Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The Superhuman Registration ActFollow

#1 Apr 15 2013 at 2:36 PM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
To contrast the seriousness of the other event, it appears that costumed menaces in the New York City area have been misbehaving more than usual, and a bill is being proposed to require them to register. As someone who not only lives in the area, but runs into these guys on a regular basis, I have to say these guys tend to stink. I mean their costumes are so rank that it just seem to go months without washing, and if some of them perceive you to be a tourist they'll do everything in their power to get you to take pictures with them and then charge you. And that's not even counting the ones that try to do the whole Freedom of Speech thing, like the anti-Semitic Elmo that has been on the news.

This is what my city is wanting to do with them. @#%^in' straight out of comics. Have them register and carry papers proving they've been licensed to cavort around. I'm expecting a huge war between those who believe they shouldn't have to register and those that say they should. Freedom of Speech versus Copyright Infringement most likely. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the chaos and hope to not get Unibeamed.

Screenshot

Pic related.


Edited, Apr 15th 2013 4:39pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2 Apr 15 2013 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Funny aside, isn't it already illegal to shove a child, or to grope someone? I'm not seeing how costumed characters have any bearing on that. Cracking down on folks using recognizable and trademarked characters to make money for themselves and using this as an excuse to do so makes a lot more sense.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#3 Apr 15 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
You know, I never did read any of the Civil War comics.
____________________________
Banh
#4 Apr 15 2013 at 2:59 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
and if some of them perceive you to be a tourist they'll do everything in their power to get you to take pictures with them and then charge you.
So basically they're a more pushy version of those Hindu guys in India with the turbans and the long grey beards.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#5 Apr 15 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,417 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
and if some of them perceive you to be a tourist they'll do everything in their power to get you to take pictures with them and then charge you.
So basically they're a more pushy version of those Hindu guys in India with the turbans and the long grey beards.


Yeah, they're just a bunch of Sikh bastards.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#6 Apr 15 2013 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
I'd vote for banning all Elmo's.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#7 Apr 15 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
and if some of them perceive you to be a tourist they'll do everything in their power to get you to take pictures with them and then charge you.
So basically they're a more pushy version of those Hindu guys in India with the turbans and the long grey beards.


Yeah, they're just a bunch of Sikh bastards.


Oh. That got a chuckle.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#8 Apr 15 2013 at 11:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,904 posts
I thought that the proper response to the influx of pushy mascots and other costumed characters was to arm everyone with baseball bat sized purple ******.
#9 Apr 16 2013 at 12:52 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
gbaji wrote:
Funny aside, isn't it already illegal to shove a child, or to grope someone? .


not if you're the TSA.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#10 Apr 16 2013 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
I thought that the proper response to the influx of pushy mascots and other costumed characters was to arm everyone with baseball bat sized purple ******.
This isn't a joking matter. Penetrators only come in black, not purple.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#11 Apr 16 2013 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,904 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
I thought that the proper response to the influx of pushy mascots and other costumed characters was to arm everyone with baseball bat sized purple ******.
This isn't a joking matter. Penetrators only come in black, not purple.

That's not what this says. Probably NSFW, btw.
#12 Apr 16 2013 at 8:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
With the collapse of THQ, untracked giant ****** have gone missing in satellite offices and may be in the hands and orifices of terrorists.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#13 Apr 16 2013 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
Fiction and reality! Saint's Row is not reality!

I'm not doing a search for giant black ******.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14 Apr 16 2013 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
lolgaxe wrote:


I'm not doing a search for giant black ******.[/sm]
racist
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#15 Apr 18 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,049 posts
I found it odd that these guys weren't already regulated. ****, buskers are supposed to register...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#16 Apr 18 2013 at 3:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Well, buskers are a clear and present danger
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
feelz, Anonymous Guests (29)