 Sep 18 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,524 posts
and Evasion...If I was running for President, I would put all of my merits into that stat
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#95 Sep 18 2013 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,882 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I never called her evil.

Oh, she's pretty clearly evil. A manipulative sociopath who will hurt people without good reason or any guilt. That shouldn't disqualify her from being president, though. If it did, we'd have much different elections.

I thought those were *good* qualities to look for in prospective Presidents?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#96 Sep 19 2013 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
and Evasion...If I was running for President, I would put all of my merits into that stat
Capped evasion has been mandatory since the mid-70s.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 40 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Jophiel, lolgaxe, Samira, Anonymous Guests (36)