Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

**** your autistic kid, I'm tired of hearing about him.Follow

#202 Mar 25 2013 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
I tend to talk in first person plural when speaking untoward truths. It makes it easier on those of us who have more delicate sensibilities.
#203 Mar 25 2013 at 8:46 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Guenny wrote:
I just want to point out that, probably because of the autism, Kachi is trolling us now on Alma levels. I also want to make sure that those of you falling in to his trap realize that you are unknowingly enforcing his superiority complex. It's the usual suspects (Ari, BD, Eske), I'm sure Ari won't mind though this unintended consequence.

He thinks he's pulling something over on everyone else. Asking ingenuous questions to make you all think he's trying to learn something, when he's just making you post in circles, and nothing you will say will ever satisfy him. Like I said, smells too much like Alma- incomprehensible to us, thrilling to the perp; it's probably the 'tism.


Oh, that'd be a trip. Getting one over on my assertion that he's a sociopath by engaging in bizarre, sociopathic behavior.

But I doubt it. Occam's razor, and all that.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#204 Mar 25 2013 at 8:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Us?


I'm just here for the +1s
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#205 Mar 25 2013 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm nonplussed* that you'd think otherwise. He's offered no reason for you to be so forthcoming.

Logic 101 has given me no reason (confined to the evidence of this thread) to doubt what he says about himself yet. As in, according to rigorous, scientific Logic, I should not doubt him so far, on the evidence of this thread, even if statistically it is more likely for him to be not as intelligent as he thinks he is, and statistically less likely for him to be exactly as intelligent as he thinks he is compared to most of the people in this thread.

I have to say, that given that I have had the pleasure and the privilege of knowing several bona fide geniuses personally, his account of how he feels about most of humanity is congruent with their experiences of life. A couple of them are socialised enough to not say those things on forums, the others are not.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#206 Mar 25 2013 at 8:51 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Lord, the groupthink is strong in this one.

Quote:
The thing about intelligence though, it's worthless except in application. If you're so intelligent that you can accomplish nothing and relate to no one, you aren't really that intelligent at all, regardless of what some flawed test might tell you. Being good at a test doesn't mean being good at life. Being good at life, in case you haven't noticed, is a way more useful thing than scoring high on a test. In other worlds, it's nothing to boast about.


I basically said that very same thing.

No, unfortunately I'm really left to three fundamental conclusions:
1. People don't believe me, which is unfounded, especially because I'm nearly pathologically honest.
2. People honestly don't understand what I'm saying, because their reading comprehension is that impaired or the concepts are too difficult.
3. People really just aren't bothering to read at all, and forming a snap judgment.

I think I'll choose to just chalk this up to general laziness, as it seems that most of you just really aren't bothering to read the thread.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#207 Mar 25 2013 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Yes, Kachi, that is the correct conclusion. Everyone else is wrong and you're just above them. Let's move on now.
#208 Mar 25 2013 at 8:58 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm nonplussed* that you'd think otherwise. He's offered no reason for you to be so forthcoming.

Logic 101 has given me no reason (confined to the evidence of this thread) to doubt what he says about himself yet. As in, according to rigorous, scientific Logic, I should not doubt him so far, on the evidence of this thread, even if statistically it is more likely for him to be not as intelligent as he thinks he is, and statistically less likely for him to be exactly as intelligent as he thinks he is compared to most of the people in this thread.

I have to say, that given that I have had the pleasure and the privilege of knowing several bona fide geniuses personally, his account of how he feels about most of humanity is congruent with their experiences of life. A couple of them are socialised enough to not say those things on forums, the others are not.


Mmm. I've got a bridge to sell you, by the way.

I've known a few "geniuses" of Kachi's like firsthand, too. Similarly, the only evidence of their genius was their own assertion, and their condescension.


One of them works at a Dairy Queen.

Edited, Mar 25th 2013 10:59am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#209 Mar 25 2013 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,030 posts
Kachi wrote:
Lord, the groupthink is strong in this one.
Applying yet another generalized condescending slam doesn't really help your case.

