Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Well, **** Now what?Follow

#1 Jun 30 2013 at 10:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
As some of you probalby know. my main job Is, for at least the next few days or so, with a government project related to replacing a certain bridge. The legislature in a certain State that I reside in, just decided to kill the project about as dead as it could be. Best case scenario, I end up bumping 2 people below me, and end up in a much lower paying job (which currently belongs to another co worker, who just literally a few weeks ago had their second kid, etc). Worst case scenario, I will not have a main job at all starting about a week from now, give or take. Even wiht the stupidity of the legislature, I never truly thought they would kill a project that already had 1.2 billion worth of federal funding approved and ready to go. But they did. So now, I'm basically **** It's gone from a continuing forward momentum project with ongoing tasks, to complete, dead stop with 40 employees about to be laid off and 120 consultants let go in less than a week. I'll probably be part of the post mortem take down crew responsible for decomissioning the project hardware, and that might buy me another week or two, but basically its all over.

I think i'm going to be sick.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#2 Jun 30 2013 at 11:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Wow, that sucks. You knew that, of course but I don't know what else to say about it. Best of luck.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3 Jun 30 2013 at 11:27 PM Rating: Good
Are they going to continue to reroute traffic or just expect people to ramp the gorge Dukes of Hazard style?


ALSO: What Joph said.Smiley: frown
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
My own extraordinary nature has nothing to do with the validity of what I'm talking about..
#4 Jun 30 2013 at 11:48 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
Well, ****

Good Luck. If we don't hear from you for over a month, I'll organize the 21 wombat salute.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#5 Jul 01 2013 at 1:17 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Even wiht the stupidity of the legislature, I never truly thought they would kill a project that already had 1.2 billion worth of federal funding approved and ready to go. But they did.
Holy crap. I mean, I've seen some monumentally stupid moves, but that one's amazingly so.

Here's wishing you the best of luck with it, though that kinda feels hollow since the best case scenario, beyond them changing their minds, still kinda sucks.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#6 Jul 01 2013 at 2:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Smiley: frown
#7 Jul 01 2013 at 2:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,952 posts
Guess it's time to scramble for something new, hopefully you end up in a better place doing something you'd like to be doing.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#8 Jul 01 2013 at 3:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
Take out the old bridge before the shutdown gets too far along. They'll have to go forward with the project at that point.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#9 Jul 01 2013 at 4:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,180 posts
Remote control heli with a bomb attached should do it.








Also, that sucks Kao.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#10 Jul 01 2013 at 5:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,221 posts
See, it should have been a bridge to nowhere. Those never seem to lose support.

Also, condolences. I'm not worried, though. You'll bounce back.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#11 Jul 01 2013 at 6:08 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,308 posts
Damn. I'm sorry someone's bonehead stupidity and stubbornness has done this.

Was this an interstate bridge or something else?
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#12 Jul 01 2013 at 6:27 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,299 posts
Doesn't seem to make sense. I haven't seen anything about a lunatic Republican yet.

“The main lesson I hope that government bureaucrats have learned from this is, you should listen to everybody from the beginning,” said Washington Sen. Don Benton, R-Vancouver, an opponent who saw light rail as a conspiracy. “

Oh....

Good luck. Maybe next year?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#13 Jul 01 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,446 posts
Smiley: frown
I know that you will find something because you rock and all, but what a totally sucky situation. Hugglez
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the **** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#14 Jul 01 2013 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Samira wrote:
See, it should have been a bridge to nowhere.
Well, it is now.

Welcome to stupid government project management, my condolences you had to be on the other end of it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#15 Jul 01 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As some of you probalby know. my main job Is, for at least the next few days or so, with a government project related to replacing a certain bridge. The legislature in a certain State that I reside in, just decided to kill the project about as dead as it could be. Best case scenario, I end up bumping 2 people below me, and end up in a much lower paying job (which currently belongs to another co worker, who just literally a few weeks ago had their second kid, etc). Worst case scenario, I will not have a main job at all starting about a week from now, give or take. Even wiht the stupidity of the legislature, I never truly thought they would kill a project that already had 1.2 billion worth of federal funding approved and ready to go. But they did. So now, I'm basically @#%^ed. It's gone from a continuing forward momentum project with ongoing tasks, to complete, dead stop with 40 employees about to be laid off and 120 consultants let go in less than a week. I'll probably be part of the post mortem take down crew responsible for decomissioning the project hardware, and that might buy me another week or two, but basically its all over.

I think i'm going to be sick.

Sorry to hear Kao. I hope you and your guys land as softly as possible. Smiley: frown

Story link.

I'm shocked to see it disappear entirely. I knew there was considerable push-back about the potential light rail line, I'd have to say I never thought it would completely derail the project. Those bridges aren't getting any younger, or any wider for that matter. The region is still growing strongly, and we need something to help get across there, that whole stretch of highway is too narrow. What is up with your guys' state government lately anyway? My brother was on the edge of his seat last week waiting to see if he would be able to come into work today as well (thankfully the funding got approved for him Friday I guess).

