Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Adios Presidente. Follow

#1 Mar 06 2013 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,167 posts
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57572743/hugo-chavezs-handpicked-successor-at-helm-in-venezuela-for-time-being/

Commence revisionist history writing that Chavez somehow hurt Venezuela.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#2 Mar 06 2013 at 8:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Revisionist? People are just now saying that Chavez hurt Venezuela or something?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3 Mar 06 2013 at 9:08 AM Rating: Good
******
43,211 posts
Well, they can say it now without a death squad at your front door.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Mar 06 2013 at 3:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,812 posts
I like how he kept winning 100% of their election votes dispite massive protests in the street. I mean, you would think at least one or two people would have accidentally voted for the opposition.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#5 Mar 06 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,162 posts
Not sure what you're talking about. He won his first election in 1998 with 56%,in 2000 with 60%, in 2006 with 62% and the last one with 54%.

Edited, Mar 6th 2013 4:54pm by feelz
#6 Mar 06 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,812 posts
maybe it was just the capital. i forget. either way it was amusing.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#7 Mar 06 2013 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,747 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
I like how he kept winning 100% of their election votes dispite massive protests in the street. I mean, you would think at least one or two people would have accidentally voted for the opposition.
Vote for el Presidente
Chavez:0 (0.0%)
Chavez:1 (16.7%)
That other guy but really, just Chavez again:3 (50.0%)
Hugo Chavez:2 (33.3%)
Total:6
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#8 Mar 06 2013 at 5:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Ministry of Silly Cnuts
*****
19,491 posts
The nasty evil communist dictator who had the temerity to wrest control of his own country's oil from U.S. companies and fritter it away on education, healthcare and social infrastructure for his own countrymen.

Pure evil!
____________________________
"I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left" - Seasick Steve
#9 Mar 06 2013 at 6:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,140 posts
Plus he drove a Volkswagen. You know who else liked Volkswagens?
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#10 Mar 06 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,612 posts
Samira wrote:
Plus he drove a Volkswagen. You know who else liked Volkswagens?


MY MOM!
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#11 Mar 06 2013 at 6:38 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,548 posts
Smiley: um What's Bama not telling us now?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#12 Mar 06 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,835 posts
My mom drove a VW too, but not a Beetle.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#13 Mar 06 2013 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
Samira wrote:
Plus he drove a Volkswagen. You know who else liked Volkswagens?
Shickelgruber?
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.

#14 Mar 07 2013 at 4:38 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
To be fair, if you give poor people free fridges, they're going to vote for you.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#15 Mar 07 2013 at 6:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,140 posts

Friar Bijou wrote:
Samira wrote:
Plus he drove a Volkswagen. You know who else liked Volkswagens?
Shickelgruber?



Sorry, the correct answer was "Ted Bundy".



Edited, Mar 7th 2013 6:32pm by Samira
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#16 Mar 07 2013 at 7:00 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,548 posts
Nilatai wrote:
To be fair, if you give poor people free fridges, they're going to vote for you.
Chav-chillers? Free phones win you votes too.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#17 Mar 07 2013 at 8:48 AM Rating: Good
******
43,211 posts
Samira wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
Samira wrote:
Plus he drove a Volkswagen. You know who else liked Volkswagens?
Shickelgruber?
Sorry, the correct answer was "Ted Bundy".
I don't remember that episode of Married with Children.

Edited, Mar 7th 2013 9:49am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18 Mar 07 2013 at 4:32 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,382 posts
Elinda wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
To be fair, if you give poor people free fridges, they're going to vote for you.
Chav-chillers? Free phones win you votes too.


Free health care works even better though.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#19 Mar 07 2013 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,835 posts
Nilatai wrote:
To be fair, if you give poor people free fridges, they're going to vote for you.

What would an Inuit do with a Frigidaire?


And, what's up with the double-quoting thing? Stupid Zam...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#20 Mar 07 2013 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
Debalic wrote:
And, what's up with the double-quoting thing? Stupid Zam...
That would be Firefox doing that.
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.

#21 Mar 07 2013 at 6:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,747 posts
Blame ZAM anyway. GO FIX THAT sh*t KAO!
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22 Mar 07 2013 at 7:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Free health care works even better though.

Them Negroes love them the free health care eh, Romney? Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#23 Mar 07 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,382 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Free health care works even better though.

Them Negroes love them the free health care eh, Romney? Smiley: laugh


You're the one assuming that "poor" == "negro". Racial stereotype much?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#24 Mar 07 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,211 posts
That's right. It could also be those dirty Irish.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#25 Mar 07 2013 at 10:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
You're the one assuming that "poor" == "negro". Racial stereotype much?

Well, I'm the one assuming that blacks are minorities since he explicitly said that he lost minorities because he underestimated how much they wanted that free health care.