Lord, for a supposed smart guy - you really don't get it. (or you are indeed trolling as suggested by one of the other mindless hive members)

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#210 Mar 25 2013 at 9:02 AM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
most of you are letting first impressions blind you to the merit of any subsequent posts. And you aren't permitting another explanation for his faux pas to pass into your brain once you've decided s/he's arrogant. .


I'm so intelligent I am not intellegent enough to recognize that referring to other people as children and intellectual gnats when I have done nothing of any real world consequence will be seen as pompous and completely unbelievable.
Neither you nor I have any idea what Kachi has done irl. Until then, I will treat Kachi's intelligence like a cat in a box. It is extreme, normal, and sub-par, until the atom decays and reality collapses to reveal what state it really is in.
Olorinus wrote:
Then when challenged to prove my statements about my strategy game prowess, I decline, because nothing proves how intelligent you are like refusing to prove it.
Actually, most of the bone fide geniuses whom I have known irl and on the internet simply have no interest in proving their intelligence to anyone who doesn't believe in it. There are exceptions who like to play games over the net.

____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#211 Mar 25 2013 at 9:02 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I shared the basis for my assessment of myself earlier in the thread, if you care to actually read it. But besides which, I very explicitly stated that I don't think being intelligent makes me great, or gives me anything to brag about. So what does it matter if I think I'm highly intelligent? If I think I'm the greatest Pokemon master in the all the land, but admit that being a Pokemon master isn't anything to brag about, why is that such a big deal?

Everybody else seems to care far more about what I think of my intelligence than I do.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#212 Mar 25 2013 at 9:05 AM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Guenny wrote:
I just want to point out that, probably because of the autism, Kachi is trolling us now on Alma levels. I also want to make sure that those of you falling in to his trap realize that you are unknowingly enforcing his superiority complex. It's the usual suspects (Ari, BD, Eske), I'm sure Ari won't mind though this unintended consequence.

He thinks he's pulling something over on everyone else. Asking ingenuous questions to make you all think he's trying to learn something, when he's just making you post in circles, and nothing you will say will ever satisfy him. Like I said, smells too much like Alma- incomprehensible to us, thrilling to the perp; it's probably the 'tism.

Really? I find his posts to be extremely straightforward. Simply worded, simply understood. Faux pas and all.
But apparently I'm so open minded my brain falls out.


Edited, Mar 25th 2013 11:08am by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#213 Mar 25 2013 at 9:06 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Kachi wrote:
I shared the basis for my assessment of myself earlier in the thread, if you care to actually read it. But besides which, I very explicitly stated that I don't think being intelligent makes me great, or gives me anything to brag about. So what does it matter if I think I'm highly intelligent? If I think I'm the greatest Pokemon master in the all the land, but admit that being a Pokemon master isn't anything to brag about, why is that such a big deal?

Everybody else seems to care far more about what I think of my intelligence than I do.


Being a Pokemon master isn't widely-regarded as an important trait to possess. Being intelligent is.

You might not think that intelligence is all that and a bag of chips, but the rest of the world values smarts.So when you push everyone down to prop yourself up with your claim of genius, people are more likely to be irked than when you tell them all how much better your level 3 charzard is.

Surely that's not surprising.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#214 Mar 25 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,426 posts
1. People don't believe me, which is unfounded, especially because I'm nearly pathologically honest.

People may not believe that you're being honest, which is probably happening to some degree. People may also not believe that your subjective experience accurately reflects reality. I tend to think it's mostly that last one you're running into.


2. People honestly don't understand what I'm saying, because their reading comprehension is that impaired or the concepts are too difficult.


No, that's not happening. Which sort of lends credence to to my previous comment.


3. People really just aren't bothering to read at all, and forming a snap judgment.


Possible, you're not a very engaging writer. As to the "snap judgement" of what you have written, it sort of exclusively lends itself to that. Particularly "I've never met anyone..." etc. Because without context, that statement is fairly meaningless. Leaving aside your ability to judge, there is the question of what opportunities you've given yourself to meet such people. Did you attend an elite university. Did you work in a field where high intelligence was very desirable? Cryptographic analysis, say? I honestly have no idea. Maybe all of that's known about you, but "I worked at McDonalds for 15 years and never met anyone smarter than I am" is a less convincing statement than "I worked for the NSA for 15 years and never met anyone smarter than I am." We'll assume you're smart enough to understand why.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#215 Mar 25 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
And hasn't a great deal of this thread been discussing the limited value of high intelligence? God, if I can't talk about it in such a thread without seeming like a bore, where can I?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#216 Mar 25 2013 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Kachi, you have spent gbaji number of words "defending" your intelligence in this thread. You are the one here who cares about what people think. If you didn't, you'd have walked away from the thread a long time ago.

