Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

We should start an =4 guildFollow

#52 May 04 2013 at 8:30 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
DSD wrote:
NephthysWanderer wrote:


Minecraft & Terraria - My son is a Minecraft junky. Makes me proud


Mine is too. We should really focus on getting a second generation guild going haha.


I've been bored for awhile with the current games. I've been game hopping for the past year and just can't find anything that catches my attention long enough. I'm waiting for EQ Next to come out. Hopefully it will be decent

Is Minecraft really so big? I'm thinking I may eventually break down and pay for an account for Thom.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#53 May 04 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,284 posts
Debalic wrote:
DSD wrote:
NephthysWanderer wrote:


Minecraft & Terraria - My son is a Minecraft junky. Makes me proud


Mine is too. We should really focus on getting a second generation guild going haha.


I've been bored for awhile with the current games. I've been game hopping for the past year and just can't find anything that catches my attention long enough. I'm waiting for EQ Next to come out. Hopefully it will be decent

Is Minecraft really so big? I'm thinking I may eventually break down and pay for an account for Thom.

My son has Minecraft for the PC and the Xbox (yes, they're different animals). He's playing it right now. It's almost ALL he plays. And he occasionally begs for MS points to buy something stupid in the game.
#54 May 04 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,208 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Debalic wrote:
DSD wrote:
NephthysWanderer wrote:


Minecraft & Terraria - My son is a Minecraft junky. Makes me proud


Mine is too. We should really focus on getting a second generation guild going haha.


I've been bored for awhile with the current games. I've been game hopping for the past year and just can't find anything that catches my attention long enough. I'm waiting for EQ Next to come out. Hopefully it will be decent

Is Minecraft really so big? I'm thinking I may eventually break down and pay for an account for Thom.

My son has Minecraft for the PC and the Xbox (yes, they're different animals). He's playing it right now. It's almost ALL he plays. And he occasionally begs for MS points to buy something stupid in the game.


And that's where you tell the freeloader to get a job, right?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#55 May 04 2013 at 6:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,219 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Debalic wrote:
DSD wrote:
NephthysWanderer wrote:


Minecraft & Terraria - My son is a Minecraft junky. Makes me proud


Mine is too. We should really focus on getting a second generation guild going haha.


I've been bored for awhile with the current games. I've been game hopping for the past year and just can't find anything that catches my attention long enough. I'm waiting for EQ Next to come out. Hopefully it will be decent

Is Minecraft really so big? I'm thinking I may eventually break down and pay for an account for Thom.

My son has Minecraft for the PC and the Xbox (yes, they're different animals). He's playing it right now. It's almost ALL he plays. And he occasionally begs for MS points to buy something stupid in the game.
Perfect. Employ him to farm credits for you in TOR, and pay him in MS points.
____________________________
Banh
#56 May 04 2013 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
***
2,172 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Perfect. Employ him to farm credits for you in TOR, and pay him in MS points.


This
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#57 May 05 2013 at 5:53 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,257 posts
Is Minecraft really so big?

Yes. Hannah is playing the latest dev snapshot right at this moment. It has horses! She's very excited.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#58 May 05 2013 at 8:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,610 posts
Debalic wrote:

Is Minecraft really so big? I'm thinking I may eventually break down and pay for an account for Thom.


Its that big.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
Rust Server Info
#59 May 06 2013 at 6:48 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,692 posts
A 3-D printer should be able to print out real Minecraft blocks. Someone should start building an actual Minecraft planet out in our near-by space somewhere.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#60 May 06 2013 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
******
43,469 posts
Elinda wrote:
A 3-D printer should be able to print out real Minecraft blocks.
There's already plenty of real life Creepers.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#61 May 06 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
It has horses!

Sales just doubled.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#62 May 06 2013 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Debalic wrote:
DSD wrote:
NephthysWanderer wrote:


Minecraft & Terraria - My son is a Minecraft junky. Makes me proud


Mine is too. We should really focus on getting a second generation guild going haha.


I've been bored for awhile with the current games. I've been game hopping for the past year and just can't find anything that catches my attention long enough. I'm waiting for EQ Next to come out. Hopefully it will be decent

Is Minecraft really so big? I'm thinking I may eventually break down and pay for an account for Thom.


