Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

We Got Tough On Drugs And Accidentally Banned Cheese.Follow

#1 Mar 30 2013 at 10:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
The Queensland government is getting ban-happy on illicit drugs. But as fast as one drug gets outlawed, new party drugs are cooked up. To get ahead of the illegal labs, the politicians in their wisdom came up with legislation that bans any substance with a similar chemical structure to already banned drugs. Too bad cheese and avocado contain Tyrosine, an amino acid structurally similar enough to Amphetamines under the prepared legislation to merit an insta-ban.
Quote:
One of the changes the Newman government is contemplating in a bill currently before the Queensland Parliament will mean that a substance is considered to be illegal based solely on its chemical structure being similar to drugs that are already banned.

The fundamental difficulty with this change is that just because a drug is similar in structure doesn't means it is similar in effect.

For example a chemical called tyrosine that is contained in cheese and avocadoes is similar in chemical structure to many banned amphetamines.

The changes to the Drugs Misuse Act that are being proposed by the Queensland government would effectively make cheese and avocado focaccias illegal drugs – as much as you might like a focaccia, you don't typically experience extreme euphoria, aggression or psychosis after eating too many.

I can really see Australians giving up their cheese and avocado. Not.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2 Mar 30 2013 at 10:09 AM Rating: Good
******
43,643 posts
Florida made **** illegal like two years ago.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Mar 30 2013 at 10:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
Hang on, chocolate contains phenylalanine which turns into Tyrosine in the body. If chocolate leaves the shelves, this is grounds for state wide RIOTING IN THE STREETS!

Quote:
Florida made **** illegal like two years ago.

Because olde people having **** is icky?

Edited, Mar 30th 2013 12:16pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#4 Mar 30 2013 at 10:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
It's just a cover for a crackdown on illegal immigration. Now they can arrest anyone for drug smuggling on the basis they have tyrosine in their body.

Smiley: tinfoilhat

Edited, Mar 30th 2013 9:39am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#5 Mar 30 2013 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,791 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Hang on, chocolate contains phenylalanine which turns into Tyrosine in the body. If chocolate leaves the shelves, this is grounds for state wide RIOTING IN THE STREETS!


Isn't phenylalanine the stuff that's in artificial sweeteners like Aspartame (warning label about it on the back of diet sodas)? Does chocolate have it, or do artificially sweetened "diet" chocolates have it?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#6 Mar 30 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,299 posts
Diet sodas with aspartame contain it in much greater quantities than what is found in natural(er) substances. Phenylketonurics can't process phenylalanine properly, thus drinking too much diet soda will make them very sick.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#7 Mar 30 2013 at 12:45 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,791 posts
catwho wrote:
Diet sodas with aspartame contain it in much greater quantities than what is found in natural(er) substances. Phenylketonurics can't process phenylalanine properly, thus drinking too much diet soda will make them very sick.


According to this, diet sodas seem to contain relatively small amounts when it compared to natural sources like meat, nuts, and dairy.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/317897-list-of-foods-that-contain-phenylalanine/
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#8 Mar 30 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
First they came for the cigaretts, and I was all like "hey, smoking is annoying, so that's cool"
Then they came for the drugs, and I didn't really care since I don't do drugs.
Then they came for the cheese... and they never bothered anyone again, because we rose up and killed every last #@$%^ing one of them on principle!

Seriously, don't **** with our cheese. We'll cut you!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#9 Mar 30 2013 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,564 posts

Did they ban this kind of cheese?

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#10 Mar 30 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,178 posts
Good cheese is pretty addicting.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#11 Apr 01 2013 at 6:33 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
Cheese in a can could be outlawed world wide...making the earth a better place.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#12 Apr 01 2013 at 6:56 AM Rating: Good
******
43,643 posts
I'm surprised Exo hasn't flown over and attacked already.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Apr 01 2013 at 5:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,220 posts
Do you know he hasn't? Have you seen him lately?
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#14 Apr 02 2013 at 4:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,178 posts
He's probably building an underground cheese smuggling network right now.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#15 Apr 03 2013 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,253 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
First they came for the cigaretts, and I was all like "hey, smoking is annoying, so that's cool"
Then they came for the drugs, and I didn't really care since I don't do drugs.
Then they came for the cheese... and they never bothered anyone again, because we rose up and killed every last #@$%^ing one of them on principle!