I really apologize if it comes off as ruining someone's fun or forcing someone to conform by telling them what not to say. I'm just suggesting what a normal, well-adjusted human would actually do this situation. I'm still not sure if you're trying to prove that you ARE well adjusted or not, so take my advice with a grain of salt depending upon desired results.
#217 Mar 25 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
@Smash, Again, if you HAD actually read the thread, I discuss some of my background, at least well enough that you could get a general grasp of the answer to that question. It's really painfully obvious that some of you aren't reading what I write; that hardly makes it my fault if you don't understand what I'm conveying.

But back to the point, I'm not the one trying to convince people that I'm intelligent. I really see no point in it. We have pretty well established that it's not a very meaningful thing, have we not?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#218 Mar 25 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
******
43,849 posts
Guenny wrote:
If you didn't, you'd have walked away from the thread a long time ago.
How else is he going to prove how far above it he is, and how little he cares about it?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#219 Mar 25 2013 at 9:13 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Guenny wrote:
Kachi, you have spent gbaji number of words "defending" your intelligence in this thread. You are the one here who cares about what people think. If you didn't, you'd have walked away from the thread a long time ago.

I really apologize if it comes off as ruining someone's fun or forcing someone to conform by telling them what not to say. I'm just suggesting what a normal, well-adjusted human would actually do this situation. I'm still not sure if you're trying to prove that you ARE well adjusted or not, so take my advice with a grain of salt depending upon desired results.


No, if you think I've been defending my intelligence, you're badly mistaken. What I've been defending the vast majority of this time is my personality. I could give two ***** what you think of my intelligence. I hate that people think I'm arrogant or trying to put them down--two things which I am decidedly not.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#220 Mar 25 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,426 posts
Smash, Again, if you HAD actually read the thread,

I have.

I discuss some of my background, at least well enough that you could get a general grasp of the answer to that question.

You don't. I'm sure you think did, but that's not all the same thing.

It's really painfully obvious that some of you aren't reading what I write

You're wrong. It's really painfully obvious given your responses to others that you're doing a stunningly poor job of communicating. Intentionally, maybe, I don't care enough to bother to wonder about it.


; that hardly makes it my fault if you don't understand what I'm conveying.


No, it's absolutely your fault. Let's be clear about what isn't happening: You aren't communicating a way that someone else would understand, not because they lack some quality that would allow understanding, but merely because you're executing the task poorly.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#221 Mar 25 2013 at 9:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,426 posts
I hate that people think I'm arrogant or trying to put them down--two things which I am decidedly not.

Oddly you aren't the one that determines your own arrogance, it should be fairly obvious why.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#222 Mar 25 2013 at 9:17 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I tend to agree with Ari that my writing is actually pretty straightforward.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#223 Mar 25 2013 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Guenny wrote:
If you didn't, you'd have walked away from the thread a long time ago.
How else is he going to prove how far above it he is, and how little he cares about it?


Aripyanfar wrote:
Actually, most of the bone fide geniuses whom I have known irl and on the internet simply have no interest in proving their intelligence to anyone who doesn't believe in it.


Considering that all you apparently need to believe someone is a genius is for them to declare it, I don't find your anecdotal evidence of genius behavior very convincing.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#224 Mar 25 2013 at 9:18 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I hate that people think I'm arrogant or trying to put them down--two things which I am decidedly not.

Oddly you aren't the one that determines your own arrogance, it should be fairly obvious why.


Sounds like moving the goalpost at its finest, to me. Seriously, that's a pretty convenient tautology you have there. "You are arrogant because we decided you are."
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#225 Mar 25 2013 at 9:19 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Guenny wrote:
Kachi, you have spent gbaji number of words "defending" your intelligence in this thread. You are the one here who cares about what people think. If you didn't, you'd have walked away from the thread a long time ago.