Anyway, Vancouverites, nothing but tax cheats... Smiley: disappointed

Edited, Jul 1st 2013 8:56am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#16 Jul 01 2013 at 1:51 PM Rating: Good
Can't you just ban them before they get a chance to terminate you?

Seriously though, bummer dude. On to bigger and better things, methinks!
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#17 Jul 01 2013 at 2:33 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,299 posts
On to bigger and better things, methinks!

Let's go with better. Kao can't get any bigger without being required to sign an NBA contract.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#18 Jul 01 2013 at 4:38 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,062 posts
Look on the bright side, you still have that Zam money rolling in. I'm sure it's not much, but it's better than nothing.
#19 Jul 01 2013 at 10:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
Thanks everyone. Got some clarification this morning, so it's a couple months, not just a week before we find out exactly what happens and where everyone goes. I am currently the Server admin for the project that I haven't named but people have made remarkably accurate guesses about, so they'll keep me around for a bit at least to get the heavy servers moved from one facility to a different one, all 20 of the damned things (we ironically just brought in new hardware so we have the new and the old ones still on site) So i might get 3 months out of it before decision. No one really knows whats happening at this point, or where money is coming from. All everyone can agree about is that the project is officially dead.

Friar Bijou wrote:
Are they going to continue to reroute traffic or just expect people to ramp the gorge Dukes of Hazard style?


This is the "other" bridge. The bigger but inherently more siesmically unstable one on that same interstate to the south.

Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Take out the old bridge before the shutdown gets too far along. They'll have to go forward with the project at that point.

Well seeing as "I" at least read the siesmic and structural report, unlike certain senators who should be beaten with an iron stick, that would actually be a scarily feasable project. Just visualize what would happen if you took a 300 foot tall tower designed to hold 50 tons of concrete and piled oh, I dunno, 9 times that much or so, and this tower is basicaly easily hittable by Semi trucks or people with metal cutting sawzalls, and made of soft ductile iron... yeah. Don't tempt me too much heh.

Samira wrote:
See, it should have been a bridge to nowhere. Those never seem to lose support.

Also, condolences. I'm not worried, though. You'll bounce back.

Ironically, that very bridge is next in line for the funding we just surrendered.

PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Can't you just ban them before they get a chance to terminate you?
Seriously though, bummer dude. On to bigger and better things, methinks!

I tried, I couldn't get any of them to post in anything other than the ffxiv forum, and it's scary in there! they have spiders!

Smasharoo wrote:
On to bigger and better things, methinks!

Let's go with better. Kao can't get any bigger without being required to sign an NBA contract.

I do throw a mean half court shot! (first I take the ball, then draw a really angry face on it with permanent marker...)

Turin wrote:
Look on the bright side, you still have that Zam money rolling in. I'm sure it's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Hah. Hahahaha. Bwahahahahahah! oh geez, I peed myself. Thanks, I needed a laugh there.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#20 Jul 02 2013 at 3:07 AM Rating: Good
Wait, is this the I-5 Skagit River Bridge?
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
My own extraordinary nature has nothing to do with the validity of what I'm talking about..
#21 Jul 02 2013 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
Bummer Kao.

Then again, door closing others opening...yada yada...

Imagine the possibilities !Smiley: smile
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#22 Jul 02 2013 at 7:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
Convert all your assets to Batcoins and move to Gotham.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#23 Jul 02 2013 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Got some clarification this morning, so it's a couple months, not just a week before we find out exactly what happens and where everyone goes.
Sounds like they're really twisting that shaft on you. At least you've still got something resembling a paycheck.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#24 Jul 02 2013 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,180 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Thanks everyone. Got some clarification this morning, so it's a couple months, not just a week before we find out exactly what happens and where everyone goes.
A few months to find something different is a whole lot better than a few days. I don't know how the IT job market is doing where you are but I hope there's as much of a shortage of capable people as there is here.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#25 Jul 02 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Wait, is this the I-5 Skagit River Bridge?
No no, that one they've actually made progress on (they have something temporary in place last I heard). If nothing else it's nice to know once the bridges do collapse into the river they can cobble together a replacement in a timely manner. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#26 Jul 02 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,180 posts
Yeah right. Once the old bridges collapse they'll scramble for the old replacement plans and start working with half the plans missing, leading to years and years of delays and temporary fixes.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#27 Jul 02 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I don't know how the IT job market is doing where you are but I hope there's as much of a shortage of capable people as there is here.
Capable people are expensive.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#28 Jul 02 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,180 posts
Not having capable people is more expensive though.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#29 Jul 02 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it? Smiley: lol

Ahh, and they did "fix" the Skagit river one it looks like. Pretty picture. Unfortunately if the one Kao was working to replace fell into the river we almost certainly wouldn't get out of it with as few problems as the Skagit bridge. The Skagit river is small, and only a few feet deep. No one needs to drown there. The Columbia river though, well the barges that navigate the river are pretty big.