Seriously, don't @#%^ with our cheese. We'll cut you!


Amen. Almost left the obligatory bagel socks double post because this bears repeating.

Just got put on some short term anti-biotics that need to be taken with no dairy an hour before and an hour after.... I am being forced to think through the scheduling of these pills very carefully... must not interfere with my morning coffee....
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#16 Apr 03 2013 at 8:18 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,791 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Just got put on some short term anti-biotics that need to be taken with no dairy an hour before and an hour after.... I am being forced to think through the scheduling of these pills very carefully... must not interfere with my morning coffee....


Coffee = Dairy?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#17 Apr 03 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
It does when it's half milk and whipped cream.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#18 Apr 03 2013 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
**
486 posts
I'm thinking he doesn't drink his coffee black.
edit: dammit, too slow!

Edited, Apr 3rd 2013 10:41pm by BonYogi
#19 Apr 04 2013 at 5:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Just got put on some short term anti-biotics that need to be taken with no dairy an hour before and an hour after.... I am being forced to think through the scheduling of these pills very carefully... must not interfere with my morning coffee....


Coffee = Dairy?

I just got off anti-biotics that were the same. No calcium. And if hers are the same one is was on, 1-2 ounces of dairy is enough to make you throw up, so no cream/milk in your coffee.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#20 Apr 04 2013 at 6:52 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
Coffee should be consumed with no additives.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#21 Apr 04 2013 at 6:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,238 posts
Elinda wrote:
Coffee should be consumed with no additives.


Like hot water.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#22 Apr 04 2013 at 7:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
Coffee is made up of ~99.8% water. If you're lucky it's still hot.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#23 Apr 04 2013 at 7:03 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
You could just go direct to the source and chew on some coffee beans. You don't really need the water.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#24 Apr 04 2013 at 7:08 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
You could just go direct to the source and chew on some coffee beans. You don't really need the water.
You'll dry up without water.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#25 Apr 04 2013 at 7:17 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
Elinda wrote:
Coffee should be consumed with no additives.
Bleh. Needs at least sugar and whiskey.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Apr 04 2013 at 11:20 AM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
I wouldn't know a good coffee if it sprayed out my nose. I like the instant type. But as a national of a country where all the Italians, Greeks and Turks went to after WW2, I feel obligated to say that coffee with ANY additives apart from boiling water is an ABOMINATION. Cappuccino is allowed for children and hung-over adults as a breakfast beverage. Sugar is allowed in Turkish coffee that is actually 2/3 coffee grounds and 1/3 water that comes in a cup the size of a shot glass.

While whiskey in coffee is sounds intriguing, I'm sure it's a complete insult to the whiskey. Whisky. Thing.

Edited, Apr 4th 2013 1:21pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#27 Apr 04 2013 at 11:37 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm not a big fan of whiskey in coffee, but it's certainly not an insult to Whiskey. It's not like it's a limited resource, you can always go and get more.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#28 Apr 04 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
******
43,643 posts
Irish Coffee. Smiley: bah
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#29 Apr 04 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,178 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
I'm sure it's a complete insult to the whiskey. Whisky. Thing.
Whisky is Scottish, Whiskey is Irish.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#30 Apr 04 2013 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,564 posts
Elinda wrote:
Coffee should be consumed with no additives.

Elinda wrote:
Coffee is made up of ~99.8% water. If you're lucky it's still hot.

Wish I still had the ability to rate-up.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#31 Apr 04 2013 at 5:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
trickybeck wrote:

Wish I still had the ability to rate-up.


Well, are you going to behave and stop Karma Camping every single thing Gbaji posts? If so, maybe we can give you another chance.

____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#32 Apr 04 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,178 posts
But rating Gbaji down when he posts something stupid is much more satisfying than trying to argue with him.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#33 Apr 04 2013 at 6:05 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
You could just report him for spamming. Did it for Alma.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#34 Apr 04 2013 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,253 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Just got put on some short term anti-biotics that need to be taken with no dairy an hour before and an hour after.... I am being forced to think through the scheduling of these pills very carefully... must not interfere with my morning coffee....


Coffee = Dairy?

I just got off anti-biotics that were the same. No calcium. And if hers are the same one is was on, 1-2 ounces of dairy is enough to make you throw up, so no cream/milk in your coffee.