I really apologize if it comes off as ruining someone's fun or forcing someone to conform by telling them what not to say. I'm just suggesting what a normal, well-adjusted human would actually do this situation. I'm still not sure if you're trying to prove that you ARE well adjusted or not, so take my advice with a grain of salt depending upon desired results.
Kachi has consistently claimed in this thread not to be normal, and not to be well adjusted. He thought he found someone who had had similar life experience to him, and promptly got plastered for how he expressed that. To me he seems to be seeking for people who will engage with him in a level way. I spent too much time as a way out there complete freak all through primary and secondary school not to empathize with social dislocation and an effort to find rapport after a social suicide episode that was unintended and completely bewilders the suicidee.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#226 Mar 25 2013 at 9:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,426 posts
Sounds like moving the goalpost at its finest, to me. Seriously, that's a pretty convenient tautology you have there. "You are arrogant because we decided you are."

That's not a tautology any more than "You're not popular because we decided you aren't. Do you see why?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#227 Mar 25 2013 at 9:20 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
Smash, Again, if you HAD actually read the thread,

I have.


Then you'd at least know of my doctoral level experience, yet you suggested that I might only be exposed to burger flippers.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#228Kachi, Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:21 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Popularity is something other people decide about you. Arrogance is something you feel about yourself. Do you own a dictionary?
#229 Mar 25 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Kachi wrote:
I tend to agree with Ari that my writing is actually pretty straightforward.

Well, of course it's straightforward to you. You know what you mean. ^-^
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#230 Mar 25 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Oddly, most educated people that read what I say know what I mean. I've dealt with a fair share of peer reviews and never encountered a problem with it.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#231 Mar 25 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
Kachi wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
I hate that people think I'm arrogant or trying to put them down--two things which I am decidedly not.

Oddly you aren't the one that determines your own arrogance, it should be fairly obvious why.


Sounds like moving the goalpost at its finest, to me. Seriously, that's a pretty convenient tautology you have there. "You are arrogant because we decided you are."


How else would arrogance be determined?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#232 Mar 25 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,426 posts
Popularity is something other people decide about you. Arrogance is something you feel about yourself.

Because you say so?

Checkmate, thanks for playing.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#233 Mar 25 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Because the dictionary says so, ********
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#234 Mar 25 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,417 posts
The latest direction this discussion has taken me reminds me of the character of the witch Granny Weatherwax from Discworld. I'm paraphrasing, but she evidently learned early on that she was quite a bit smarter than everyone else around her, and also learned that it was best not to let them be aware of this fact.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#235 Mar 25 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Kachi wrote:
Arrogance is something you feel about yourself.


The stuff of genius, everybody.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#236 Mar 25 2013 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Clearly I'm far and away from the only one guilty of being obtuse, at the very least.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#237 Mar 25 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,426 posts
Because the dictionary says so, dipsh*t.

It doesn't, in fact. We've completed our conversation, now. Please feel free to continue with others, I require no more of your input to asses your personality. Good luck with your life.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#238 Mar 25 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
Kachi wrote:
Because the dictionary says so, dipsh*t.


Where?

Quote:
adjective
1.
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance, or a sense of superiority, self-importance, or entitlement: arrogant claims.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#239 Mar 25 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
Actually, most of the bone fide geniuses whom I have known irl and on the internet simply have no interest in proving their intelligence to anyone who doesn't believe in it.


Considering that all you apparently need to believe someone is a genius is for them to declare it, I don't find your anecdotal evidence of genius behavior very convincing.

Then you didn't understand my Schroedinger's cat metaphor. The jury is still out, even if Logic determines that I have no reason to disbelieve him yet. And since I don't know how to simply and effectively prove I know I know a handful of geniuses, in the past and present, I'm not going to try. Believe what you want. Except for one, the people who would know some of whom I'm talking about don't post here any more.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#240 Mar 25 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I hate that people think I'm arrogant or trying to put them down--two things which I am decidedly not.

Oddly you aren't the one that determines your own arrogance, it should be fairly obvious why.
I have to agree with Smash on this one.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#241 Mar 25 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
Because the dictionary says so, dipsh*t.

It doesn't, in fact. We've completed our conversation, now. Please feel free to continue with others, I require no more of your input to asses your personality. Good luck with your life.


Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Because the dictionary says so, dipsh*t.


Where?

Quote:
adjective
1.
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance, or a sense of superiority, self-importance, or entitlement: arrogant claims.


Oh, looky, number
1. Pride, a feeling of the self.
2. SELF-importance.

My, but that was hard. God, you know what, nevermind. I tried, I really did. But clearly I'm dealing with a bunch of entrenched dullards.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#242 Mar 25 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
I don't think that says what you think it says.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#243Kachi, Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:31 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And just to be clear:
#244 Mar 25 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
The main reason that Kachi's explanations aren't working is that he's being arrogant and than saying no, I wasn't being arrogant, or being pompous and then trying to explain how he wasn't really being pompous. He is and he was. That's fine, Smash is arrogant all the time, and you don't see anyone quibbling with him over it. That's not the problem here.

@definitions, neither imply any kind of necessary self evaluation.

Edited, Mar 25th 2013 10:33am by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#245Kachi, Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:32 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'd agree. Your reading comprehension is thus suspect.
#246 Mar 25 2013 at 9:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Guenny wrote:
Kachi, you have spent gbaji number of words "defending" your intelligence in this thread. You are the one here who cares about what people think. If you didn't, you'd have walked away from the thread a long time ago.

I really apologize if it comes off as ruining someone's fun or forcing someone to conform by telling them what not to say. I'm just suggesting what a normal, well-adjusted human would actually do this situation. I'm still not sure if you're trying to prove that you ARE well adjusted or not, so take my advice with a grain of salt depending upon desired results.
Kachi has consistently claimed in this thread not to be normal, and not to be well adjusted. He thought he found someone who had had similar life experience to him, and promptly got plastered for how he expressed that. To me he seems to be seeking for people who will engage with him in a level way. I spent too much time as a way out there complete freak all through primary and secondary school not to empathize with social dislocation and an effort to find rapport after a social suicide episode that was unintended and completely bewilders the suicidee.


I think the giant disconnect between my feelings here and yours is that you are fascinated by his maladjustment. I'm bored. I grew up on the internet in the late 90's so that was all I knew - people who were smarter than everyone else and socially isolated. There are those that at least pretend to care about others and those that will never stop looking down their nose at the "lesser beings". Kachi reeks of the latter, but it could be because he's trolling. Regardless, he's not exhibiting the former, which I'd expect to see when someone imposes themselves in a social forum such as this. If he's not willing to exhibit basic emotions that promote coexistence like humility and modesty in a social situation that he's choosing to be in, then he is exhibiting sociopathic traits and not just anti-social traits. That said, I find him about as fascinating as a used q-tip.
#247 Mar 25 2013 at 9:34 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
And for the record: I -still- don't feel that makes me superior, which would be the definition of arrogance. I just find too many of you insufferable.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#248 Mar 25 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Me, a page ago wrote:
I think that the braggadocio from his earlier post is who he is. I find his awkward, "one-step-forward-two-steps-back" retractions that have followed it to be insincere.


Kachi wrote:
clearly I'm dealing with a bunch of entrenched dullards.


Kachi wrote:
And just to be clear:

Before, I thought I was misunderstood.

Now, I'm sure most of you are painfully dim.


Kachi wrote:
I just find too many of you insufferable.


Aaaaaaaannddd....there it is. The inevitable turn.

C'mon, Ari. You gotta give me this one.

Edited, Mar 25th 2013 11:36am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#249 Mar 25 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Kachi wrote:
And just to be clear:

Before, I thought I was misunderstood.

Now, I'm sure most of you are painfully dim.

It's just that the Dunning Kruger effect affects most people's skeptical abilities too. People are also falling for the million-to-one fallacy too.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#250 Mar 25 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
Aaaaaaaannddd....there it is. The inevitable turn.


It wasn't inevitable at all. I tried rather hard to prevent it.

Hint: One side of this kerfuffle was willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Edited, Mar 25th 2013 8:42am by Kachi
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#251 Mar 25 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,841 posts
This thread is in need of a big group hug. I'd give one, but you people smell funny.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CDT
Bijou, BonYogi, lolgaxe, stupidmonkey, trickybeck, Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (50)