You may regret it as it will likely become all he talks about. My kid plays no more than an hour a day and you'd think that was all he ever did with himself...
#63 May 06 2013 at 10:13 AM Rating: Decent
*****
10,754 posts
We had to ban my son from talking about Minecraft or Terraria until after 6:30pm, it's all he would talk about otherwise.

At first I thought we had some issues to deal with but after speaking with other parents it seems like it is pretty normal.

The day the xbox patch brought the enderdragon (sp?) was better than Christmas for him.

On a related note I picked up a GTX660 for $170 and I'm running Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon on Ultra without any issues, hilarious game. Highly recommended for $15.
____________________________
I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty-cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty-cat. And then, on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your home, and PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.

#64 May 06 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I need to finish FC3:BD. I started it and then got back into BL2.

I honestly think the deciding factor is that FC3:BD is just damned hard on my eyes to look at for extended periods with that color scheme.

It doesn't get any better re: Kid chatter. Mine is 14 and still won't shut up about what he did in Terraria (and is restricted to 2 hrs a day game time) Smiley: laugh

Edited, May 6th 2013 11:18am by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#65 May 06 2013 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,692 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I need to finish FC3:BD. I started it and then got back into BL2.

I honestly think the deciding factor is that FC3:BD is just damned hard on my eyes to look at for extended periods with that color scheme.

It doesn't get any better re: Kid chatter. Mine is 14 and still won't shut up about what he did in Terraria (and is restricted to 2 hrs a day game time) Smiley: laugh

Edited, May 6th 2013 11:18am by Jophiel
Wow. I let my kid start EQ at 14. I'm not yet sure if that was the biggest mistake of my life or not.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#66 May 06 2013 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
******
43,469 posts
NephthysWanderer wrote:
At first I thought we had some issues to deal with but after speaking with other parents it seems like it is pretty normal.
Sounds like Pokemon.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#67 May 06 2013 at 10:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
Daddy what are you doing? Are you going to play your game? Can I play the green one? she wanted green hair for her character Look it's a tree monster, I'm going to catch it. Do you think it has coins? It has coins! Let see how much I have now. Look daddy I have 2 gold coins and 47 silver coins. Look there's a rock! Can I get it? I'm going to do it myself! Now I have 22 rocks.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#68 May 06 2013 at 10:40 AM Rating: Good
******
43,469 posts
I'd like to say I've avoided experiencing that behavior, but mine is pretty constantly talking about ponies. Then again, it's totally my fault and I enjoy it enough to not be bothered so no biggie.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#69 May 06 2013 at 10:45 AM Rating: Good
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,446 posts
NephthysWanderer wrote:
We had to ban my son from talking about Minecraft or Terraria until after 6:30pm, it's all he would talk about otherwise.

At first I thought we had some issues to deal with but after speaking with other parents it seems like it is pretty normal.


totally normal. Xavier is into Minecraft, Roblox, and Terraria. We just bought him a fedora that looks like one he has from Roblox, and he wont stop wearing it around the house.
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the **** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#70 May 06 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Decent
*****
10,754 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Daddy what are you doing? Are you going to play your game? Can I play the green one? she wanted green hair for her character Look it's a tree monster, I'm going to catch it. Do you think it has coins? It has coins! Let see how much I have now. Look daddy I have 2 gold coins and 47 silver coins. Look there's a rock! Can I get it? I'm going to do it myself! Now I have 22 rocks.


This. All day long...
____________________________
I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty-cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty-cat. And then, on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your home, and PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.

#71 May 06 2013 at 11:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,219 posts
Whenever my boss's kid comes in with her, he talks my ear off about Minecraft. He's 12, and is constantly talking about this mod or that mod and redstone contraptions and whatnot. All I really have ever done is build a shelter, survive the first night, and then explore a bit, mine until I have a diamond sword and armor, get bored, and not play for another couple of months. Start a new world, and repeat the cycle.