Yes, I take my coffee with milk. Didn't realize the reason we aren't allowed dairy/tums is cause it will make you throw up, I thought it just interfered with it's workings somehow.

On the bright side at least I can take a **** without massive pain now, so I guess it is worth it... sort of.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#35 Apr 04 2013 at 6:39 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
I think the throwing up was because I didn't eat anything before taking it. I think you're right in that it just keeps the antibiotics from working.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#36 Apr 04 2013 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,564 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
trickybeck wrote:

Wish I still had the ability to rate-up.


Well, are you going to behave and stop Karma Camping every single thing Gbaji posts? If so, maybe we can give you another chance.

Nah it's cool. I rate down posts that I think suck; it so happened that every one of his posts sucked, invariably. Life's better without rating anyway, save for the occasional coffee related comment I enjoy.
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#37 Apr 04 2013 at 11:04 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
Just FYI throwing up is one of the things that can stop an anti-biotic from working, because part or all of the anti-biotic pill may be expelled before it's digested. In another example, if a woman on the contraceptive pill throws up or has diarrhea one day, she's supposed to use condoms for the rest of the month because it's possible that the pill was compromised enough that she pops an ovum.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#38 Apr 05 2013 at 6:57 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
trickybeck wrote:
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
trickybeck wrote:

Wish I still had the ability to rate-up.


Well, are you going to behave and stop Karma Camping every single thing Gbaji posts? If so, maybe we can give you another chance.

Nah it's cool. I rate down posts that I think suck; it so happened that every one of his posts sucked, invariably. Life's better without rating anyway, save for the occasional coffee related comment I enjoy.

It's the thought that counts. Smiley: flowers





____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#39 Apr 05 2013 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
******
43,643 posts
Just an fyi, but Baileys makes some good flavored drinks that go well with coffee. I'm partial to their mint chocolate.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#40 Apr 05 2013 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Am I in the right thread? When did we get back on to talking about feminine traits?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#41 Apr 05 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
It was the throwing up and not eating thing.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#42 Apr 05 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
Those are definitely feminine traits.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#43 Apr 05 2013 at 9:42 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Just an fyi, but Baileys makes some good flavored drinks that go well with coffee. I'm partial to their mint chocolate.

I like Baileys with coffee.

I have it in a lowball with crushed ice (add-in a shot of Frangelico if it's available (try this)) with a cup of hot rich dark coffee on the side.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#44 Apr 05 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
Also, women are bad drivers.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#45 Apr 05 2013 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
I like Baileys with coffee.
Elinda wrote:
Also, women are bad drivers.

mmmHHhmmmm...
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#46 Apr 05 2013 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,816 posts
Bailey's will make you fat before it will make you drunk.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#47 Apr 05 2013 at 12:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,253 posts
Elinda wrote:
Bailey's will make you fat before it will make you drunk.


This is true. I have always thought getting drunk on irish cream would be really really gross. Your whole belly would be filled with curdling cream. ewww.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#48 Apr 05 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
trickybeck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Coffee should be consumed with no additives.

Elinda wrote:
Coffee is made up of ~99.8% water. If you're lucky it's still hot.

Wish I still had the ability to rate-up.
I got it covered, tb.Smiley: cool
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
My own extraordinary nature has nothing to do with the validity of what I'm talking about..
#49 Apr 05 2013 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,950 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
I wouldn't know a good coffee if it sprayed out my nose. I like the instant type. But as a national of a country where all the Italians, Greeks and Turks went to after WW2, I feel obligated to say that coffee with ANY additives apart from boiling water is an ABOMINATION. Cappuccino is allowed for children and hung-over adults as a breakfast beverage. Sugar is allowed in Turkish coffee that is actually 2/3 coffee grounds and 1/3 water that comes in a cup the size of a shot glass.

While whiskey in coffee is sounds intriguing, I'm sure it's a complete insult to the whiskey. Whisky. Thing.

Edited, Apr 4th 2013 1:21pm by Aripyanfar


Sorry, but you are wrong.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#50 Apr 07 2013 at 5:51 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,917 posts
No, U.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#51 Apr 07 2013 at 6:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Screenshot
.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 41 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Elinda, Anonymous Guests (39)