That's some racial stereotyping of me! Naughty, naughty me! Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#26 Mar 07 2013 at 11:07 PM Rating: Good
****
4,388 posts
His last words were "Please don't let me die"

Undoubtedly mine will be:

"Maybe having six of you at once, was too much."
____________________________
I voted for the other guy.
#27 Mar 08 2013 at 12:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,835 posts
Tacosid wrote:
His last words were "Please don't let me die"

Undoubtedly mine will be:

"Maybe having six of you at once, was too much."

That would be embarrassing, dying in a heap of Big Mac wrappers.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#28 Mar 08 2013 at 12:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
My ex-coworker was born in Venezuela, she would like to assure you there is nothing revisionist about Chavez hurting Venezuela, especially on crime rates, political violence, poor US relations, corruption, or general craziness.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#29 Mar 08 2013 at 7:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Debalic wrote:
Tacosid wrote:
"Maybe having six of you at once, was too much."
That would be embarrassing, dying in a heap of Big Mac wrappers.

I assumed a Kung-Fu fight against five year olds.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#30 Mar 08 2013 at 8:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,923 posts
A friend of mine just returned home to Venezuela yesterday. He said Chavez dying was an awesome graduation/home-coming present Smiley: lol
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#31 Mar 08 2013 at 2:59 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,382 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
You're the one assuming that "poor" == "negro". Racial stereotype much?

Well, I'm the one assuming that blacks are minorities since he explicitly said that he lost minorities because he underestimated how much they wanted that free health care.


Wait! So poor == minority cause Romney said they wanted free health care. And minority == negro because...?

Quote:
That's some racial stereotyping of me! Naughty, naughty me! Smiley: laugh


Yes. You've been very naughty Joph.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#32 Mar 08 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,382 posts
shintasama wrote:
My ex-coworker was born in Venezuela, she would like to assure you there is nothing revisionist about Chavez hurting Venezuela, especially on crime rates, political violence, poor US relations, corruption, or general craziness.


The revisionism is attempting to paint him as some kind of reformer instead of an opportunist.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#33 Mar 08 2013 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,548 posts
gbaji wrote:

Wait! So poor == minority cause Romney said they wanted free health care. And minority == negro because...?
No one said anything about 'poor' until you simply equated poor to negro. I think Joph used negro as an example of a minority. That seems to make everything make the most sense.

You on drugs?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#34 Mar 08 2013 at 3:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Wait! So poor == minority cause Romney said they wanted free health care. And minority == negro because...?

No, try again.

Here, in fact I'll skip your usual nonsense and make it easy on you. It was a riff on Romney's repeated claims that he lost because poor minorities want free stuff, like health care. I'd think that would be easy to noodle out but I suppose I underestimated the size of your disconnect.

Edited, Mar 8th 2013 3:46pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#35 Mar 08 2013 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
gbaji wrote:
shintasama wrote:
My ex-coworker was born in Venezuela, she would like to assure you there is nothing revisionist about Chavez hurting Venezuela, especially on crime rates, political violence, poor US relations, corruption, or general craziness.


The revisionism is attempting to paint him as some kind of reformer instead of an opportunist.


Technically, he was a reformer, just not a good one. lol

Edited, Mar 8th 2013 7:35pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#36 Mar 08 2013 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
He nationalized the (US owned) oil industry and redistributed the profits to the poor in the form of health care, education, housing and infrastructure improvements.

To gbaji, this makes him somewhere south of Satan.
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.

#37 Mar 08 2013 at 7:31 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,382 posts
gbaji wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
To be fair, if you give poor people free fridges, they're going to vote for you.
Chav-chillers? Free phones win you votes too.


Free health care works even better though.


Elinda wrote:
gbaji wrote:

Wait! So poor == minority cause Romney said they wanted free health care. And minority == negro because...?
No one said anything about 'poor' until you simply equated poor to negro.


Do you guys just not read, or not follow at all the thread of a conversation. This is twice in one day that someone has pulled the "no one said that", when I was directly responding to someone saying exactly that. Holy hell, it was even *you* who first made the response. Did you just forget?

Um... It was Joph who equated being poor to being a negro. WTF?

Quote:
I think Joph used negro as an example of a minority.


You "think"? Go and read what he wrote, then come back.

Quote:
You on drugs?


Smiley: dubious
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#38 Mar 08 2013 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
****
4,388 posts
Quote:
That would be embarrassing, dying in a heap of Big Mac wrappers.


Better than dying eating a half dozen McRibs.
____________________________
I voted for the other guy.
#39 Mar 08 2013 at 11:19 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,167 posts

The revisionism is attempting to paint him as some kind of reformer instead of an opportunist.


Opportunist? Why so mild? He was an egomaniac. Something he shared with every leader of a nation state. You don't get or keep the job otherwise. Would it have been better if he didn't run for dictator for life? Yes. Would more poor Venezuelans have died if he hadn't come to power? Yes. I guess it depends how you measure accomplishments. On balance, I'm going to say the less dead people thing vs the personal aggrandize thing sums to a net plus.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 40 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (40)