I don't know what I was playing when I was 10-12. Maybe Chrono Trigger on SNES? Command & Conquer and then Age of Empires on PC. I remember wasting hours on C&C or AoE 'til my dad would make me go outside and play so he could use the PC, that's about it. Oh, and The Learning Company games, too. Operation Neptune and Ancient Empires. Maybe The Incredible Machine was the game I talked about the most, since it involved a lot of creative thinking and problem solving.

Edited, May 6th 2013 1:02pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#72 May 06 2013 at 11:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I don't know what I was playing when I was 10-12.

Simcity and Civilization. Smiley: nod
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#73 May 06 2013 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
******
43,469 posts
A couple of the people I work with have kids and they come in and talk about their individual trendy things. I've found the best counter is to shift the conversation to something they might have interest in that you know more about, and then turn the tables and start talking incessantly about it. I've found that super hero movies works best for me.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#74 May 06 2013 at 11:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
A couple of the people I work with have kids and they come in and talk about their individual trendy things. I've found the best counter is to shift the conversation to something they might have interest in that you know more about, and then turn the tables and start talking incessantly about it. I've found that super hero movies works best for me.


Conversations aren't contests!
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#75 May 06 2013 at 2:36 PM Rating: Good
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I don't know what I was playing when I was 10-12.

Simcity and Civilization. Smiley: nod
Mille Bornes and Monopoly. Smiley: frown
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
My own extraordinary nature has nothing to do with the validity of what I'm talking about..
#76 May 06 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Daddy what are you doing? Are you going to play your game? Can I play the green one? she wanted green hair for her character Look it's a tree monster, I'm going to catch it. Do you think it has coins? It has coins! Let see how much I have now. Look daddy I have 2 gold coins and 47 silver coins. Look there's a rock! Can I get it? I'm going to do it myself! Now I have 22 rocks.

This is pretty much how Thom talks about Roblox, except every other sentence, add "I want to play Minecraft! I'm gonna download Minecraft! Can we pay for Minecraft now?" He keeps downloading the installer, but still doesn't understand that it won't work until we pay for the account.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#77 May 06 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,692 posts
Debalic wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Daddy what are you doing? Are you going to play your game? Can I play the green one? she wanted green hair for her character Look it's a tree monster, I'm going to catch it. Do you think it has coins? It has coins! Let see how much I have now. Look daddy I have 2 gold coins and 47 silver coins. Look there's a rock! Can I get it? I'm going to do it myself! Now I have 22 rocks.

This is pretty much how Thom talks about Roblox, except every other sentence, add "I want to play Minecraft! I'm gonna download Minecraft! Can we pay for Minecraft now?" He keeps downloading the installer, but still doesn't understand that it won't work until we pay for the account.

Get the kid Minecraft already.

My son got some hooked on it a couple years ago. Thank god his gf kicked him in the ass.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#78 May 06 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
*****
10,754 posts
Elinda the Adventurer Enthusiast wrote:
Debalic wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Daddy what are you doing? Are you going to play your game? Can I play the green one? she wanted green hair for her character Look it's a tree monster, I'm going to catch it. Do you think it has coins? It has coins! Let see how much I have now. Look daddy I have 2 gold coins and 47 silver coins. Look there's a rock! Can I get it? I'm going to do it myself! Now I have 22 rocks.

This is pretty much how Thom talks about Roblox, except every other sentence, add "I want to play Minecraft! I'm gonna download Minecraft! Can we pay for Minecraft now?" He keeps downloading the installer, but still doesn't understand that it won't work until we pay for the account.

Get the kid Minecraft already.

My son got some hooked on it a couple years ago. Thank god his gf kicked him in the ass.



Download the trial on 360, he can play for a long time without ever knowing the difference. Terraria trial too.
Somehow I own Terraria on pc & 360 and Minecraft on pc, 360, and ipad. I'm a sucker.
____________________________
I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty-cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty-cat. And then, on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your home, and PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.

#79 May 06 2013 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
We don't have an XBox. He has his own laptop. I'm just gonna get him Minecraft as a gift, for Christmas or something.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 31 All times are in CDT
Elinda, LordMagius, Samira, Shojindo, Anonymous Guests (27)