Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Oh you don't say.Follow

#1 Apr 28 2013 at 9:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/millions-cia-ghost-money-paid-afghan-presidents-office-020006835.html

Quote:
Tens of millions of U.S. dollars in cash were delivered by the CIA in suitcases, backpacks and plastic shopping bags to the office of Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai for more than a decade, according to the New York Times, citing current and former advisers to the Afghan leader.
The so-called "ghost money" was meant to buy influence for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) but instead fuelled corruption and empowered warlords, undermining Washington's exit strategy from Afghanistan, the newspaper quoted U.S. officials as saying.


Quote:
Much of the money went to warlords and politicians, many with ties to the drug trade and in some cases the Taliban, the New York Times said. U.S. and Afghan officials were quoted as saying the CIA supported the same patronage networks that U.S. diplomats and law enforcement agents struggled to dismantle, leaving the government in the grip of organized crime.



Hypocrisy at its finest.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#2 Apr 28 2013 at 9:46 PM Rating: Good
******
43,397 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Hypocrisy at its finest.
So what's Canada doing about it?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Apr 28 2013 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,168 posts
Honestly Im not surprised. I always took stuff like this as unspoken knowledge, maybe not the exact details, but that certain branches of the government give money to "shady" people for their own gains, without thinking of the consequences.

____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#4 Apr 28 2013 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,884 posts
Huh. CIA covertly funding unsavory elements in an occupied country during wartime? Why does this sound familiar? It's like I just watched a Mel Gibson movie that references this from another Mel Gibson movie...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#5 Apr 28 2013 at 10:44 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
rdmcandie wrote:
Hypocrisy at its finest.

I don't think you know what that word means.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#6 Apr 28 2013 at 10:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
485 posts
Quote:
The so-called "ghost money" was meant to buy influence for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) but instead fuelled corruption and empowered warlords, undermining Washington's exit strategy from Afghanistan, the newspaper quoted U.S. officials as saying.
Why not both?

Edited, Apr 29th 2013 12:46am by Rachel9
____________________________
#7 Apr 29 2013 at 3:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Hypocrisy at its finest.
So what's Canada doing about it?
Trying to build an oil pipeline to the US.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#8 Apr 29 2013 at 5:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,181 posts
Not to the U.S. - through the U.S.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#9 Apr 29 2013 at 6:06 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,666 posts
Was ghost money laced with ricin or perhaps it's WMD disguised as ethereal paper currency?

I'm just not sure what the point the OP is trying to make. Smiley: confused
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#10 Apr 29 2013 at 6:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
Yea ok, like any of that oil is going to make it back out of the US once it gets in....
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#11 Apr 29 2013 at 6:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
Elinda wrote:
I'm just not sure what the point the OP is trying to make. Smiley: confused
Get high and reread the post. It's your best chance of figuring it out.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#12 Apr 29 2013 at 6:10 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,174 posts
Elinda wrote:
Was ghost money laced with ricin or perhaps it's WMD disguised as ethereal paper currency?

I'm just not sure what the point the OP is trying to make. Smiley: confused


The CIA were trying to copycat the scene from "The World is Not Enough", where a Business Tycoon was assassinated with explosive laced money. They figure it's the best way to take out multiple potential threats at one time.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#13 Apr 29 2013 at 6:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Yea ok, like any of that oil is going to make it back out of the US once it gets in....

Hey now, I'm sure some parts of the pipeline won't leak or fail.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#14 Apr 29 2013 at 7:44 AM Rating: Good
******
43,397 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Yea ok, like any of that oil is going to make it back out of the US once it gets in....
Hey now, I'm sure some parts of the pipeline won't leak or fail.
Are you trying to insinuate that Mexican labor is subpar?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#15 Apr 29 2013 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,913 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Yea ok, like any of that oil is going to make it back out of the US once it gets in....
Hey now, I'm sure some parts of the pipeline won't leak or fail.
Are you trying to insinuate that Mexican labor is subpar?


Nah, it's The STEM investiture oversight problems that are putting out engi's that can't build piping systems that factor in internal pressures.

Thanks Obama.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CDT
Belkira, Debalic, Demea, Anonymous Guests (53)