____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#30 Jul 02 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Yeah right. Once the old bridges collapse they'll scramble for the old replacement plans and start working with half the plans missing, leading to years and years of delays and temporary fixes.

Eh, eventually enough cars will fall in so as to fill the gap.

Small government solutions!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#31 Jul 02 2013 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,180 posts
Jophiel wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Yeah right. Once the old bridges collapse they'll scramble for the old replacement plans and start working with half the plans missing, leading to years and years of delays and temporary fixes.

Eh, eventually enough cars will fall in so as to fill the gap.

Small government solutions!
But then the boats won't be able to pass through anymore and money will be lost there.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#32 Jul 02 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
The dam of cars will allow the river to swell up and boats will be able to pass over the bridge.

Solutions!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#33 Jul 02 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
The creation of beach front properties will also help the housing market.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#34 Jul 02 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
Jophiel wrote:
The dam of cars will allow the river to swell up and boats will be able to pass over the bridge.

Solutions!


And if the water level gets too high they can just roll down the car windows.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#35 Jul 02 2013 at 9:58 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
Ban rivers!
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#36 Jul 02 2013 at 10:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Mute rivers!
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#37 Jul 02 2013 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
No-rate rivers!
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#38 Jul 02 2013 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Fill up rivers!
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#39 Jul 02 2013 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,180 posts
This thread sure went downhill...
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#40 Jul 02 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
This thread sure went downriver ...
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#41 Jul 02 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
This thread sure went downhill...


Ban water flow!
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#42 Jul 02 2013 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,237 posts
WATER4LYFE
____________________________
Banh
#43 Jul 02 2013 at 10:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
This thread sure went downhill...


Ban water flow!
Mute wa... wait.

We did this already ya?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#44 Jul 02 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
Wait, is this the I-5 Skagit River Bridge?
No no, that one they've actually made progress on (they have something temporary in place last I heard). If nothing else it's nice to know once the bridges do collapse into the river they can cobble together a replacement in a timely manner. Smiley: rolleyes


someproteinguy wrote:
If it ain't broke don't fix it? Smiley: lol

Ahh, and they did "fix" the Skagit river one it looks like. Pretty picture. Unfortunately if the one Kao was working to replace fell into the river we almost certainly wouldn't get out of it with as few problems as the Skagit bridge. The Skagit river is small, and only a few feet deep. No one needs to drown there. The Columbia river though, well the barges that navigate the river are pretty big.


The temporary span is done for Skagit, they're starting building the permanent replacement shortly. I can't divulge much on that particular bridge besides what's publically known aside to say that some bridge inspector was epicly fired, and you will be hearing more about that one in the news soon. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that.

The Columbia River I-5 bridge between Oregon and Washington on the other hand,is definitly not in ideal shape. The two spans were completed 50 years apart, one in the early 1900's and one in 1965. The older one, to the east is sitting on timber pilings. These pilings do not go down to bed rock. They are 100 years old, in soft, wet acidic soil. They were installed before we really knew what Creosote was. The soil type is known to be prone to liquifaction during earthquakes, and the bridge is about oh, half a mile give or take from a major, major fault line that is overdue for a major earthquake, and is the one that dropped the entire washington and oregon coastline 6 feet back in the 1700's. To further make things fun, the bridge counterweights at the top of the towers were quadrupled in weight in the 1980's. To make matters even more fun, the entire bridge is a rusty mass of acidic bird poop, most of the access ladders and causways have rusted away to unusability.

So we have a narrow, extremely top heavy old frail bridge that will fall over in any large earthquake. We can't even reinforce the bridge piers because it would narrow the shipping channel and the coast guard vetoed that. The bridge has already been hit by at least 30 barges over the years. So yeah. I do not envy whoever is on that thing when the earthquake happens...
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#45 Jul 03 2013 at 12:46 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,922 posts
Kao, come to New York, help work on the replacement for the Tappan Zee Bridge...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#46 Jul 03 2013 at 3:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
The temporary span is done for Skagit, they're starting building the permanent replacement shortly. I can't divulge much on that particular bridge besides what's publically known aside to say that some bridge inspector was epicly fired, and you will be hearing more about that one in the news soon. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that.
When that shows up on the news, will you provide a link? It sounds like it could be entertaining but I'll probably forget about it by then.


Edited, Jul 3rd 2013 3:50am by Poldaran
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#47 Jul 03 2013 at 6:07 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
Debalic wrote:
Kao, come to New York, help work on the replacement for the Tappan Zee Bridge...

That sounds like a nightmare for the whole eastern seaboard.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#49 Jul 03 2013 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
bluffrat75 wrote:


Rainbow stew.
Mixing politics and country music is never a good idea.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#50 Jul 03 2013 at 6:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Is that what that is? I assumed it was a **** thing.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#51 Jul 03 2013 at 6:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
Elinda wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Kao, come to New York, help work on the replacement for the Tappan Zee Bridge...

That sounds like a nightmare for the whole eastern seaboard.


Screenshot
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CDT
Debalic, Iamadam, Samira, Anonymous Guests (59)